Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 04:38 PM   #601
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Agree to disagree on that one, Supergirl's best season for me is still S1 and I think the show has suffered an identity crisis ever since. Really feel like they need to get there s*** together personally. Its weird for me ever since those two Superman episodes at the start of Seaosn 2 which for me were the best the shows ever produced they've really struggled to know what to do.
Yep, we'll definitely have to agree to disagree, because I feel "identity crisis" describes season 1 perfectly, which is why I generally hated it, lol. It had no place on CBS, and the way they tried to bend it to fit that network brand was just painful for me. Last season was a transition period where they found their voice but lacked focus, so this season is the first time I feel like they actually HAVE their **** together. They have a direction, they have a worthy big bad for the first time in the show's history, they have an arc for their main protagonist and a general theme of the season, and they have the confidence now to execute it all with a bit more nuance, maturity, style and technical flair than ever before. To me it's like they FINALLY know what they're doing. But to each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
That chart is incorrect, it is 10 episodes for Supergirl, not 9.

It is a 23 consecutive new episode run on the CW between LoT and Supergirl for that time period. 4 (Supergirl)+9(LoT)+10(Supergirl) = 23.
Even better.

Also, I just realized some of its competition shows will likely have already have wrapped up their seasons when this one's still airing its last several eps, which could help ratings toward the end of the season as well.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Last edited by flickchick85; 12-09-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #602
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Yep, we'll definitely have to agree to disagree, because I feel "identity crisis" describes season 1 perfectly, which is why I generally hated it, lol. It had no place on CBS, and the way they tried to bend it to fit that network brand was just painful for me. Last season was a transition period where they found their voice but lacked focus, so this season is the first time I feel like they actually HAVE their **** together. They have a direction, they have a worthy big bad for the first time in the show's history, they have an arc for their main protagonist and a general theme of the season, and they have the confidence now to execute it all with a bit more nuance, maturity, style and technical flair than ever before. To me it's like they FINALLY know what they're doing. But to each their own.

Even better.

Also, I just realized some of its competition shows will likely have already have wrapped up their seasons when this one's still airing its last several eps, which could help ratings toward the end of the season as well.

Definitely, and the series was #1 all summer long as far as reruns, so I have no doubt it will keep the base during June. The problem for some is Netflix, since that is how many watch the series. For them, this definitely sucks.

Also, apparently there is a rumor going around that this is very Kreisberg centered, in that they are scrapping the episodes that are just written not filmed to get his name off the credits....so they need the time to do some rewrites and the 9 weeks to shoot them. Not sure if this will change any of the plot lines, etc....I doubt it, but if true....that is very interesting. I'm not sure that I believe it, but still very interesting.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #603
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

If you want to mark your calendar, these are the dates for the remaining episodes of Supergirl this season:
3x10 -Jan 15
3x11- Jan 22
3x12-Jan 29
3x13-Feb 5
3x14-Apr 16
3x15-Apr 23
3x16-Apr30
3x17-May 6
3x18-May13
3x19-May20
3x20-May27
3x21-June 4
3x22-June11
3x23-June18.
And this confirms there are 23 episodes this season, despite previous articles saying there would only be 22.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #604
Nia
Side-Kick

The production schedule hasn't changed much and the actors are already booking their cons in foreign countries in April/May so I doubt the 9 week thing is real. I think if there's a change, it'll be one or two weeks.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #605
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Also, apparently there is a rumor going around that this is very Kreisberg centered, in that they are scrapping the episodes that are just written not filmed to get his name off the credits....so they need the time to do some rewrites and the 9 weeks to shoot them. Not sure if this will change any of the plot lines, etc....I doubt it, but if true....that is very interesting. I'm not sure that I believe it, but still very interesting.
I noticed that in the last episode, #9, that Andrew Kreisberg's name was missing from the producers credits. So that is already a done deal. Kreisberg's name only showed up in the
developed by credits, along with Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler. Not sure if they can legally uncredit Kreisberg as one of the developers of the show.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #606
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
I noticed that in the last episode, #9, that Andrew Kreisberg's name was missing from the producers credits. So that is already a done deal. Kreisberg's name only showed up in the
developed by credits, along with Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler. Not sure if they can legally uncredit Kreisberg as one of the developers of the show.
Interesting....I meant to look for that and forgot. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, not sure they can legally do that either.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #607
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia View Post
The production schedule hasn't changed much and the actors are already booking their cons in foreign countries in April/May so I doubt the 9 week thing is real. I think if there's a change, it'll be one or two weeks.
I have no idea if the rumors are true or otherwise....just throwing it out there because it was kind of interesting. However, it does look like they are already purging him from the episodes. Which is a good thing...

And on a side note, as we know those cons can be dropped because of a change in scheduling....we had that at the beginning of filming this season. The whole fiasco of the owner calling out Melissa for lying about working and having to cancel his con.....when in fact, she WAS WORKING and had to cancel her appearance. So, that could happen here as well.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #608
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post

Even better.

Hopefully CW promotes the hell out of SG when it returns since that would help ratings.

And it is funny/yet sad that each season of SG has had some sort of bts issue to contend with. S1 just bending to CBS while obviously being a CW show, S2 with the transition period and now obviously S3 with the AK issue.

Makes me really interested to see S4 (and S5 of Flash) with zero AK input.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #609
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Hopefully CW promotes the hell out of SG when it returns since that would help ratings.

And it is funny/yet sad that each season of SG has had some sort of bts issue to contend with. S1 just bending to CBS while obviously being a CW show, S2 with the transition period and now obviously S3 with the AK issue.

Makes me really interested to see S4 (and S5 of Flash) with zero AK input.
That will be interesting....and since we will still have his influence at least on the big story lines of course this season, even though he won't be in the writer's room.....and I'm sure they are thrilled about that, seriously thrilled. I heard rumors that it was pretty weird at times.

I have a feeling that during LoT those 9 weeks we will get plenty of advertising about its return date....

CW will bank pretty well with 23 consecutive weeks of 1st run episodes.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-10-2017, 02:02 AM   #610
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
Definitely, and the series was #1 all summer long as far as reruns, so I have no doubt it will keep the base during June. The problem for some is Netflix, since that is how many watch the series. For them, this definitely sucks.

Probably at least somewhat true. there may be a tone change in the back of this season at least.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:06 AM   #611
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have no idea if the rumors are true or otherwise....just throwing it out there because it was kind of interesting. However, it does look like they are already purging him from the episodes. Which is a good thing...

And on a side note, as we know those cons can be dropped because of a change in scheduling....we had that at the beginning of filming this season. The whole fiasco of the owner calling out Melissa for lying about working and having to cancel his con.....when in fact, she WAS WORKING and had to cancel her appearance. So, that could happen here as well.
Which con was this? I do know she shot that "Waco" mini series in my state,

Old 12-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #612
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
Which con was this? I do know she shot that "Waco" mini series in my state,
She had to cancel one in London because of changes to the "Waco" shooting schedule.

It was the Heroes and Villains con in Nashville that I was talking about. She was supposed to go the weekend after they started shooting in Vancouver, (normally they get Saturdays and Sundays off if possible) they changed the schedule to have a Saturday shoot outside of Vancouver. (The opening scene to Episode 1) Melissa opened her honey wagon door and took a picture, this one...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWS3vLOj...melissabenoist

The owner of the con went on Twitter talking about how unprofessional it was of her to cancel last minute just to be off somewhere camping or whatever....it was a huge deal on twitter, people slamming her for being unprofessional etc....fans saying that she was working, etc. Some saying, maybe she just needed some time off. In reality she was actually working, which is what was told to the H&V con, and she was..... She stayed quiet for about 3 days and then sent this out...haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWbub-gD...melissabenoist

this is also from that day of shooting, which is pretty damn funny...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaFLsW_D...melissabenoist

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #613
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
Probably at least somewhat true. there may be a tone change in the back of this season at least.
That is a possibility. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. Drama on and off the small screen. LOL

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #614
Nia
Side-Kick

There's a difference between 23 1st run episodes of the same show and 23 episodes of different shows. I don't watch Legends so I won't be watching the CW those 9 weeks and my schedule will change. There's a big difference between someone adjusting to a new schedule when nothing is on like during the summer and when all others shows are on the same break and adjusting to it when all shows but one are airing.

Other networks have long breaks and that does affect viewership sometimes. I can only speak for myself but that's pretty much how I stopped watching Scandal. We can only hope they leave 3.13 on a great cliffhanger that keeps people wanting more.

Regarding the cons, yes it's true that the actors may have to cancel appearances if they have to film but I think booking them now signals that they haven't been told of any adjusted filming dates that will coincide with those dates.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #615
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Of course when they book them they have every intention of going. In both of the cases above, they were advertising her going very early on....the changes to the filming schedules of "Waco" and "Supergirl" came just days before shooting started. There is just no way around those kinds of things. Hopefully in the case of this newest Con appearance she will be able to make it.

In your case, yes the 23 1st run episodes means nothing because you don't watch the other shows......I don't watch LoT either, and Black Lightning doesn't look like something I will be watching, BUT in the case of BUSINESS on the CW/WB side of things it is something they will be advertising quite a bit. That is huge for them.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #616
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia View Post
There's a difference between 23 1st run episodes of the same show and 23 episodes of different shows. I don't watch Legends so I won't be watching the CW those 9 weeks and my schedule will change. There's a big difference between someone adjusting to a new schedule when nothing is on like during the summer and when all others shows are on the same break and adjusting to it when all shows but one are airing.

Other networks have long breaks and that does affect viewership sometimes. I can only speak for myself but that's pretty much how I stopped watching Scandal. We can only hope they leave 3.13 on a great cliffhanger that keeps people wanting more.
Fox did that with Gotham last season. Gotham had a 3 month break. From January 30th to April 24th. And it didn't hurt Gotham's ratings. From a 1.1 to a 1.0. And maintained the 1.0 the rest of the season.
Virtually identical ratings before and after the 3 month break, especially considering ratings drop in the Spring anyway. Also Supergirl had a 2 month break last season from November 28th to January 23rd.
So the only difference is the long break will be later this year.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #617
famicommander
Side-Kick

At least it isn't two completely unrelated shows sharing a timeslot. Legends and Supergirl are going to share largely the same audience; obviously not entirely the same, but the two shows are closely related.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #618
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
At least it isn't two completely unrelated shows sharing a timeslot. Legends and Supergirl are going to share largely the same audience; obviously not entirely the same, but the two shows are closely related.
I would hope that they would see that that combination works and allow LoT to come back in the 9 p.m. time slot with Supergirl. Doubtful that will happen, but I think it would work.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #619
Nia
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Fox did that with Gotham last season. Gotham had a 3 month break. From January 30th to April 24th. And it didn't hurt Gotham's ratings. From a 1.1 to a 1.0. And maintained the 1.0 the rest of the season.
Virtually identical ratings before and after the 3 month break, especially considering ratings drop in the Spring anyway. Also Supergirl had a 2 month break last season from November 28th to January 23rd.
So the only difference is the long break will be later this year.
I wouldn't call it virtually identical ratings because it didn't get past 1.0 unrounded in the final third but you can see that two of three January episodes got 1.2. So while not dramatic, there is a difference in the ratings but that could be due to the spring.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/g...three-ratings/

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:12 PM   #620
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Something that’s going to be interesting is if upfronts happen at the same time in May as last year then the show will still have five episodes to go whereas last year it was just one. When Flornia Lima wasn’t listed on the shows description we knew something was up. It’s possible we will know if certain characters will continue. I’m specifically thinking of Ruby, the character was described as having an option for season 4. If Ruby’s not listed at upfront that will be an indication the character wasn’t picked up. There’s also going to be a few more weeks between when filming wraps and when the finale airs, that could make it easier for spoilers.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #621
Spirit
Side-Kick

Do you think Supergirl can chop onions without crying?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:46 AM   #622
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Do you think Supergirl can chop onions without crying?
Yes.....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #623
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierrose View Post
Something that’s going to be interesting is if upfronts happen at the same time in May as last year then the show will still have five episodes to go whereas last year it was just one. When Flornia Lima wasn’t listed on the shows description we knew something was up. It’s possible we will know if certain characters will continue. I’m specifically thinking of Ruby, the character was described as having an option for season 4. If Ruby’s not listed at upfront that will be an indication the character wasn’t picked up. There’s also going to be a few more weeks between when filming wraps and when the finale airs, that could make it easier for spoilers.
They said at the beginning of the season that it was a possibility of the character being in multiple seasons, so we shall see.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 12-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #624
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

There is an article out there about Supergirl doing her own version of Reign of the Superwomen after her defeat at the hands of Reign.

I think this Reign storyline can last up to 2 seasons max.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:41 AM   #625
BH/HHH
You Are My World

You can’t stretch a villain out like Reign over two seasons on a show like this people will get bored. Not as the big bad anyway.

Closed Thread