The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #676
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24,674
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

I disagree with that entirely. That has not been proven at all

Blackman is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #677
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,233
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Honestly, 200M is too low a guess for WW gross. Even with Ant-Man not being a particularly salable character, they should be able to do better than that just off Avengers prestige alone. I'm thinking more like 300M WW as a conservative estimate, maybe even better than Cap 1 if they do really good marketing and avoid excess competition.

( IMO, Cap 1 did as low as it did largely because of Harry Potter 7.5; if it didn't have such a strong rival in theaters, I think it would have done Thor numbers )

metaphysician is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #678
darpavader
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Marvel had a great SDCC 2012, they didn't need Ant-Man to get buzz going. They showed footage of IM3, announced GOTG, Thor: The Dark World, and almost brought the house down with CAP: The Winter Soldier. Also RDJ had the fans going nuts with his entrance. My point being, Marvel didn't need to announce Ant-Man for any wow factor. They announced it because it is going to happen. If the leaked stories are true, Wright will be filming the after credit scene for IM3.


Last edited by darpavader; 07-26-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typo
darpavader is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #679
darpavader
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

I wonder how much of a budget Marvel will give Wright?

darpavader is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #680
Majik1387
Banned User
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 41,631
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Hopefully at least whatever the budget for Scott Pilgrim was.

I'm honestly not too big on a full movie based on the Scott Lang theft story, but for a second half of the movie, I think it might be fine. I don't think I've ever seen Wright do a bad movie, so I'm not too nervous.

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #681
BatsDC
Side-Kicker
 
BatsDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,712
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

If they genuinley make a great film that gets good reviews, and put the whole 'From Marvel Studios, The studio that brought you The Avengers' thing in the trailers, it's guarenteed to atleast do 250mil worldwide I would think. Throw in some great visuals and slick style you can expect from Wright and that should bump it up a bit. I'd guess 400mil being the most it could make though. I suppose it could also depend on who they cast in the main role.

BatsDC is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #682
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24,674
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

I'll be really surprised if this makes 400 mill

I think Wright will make a good movie tho

Blackman is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #683
BatsDC
Side-Kicker
 
BatsDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,712
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

That's why I said, 'at most',

I'd be surprised if it did also, but it'd be nice. Market it right and I suppose it could stand a slight chance.

BatsDC is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #684
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,143
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by darpavader View Post
Marvel had a great SDCC 2012, they didn't need Ant-Man to get buzz going. They showed footage of IM3, announced GOTG, Thor: The Dark World, and almost brought the house down with CAP: The Winter Soldier. Also RDJ had the fans going nuts with his entrance. My point being, Marvel didn't need to announce Ant-Man for any wow factor. They announced it because it is going to happen.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If the leaked stories are true, Wright will be filming the after credit scene for IM3.
Put things like this in spoiler tags. Some of us don't want to go into the Ant-Man forum to hear what happens in another movie. Even if it isn't confirmed, tag them.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #685
darpavader
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Spider-Fan. Two other posters posted the same thing I posted on page 17 of this very thread with no tags! I'm not sure why you called me out on it? I'm not even sure why you consider that a spoiler? As you said, it's an unconfirmed rumor. I went to the FAQ for the forum and I didn't see anything about this, so I'm wondering why you sent me both a public and private warning?

darpavader is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #686
BatsDC
Side-Kicker
 
BatsDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,712
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by darpavader View Post
Spider-Fan. Two other posters posted the same thing I posted on page 17 of this very thread with no tags! I'm not sure why you called me out on it? I'm not even sure why you consider that a spoiler? As you said, it's an unconfirmed rumor. I went to the FAQ for the forum and I didn't see anything about this, so I'm wondering why you sent me both a public and private warning?
I'd imagine it's because there are people who would like the see Iron Man 3 without knowing what the after credits scene is, so it's a surprise
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
if Ant-Man does show up.

BatsDC is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #687
darpavader
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
I'd imagine it's because there are people who would like the see Iron Man 3 without knowing what the after credits scene is, so it's a surprise
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
if Ant-Man does show up.
Ok, I guess. But a spoiler to me would be information that someone knew was 100% true, not just fan speculation or rumors.

darpavader is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #688
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,740
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

It's either going to be GOG or Ant Man that shows up.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #689
Incredible Hans
I'm always hungry!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 972
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Well, if they really insist that Scott Lang has to be Ant-Man, a good solution could also be:

Let Scott Lang steal Hank Pym's invention and become Ant-Man in the Ant-Man movie. Lang is and stays Ant-Man.

Pym, however, appears in Avengers 2 as Giant-Man or Goliath, explaing that he finally found way to use Pym particles for growing instead of shrinking.

That way, Pym would never have been Ant-Man during his movie universe life, but I could live with that.

Incredible Hans is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #690
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,044
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Well, if they really insist that Scott Lang has to be Ant-Man, a good solution could also be:

Let Scott Lang steal Hank Pym's invention and become Ant-Man in the Ant-Man movie. Lang is and stays Ant-Man.

Pym, however, appears in Avengers 2 as Giant-Man or Goliath, explaing that he finally found way to use Pym particles for growing instead of shrinking.

That way, Pym would never have been Ant-Man during his movie universe life, but I could live with that.
He was *originally* Ant-Man, back in the old days. (According to Cornish's script.)

But yeah, I agree: I'd be perfectly happy to have an Avengers 2 that features Pym as Giant-Man (even if he's an old guy), Scott Lang as a younger Ant-Man, and Janet, of course. It would be like the 1990s all over again.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #691
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 47,143
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

I just don't overtly care if Pym is old. I know people hate on this because of the Ultron thing, but he can still build Ultron and be old. He's still a scientific genius.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #692
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,044
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I just don't overtly care if Pym is old. I know people hate on this because of the Ultron thing, but he can still build Ultron and be old. He's still a scientific genius.
Yeah, if anything, it makes more sense for an older, wiser, more seasoned scientist to have the skills to create a beastie like Ultron than some young lab rat.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #693
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,729
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

I don't see why he has to have been Ant-Man in the 1960s. Why couldn't Pym have been Ant-Man even 10 years ago? Or even 5 years ago? Or, like in A:EMH, it was only recently that he hung up his secret identity.

When Edgar Wright began writing his script, the 1960s was still only a few years prior and relatively contemporary to him. He's been tinkering with it for so long and making all these other films in between as "the next movie before Ant-Man" that he can't still be using that old idea from his script from 50 years ago when he first started!

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 07-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #694
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't see why he has to have been Ant-Man in the 1960s. Why couldn't Pym have been Ant-Man even 10 years ago? Or even 5 years ago? Or, like in A:EMH, it was only recently that he hung up his secret identity.

When Edgar Wright began writing his script, the 1960s was still only a few years prior and relatively contemporary to him. He's been tinkering with it for so long and making all these other films in between as "the next movie before Ant-Man" that he can't still be using that old idea from his script from 50 years ago when he first started!
That is, unless he hasn't been tinkering with it all this time... I wouldn't put it past him.

I do hope that the 1960s idea stays where it is--in the past. Seriously, we haven't heard a thing about the script since 2006, which is really frustrating.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #695
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,505
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't see why he has to have been Ant-Man in the 1960s. Why couldn't Pym have been Ant-Man even 10 years ago? Or even 5 years ago? Or, like in A:EMH, it was only recently that he hung up his secret identity.

When Edgar Wright began writing his script, the 1960s was still only a few years prior and relatively contemporary to him. He's been tinkering with it for so long and making all these other films in between as "the next movie before Ant-Man" that he can't still be using that old idea from his script from 50 years ago when he first started!
Because Ant-Man was created during the 60s and Edgar Wright want to make Pym's stories set during the Tales to Astonish period

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #696
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,729
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
That is, unless he hasn't been tinkering with it all this time... I wouldn't put it past him.

I do hope that the 1960s idea stays where it is--in the past. Seriously, we haven't heard a thing about the script since 1966, which is really frustrating.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Because Ant-Man was created during the 60s and Edgar Wright want to make Pym's stories set during the Tales to Astonish period
Iron Man was also created in the 1960s, and Favreau wasn't so rigid as to make Stark's stories set during the Tales of Suspense period. In fact, most of these Marvel heroes were created in the 60s.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #697
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,505
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

I know, but it's not like all the movie is going to be set in the 60s, Scott's story is going to be in the present, and as a tribute to the Tales to Astonish era Hank Pym's adventures are going to have happened during the 60s, it's not rocket science.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #698
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 12,854
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Gosh I hate this fixation Edgar Wright has with the Scott Lang story.

__________________
AQUAMAN
**December 21, 2018**

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #699
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 44,729
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I know, but it's not like all the movie is going to be set in the 60s, Scott's story is going to be in the present, and as a tribute to the Tales to Astonish era Hank Pym's adventures are going to have happened during the 60s, it's not rocket science.
But that's the point you're missing. Who cares whether Scott Lang's adventures are in the present? No-one is disputing that or thinking the whole thing is going to be in the 60s. What people don't want are Pym's adventures in the 60s because that would make him very old now. It can still be a tribute to the Tales to Astonish era even if it sets Pym's adventures say 10 years ago, just as Iron Man's tribute to Tales of Suspense still happened in present day. It's not rocket science.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 07-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #700
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 12,854
Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Correct. It doesn't have to be the 60's it could be the 90's, the 80's even the late 70's.

__________________
AQUAMAN
**December 21, 2018**

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.