The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #426
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
It's certainly not rape or assault but I do think that the conversation around his actions is a fairly important one. No one with their head on straight is lumping him in with Weinstein and Spacey (at least I hope not), but you don't have to be on that extreme level to treat another human being inappropriately.
exactly

he's not a monster, just an a-hole

and sadly, many men are just like him

- Joe Kuharich
TheCommissioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM   #427
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
It's certainly not rape or assault but I do think that the conversation around his actions is a fairly important one. No one with their head on straight is lumping him in with Weinstein and Spacey (at least I hope not), but you don't have to be on that extreme level to treat another human being inappropriately.
Ansari in that situation seems to have given plenty non verbal cues that he really much wanted only to get laid, it goes both ways.
Just wanting sex from someone is not wrong per se, empty maybe, but nobody is entitled to romantic consideration either.
Was Ansari pathetically numb to how that woman was feeling? Yeah.
But she is not a child, she should be autonomous enough to leave or discern the situation.
We should stop infantilizing women, it's a disservice to victims and the small steps forward of the last months.

Babe Turns a Movement Into a Racket
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...racket/551036/

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #428
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Bill Maher nailed it in the last 5 minutes of his show earlier.
I happened to agree with most of what he said...doubtless I'll be labeled as a POS for it, but Maher spoke a lot of sense to me.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #429
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

I'm amazed it has come to the point this has to be even debated.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #430
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post

I'm amazed it has come to the point this has to be even debated.

Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #431
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Bill Maher nailed it in the last 5 minutes of his show earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
I happened to agree with most of what he said...doubtless I'll be labeled as a POS for it, but Maher spoke a lot of sense to me.
Fear not.

There are more like us out there not looking at everything as black and white.

Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #432
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick

Aly Raismans impact statement - 15 min

- Joe Kuharich
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #433
Blackman
C'mon Son

Timothée Chalamet Says Contract Blocked Him From Criticizing Woody Allen, Supporting Dylan Farrow. It Didn’t.

tsk tsk homie...

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #434
kevork89
Side-Kick

I think the negativity is aimed at the wrong places when it comes to actors working with Woody. People are going after them for continuing to work with Woody but shouldn’t you go after the movie studios, producers who keep giving him the opportunities to work and make these movies?

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #435
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick

go after everyone

studios and stars working with him are both his enablers

BURN IT ALL DOWN

- Joe Kuharich
Old Today, 12:14 AM   #436
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
go after everyone

BURN IT ALL DOWN
Just send WWE Wrestler Braun Strowman after him:

Old Today, 06:02 AM   #437
kevork89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
go after everyone

BURN IT ALL DOWN
I can understand going after the seasoned pros for working with him, they’re good enough in their careers they don’t need to work with him, but I think it can be a bit unfair going after a young guy who’s career is just starting out. Sad reality is if you get offered a role in a Woody Allen movie do you not take it?

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #438
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevork89 View Post
I can understand going after the seasoned pros for working with him, they’re good enough in their careers they don’t need to work with him, but I think it can be a bit unfair going after a young guy who’s career is just starting out. Sad reality is if you get offered a role in a Woody Allen movie do you not take it?
No you don't take it. If you're behind this sentiment of Times Up and Me Too and believing women.

If you wanna say: "Well nothings been proven with Allen" then ok do your thing

Old Today, 06:44 AM   #439
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
No you don't take it. If you're behind this sentiment of Times Up and Me Too and believing women.

If you wanna say: "Well nothings been proven with Allen" then ok do your thing
It's wonderful to have the economic freedom to pick and choose job opportunities based on your employer's morality. Unfortunately, most of us are not so lucky. While I would prefer not to be supervised by a presumed child molester, my family's well being will always take preference over my personal distaste.

Its ok to ask power players to stand up against Allen, but unfair to do the same for those living paycheck to paycheck.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:47 AM   #440
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

inb4 the token "Everyone in the entertainment industry is filthy rich and should prioritize moral decisions over their financial wellbeing" comment.

DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #441
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
It's wonderful to have the economic freedom to pick and choose job opportunities based on your employer's morality. Unfortunately, most of us are not so lucky. While I would prefer not to be supervised by a presumed child molester, my family's well being will always take preference over my personal distaste.

Its ok to ask power players to stand up against Allen, but unfair to do the same for those living paycheck to paycheck.
Very true. But a lot of the people working for Allen at least the actors have a wide breadth of offers to choose from. A lot of these are people who appear in multiple movies a year. Indies or not

Greta Gerwig, Timothée Chalamet, Colin Firth, Scarlett Johannson, Emma Stone, and to another example James McAvoy, Olivia Munn, Michael Fassbender aren't exactly hurting for roles.

If is one of these people that is "I believe women" or be this huge feminist and still goes and works with Allen who has been accused (I think multiple times) of sexual misconduct, then that's silly. Money issues or not. But I would still get that because you gotta eat. Besides we all turn a blind eye to things to get what we want (slave labor, sexism, racism, etc.)
But then don't come out and say: "Oh I regret it," now that people are turning on Allen.
Stand on your own 2 and be real "I love his movies" "I needed the role." Don't try and be trendy and go back on your actions. That's just dumb.