The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM   #776
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Aguero hat-trick does the job for City against the Toon.

Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #777
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
He agreed to join spurs but scholar sold the club to sugar and the deal fell through.
Oh I don't think I knew about that. What sort of age was Le Tiss at the time, if you remember?

Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #778
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
The main change I'll be looking out for is how Jose sets up against the top 6. After seeing Liverpool step up to City and just attack I'm hoping the addition of more attacking quality means Jose will play against the likes of Chelsea/Arsenal/City etc less fearfully. How we played against Liverpool and City was disgraceful if we're supposed to be legitimate title contenders.
I really hope so. Having an additional world class talent like that in the team would leave no more excuses for negative play. Could be good for football if this pushes Jose into going for the win in those games from the off.

Quote:
Should be in exactly 12 days. I'm pretty sure all the fine print for Mkhitaryan/Sanchez on wages and all that jazz is going to take a while to iron out.
I imagine Wenger likes to take a nice 12 hour unscheduled nap on deadline day, followed by a leisurely evening stroll and then fixes himself up with a Michelin starred kipper meal while everyone is panicking around him. He then only starts getting seriously involved in the transfer with 10 minutes to go and then blames everyone else for ****ing it all up. Loses Sanchez for zero in the summer and then makes a £450m bid for Thomas Lemar!

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #779
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Question about the Sancez/Mkhitaryan swap, what if only one party agrees to move?

Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #780
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Interesting bit of dealing....

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #781
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Question about the Sancez/Mkhitaryan swap, what if only one party agrees to move?
It's likely completely contingent on the other side agreeing as there's no fee otherwise. It would be a surprise going this far with one side of it if the other wasn't very likely though.

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #782
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Burnley are a tough nut to crack and it didn't help that we lacked cohesion and to some extent Mourinho was to blame. He put Young in for Shaw which meant we had no overlap with Martial as both of them cut in most of the time and Young even cuts in to cross, we lost the Shaw/Pogba/Martial link that has been working well down the left side.

I'll credit Jose for trying to stick with the 4-3-3 but why is he attempting to make Lingard into a #8? He was doing well closer to the goal so why not put him where Mata was and play Herrera, who is an actual #8, into the #8 role and you still have the same result of freeing up Pogba?

Martial proved his worth again with a fantastic first touch and clever finish to win us the 3 points after some good work from Lukaku, and we should have finished them off but Pogba and then twice Rashford made bad choices in the final 3rd that stopped us finishing off good counters. In the end a hard fought and vital 3 points as Chelsea won today and I expect Spurs and Liverpool to win their games comfortably.

The ABU media during the Sanchez saga has been nothing short of a disgrace, I know Pep is the saviour of football and Jose is the devil, but the idea that anyone has ever gone to City for any reason other than money is a joke, and to try and paint a club that wouldn't even be relevant without obscene amounts of cash poured in by a sugar daddy, as the bastian of morals in football, is hilariously disingenuous.

I'm not going to claim to know Sanchez mind but you'd think he had chosen to go to the Ukraine or something, not the biggest club in England with the biggest world wide exposure who won a couple of trophies last season and is constantly showing the ambiiton to move the squad forward, and plays in font of 75,000 every home game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Will the Toon ever see times like that again? Awesome memories.
I think they can if the new owners show ambition and maybe follow Spurs model of smart recruitment, you have the stadium and fanbase for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Walcott's press coverage concerning his move to Everton....

He mentions how his time under Big Sam whilst they shared time at an England level, was one of the reasons to persuade him to move. Well, that 5 minutes of Big Sam's time must have been very valuable....
That's what all the girls say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post

Great bit of business for United, I was sure we'd end up having to throw them some extra beans.

Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #783
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I think they can if the new owners show ambition and maybe follow Spurs model of smart recruitment, you have the stadium and fanbase for it.
If the takeover happens then yes. Still a big IF.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #784
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
If the takeover happens then yes. Still a big IF.
Is Ashley still holding out for £350M?

Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #785
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Is Ashley still holding out for £350M?
He seemed to have considered the deal off until Stavely recently said the deal is still on the table and she is still serious. Who knows.

Old Today, 06:40 AM   #786
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh I don't think I knew about that. What sort of age was Le Tiss at the time, if you remember?
IT was in 1990. So he'd have been 22.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:45 AM   #787
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really hope so. Having an additional world class talent like that in the team would leave no more excuses for negative play. Could be good for football if this pushes Jose into going for the win in those games from the off.
If this doesn't nothing will, IMO. Sanchez is a dependable creative player, if adding him doesn't introduce a little more free reign and attacking flow I don't think anything will.

Quote:
I imagine Wenger likes to take a nice 12 hour unscheduled nap on deadline day, followed by a leisurely evening stroll and then fixes himself up with a Michelin starred kipper meal while everyone is panicking around him. He then only starts getting seriously involved in the transfer with 10 minutes to go and then blames everyone else for ****ing it all up. Loses Sanchez for zero in the summer and then makes a £450m bid for Thomas Lemar!
He definitely doesn't seem bothered at all about reinforcing his squad until all the twitter comments and social media planks are busy having meltdowns - then he cottons on and probably thinks to himself "Okay…who's available…4 hours left? Let's try a bid…"

Sanchez in a straight swap for Mkhitaryan now seems atrocious business on their part, considering they might have been able to get in the region of £60-£90m for him in the summer potentially. Since United only paid about £35m for Mkhitaryan United effectively got Sanchez for £35m considering the swap, so definitely a bonus for us more than them I think.

DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote