The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 09-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #651
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Cool story, breh

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #652
Lobo
skip skip skip

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Are new 52 Superboy comics any good?

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #653
HighFivingMF
Welp.

The Ted from Forever Evil is the main universe.

The Multiversity one is from the Charleston Universe.

The JL3000 one is pre-New 52, pre-Infinite Crisis.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #654
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Are new 52 Superboy comics any good?
It's all a matter of opinion. I'm a big fan of the reboot so far, but there are those that still prefer the older continuities. I guess it depends on who your favorite characters are. Some have had bigger changes than others.

EDIT: I should have thrown this in - I really enjoyed the first couple of issues. The Future End was pretty interesting too. I think of it as a bit more of a mature take that what it previously was, similar to the Young Justice tv show.

Last edited by DChero; 09-26-2014 at 12:37 PM.
DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #655
Panthro
Catman Begins

Does Cal Ellis/President Superman have his own version of Lois Lane?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #656
Tron Bonne

I don't think one has been shown, but I think it's probably fair to make the assumption that he does. He seems to have everything else 1:1 that the original Superman has.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #657
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Is Damian still dead?

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #658
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
Is Damian still dead?
The story about his possible resurrection isn't over yet. So yeah. Still dead but that answer could change in a few weeks.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #659
thejestergod6
One Hungry Ronin

What is going on with Azrael in the New 52?

Old 09-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #660
WompuM
Esquire

Hmm. I don't know if he's shown up in the New 52. Last thing I can remember was that series that took place after Batman quit using the Suit of Sorrows. That was the old continuity though.

By the way, where there 5 other Jester Gods before you? And if so, are you really The Jester God? I don't think so.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #661
Tron Bonne

He was in the last issues of Batman, Inc., I believe, but only briefly. Of course, that one is an odd one with canon.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #662
thejestergod6
One Hungry Ronin

Awesome thanks guys. Hahaha and WompuM I'm the one and only Jestergod buddy. I just use 6 after because it helps me keep track of the accounts i have everywhere else on the interwebs. Btw I love your Avvy.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #663
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
The story about his possible resurrection isn't over yet. So yeah. Still dead but that answer could change in a few weeks.
He, thanks, I knew D.C. coudn't keep a Robin dead for long anymore.

Last edited by Enriquespy; 09-26-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #664
Tron Bonne

Well, they did keep Jason Todd dead for about 20 years.

EDIT: Ah, you edited "anymore" right as I posted I think. Well played.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #665
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

I said "anymore"!

Old 09-27-2014, 04:06 AM   #666
alisa.li
New User - Level 0

What I want to say is that , you can find some grest fashion element to enrich your wonderful life. Have you ever worn a wig, you may try all kinds of wigs

alisa.li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #667
Stallion9979
The Icon

This may have been asked Idk...but where in Nu52 history does Flashpoint even take place and what would precipitate it as far as Nu52 history is concerned?

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #668
Tron Bonne

If I understand it correctly, Flashpoint is much like the original Infinite Crisis on Infinite Earths in that is the beginning of the New 52 universe both literally and figuratively. It's just not something that is remembered by most of the characters. I think FP is totally unknown by most of the characters outside a few exceptions, whereas it was said with ICOE that character remembered an event that happened, even if they don't recall the full implications.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #669
Stallion9979
The Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
If I understand it correctly, Flashpoint is much like the original Infinite Crisis on Infinite Earths in that is the beginning of the New 52 universe both literally and figuratively. It's just not something that is remembered by most of the characters. I think FP is totally unknown by most of the characters outside a few exceptions, whereas it was said with ICOE that character remembered an event that happened, even if they don't recall the full implications.
Kinda murky though considering it ends with Barry giving Bruce the note from his father...Since DC decided to reboot their entire continuity, and we saw the formation of the league...it would have to be at some point after that since he's in the cave...so I'm wondering where it fits in timeline wise because there would have to be some event leading into it for Barry now...Pandora was also a character wandering around for some time during the beginning of the Nu52...Kinda seems like a paradox...

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #670
Tron Bonne

It is, but that's part of it, like I said. It happened, but it's something that doesn't have a defined state. An event happened, but it's not clear to character exactly what happened. I don't know if it has been addressed, or will be, but it's just something you can't put a huge amount of thought into.

Quote: