The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Jessica Jones

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #401
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 33,396
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Press tour probably won't kick off until a month before the show debuts. Some Netflix shows don't really do much press until a few weeks before release.

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #402
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
New season hits in two months. Where's the press? Why isn't Melissa Rosenberg talking about what's happening with where Jessica is headed? Where's the talk about how Nuke fits into the plot? How is Killgrave alive again? Isn't the real villain rumored to be Karl Malus and if he is Nuke's boss, why isn't he in the trailer?

Beyond interviews with Rosenberg, where is the plot synopsis for the second season?
I agree. We've gotten so little. They better hurry soon or they will be overshadowed by all the press/promotion/attention toward say Black Panther.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #403
Random490
Side-Kick
 
Random490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,195
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Press tour probably won't kick off until a month before the show debuts. Some Netflix shows don't really do much press until a few weeks before release.
We usually get a final trailer when we're a month away.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #404
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,213
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

The big surprise for me was nothing at NYCC. I get that Punisher was the focus and then that got cancelled, but I expected something. The change in marketing might be legitimate for them (don't spoil too much), but it's also frustrating. Part of this is because I tend to make a reading list in preparation for the show. I was already frustrated with the secret release date for Punisher because I couldn't figure out how quickly I had to read. With Season One, I read most of Alias (I didn't finish it in time and had to finish after). With Season Two, I'll read some stuff with Patsy Walker, but I'm otherwise at a loss. I can read Typhoid Mary based on the rumor that she'll be in the show, but who knows if that's true? Why can't they give some hints as to the main cast, at least.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #405
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,031
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
The big surprise for me was nothing at NYCC. I get that Punisher was the focus and then that got cancelled, but I expected something. The change in marketing might be legitimate for them (don't spoil too much), but it's also frustrating. Part of this is because I tend to make a reading list in preparation for the show. I was already frustrated with the secret release date for Punisher because I couldn't figure out how quickly I had to read. With Season One, I read most of Alias (I didn't finish it in time and had to finish after). With Season Two, I'll read some stuff with Patsy Walker, but I'm otherwise at a loss. I can read Typhoid Mary based on the rumor that she'll be in the show, but who knows if that's true? Why can't they give some hints as to the main cast, at least.
Speaking of Typhoid, if Ingrid is Mary Walker, then she should have been Hispanic. This would be the third time Marvel whitewashed a villain. Guy Pierce as Mandarin was pathetic. Then we had Paul Schulze as William Rawlins despite the character being Arab-American.

Here's a pic of Lola Ponce in a leather jacket to remind you that there were better (and more accurate) choices for Typhoid. And she isn't even my first choice.

https://www.gettyimages.com/event/le...re-id104787531

__________________
Fire Scott Buck
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #406
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,213
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Is there some story I'm missing where Typhoid Mary is hispanic? I certainly didn't get that impression from JRJr's art.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #407
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Has the series helped the comic's sales or recognition at all?

I remember watching it early on when it dropped and was amazed that it was a superhero series. It was filmed in such a noir way that you couldn't tell outside of say Kilgrave's overacting scenes. Same as how Luke Cage felt very Wire-esque outside of say Diamondback's cartoony scenes.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #408
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,031
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Is there some story I'm missing where Typhoid Mary is hispanic? I certainly didn't get that impression from JRJr's art.
I absolutely got that impression from his art.

__________________
Fire Scott Buck
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #409
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,213
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

I happened to have just re-read her first appearance. The only way I could possibly think that is Max Scheele's colors in that she's not as pale as everyone else. But in the original pages, she's not that much darker and I think the intent was that she's burning a fever, hence why she's got a slightly more reddish tone.

But she looks pretty typical for Romita's characters (Mary that is, although Typhoid fits his punk rock aesthetics) and her last name is Walker.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:43 AM   #410
Kuwolski
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 217
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

I never got the impression she was Hispanic.

Although I wouldn't have a problem if they cast one in the role. I'd just rather she be used in Daredevil, but understand why they'd move her here.

Kuwolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #411
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,133
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Also, they "white washed" the Mandarin, because the Mandarin's original visual conception is hilariously racist, to the point of toxicity. Even if the Chinese government would have approved a movie with a Chinese villain ( and they wouldn't have ), it would have been a *reaaally* good idea to not use the Mandarin as such.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #412
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!
 
InCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: In Cali
Posts: 8,133
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Also, they "white washed" the Mandarin, because the Mandarin's original visual conception is hilariously racist, to the point of toxicity. Even if the Chinese government would have approved a movie with a Chinese villain ( and they wouldn't have ), it would have been a *reaaally* good idea to not use the Mandarin as such.
The concept of a government "approving" a movie is foreign (pun intended) to me.

__________________
Home Theater: Acer H9500BD 3D Projector; Elite 120" 16:9 Screen; Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray player; Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Surround System

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #413
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Hopefully season 2 gets more publicity than the first season. To me, it seemed to somehow sailed under the radar until the critical response was universal.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.