The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Infinity War

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #1001
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Got any inside info or are you just telling us your preference? I'd prefer we get at least an Easter egg referencing a successful show heading towards a hundred episodes with millions of viewers - way more than the number who have read the comic book source material
This season AOS averaged a little over 2 million viewers per episode. That puts it squarely in CW territory, if not lower. In contrast, AOU sold 56 million tickets in North America, The Avengers sold 76 million, CW sold 46 million. AOS's ever-diminishing viewership is nothing compared to the pop culture saturation attained by the MCU films.

Also, those comic book readers you refer to dismissively are the people who kept the source material in publication for decades, which allowed it to stay current until studios got around to adapting it. If not for people like me who bought Marvel Comics for decades, neither the films nor AOS would exist now.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #1002
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
This season AOS averaged a little over 2 million viewers per episode. That puts it squarely in CW territory, if not lower. In contrast, AOU sold 56 million tickets in North America, The Avengers sold 76 million, CW sold 46 million. AOS's ever-diminishing viewership is nothing compared to the pop culture saturation attained by the MCU films.
Agents of SHIELD is more widely available given it is broadcast on television. It wouldn't be hard for someone to catch up before seeing Infinity War.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread