The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 09-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #626
ask21771
Banned User

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

What do they mean when they keep saying "known multiverse"

ask21771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #627
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Is Steel around in the new 52?

He was in Morrison's Action Comics run. Don't know what he's been up to since then.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #628
KevanG
Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771 View Post
What do they mean when they keep saying "known multiverse"
Look for answers in that thread you made. Around post 4 or so.

Like you've been told over the past few days.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #629
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I'm kind of on a New 52 kick right now. I never cared to get into it before because I was so taken in by the modern age. However, something just occurred to me that I must be missing something about. Did Superman and Batman meet for the first time twice (New 52)?

I just read JL V1 and it comes off as their first contact. I'm looking up a summary Batman/Superman and it seems like that's also a "first contact" story. What the deuce?

Old 09-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #630
Anubis
Sup?

DC Editors suck.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #631
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I'm kind of on a New 52 kick right now. I never cared to get into it before because I was so taken in by the modern age. However, something just occurred to me that I must be missing something about. Did Superman and Batman meet for the first time twice (New 52)?

I just read JL V1 and it comes off as their first contact. I'm looking up a summary Batman/Superman and it seems like that's also a "first contact" story. What the deuce?
Yeah, there was some confusion about that when Batman/Superman first started. Not 100% if it was addressed in story or not, like if there was a mindwipe or something. The first meeting in JL sucked (like that entire arc), so I wasn't bothered that they felt the need to rewrite that.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #632
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Yeah, there was some confusion about that when Batman/Superman first started. Not 100% if it was addressed in story or not, like if there was a mindwipe or something. The first meeting in JL sucked (like that entire arc), so I wasn't bothered that they felt the need to rewrite that.
Ah, ok. It isn't just me! Haha!

I actually liked the meeting in Justice League in how it was written. I don't think that translated as well into the WAR dvd though. Maybe it's just the delivery of Superman's lines, but he comes off as more of a jerk than he does when I read it.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #633
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

What happened to Vibe? He was on the JLA team and had solo series. Haven't seen him since Forever Evil storyline and I don't recall seeing Vibe comics.

Also, where the hell is Blue Beetle?

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #634
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Could someone explain what futures end is about ? If it the aftermath of a new crisis or something completely different ?

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #635
Tron Bonne
NEW CHALLENGER

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Prime Earth is feeling the after effects of a war across the multiverse. As a new threat approaches the vulnerable Earth, Batman Beyond travels back in time to help the heroes of Prime Earth fend off the impending apocalypse

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #636
Panthro
Catman Begins

Are there any good trades for focusing on the Shining Knight?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #637
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
What happened to Vibe? He was on the JLA team and had solo series. Haven't seen him since Forever Evil storyline and I don't recall seeing Vibe comics.
Vibe and Element Woman went missing after Forever Evil. Hawkman did too, but he just had enough of Earth and turned up in Justice League United. Element Woman just returned in Justice League. Vibe is the only one that hasn't shown back up yet, but apparently Johns is saving him for something.

Quote:
Also, where the hell is Blue Beetle?
Which one? Ted as Beetle is going to show up in Justice League 3000.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #638
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
They get their minds wiped at the end of the first Batman/Superman arc.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #639
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Is Steel around in the new 52?
Appeared in Morrison's Action Comics, Rotworld, a few other stories here and there, and he has a big part in Superman: Doomed.

Old Today, 07:49 AM   #640
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
They get their minds wiped at the end of the first Batman/Superman arc.
Ah, okay. Thanks!

Old Today, 07:03 PM   #641
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Vibe and Element Woman went missing after Forever Evil. Hawkman did too, but he just had enough of Earth and turned up in Justice League United. Element Woman just returned in Justice League. Vibe is the only one that hasn't shown back up yet, but apparently Johns is saving him for something.

Which one? Ted as Beetle is going to show up in Justice League 3000.
Nice to hear Ted will be appearing in JL 3000.

Just read that Jaime Reyes (wondering where he went after the series got canned) will be appearing in Teen Titans.

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:20 PM   #642
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Wait, they brought Element Woman back to life?

Oh my God. That is the worst creative decision anyone at DC has ever made.