The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Upcoming Superman Solo Movie

Old 11-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #151
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Default Re: What villains would you like to see?

Conduit or Brainiac.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #152
Boom
I got nothin'

Any of the following:

Brainiac
Mongul
Parasite
Metallo

Old 11-03-2017, 11:48 AM   #153
Tg11
Side-Kick

Plus Darkseid works as a Justice League villain not as a Superman villain especially if Darkseid is supposed to be the equivalent of Thanos in a sense

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #154
BH/HHH
You Are My World

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/who...erman-villain/

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #155
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Parasite
Hank Henshaw

Last edited by Lobo; 11-26-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:43 AM   #156
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

I'll always be one of the first to scream "BRAINIAC!!!" to the high heavens if anyone from WB were in earshot, but at the moment I think it might be wiser to ease off the space threats and stay closer to home:
- The Elite
- Superman Revenge Squad (Luthor version: Metallo, Parasite, Bizarro)
- Sam Lane.
B'sides, not a real big fan anymore of the classic Silver Age "Green Man" look - I'd rather take the '80s Giger-Terminator or even the New 52 Collector Brainipede version.

Some folks let their marbles roll into traffic...I throw mine at the windshields.

Last edited by Jochimus; 11-26-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:47 AM   #157
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I'm now pushing for an Earth-based story with an Earth-bound villain too.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #158
Frodo
Side-Kick

For a first reboot film , I actually wouldn't have Lex be the main villain or puppet master, but an actual supporting character in the cast much like he was on STAS, Smallville and Lois and Clark.

Eventually build him up to be a big bad in his own film, but start him off as the charismatic golden son of Metropolis.

For the first film, I'd have the villains be Intergang, a criminal corporation with Morgan Edge as its ceo and Parasite, Livewire, , Conduit and being its metahuman enforcers.

Keep very a much grounded in Metropolis as opposed to Superman fighting villains around the planet or dealing with alien invasions or other dimensions.

A smaller scale threat for a Superman new to Metropolis would be a refreshing change of pace as opposed to another world ending event.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #159
Lobo
Snow Wifey

I want to see Atomic Skull

Old 11-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #160
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I want to see Atomic Skull
Heck, I'd take him too.

Some folks let their marbles roll into traffic...I throw mine at the windshields.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #161
Lobo
Snow Wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus View Post
Heck, I'd take him too.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:20 AM   #162
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I'm now pushing for an Earth-based story with an Earth-bound villain too.
Yep
Same here.

Brainiac would definitely be my first choice but after MOS and JL...another invasion movie would be too much.

Lex and Metallo?

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:53 AM   #163
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Yep
Same here.

Brainiac would definitely be my first choice but after MOS and JL...another invasion movie would be too much.

Lex and Metallo?
If Brainiac affects Earth like Skynet in the Terminator movies, then it would be Earth-bound. If they use him, I hope he is a complex villain, not like what they did with Steppenwolf. They could use a real actor too, not just a CGI creation spouting villainous quotes.

It would be interesting to see Lex wreak havoc on Metropolis. Not like we saw in BvS, with a monster like Doomsday, but seeing Lex really deal with the citizens of Metropolis, manipulating them, as we see them in danger and Superman helping them. I want to see Lex's relationship with Metropolis in a more detailed way. The animated series did it better than we have seen in the DCEU movies so far.

Willi Berg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #164
Vaibow
Side-Kick

I feel a lot of us agree that an invasion movie needs a rest. DC aside, it's a strong theme throughout many comic book movies - there isn't anywhere new to tread, unless you take risks and focus more on the human aspect - how they react and have superman caught up in the middle. As an example - governments and armies would get involved and some would turn on superman as the reason or opportunity to help. Would superman try the pragmatic approach whilst a massive army is lined up behind him or vice versa.

I was thinking last night and what i liked about superman the movie - no high powered villain. The helicopter/lois rescue was great - the montage scene was fun, the high stakes chasing of missiles.

I picture - wether its a reboot or MOS2, to focus heavily on clark kent in the city - how he blends in and is a nobody - groceries, walking by homeless and donating his last $5, handing in assignments, going out getting info on events, yet juggling all these situations and then doing something heroic and no one even knows and clark still going on about his life as if, well, it's normal.
A house/building blaze, going in and getting people out, as it all crumbles around him, freeze breath, super hearing - could make great viewing.

A tornado - standing there, how does he save people? One at a time?, who does he rescue first? Redemption from he he lost his father.

A bank heist/drug bust gone wrong - casually walking up to a gun and breaking it in his hands - crime soon slows down.

An international disaster - but enroute air forces attack and buzz him due to violating air space - saving a faulty rocket launch or plane.

An earth quake, doing what he can to help - flying to an area holding a coach, asking people to load it and buckle up as he carries them all away from a disaster zone.

A civil war, walking through pin pointing innocent people and saving them, or does he just float up high, heat vision destroying military tech.

This should all be explored.

I also want Superman to play up the alien aspect of his heritage. I don't want him saying he has been living amongst them, but observing the, from his station (get's people wondering where she lives - in space still etc?) and doesn't come across as a normal man, but these amazingly nice, compassionate being - too good to be true - well yes, it's the fact he is kryptonian. Wearing red pants over tights - unphased and doesn't see the problem.

I would love lex to be a side figure, a politician or influential business man that hates superman that pulls strings.

The 3rd act climatic moment? Walking into a trap - lois at the finish line or go rescue a bank held hostage - lex is onto clark and is testing him but clark comes out on top and saves the day.

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #165
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Reboot or sequel I think they need to do something smaller scale. Have him take on the Parasite and Metallo. Have it more about two villains trying to kill Superman rather than they want to rule the world.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:11 AM   #166
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Superman needs to really get in there amongst humanity, where we see what he does helping individuals. So far we have seen him help in a broad sense, where we see montages of him pulling a ship, or arriving at a flood, helping with a fire etc. but we never see what he specifically does or the details. We don't need to see these grand gestures at a distance, but something more personal. Not to mention it being an opportunity for a great action scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post

I picture - wether its a reboot or MOS2, to focus heavily on clark kent in the city - how he blends in and is a nobody - groceries, walking by homeless and donating his last $5, handing in assignments, going out getting info on events, yet juggling all these situations and then doing something heroic and no one even knows and clark still going on about his life as if, well, it's normal.
A house/building blaze, going in and getting people out, as it all crumbles around him, freeze breath, super hearing - could make great viewing.
That would be great to see! That will make it more personal and intimate. I just can't believe we still haven't gotten as simple as effective as that. About Clark as a person, his day-to-day life.

DC Movies:
http://supermantojusticeleague.tumblr.com/
Willi Berg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #167
Ken-Kaniff
MyCommonSenseIsTingling!

Darkseid would be great! Unless he will be in the Justice League Sequel. In that case, I would love Brainiac!

Just no more Lex Luthor please, especially when the casting choice so terrible with Eisenberg! He could have a supporting role, but he needs to be recast and also written better as a character, because the Lex Luthors from BvsS is NOT Lex Luthor! What the hell were they thinking?!?

Old 01-05-2018, 01:39 AM   #168
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Maybe they could use Lex Sr. and portray him more traditionally. I haven't seen BvS in a while, is he supposed to be dead or something?

Lead Cenobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #169
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

I was going to say Brainiac, but alas...like everyone said... we've had too many alien invasions in the DCEU.

So maybe Intergang with a dash of Metallo and or Toyman? We have these gangsters with this futuristic technology that actually can give Superman trouble (at least stalling him until they get away with their objective). Metallo could be an enforcer who is altered specifically to deal with Superman, while Toyman simply works on the back end, as tech support creating gadgets from the technology that is given to Intergang from their mysterious "partner".

Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #170
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Lobo and/or Mongul are the only viable choices right now. They shot themselves in the foot by not going with Brainiac for MOS. They've done 2 DCEU invasion movies now and both villains (General Zod and Steppenwolf) were lame.

MOS should've used Brainiac and Justice League should've used Darkseid.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #171
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Manchester Black and The Elite.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote