The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Amy Adams As Lois Lane
Great Casting, I Love It 58 85.29%
Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #751
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

The Gordon comparison though is a bad one because ultimately Gordon signature is his mustache, not so much his hair color. Ultimately I'm fine with this, Lois' dark hair is not something that's been with the character in every one of her incarnations. This hair color is comic accurate, just only to certain eras.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #752
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Yeah Erica's Lois was more of a dumb drunkard you'd step over in an alley...I'm ready for a change myself.

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #753
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,671
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Zack is really going classic with the design of the characters ('cept for Pez). I can't wait to see Jimbo.
It seems to me he's definitely going for a more "retro" Superman.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #754
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick
 
DIRECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere?
Posts: 8,203
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

I think people need to realize is these set photos of Amy Adams as Lois Lane are creating a buzz here not because of hair color. Let's be honest, it's the overall look.

She right now, doesn't not look like the vision of Lois that i have in my mind.

For me, the hair is fine. It is brown hair, not blond. It's blonde because of the sun, but if you take Zack artistic look in his movies, it will get darker.

My gripe is the outfit. That is just not the Lois outfit. Lois doesn't wear jeans, period, even her top is just wrong. She looks like a regular Smallville townie? Is she undercover for that particular scene?

RIGHT NOW, SHE LOOKS LIKE THE PERFECT LANA. Let's be honest people.

If you didn't know that Amy Adams will be portraying Lois Lane, and you see this image, you will instantly think Lana Lang, don't lie. Denial is not a great trait.

Because right now, it's not a good thing where we are seeing both Lana and Lois in that image when they are suppose to look different.

Oh, and don't give me that "she is a good actress" bit, of course she is a good actress and she probably will be the best Lois Lane ever, but that is what i'm talking about. I'm talking about the overall look.

So, can people stop talking about how great of an actress she is, that is a moot point since it's a given fact. Being the best actor doesn't do much visually when you don't look the part.

DIRECTOR is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #755
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
It seems to me he's definitely going for a more "retro" Superman.
And I don't see anything wrong with a retro look to things...I kinda like it. People talk, "keep it classic"...well he's going WAAAAY classic on ya! You asked for it...you got it.

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #756
NADALWON
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 150
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Kate Bosworth is my favorite Lois of all-time. She was hot in Superman Returns. I even liked her hair/wig.

I'm curious as to how much input Christopher Nolan had in the casting of Amy Adams. Nolan's obvious weakness as we've seen in the Batman films is his inability to cast an appropriate female lead. Katie Holmes was hot but too young. And Maggie was not hot, and an even bigger mistake made with that casting was the audience didn't really care when the Rachel character died, because Maggie was new. If Katie Holmes was still Rachel when she died then the audience would have felt more.

NADALWON is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #757
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
I think people need to realize is these set photos of Amy Adams as Lois Lane are creating a buzz here not because of hair color. Let's be honest, it's the overall look.

She right now, doesn't not look like the vision of Lois that i have in my mind.

For me, the hair is fine. It is brown hair, not blond. It's blonde because of the sun, but if you take Zack artistic look in his movies, it will get darker.

My gripe is the outfit. That is just not the Lois outfit. Lois doesn't wear jeans, period, even her top is just wrong. She looks like a regular Smallville townie? Is she undercover for that particular scene?

RIGHT NOW, SHE LOOKS LIKE THE PERFECT LANA. Let's be honest people.

If you didn't know that Amy Adams will be portraying Lois Lane, and you see this image, you will instantly think Lana Lang, don't lie. Denial is not a great trait.

Because right now, it's not a good thing where we are seeing both Lana and Lois in that image when they are suppose to look different.

Oh, and don't give me that "she is a good actress" bit, of course she is a good actress and she probably will be the best Lois Lane ever, but that is what i'm talking about. I'm talking about the overall look.

So, can people stop talking about how great of an actress she is, that is a moot point since it's a given fact. Being the best actor doesn't do much visually when you don't look the part.
guess what...she does NOW!!

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #758
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 18,548
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Kate Bosworth is my favorite Lois of all-time.
Off to a bad start.

__________________
The GOP is a radical insurgency; it's not a political party -- Noam Chomsky.
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #759
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADALWON View Post
Kate Bosworth is my favorite Lois of all-time. She was hot in Superman Returns. I even liked her hair/wig.

I'm curious as to how much input Christopher Nolan had in the casting of Amy Adams. Nolan's obvious weakness as we've seen in the Batman films is his inability to cast an appropriate female lead. Katie Holmes was hot but too young. And Maggie was not hot, and an even bigger mistake made with that casting was the audience didn't really care when the Rachel character died, because Maggie was new. If Katie Holmes was still Rachel when she died then the audience would have felt more.
Not me...I don't give two dog turds about Katie Holmes...I was glad to see her gone. Nor did I care for Rachel Dawes...so oh well

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #760
batman44
Go Speed GO
 
batman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: right here
Posts: 6,383
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
I think people need to realize is these set photos of Amy Adams as Lois Lane are creating a buzz here not because of hair color. Let's be honest, it's the overall look.

She right now, doesn't not look like the vision of Lois that i have in my mind.

For me, the hair is fine. It is brown hair, not blond. It's blonde because of the sun, but if you take Zack artistic look in his movies, it will get darker.

