The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #1001
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Stane & Whiplash didn't try to enslave humanity. I've said it before, some heavy jail time woulda been enough. But Loki can just put the whole planet in danger and still come out of that alive? That doesn't work for me. These are films, not comics. You can't drag things out the way you can in the books. It becomes repetitive on film. I'm not even looking forward to seeing Loki in THOR II. I was cool with the arc they gave him from Thor to The Avengers, but more? Not only does his survival make The Avengers look useless, but if he actually resurfaces in Thor's world to start more problems then he makes Thor look useless. There are so many other villains to use in both franchises so I don't see why they would choose to reduce the gravity of this film by not killing him off & actually opting to use him again in another Thor film. Overkill is the word that comes to mind here.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #1002
dony2012
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatte View Post
This is the MCU, not rebootland at WB and Fox. To have true continuity, you can't be killing off major characters in the universe just because they might not be used in your next movie.
But this is ridiculous. He can't just keep killing people and make chaos and havoc and then come back EVERY time. They should kill him and be done with it, or it could get tiring.

The GA won't like it. Hell, I don't like it.

This is more of a proof that Marvel had not yet realized that cinema and comics are not the same and shouldn't be the same.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread