The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Aquaman > Aquaman

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 04:02 AM   #951
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 7,784
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Thanks, my uncle always used to say he liked the sweet sass I brought around with me.

At least that’s what I thought he said

Astro13Zombie is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #952
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese
 
SkullDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

That was a joke so dirty I'm actually kinda proud.

__________________
You will be a curse upon Gotham. Children will wake from sleep screaming at the thought of you. Your legacy will be death and madness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
DC Fans: "We need warriors.."

*SkullDevil raises his hand and fights for truth, justice and the PM way.*
SkullDevil is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #953
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Shadows
Posts: 16,149
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Unused JUSTICE LEAGUE Aquaman design concept!


__________________

Micromind is online now  
Old 04-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #954
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

That actually looks pretty damn good

Tg11 is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 12:16 AM   #955
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In Shadows
Posts: 16,149
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Reposting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromind View Post
Wan shutting down the rumors..





https://twitter.com/yahya/status/986091938641207296

__________________

Micromind is online now  
Old 04-17-2018, 02:57 AM   #956
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,231
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Aw, yahya is exactly the sort of guy you always want on your side. He’s so nice. It’s going to be hard to see him as a villain (but not really because he’s such a great actor)

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 06:00 AM   #957
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: searchin' for Atlantis
Posts: 9,401
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

I'm ASTONISHED that Demon Nun was a part of reshoots in Conjuring 2. That's a huge part of the movie and its most effective subplot.

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
harlequinade is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 06:15 AM   #958
Greenlite
is a real person
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Middle Earth
Posts: 5,404
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

any news on the trailer? IW coming NEXT WK!!

So bored with lack of DC real news, but Wan is awesome, if AM is a success, one of the common contributing factors between it and WW would be how involved the directors are with the project and PR side of things. Make this part of the director's job prescription (or PR team help them out, it works well)

Greenlite is online now  
Old 04-17-2018, 07:12 AM   #959
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese
 
SkullDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
I'm ASTONISHED that Demon Nun was a part of reshoots in Conjuring 2. That's a huge part of the movie and its most effective subplot.
The spin-off is gonna hopefully be great, mate.

And yeah, I need the Aquaman trailer on a silver platter.

__________________
You will be a curse upon Gotham. Children will wake from sleep screaming at the thought of you. Your legacy will be death and madness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
DC Fans: "We need warriors.."

*SkullDevil raises his hand and fights for truth, justice and the PM way.*

Last edited by SkullDevil; 04-18-2018 at 11:39 AM.
SkullDevil is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #960
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

I wonder if any of the League members will show up in Aquaman like in a cameo capacity? Especially if they stay within the shared universe which is what Marvel does in the sense that other heroes show up in other heroes' solo films then it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for any of the League members to show up in Arthur's solo film in a cameo. It would obviously be kept secret.

Tg11 is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 10:16 AM   #961
dhandler01
This world will fall!
 
dhandler01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,466
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

I highly doubt it. If it happens it would be post credits but most likely any references would be in the background. AM, like WW will be its own film within the universe.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Jenkins
The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
dhandler01 is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 03:13 PM   #962
ViewerAnon
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 125
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
I'm ASTONISHED that Demon Nun was a part of reshoots in Conjuring 2. That's a huge part of the movie and its most effective subplot.
Not even just reshoots - that movie came out in July and Wan didn't think up the Nun until, I think, April!

ViewerAnon is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #963
Sawyer
High King
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,847
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I wonder if any of the League members will show up in Aquaman like in a cameo capacity? Especially if they stay within the shared universe which is what Marvel does in the sense that other heroes show up in other heroes' solo films then it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for any of the League members to show up in Arthur's solo film in a cameo. It would obviously be kept secret.
Hard pass. If any lesson can be learned from how JL turned out, it's that they need to ease WAY the hell back on forcing the shared universe concept. You can't dispute WW's success and that was almost entirely standalone. Let's keep that up.

__________________
https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/statu...05636392116224
Quote:
Eric Heisserer
@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is online now  
Old 04-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #964
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick
 
Astro13Zombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 7,784
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

There’s absolutely no reason for other league members to show up in this.
No reason.

Astro13Zombie is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 AM   #965
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Yeah I guess you're right but then again if you want people to have faith again in a shared universe then what is the worst that can happen with a short cameo appearance

Tg11 is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #966
dhandler01
This world will fall!
 
dhandler01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,466
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

The worst is that people who hate the DCEU will then be reminded why they hate it. Aquaman has the luck to be so far away from Justice League that people are forgetting their angst over it. That is a gift and they need to use it.

WB finally seems to have figured out that the shared universe only works if you establish the characters within it. They tried a different plan for Disney but they failed in the execution so now it is time to go back and let these characters shine on their own. The shared universe is still there but if you want any shot at crossovers later you need to at least have some of the characters fleshed out. Wonder Woman did that and it seems Aquaman is on track to as well.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Jenkins
The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
dhandler01 is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #967
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action
 
Milk Tray Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,272
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I wonder if any of the League members will show up in Aquaman like in a cameo capacity? Especially if they stay within the shared universe which is what Marvel does in the sense that other heroes show up in other heroes' solo films then it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for any of the League members to show up in Arthur's solo film in a cameo. It would obviously be kept secret.
After JL's reception I think they'll be happy to play down any other connections for now.

__________________
"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #968
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action
 
Milk Tray Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7,272
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
I highly doubt it. If it happens it would be post credits but most likely any references would be in the background. AM, like WW will be its own film within the universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Hard pass. If any lesson can be learned from how JL turned out, it's that they need to ease WAY the hell back on forcing the shared universe concept. You can't dispute WW's success and that was almost entirely standalone. Let's keep that up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
The worst is that people who hate the DCEU will then be reminded why they hate it. Aquaman has the luck to be so far away from Justice League that people are forgetting their angst over it. That is a gift and they need to use it.

WB finally seems to have figured out that the shared universe only works if you establish the characters within it. They tried a different plan for Disney but they failed in the execution so now it is time to go back and let these characters shine on their own. The shared universe is still there but if you want any shot at crossovers later you need to at least have some of the characters fleshed out. Wonder Woman did that and it seems Aquaman is on track to as well.
I think these posts just about sum it up for now.

__________________
"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #969
harlequinade
Little Mermaid
 
harlequinade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: searchin' for Atlantis
Posts: 9,401
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Yeah I guess you're right but then again if you want people to have faith again in a shared universe then what is the worst that can happen with a short cameo appearance
They can get nasty flashbacks and say nope, I'm out

__________________
https://letterboxd.com/sati/
https://twitter.com/lady_sati
Protect James Wan's Aquaman at all costs
harlequinade is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #970
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Depending on if this film does well and we get an Aquaman sequel then it begs the question of which villains we could get in the Aqua universe besides Manta and Orm

Tg11 is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #971
Vlyse
Side-Kick
 
Vlyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 628
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

I vote Starro for the sequel.

Vlyse is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #972
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,896
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Starro or King Shark or Fisherman

Tg11 is offline  
Old 04-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #973
unholyrevenger
DC is Doomed by its fans
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 175
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Starro should be a GLC villain and be a strait up Cronenberg Body Horror Movie

unholyrevenger is offline  
Old 04-20-2018, 02:58 AM   #974
Aurakles
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 243
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Starro is really more of a JL villain.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are setting Manta up to be the main villain of the sequel.

Aurakles is offline  
Old 04-20-2018, 03:40 AM   #975
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,231
Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

King shark would be so much fun and would set up the next suicide squad movie well. Although he’s more of a thug than a threat

__________________
Mutant and proud.
Silvermoth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.