My gripe is the outfit. That is just not the Lois outfit. Lois doesn't wear jeans, period, even her top is just wrong. She looks like a regular Smallville townie? Is she undercover for that particular scene?

RIGHT NOW, SHE LOOKS LIKE THE PERFECT LANA. Let's be honest people.

If you didn't know that Amy Adams will be portraying Lois Lane, and you see this image, you will instantly think Lana Lang, don't lie. Denial is not a great trait.

Because right now, it's not a good thing where we are seeing both Lana and Lois in that image when they are suppose to look different.

Oh, and don't give me that "she is a good actress" bit, of course she is a good actress and she probably will be the best Lois Lane ever, but that is what i'm talking about. I'm talking about the overall look.

So, can people stop talking about how great of an actress she is, that is a moot point since it's a given fact. Being the best actor doesn't do much visually when you don't look the part.
I think the outfit is very much Lois Lane, she looks much more like a city girl than a small town girl. Also I've seen Lois Lane wear pants plenty of times.

I'm not in denial of anything believing that Adams looks like Lois Lane.

__________________
<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Last edited by batman44; 08-16-2011 at 02:18 PM.
batman44 is online now  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #761
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
Off to a bad start.
haha...yeah she was pretty damn bad

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #762
batman44
Go Speed GO
 
batman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: right here
Posts: 6,383
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

edit

__________________
<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is online now  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #763
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
I think the outfit is very much Lois Lane. She looks much more like a city girl than a small town girl. Also I've seen Lois Lane wear pants plenty of times.

I'm not in denial of anything thinking she looks like Lois Lane.
Agreed...people praise Erica's Lois all the time and yet she wore jeans. So I'm taking it she wasn't Lois to DIRECTOR?

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #764
redrover
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 137
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

I cannot except this Lois Lane, EVERYONE KNOWS that Lois Lane does not stop at a 7-11 to buy gas, she only ever stops at Shell stations, please.

And that style of car, in that color, no way, NOT EVER. I know for a fact that Lois Lane only drive's Ford's, only only only

Zac what are you doing????????????

redrover is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #765
NADALWON
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 150
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

And I've seen Bosworth in several films and never liked her characters. Her Lois is probably my favorite female lead in film history apart from Paula Patton in Déjà Vu. Paula Patton was my choice for Lois Lane in Man Of Steel.

NADALWON is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #766
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick
 
DCnightwing23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Has anyone thought that maybe perhaps Amy Adams will end up brunette in post? Now with cgi but with Snyder and how he adds his visual style to his movies. We all know the Cavill as Supes picture was heavily desaturated, but maybe thats the look Snyder is gonna go with.. Which i wouldnt approve of. So with that in mind, if Snyder is adding a visual filter to this movie in post, it could very well be possible that Adams would end up looking more like a brunette. Anyone think thats possible? Not saying i want that because it'd look awful imo

__________________
Nightwing: "Things Change"
DCnightwing23 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #767
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Honestly the hair gripe hasn't gotten old...it is what it is. DEAL WITH IT!

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #768
Zorex
I'm 100% 50/50
 
Zorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,994
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
And I don't see anything wrong with a retro look to things...I kinda like it. People talk, "keep it classic"...well he's going WAAAAY classic on ya! You asked for it...you got it.
I could be wrong, but I think when most people say "Classic," I think that they mean the looks or characteristics that have been standard for most of the character's existence. To say that Snyder may be referencing one particular iteration of a character, or going back to the very original model or a first concept of a character, doesn't really strike me as "WAAAAY classic."

__________________
Go Forward.
Remember Where You Come From
Zorex is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #769
Ursa
Villainess
 
Ursa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 572
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

"Lois Lane doesn't wear jeans, period." LOL

Ursa is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #770
Doc Krypton
PhD in Comicology
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 36
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

I don't know if you guys remember from J.J. Abrams's god awful script, but in Flyby, the character of Lana Lang was eliminated and they had Clark meet Lois in college. I won't be surprised if we have something similar to that.

I personally am thinking that they're merging them into one character, which is why Lois is in Smallville in these images.

Doc Krypton is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #771
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
I could be wrong, but I think when most people say "Classic," I think that they mean the looks or characteristics that have been standard for most of the character's existence. To say that Snyder may be referencing one particular iteration of a character, or going back to the very original model or a first concept of a character, doesn't really strike me as "WAAAAY classic."
I think he's taking bits and pieces from over the years of what he likes best and thinks what works best...and I see no problem with that

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #772
Sherlock Holmes
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

She is there to report on the tornado.

Sherlock Holmes is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #773
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Krypton View Post
I don't know if you guys remember from J.J. Abrams's god awful script, but in Flyby, the character of Lana Lang was eliminated and they had Clark meet Lois in college. I won't be surprised if we have something similar to that.

I personally am thinking that they're merging them into one character, which is why Lois is in Smallville in these images.
I'm sorry to say but I think you're wrong...she is more than likely just on assignment

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #774
NADALWON
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 150
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

I like the idea of Lois dying in Man Of Steel (would add some realism and unpredictability to the story for a change, and hey it actually happened in Donner's Superman) and Clark becoming close with Lana in the next two films.

NADALWON is offline  
Old 08-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #775
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 11,859
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
She is there to report on the tornado.
that's what I'm thinking...or the arrival of Zod and Faora

__________________
"Well, aside from the need for corrective lenses and a tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."
-Fox Mulder

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.