The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #401
nypinta
Certified Delightfut

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Well, with TWS the fight at SHIELD HQ was only one day. Easy for any agents not local to miss it, and yeah, the way they did it tied it in well. Showing how what Steve did by revealing Hydra effected the agency in all their various strongholds. But for IW they're either going to have to show Coulson and Co. joining the fray somewhere or doing a time jump past it and S6 is post-Thanos's first appearance on Earth. Not knowing what's going to happen and how the movie ends will be interesting to determine what they do next season, (if they get one), because doesn't the second part come out at around the same time next year? So if the movie studio portion and the TV powers that be decided, all of next season could be a giant tie into the final Phase 3 movie. Even if it's just SHIELD having to react to a world that not only knows aliens exist but that one of the biggest and baddest is trying to kill at least half the population.

Honestly, not sure why I'm even thinking about this now. It's not like we'll know what could be until the movie comes out. haha.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #402
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

were the writers of season 1 given an insight into The Winter Soldier because weren't their episodes revealing Hydra like literally the Wednesday after TWS debuted.

I'm wondering how closely the show will reflect Infinity War or will that come in season 6?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:52 PM   #403
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Loeb and another writer apparently knew of it at least. Not sure about the team and cast at large. But then, Loeb loved to say 'It's all connected,' so of course he probably had an idea.

http://ew.com/article/2014/04/09/age...stmortem-ward/

Quote:
JEFF BELL: We’ve known what Captain America: The Winter Solider was all about since we came together a year ago. And so we knew that we were doing a show called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and that in the movie, S.H.I.E.L.D. gets blown up. And it’s full of the “H word” [Hydra.] And so we’ve been working with the studio from the get-go towards this moment.

Our challenge was that we couldn’t say the “H word” until after Captain America 2…so we had to have an ongoing threat that we’ve called Centipede, that we’ve called The Clairvoyant, that we’ve called other things, because we could not say the word Hydra.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #404
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

the Clairvoyant was a big let down.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #405
Jordacar
The Endless One

I just realized that season 1 had a fake clairvoyant, and...now they have a real one.

Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 AM   #406
karmajack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
I just realized that season 1 had a fake clairvoyant, and...now they have a real one.
Back in Season 1 / MCU Phase 1, the scope of "abilities" wasn't defined enough to include such powers. With the exception of Thor (who is actually an alien in the MCU), everyone's powers were the result of science experiments. Most of which were various attempts at recreating the Super Soldier project. At the time, they couldn't explain the origin of telekinetic, telepathic, or psychic abilities. Mostly because human mutants are off limits. Also because it would have been challenging to explain away such abilities through reality rooted science on the show. AoS didn't have MacGuffins like the Infinity Stones to explain away certain powers (Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver.) At least not til the Darkhold. Once the Inhuman gene came into play, they had liberty to be more flexible and creative with a character's abilities. That opened the door for all kinds of super human abilities.
It's actually interesting to look back on. How they started by playing things safe and somewhat believable, to what they get away with now. Which still isn't that far fetched.

karmajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #407
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Loeb and another writer apparently knew of it at least. Not sure about the team and cast at large. But then, Loeb loved to say 'It's all connected,' so of course he probably had an idea.

http://ew.com/article/2014/04/09/age...stmortem-ward/
I remember some asked the Russo Bros a question about how AoS connected to Winter Soldier and they said they didn't have much interaction, but did show the showrunners an early cut of the film and they all came out with long faces say "What do we do, they just destroyed the concept of out show. So I'm guess they knew there would be the Hydra conspiracy but did not know the movie was going to end SHIELD as an organization.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #408
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Will Ruby/The Kree Invasion be resolved by the end of the season or will it be carried over into season 6 & be linked to Avengers 4 or Captain Marvel in some way?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #409
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Will Ruby/The Kree Invasion be resolved by the end of the season or will it be carried over into season 6 & be linked to Avengers 4 or Captain Marvel in some way?
Probably end this season so they can do something different. But the prospects of there being a season 6 is slim and it's been said they're treating this like a series finale just in case.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #410
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
Probably end this season so they can do something different. But the prospects of there being a season 6 is slim and it's been said they're treating this like a series finale just in case.
And thus it is easy to kill off a MODOK Superior before he was actually named, like they do on The Flash with an extended and not connected universe. Thus it is possible to use a giant head on a robot later

Old 04-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #411
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

One week out from Avengers 3 my big picture, the long game in current Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. speak speculation. The Confederacy is indeed an anti Thanos coalition as they know what the comic's reader does about Thanos's goals and motivations. Given the the long game Earth is expendable to the Confederation.

First SHIELD saves the day the Earth is not destroyed due to the actions on TV as the season/series finale ends. However Thanos comes down right on the heels S.H.I.E.L..D.'s triumpant moment.

