Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Titans

Old 12-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #526
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Default Re: Titans General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1193 View Post
http://thathashtagshow.com/2017/10/e...kdowns-titans/

Same source that gave us the other character breakdowns. They also confirmed Hawk and Dove before the characters were announced.
That’s awesome
Thanks.

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:24 AM   #527
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1193 View Post
Roy Harper is also being cast. He's in the same age range as Donna, Starfire and Nightwing.

Raven is the only outlier. She's so young compared to everyone else, even Beast Boy is older.
yeah this is what I want for it to be done right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Damn ok! Bring on Wally then! I haven’t been blown away by the CW Wally or their Roy. I’m down for recasts of both
Hmmm come to think about it all those actors that playe roy ad wally inthecw are are close enough in age. now hear me out I wouldn't mind recast or different actor how ever I fell those acotr given a better writing team then the cw writer whohave shown they don't much care for these two character among other like dina laruel lance who they treated poor as heroes . I feel if they were under a nother writer's team pen where they were on a team of equals heroes they'd shine better.

If only that was done with black canary again I won't mind a recast how ever if they do some use those actors? I'm surious to see how the actors would perform other a new writers team's pen that's not restricted to Guggenheim's or the writers team on flash not caring and having us fan's wondering why they brought the characters on screen inthe first place if they were ever gonna let them grow as character onscreen and devot stories to them to let the actor grow in their own craft as well ? if they had that attitude from the start.

if they use those actors? it would be cool. and to have be linked to the cwverse but not restricted to them inthatguggen hime won't over see that show. well we'll see. I'm cool with ether..

And I'd rather wally on the titans as some teacher other and ona team of equal then on legends where he be treated as less cause of the show runner. where's we'd get pretty much the same.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:30 AM   #528
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I would agree with you. I actually really like Colton Haynes and Keiynan Lonsdale as people outside of their portrayals of those character. I definitely think they have been held back by the writing. Wally's portrayal is a bummer in particular. He isn't living up to his potential at all. The portrayal needs more kinetic energy like what we've seen in the comics and in animated portrayals. He feels far too similar to Barry.

I was honestly not that disappointed in Harper's portrayal on Arrow now that I think about it. It felt pretty accurate

Only issue with incorporating these two characters into Titans is the whole different universe thing. Titans is set in a universe where Batman is well established, and so far Batman has only been referenced sparingly in the Arrowverse. I would love to see Haynes' and Lonsdale's Harper and West tbh. I started thinking about it and neither of them have done a bad job. They'd be welcome additions to this show, but if they are recast, I won't be upset at all.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:56 AM   #529
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I would agree with you. I actually really like Colton Haynes and Keiynan Lonsdale as people outside of their portrayals of those character. I definitely think they have been held back by the writing. Wally's portrayal is a bummer in particular. He isn't living up to his potential at all. The portrayal needs more kinetic energy like what we've seen in the comics and in animated portrayals. He feels far too similar to Barry.

I was honestly not that disappointed in Harper's portrayal on Arrow now that I think about it. It felt pretty accurate

Only issue with incorporating these two characters into Titans is the whole different universe thing. Titans is set in a universe where Batman is well established, and so far Batman has only been referenced sparingly in the Arrowverse. I would love to see Haynes' and Lonsdale's Harper and West tbh. I started thinking about it and neither of them have done a bad job. They'd be welcome additions to this show, but if they are recast, I won't be upset at all.
the best way I can think of for this is that the earth one batman is working more of a calndestend angle . let remember batman chose his path from child hood. like 10 yer's ofage. while inthis show oliver was amaleversion of paris hilton in the worst way possible and was dragged into this with his father suicid and dumping all his problems on oliver to a degree. and ended cleaning what was ona list his father made. and going trough hell on the island . batman had more time to set up an oganization or afew like the out sider the birds of prey and batman incorated beside's him self joing the justice league. oliver has team arrow but that was formed cause other near him wantedto be aprt of it. he didn't really creat the team so much as other's wantedto do something cause things weresorta getting worse for the city.

with batman it was mix of reluctance, but he did form a team's and actually lead them and trained a good lot of them.

While in arrow oliver refused to train some of like laruel etc. I'm just saying it's possible bat man is acting more covertly here with the world wide scale and he's acting more like dare devil . Gotham is his priority til someone's or things really heavy make him have to act openly on wider scale. Dare devil did join the avengers eventull ,but for a good long time his prorty was hell kitchen's. so there' role reversel between simlar like cheracter there,

Also batman is a behind the scenes leader at times . too

Last edited by zenith16; 12-11-2017 at 03:00 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:06 AM   #530
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

I wonder if batman will have any sort of presence in this show?
I think it would be cool if he was around but never really shown clearly.
A presence that’s felt more than seen.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:00 AM   #531
Razgriz-Specter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
I wonder if batman will have any sort of presence in this show?
I think it would be cool if he was around but never really shown clearly.
A presence that’s felt more than seen.
I hope for a bit more than the Teen Titans animated series at least.

Razgriz-Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #532
Staticshock
Newbie First Class

Bruce Wayne might appear in show.
http://thathashtagshow.com/2017/12/e...itans-tv-show/

Staticshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #533
godisawesome
Side-Kick

That certainly sounds like a set-up similar, though perhaps more fleshed out, to Superman's appearances in Supergirl. Having Dick experience flashbacks to show Bruce training him should be fascinating, especially if they also use that to set-up future Bat-family appearances. Imagine something like a season one episode showing Dick learning a particular combat move, then he meets this mouthy young punk, who suddenly does the same move, and Bam! he knows who Jason Todd is.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #534
RomanticPenguin
Superman loves ya

RomanticPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #535
guyisnotcool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticPenguin View Post
Not bad

guyisnotcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #536
RomanticPenguin
Superman loves ya

digging everything but the goggles (goggles?) on dove

RomanticPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #537
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
HOLY ****ING ****

They’re killing it with the costume designs on this show

Old 12-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #538
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
HOLY ****ING ****

They’re killing it with the costume designs on this show
That’s not bad at all, is it? Considering how dumb they could have looked given the source material, that’s pretty bad ass.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.9/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Annihilation - 8.8/10

My 2018 dream scenario - DC put up for sale when AT&T merger fails. Bought by Amazon.
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:49 PM   #539
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

The Robin costume didn't convince me, but that Hawk and Dove looks pretty great.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #540
Staticshock
Newbie First Class

Quote:
I love how comic accurate they making these costumes look can't wait to see starfire, beast boy and raven

Staticshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #541
Razgriz-Specter
Side-Kick

Quote:
digging everything but the goggles (goggles?) on dove
I actually love them because they are so different from the norm, they could have given her a domino mask or something like Wally's mask with goggles and called it a day.

Razgriz-Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:50 PM   #542
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Hawk looks really good. Dove....that wig is tragic and the cape seems to stiff and the goggles.....other then that its good.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #543
Fincher
Too far gone

Leaving the source material out of it, Dove looks good and Hawk is all right.

Fincher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #544
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Wilkinson must have provided some pointers, cuz those two look like they came straight out of Watchmen.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #545
Deck Rickard
#ReleaseTheUnwatchableCut

They look fantastic. Seriously, they look too good to be on a TV show. I wasn’t sure whether these characters would look good in live action but they are KILLING it with these costume designs. Love both of the actors too; I think they’ll be great.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #546
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

It is still so random to be including them lol. Of all the characters I thought I'd see adapted, these two never came to mind.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:02 PM   #547
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I’m actually a little impressed they gave Dove an accurate looking mask. It looks a little goofy, but still, A for effort. She and Hawk both look darn good for television.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #548
geetard
Rebirth

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #549
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

I mean, they kind of look ugly to me, but only in the sense that the original source costumes are also fairly ugly. So, if they intend to use those characters and remain fairly faithful to the appearance, it looks about as good quality as you could get.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #550
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
The look excellent! As far as looks, this, to me, is already looking so much more
enticing than any of the previous CW/DC shows did in their initial presentation.

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote