The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old 01-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #901
unholyrevenger

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Guys this whole recasting is just a testing of the waters when they start replacing everyone except Gal for the movies :P

unholyrevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #902
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Clearly it worked for Maggie Geha, didn't it?

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
DC Fans: "We need warriors.."

*SkullDevil raises his hand and fights for truth, justice and the PM way.*
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #903
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

I mean, both that link and on the Hashtag Show both look like a character description, not necessarily a recast. Plus, I'd find it odd, but not impossible, that Gotham would bring back Charlie Tahan when he becomes the Scarecrow only to replace him.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #904
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Oh, look, ANOTHER returning character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
I mean, both that link and on the Hashtag Show both look like a character description, not necessarily a recast. Plus, I'd find it odd, but not impossible, that Gotham would bring back Charlie Tahan when he becomes the Scarecrow only to replace him.
I doubt they'd bring out a character and age description if they weren't looking to recast. Plus, I think Tahan is already busy on a show or two.

It's also not like the show hasn't made baffling recasting decisions before (i.e. Ivy).

Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 01-11-2018 at 12:29 PM.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #905
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Glad to know Jervis is coming back. And possibly sharing screentime with Jerome.

Got a feeling the second half of the season we'll see a lot villains teaming up and running amok. Should be glorious to behold.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:

Old 01-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #906
Guts
My love for you

When we last saw Jervis he had his throat cut open and was left in a warehouse. I don't think any of the characters have referenced him in season 4 so I assumed that he was dead. Cool to see that he is back.

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #907
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
When we last saw Jervis he had his throat cut open and was left in a warehouse. I don't think any of the characters have referenced him in season 4 so I assumed that he was dead. Cool to see that he is back.
I thought they mentioned in the season three finale that they got him stabilized and was alive.

GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #908
Iceman
Infinity War!

I’m really enjoying this show and gonna bingewatch the rest from where I got to in season 2 slowly while watching other things. How do the other seasons compare to the first season?

Old 01-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #909
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

It gets much better on from season 1 (though there are still some noticeable flaws), which was a mixed bag for me.

Quote:

Old 01-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #910
DR14
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I’m really enjoying this show and gonna bingewatch the rest from where I got to in season 2 slowly while watching other things. How do the other seasons compare to the first season?
Season 1 is way underrated and Season 2 is better and the best of the four seasons IMO.

Parts of the last two are good but it's a mixed bag. For now I'm not watching but hope I hear good things about the back half of S4.

DR14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #911
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post
It gets much better on from season 1 (though there are still some noticeable flaws), which was a mixed bag for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR14 View Post
Season 1 is way underrated and Season 2 is better and the best of the four seasons IMO.

Parts of the last two are good but it's a mixed bag. For now I'm not watching but hope I hear good things about the back half of S4.
Oh right, thanks very much for that guys.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #912
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 01-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #913
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Well Cameron just dropped this hint on Twitter for what's coming in the second half:
https://twitter.com/cameronmonaghan/...6%7Ctwterm%5E0
Quote:
It’s not Halloween. So why am I posting this?

#subtle

With a follow up tweet from Drew:https://twitter.com/thedrewpowell/st...6%7Ctwterm%5E0

This is really playing into the Long Halloween/Year One themes the producers were hyping for the season.

So what do you guys think? Super villain alliance vs Sofia?

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is

Last edited by ironman29758; 01-17-2018 at 07:30 AM.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #914
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Oh heck yeah!

Quote:

Old 01-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #915
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post
Oh heck yeah!
I know right! I am excited to see how they adapt both Year One (in Bruce vs Jim Gordon) and the Long Halloween aspects as well. I wonder if they would adapt this particular scene as well.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 01-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #916
Iceman
Infinity War!

Would be crazy if they do this!!

Old 01-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #917
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Would be crazy if they do this!!

I know, the twitter comments are even better. Someone responded that Joker and Penguin team-up and then Cameron posted a gif "You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling". (https://twitter.com/adrianf42/status/953456284086480896)

Make me think: the image has Joker, Penguin, Grundy, Hatter, Ivy and Catwoman and all of them are on Gotham.

And Camren Bicondova was posting about how excited she was for Gotham's second half. So I wonder if Selina would still be working with the Sirens, or if she is going to switch over to work with Penguin's group. Not to mention what is Sophia going to do next?

Another thought, I know Ben McKenzie said this quote :
Quote:
"Eventually this season, we are going to do our version of Year One, with Gordon as detective on the trail of Batman," McKenzie said. "So we will eventually get into that in season four – the beginning is more Long Halloween, our version of that, and the end is more Year One."
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/gotham/...ween-year-one/ . But I am wondering how far in the 2nd half are they going to have Jim Gordon meet Bruce's vigilante counterpart.

Plus there are 2 new Jerome pictures!:

He really is the BEST (not) live action Joker since Heath Ledger imo. Jerome may not officially be the Joker, but he is to me.

Last edited by ironman29758; 01-17-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #918
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
I know, the twitter comments are even better. Someone responded that Joker and Penguin team-up and then Cameron posted a gif "You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling". (https://twitter.com/adrianf42/status/953456284086480896)

Make me think: the image has Joker, Penguin, Grundy, Hatter, Ivy and Catwoman and all of them are on Gotham.

And Camren Bicondova was posting about how excited she was for Gotham's second half. So I wonder if Selina would still be working with the Sirens, or if she is going to switch over to work with Penguin's group. Not to mention what is Sophia going to do next?

Another thought, I know Ben McKenzie said this quote : http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/gotham/...ween-year-one/ . But I am wondering how far in the 2nd half are they going to have Jim Gordon meet Bruce's vigilante counterpart.
That is an awesome twitter exchange!

Can't really believe the possibilities. The villain teamups and interactions are one of my favourite things about the show.

Old 01-18-2018, 06:28 PM   #919
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is an awesome twitter exchange!

Can't really believe the possibilities. The villain teamups and interactions are one of my favourite things about the show.
I agree. It is definitely one of the strongest points of the show

2 more interviews came out.

Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle), Jessica Lucas (Tabitha Galavan) and Erin Richards (Barbara Kean) sat down with a group of reporters to talk about the event, feminism and some hints at what’s to come:http://thebatmanuniverse.net/gotham-159/
J.W. Cortes talking about his time outside of Gotham, PTSD, and playing Alvarez on “Gotham”.: http://thebatmanuniverse.net/gotham-158/

and a lot of pictures came out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeGdMIZHVJT/, https://www.instagram.com/p/BeGQfjPjbY_/, https://www.instagram.com/p/BeEPA36l...annyjohncannon

Old 01-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #920
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Jerome in a green suit.

Quote:

Old 01-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #921
Iceman
Infinity War!

Thanks for those! All exciting stuff. Catwoman looks much older in that pic. Is Gotham still doing a break in the middle of seasons that I was reading about? We’re halfway through season 4 now?

Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM   #922
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks for those! All exciting stuff. Catwoman looks much older in that pic. Is Gotham still doing a break in the middle of seasons that I was reading about? We’re halfway through season 4 now?
Yeah, they are still on break, until (from apparently David Mazou's mouth) March 1st.

I agree. With all the new info slowly coming out, it really has me heavily anticipating for when the season comes back especially with all. I especially excited to see how they handle the super villains vs Sofia Falcone and the mob. Not to mention Bruce getting back on the right track.

Question: Do you think we will see the proto batcave again? I kind of hope so. I would love to see Bruce fleshing out the Batcave and utilizing it for his own purposes instead of just using the study of his mansion.

Plus even more interviews : [Spoilers] Chris Chalk talks Lucius's future on Gotham among other things: http://thebatmanuniverse.net/gotham-160/
Quote:
“I mean, it could work. I may be a little smarter than Alfred,” Chris said with a smile. “I think we will see at the beginning of this spring release there will be still a little bit of Lucius in the GCPD and then we transition more into aiding young Bruce Wayne,” Chris said. He paused at that last thought and said “Or teenage Bruce Wayne. He’s almost taller than me and that’s a problem. It’s super weird. Because when I came in he was like here (uses his hand to demonstrate David’s height). He was a kid! And someone had me sign a thing recently and I went ‘oh my gosh, he’s almost as tall as me.’ And I’m not going to grow anymore and he’s still got growing to do,” Chris said.
Plus a new image:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeGdMIZHVJT/

Cameron really looks interesting in the suit, but the new hairstyle could take some getting used to.

Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #923
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Man, all the info and teases of a team up of villains against Sofia! The show can't return soon enough!!!

Also loving the images of Jerome!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:40 AM   #924
Iceman
Infinity War!

I really hope this can go on for a long while.