The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #351
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Or, I don't know, one of the six other lantern cores? Heh, Jesus. Get your heads together fellas.

Wish he would fight somebody other than mofos with light rings though. Kanjar Ro would be awesome. Maybe Greyven. Mongol.

H.E.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #352
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Or, I don't know, one of the six other lantern cores? Heh, Jesus. Get your heads together fellas.

Wish he would fight somebody other than mofos with light rings though. Kanjar Ro would be awesome. Maybe Greyven. Mongol.
They fought some Thanagarians episode before last. The Spider Guild at the start. Those dudes on Mogo. A pinhole. Those warring aliens that ate yellow rocks.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #353
Savage
Earth Rocker

Manhunters are most likely next. Something tells me they'll be making a return to help combat the Red Lanterns. Ganthet isn't there to tell the Guardians that it's a dumbass idea anymore.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #354
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

I want to see Hannu and Stel against the manhunters.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #355
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

Well, not all of the lantern corps are evil. And even if they were, fighting one lantern corps after another would be boring as hell.

Mongol would be ****ing awesome, though. I want that. And having his ties to the Sinestro corps means he's got a good bridge to the story that's already being told.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #356
Jordacar
The Endless One

Am I crazy, or is every episode of this show the same? The gang meets some aliens that seem really nice, but they turn out to be evil. And sometimes the evil aliens are just misunderstood.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #357
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
Am I crazy, or is every episode of this show the same? The gang meets some aliens that seem really nice, but they turn out to be evil. And sometimes the evil aliens are just misunderstood.
To the extent there are aliens in every episode, yeah. But not really the rest of it.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #358
Grommers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post

I think this brings up an interesting point, I think majority of evil, even in todays world is just misunderstood in some sort of context, and it would be nice if the show headed in this direction.

Take for example "Parallax", not as the "evil being" but a creature who feeds off fear. Well, for it to live, it needs to eat fear, and basically we are stopping it's right to feed therefore killing it. It wasn't like it had the choice - between being a vegetarian or eating fear. It's just biologically and mentally designed that way, yet its looked at as a villain.

This show does a good job of showing this just to a lesser extent, but it would be nice if it touched upon this. I know Blade II touched upon this, with the whole vampire deal, but it'd be nice if that could be a focal point of a show as opposed to the typical "villainous" he's doing something wrong, so he's evil.

Just a thought anyways that was spurred by your comment .

Old 05-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #359
Micromind
Nerd foru m dweller

Last week's episode "Invasion" was amazing, I liked how they included the Saint Walker's back story before he becomes a Blue lantern, but this week's episode is all out action packed !

The next one "Homecoming" is the season one finale episode, where Hal is about to reach Oa.

As Guardians are left with almost no GL Corps to defend Oa and Hal, Razer and Kilowog are left stranded in space and Atrocitus reached there, things become ugly.

Preview clips

Looks mind blowing.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #360
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Homecoming wraps up the first half of the season where the battle between Hal's group and the Red Lanterns comes to a head. With Atrocitus breaching Oa, Hal and Razer get the Star Sapphires to teleport them to Oa in time to prevent him from destroying the Guardians. A good fight between Hal and Atrocitus as well as Hal's relationship with Carol. It was also touching to see Aya displaying tears.

Kilowog has his moment in trying to take on the Red Lantern Armada fleet with the help of GL Mogo and the debut of Saint Walker as the first Blue Lantern. I was hoping that Hal would meet Saint Walker while Razer would settle scores with him.

With the first half of the season over, the story with the Red Lanterns is over for now but I agree that the Manhunters will be the villains for the second half. I just hope they don't change the cast. I hope Saint Walker stays with Hal and his team. Great mid-season finale for Green Lantern as this show grows on me.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #361
Blackman
C'mon Son

Season finale was pretty good. Especially on the action part. Kilowag and the others vs the Armada was great.

A couple of things I didnt like: Razer didnt do sh**, where were the rest of the lanterns? Hal vs Atrocitus wasnt that good either. It probably wouldve been better if they made it 45 mins

Old 05-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #362
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Not only Razer didn't do much, but they didn't use Queen Iolande for this episode either. She could've helped Kilowog, Mogo, and Saint Walker against the Red Lantern fleet. I was hoping Ganthet would meet Aya and see her as his daughter.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #363
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I loved the finale (even though it certainly could have benefited from being 45-mins). This show is so great, it pains me to think of all the live-action GL potential that will never be.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #364
gkokujin
Side-Kick

um...this was ANTICLIMACTIC.

i don't know how you guys thought it was great.

worst season finale ever.

and i LOVE this show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #365
r0derix
Side-Kick

Thought everything was great except the final fight of Hal vs. Atrocitus. That ended kinda quickly. Otherwise pretty cool.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #366
Asgard
Kanga Fu

I thought it was awesome.

Everyone had their moments to shine.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #367
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post

and i LOVE this show...

Long Live TCM
Old 05-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #368
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Since the Manhunters are going to be the villains for the second half of the season, I hope the cast is intact while they should add more with Saint Walker, Salaak, and Ga'Tia.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #369
Grommers
Side-Kick

Finale was great..but like many others said, a 45 minute finale would have been so much better. It felt....rushed. Either way, bring on the next arc!

Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #370
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post

and i LOVE this show...
It really was. That whole thing with Hal forgetting who he was was not necessary and I was waiting to see the pay off. It was the definition of filler. In a season finale! Then Hal just beats Atrocitus because he wanted it more this time? What, the planet that was at risk of being destroyed before didn't do it? The whole finale was just weak and reeked of lazy writing for me (they clearly did not know what to do with Hal. Killowog and Saint Walker's stories were fine). They didn't need 45 minutes. They needed to do better with the time they had.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #371
KingMadness
Side-Kick

The season finale needed to be an hour of straight action. It was good for what it was though, very cool just needed more action, the action was so quick.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #372
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Gonna ignore the many things I disliked about the finale(and the series really) and say that I got goosebumps when Saint Walker came to save Killowog

Old 05-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #373
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

yeah, the best part of the finale was the Walker/Kilowog/Mogo part.

I will say that the both the voice actors that did the Oath this episode absolutely nailed it. The delivery of the oath by Kilowog and Hal in the show made me realize how poorly it was done by Reynolds in the movie.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #374
Maximus One
Eklypze Is Dead

I don't want the Manhunters, I want more Corps. We haven't seen one single bit of
Sinestro in this series, that's a big **** up in my eyes. All they've done with this series is capitalize of the popularity of the Red Lanterns, thus far. Still though, we should have heard Hal and Kilowog make mentions of Sinestro being banished on Qward or something ANTHING. Also, I think it'd be a nice time to introduce some more of the lanterns from Earth. I can imagine they could do a pretty damn good origin story for Kyle with an exiled Ganthet finding him. I dunno, I love this show but I love this comics just so much that it's extremely hard to not pick apart pieces of this show

"Police are under the bridge demanding that I at least turn back into Rick Moranis"

- Rob Sonic
Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #375
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I don't want the Manhunters, I want more Corps. We haven't seen one single bit of
Sinestro in this series, that's a big **** up in my eyes. All they've done with this series is capitalize of the popularity of the Red Lanterns, thus far. Still though, we should have heard Hal and Kilowog make mentions of Sinestro being banished on Qward or something ANTHING. Also, I think it'd be a nice time to introduce some more of the lanterns from Earth. I can imagine they could do a pretty damn good origin story for Kyle with an exiled Ganthet finding him. I dunno, I love this show but I love this comics just so much that it's extremely hard to not pick apart pieces of this show
They have 4 seasons planned and want to introduce the other Earth Lanterns over that time. And if you think Sinestro won't show up sooner or later you be crazy.

Closed Thread