Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #951
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Harry Potter's a 14-year-strong franchise... I'd imagine a majority of the fans aren't 12.
so that would make them 15-17??

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #952
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight X View Post
I made it to the 4th Potter film, I think..........and then I lost interest.......lol
Not surprising Potter isn't for everyone just had a problem with him saying its for 12 year olds. Also about her hair in post, I won't rule out them doing that because crazier things have happened but its highly unlikely they would. Waste of money when they could just change her hair now.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #953
ArmsHeldOut
Searchlight Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i think both casting of clark and lois shows snyder is taking this very serious

he could of cast an already muscular and ripped 6'5 Joe Manganiello who is on a popular TV series (True Blood) who is american for clark and the in popular girl atm Olivia Wilde who looks exactly like modern lois lane

but went with a British ,shorter,less muscular ,less known actor and an older actress who does'nt right off the bat look like lois

Manganiello has the right build for Superman, but not the right face; he's too ethnic looking. Maybe it's the beak.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #954
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Harry Potter's a 14-year-strong franchise... I'd imagine a majority of the fans aren't 12.
It's more like 10-year-finished franchise.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #955
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I presume these are all Harry Potter references so unfortunatly your sarcasm/attempt at being funny is completely wasted on me because I'm not 12 & have therefore never seen Harry Potter.
so i guess you never seen Lord of the Rings as well.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:04 PM   #956
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR View Post
so i guess you never seen Lord of the Rings as well.
Nope. That sort of fantasy film doesn't appeal to me at all.

I love the usage as if not seeing a film about wizards, talking trees etc is something to roll your eyes at..

Old 08-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #957
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:

I love the usage as if not seeing a film about wizards, talking trees etc is something to roll your eyes at..
What's Lord of The Rings? is that a new dance group?

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #958
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Nah, I'm not gonna troll on people that like the LOTR franchise/books it's just the sort of fantasy film that doesn't appeal to me.

Nor am I gonna troll out Harry Potter lovers either I was just trying to be condescending to DIRECTOR for being sarcastic..

So getting back to Amy Adams, was she actually filming scenes or was she just visiting the set(s)?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #959
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

Quote:

Well, taking a jab at somebody for having seen those films or not having seen those films is ironic either way because your both posting on a comicbook forum.

That being said to back up your point, you mentioned back in 2009 that you hadn't seen Potter as well.

Quote:
No..
The Dark Knight had an immensely strong 'word of mouth' following & it barely made $1b & furthermore it was a highly anticipated sequel as well that was highly promoted film not only for WB extensive promotion campaign but also the death of Heath Ledger.

There have also been 6 Harry Potter films released (?) & they have all had a very strong word of mouth following as well (I know because I've resisted the urge to see any of them dispite people recommending them) & of those 6 films 0 have reached over $1b.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #960
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Well, taking a jab at somebody for having seen those films or not having seen those films is ironic either way because your both posting on a comicbook forum.
Yea but books/movies about flying alien men & billionaires running about dressed as giant crime fighting bat detectives is wayyyyy more believable than wizards.. & err.. warloc... I'll let myself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
That being said to back up your point, you mentioned back in 2009 that you hadn't seen Potter as well.
I've been told I should see them, but what can I say.. that sort of fantasy film with wizards, witches etc + the fact that when the first one was coming out I thought it looked like a kids movie, just doesn't appeal to me to go & see. There was a period were I was planning on watching Lord of The Rings series just to see what the fuss was about, but I never did. I'm more likely to watch those than I would the Harry Potter films at this juncture.

That's a bad post you've unearthed, it's from the Avatar thread & me talking about how I didn't think Avatar was gonna go past $1B with some persistant guy..

In my defense Avatar was a freak of nature, I thought it was only gonna do about $300m tops I think originally..

Old 08-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #961
Liam_H
Side-Kick

^Lol, I wonder what you reaction was like when it made virtually the same the 2nd weekend.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:35 AM   #962
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

I wonder how everyone would react if they made Superman a blonde....Itll certainly be interesting to see a none brunette Lois Lane but I guess seeing that in Smallville already for a little has made me used to it enough.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #963
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
No. It's the nickname of some guy in prison.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:07 AM   #964
WonderWitch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
Im pretty hopeful that Adams will do an amazing job as Lois, but i do understand the skepticism, alot of people wanted this for Lois Lane:

Which is understandable, but still I believe Adams will do a great job as Lois, i hope im not wrong because ^thats what we could have had instead. I still have faith that Adams wont disappoint
well, i was never the most ardent olivia wilde supporter, but these pics are awfully lois lane-y.

i konw that amy is a "great actress" and has more than one academy award nom, but sometimes you don't have to be the best actress to be the best for the role. whats done is done, but olivia would have been an awesome lois lane. i hope that amy will allow us to forget that, but homegirl didn't even care enough to dye her hair!

i also really like the outfit olivia is wearing in the second pic, fitted, clean, fashionable and work appropriately conservative. the hair is a bit too much for work, imo, a few inches shorter it wouldn't look so extension-y and would be more "serious". i'd like lois to have an out fit like this. i don't care for the first outfit or styling we've seen amy in in those pap set pics.

also, this is getting off topic but olivia totally looks like malin akerman in that first pic. weird.

The beautiful Hilary Rhoda is Wonder Woman in model form.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #965
WonderWitch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Manganiello has the right build for Superman, but not the right face; he's too ethnic looking. Maybe it's the beak.
henry's face is so right for superman, they would've been crazy to to go with joe instead. i mean, he's super hot, and his body is amaaaazzzzzing, but i agree, joe's face is too "ethnic" for supes, imo. and its not just the nose, everything about his features is pretty italian-Mediterranean looking, he could easily pass as middle eastern,too.

interestingly enough i think we have the opposite problem with lois, visually; amy's features are so "white bread" to me, especially with the current hair, i feel like she really could use a little extra edge. (not that i'm suggesting a large prosthetic nose or anything...)

The beautiful Hilary Rhoda is Wonder Woman in model form.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:26 AM   #966
Wheels
Eat my shorts
SHH! Global Moderator

Eh I wanted dark hair as well, but I'm not too fussed over it. Aaron Eckhart was blonde in TDK and still gave us a great Dent/Two Face.

I’ll go out and I’ll find some more of that Mulan Szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Because that’s what this is all about, Morty. That’s my one-armed-man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty. That was fake! I’m driven by finding that McNugget sauce. I want that McNugget sauce, Morty. That’s my series arc. If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget dipping sauce — Szechuan sauce, Morty.
-- Rick Sanchez
Old 08-18-2011, 03:40 AM   #967
Majik1387
Banned User

Oh dear lord, the retarded thought of Joe being too "ethnic" for Supes has appeared in here.

Grow up people.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #968
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I love Amy Adams!!!

She and Anne Hathaway are my top 2 favorite actresses!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #969
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Oh dear lord, the retarded thought of Joe being too "ethnic" for Supes has appeared in here.

Grow up people.
joe was too ethnic but dean cain was'nt lol

Old 08-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #970
ArmsHeldOut
Searchlight Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
joe was too ethnic but dean cain was'nt
According to you apparently.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #971
ArmsHeldOut
Searchlight Soul

I have faith in Amy. She's one of the best actresses of our generation. Sure, dark hair would have been nice visually, but it's not a deal breaker -- for me anyway.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #972
Doctor Jones
No One

The thing is whether you like the lack of dark hair or not, you can't say it's not true to the comics, because it's there. Now there's certainly a preference for it, but you can't complain it's not from the comics. Like Hathaway's lack of cowl.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #973
akfj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderWitch View Post
i hope that amy will allow us to forget that, but homegirl didn't even care enough to dye her hair!
That wouldn't be her decision to make, it would be Zach Snyder's.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #974
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

To me, the complaint about Amy Adams keeping her red hair to play Lois Lane is on par with the complaint about Aaron Eckhart keeping his blonde hair to play Harvey Dent. And in the end it'll probably have about the same impact on the quality of the final film.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #975
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Seeing as how this guy is overshadowed by the wolf "actor" that he "transforms" into....I think we made out OK.

Closed Thread