In Avengers 3 Infinity War we see what happens in New York and Wakanda along with the arrival of The Guardians of The Galaxy and Thor. Captain America falls at the end acting as a rear guard for something in Wakanda, what could that be? . I hope they refrain from putting either Bucky Barnes or Sam Wilson in the American flag for Avengers 4 but who knows. I haven't noticed Hawkeye or Drax, who dreams of taking out Thanos in the promotional run up so they might have an emotinally important role also.

Ant-Man and The Wasp return from their mission to find the world in turmoil from the second alien invasion. Meanwhile we get the origin of Captain Marvel and she heads towards earth as the three get ready for Avengers 4 with the Guardians, Wakandan and Avenger survivors.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #412
ComicBookNerd
Side-Kick

I’m kind of mad they’re having an episode next Friday. I think they should’ve taken the week off for Avengers Infinity War, mainly because I got tickets to an evening showing on Friday night and I can’t steam the episode on the ABC app until a week later. I guess I could stream it off a secondary streaming site on my laptop, but I would prefer watching it on television.

ComicBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #413
KevTravels
Side-Kick

so was Ruby a false villain to lull us in before they revealed the real BIG BAD of the season?

or did the writers get the whole character wrong?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #414
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

This season has been a miss for me. I was out on this season when they returned to Earth and was once again for the fifth straight season wanted by the Authorities. It's getting old.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #415
ComicBookNerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
This season has been a miss for me. I was out on this season when they returned to Earth and was once again for the fifth straight season wanted by the Authorities. It's getting old.
You think Agents of SHIELD has missed the mark this season, you should check out what they’re doing on Once Upon Time (actually, don’t check it out, it’s such a mess).

ComicBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #416
scarlet-witch
Hands off.

Quote:
Yeah, this has been a hard pass for me since they got back on Earth, and this is coming from someone who hated the framework story too.

I feel so strangely about this show. I'm so invested in most of the characters and I want to continue watching them, but the stories have been such a let down.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #417
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-witch View Post
Yeah, this has been a hard pass for me since they got back on Earth, and this is coming from someone who hated the framework story too.

I feel so strangely about this show. I'm so invested in most of the characters and I want to continue watching them, but the stories have been such a let down.
I feel the same, I love the characters but I've not really enjoyed this season.

Old 04-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #418
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
so was Ruby a false villain to lull us in before they revealed the real BIG BAD of the season?

or did the writers get the whole character wrong?
Depending on how you look at it this season had about 4 villains. First Cassius in the future, then General Hale, then Ruby was supposed to be the bigger villain of the season but she was killed off before she got to do all that much villainy so now we are up to minor villain #2 General Hale sicking the Confedracy on AOS for killing her daughter. So in the end the Kree will end up being the biggest bads of the season.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:02 AM   #419
fire117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah having SHIELD wanted by the authorities again is getting old. But aside from that I've liked season 5 overall.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #420
Vampfox
Side-Kick

To me this show is my favorite part of the MCU, and is way better than the movies.

A 22 episode Tv season allows you to developed the characters way better than a 2 hour movie.

It's sad that most people give up on this show so early cause it's so good nowadays.

Vampfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:49 PM   #421
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Really liking this season.
I thought Talbot with a beard looked way cool, never would have seen "that" coming though.
The Captain Crunch (ouch!) scene a few episodes ago was foreshadowing, if you know what I mean.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #422
NHawk19
insert witty comment

I guess the question is how do they move into season 6

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
when half the universe is turned to dust? They can't just have everyone on the team survive the snap

Old 05-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #423
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHawk19 View Post
I guess the question is how do they move into season 6

when half the universe is turned to dust? They can't just have everyone on the team survive the snap
Well it's not just that.

They can't set it after Avengers 4, as if everyone is restored. That will raise a question all season long about what happened and how Thanos was defeated.

And they can't set it before Season 5, because 5 happened immediately after 4 when they were abducted from that diner.

And all of this is happening not just on earth but throughout the universe. So Season 6 is really stuck.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #424
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well it's not just that.

They can't set it after Avengers 4, as if everyone is restored. That will raise a question all season long about what happened and how Thanos was defeated.

And they can't set it before Season 5, because 5 happened immediately after 4 when they were abducted from that diner.

And all of this is happening not just on earth but throughout the universe. So Season 6 is really stuck.

I have a theory that the announcement of Coulson in Captain Marvel along with Infinity War post credits means that
in a post snap world being the world experts in the weird SHIELD comes back for a Director Coulson being a known face for Captain Marvel to introduce her to the group of extraordinary heroes

I still don't know how to fit the TV show into the time period between the series/season finale and the opening Friday of Avengers 4.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:27 AM   #425
Brawl
Side-Kick

So is Talbot now Gravitron?

Brawl is offline   Reply With Quote