The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man and The Wasp

Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #926
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Three months without a bump in the road and surely a few more additional photography days in the near future.
That seems to be the norm for Marvel. They're a well-oiled machine that others have tried to replicate but can't.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #927
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
That seems to be the norm for Marvel. They're a well-oiled machine that others have tried to replicate but can't.
Yes. The closest they got was the whole Ant-Man thing with Edgar Wright but that film turned out more than fine. Even the Norton/Ruffalo switcheroo was a good thing, Ruffalo is amazing in the role and he adds a lot when he's on screen.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #928
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Yes. The closest they got was the whole Ant-Man thing with Edgar Wright but that film turned out more than fine. Even the Norton/Ruffalo switcheroo was a good thing, Ruffalo is amazing in the role and he adds a lot when he's on screen.
And the next closest things were Thor: TDW's issues with Alan Taylor and then Terrence Howard being replaced with Don Cheadle.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #929
DyeLorean

After watching Ragnarok, Alan Taylor not coming back was probably a good move, but I still believe Terrence Howard could've been a good War Machine. I like Cheadle! But Howard would've made the character his own too.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #930
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
After watching Ragnarok, Alan Taylor not coming back was probably a good move, but I still believe Terrence Howard could've been a good War Machine. I like Cheadle! But Howard would've made the character his own too.
I was initially disappointed with Howard leaving but Cheadle has been a more than adequate Rhodey.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #931
DyeLorean

Anyway, not to get off track, Marvel Studios are usually picky with their directors so I'm happy that Peyton Reed is back. Sounds like they like how he works and they trusted him with Ant-Man again.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #932
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Anyway, not to get off track, Marvel Studios are usually picky with their directors so I'm happy that Peyton Reed is back. Sounds like they like how he works and they trusted him with Ant-Man again.
I get the same feeling. He's an actual fan of Ant-Man so he's emotionally invested, the same way that Feige is to the entirety of Marvel's properties. Plus, Reed, Rudd, and the rest of cast seem like good working partners.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #933
DyeLorean

Quote:
I get the same feeling. He's an actual fan of Ant-Man so he's emotionally invested, the same way that Feige is to the entirety of Marvel's properties. Plus, Reed, Rudd, and the rest of cast seem like good working partners.
Yes. I'm still surprised at how Michael Douglas embraced this type of role. He didn't seem like an actor that would play along in a big superhero film, but he always sounded pleased in his interviews. He even did that weird tv spot with Rudd where they sand "ants! ants" remember? That was weird as s*** and he went with it! And he is also back, which is a great sign.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:56 AM   #934
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

i wish Peyton would just release a Trailer like Ryan Coogler did with BP after they wrapped , but i know its way way way too early for that

Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #935
boocherhix
Jack Donaghy's Love Child

She looks great with the hair.

"I'm just glad that the DCU could finally be over. Bad timing could have been forgiven if they made great movies but they screwed the pooch on everything. I feel like how Ben Affleck looks in this movie."

~ Doctor Jones, November 20, 2017

Last edited by boocherhix; 11-21-2017 at 11:02 AM.
boocherhix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #936
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Loads of pictures of Pfeiffer and Douglas here!

Wonder why they have given her grey hair? Side effect of coming out of the realm?
I was hoping she would look younger, if anything. I wanted her to look like classic Janet Van Dyne. I was hoping she would be dark haired too.

On another note, the Ant-Man theme will probably become one of Marvel's most iconic since we're getting Christophe Beck back for the score. Unless Marvel tell him not to use the same theme again because no two consecutive Marvel movies can have the same theme, which would be crazy.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #937
Tg11
Side-Kick

I think she looks unrecognizable to fit in with her character who disappeared decades ago

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #938
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
I’m sure he would have. But I’m happy with Cheadle too.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #939
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman117 View Post
i wish Peyton would just release a Trailer like Ryan Coogler did with BP after they wrapped , but i know its way way way too early for that
Yes way too early. Not going to release a tease for this before IWs gets one. Also won't until BP is close to release. When they release the plot it can't spoil what happens in IWs.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #940
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
They want fans and people that don't mind working in a team.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #941
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Feige and Reed have known each other since the early 2000's when Reed was working on doing a sixties set Fantastic Four movie at Fox. Reed also met with Marvel about directing Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #942
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Feige and Reed have known each other since the early 2000's when Reed was working on doing a sixties set Fantastic Four movie at Fox. Reed also met with Marvel about directing Guardians Of The Galaxy.
Forgot about those. With how often their paths had crossed, I guess it was only a matter of time before they got work together. I think Feige is the perfect head of Marvel Studios because he's such a fan of the material but isn't an egomaniacal micromanager that needs everything his way.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #943
Dyson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Forgot about those. With how often their paths had crossed, I guess it was only a matter of time before they got work together. I think Feige is the perfect head of Marvel Studios because he's such a fan of the material but isn't an egomaniacal micromanager that needs everything his way.
Plus, Feige almost hired Reed to make Guardians of the Galaxy over James Gunn. Gunn's pitch was obviously the best but knowing Reed was the runner-up should show he not only loves Marvel and comic books in general but he must have some awesome ideas. The fact that Reed did such a great job on the first Ant-Man with little prep time tells me he is very passionate about the Ant-Man characters and the MCU as a whole.

I can't wait to see what he and company have come up with for Ant-Man and the Wasp.