The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 01-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #151
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Default Re: The right kind of Vibe - the Cisco Ramon thread

I was re-watching Season 1 and I can't imagine the show without him.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #152
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. That’s how the saying goes, right? All the recent meta mayhem meant that I had severely neglected my dating life. And I needed to fix that. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, amiright? Seeing Barry and Iris playing house gave me all the feels and reminded me that that’s what I want – someone to come home to. My apartment is great and all, but Siri and Alexa can only provide so much female companionship.

No one knows what the future holds – even if you have metapowers and the ability to manipulate the Speed Force – but I’ll be damned if my future is filled with me eating Spaghettios and watching X-Files reruns alone. So, update your apps, ladies, because Cisco is back in the game! As a scientist, my life is all about the formulas; trusting an algorithm to find my soulmate made perfect sense. I snagged my laptop and set-up shop at CC Jitters (their WiFi is on point) and revamped my online profile. I realized my pic of me cosplaying as Link from Zelda probably wasn’t the biggest babe magnet, so I updated it with a more flattering photo of me at a Diamonds game – manly, right? Just as I was about to upload everything, the power went out – apparently, the barista had blown a fuse trying to meet the demand of a dozen undercaffeinated hipsters. Great. The shop was plunged into darkness and my carefully-crafted bio was lost forever.

I only had a second or two to despair before something – rather, someone - crashed into my chair, knocking me onto the floor and spilling my room-temperature latte all over my shirt. A second later, a back-up generator hummed to life and the lights flipped back on and I found myself staring up at a beautiful, yet red-faced, young woman. She pulled me to my feet and apologized profusely for bumping into me, at which point I became painfully aware that I was drenched in stale coffee. But whereas that might have been a turn-off for most women, this one simply grabbed a handful of napkins and started dabbing at the stains. Maybe I had love on the mind, but I’m pretty sure her hands lingered, and when she offered to buy me a new coffee, I took her up on the offer. We sat together and sipped our lattes, talking all the way into the night until we shut the place down.

Long story short, I got her number and am now waiting the appropriate amount of time before I can call without seeming too desperate. Safe to say, I’m no longer fretting about my LoveFinder.com profile and, now that I think about it, I might even terminate my account!

Quote:

Your boy has had a week. I mean, c’mon, multiverse! It all started out with H.R. getting into trouble (I knew that guy was bad news), which then led to this whole fiasco with Gypsy. I can’t say I’m a stranger to being threatened by mysterious women (looking at you, Peek-a-Boo and Golden Glider!), but something about Gypsy was cosmic… beyond any connection or vibe I’ve gotten with any other girl. I was loving that special tingle you get when you find something real, but it all got ruined when Gypsy decided to return to Earth-19.

But in the wake of it all, I saved H.R. Cisco Ramon- gentleman, hero, and all around badass once again. H.R. was super gracious about it seeing that I did lay my life on the line for him (who ever thought I’d do that? Safe to say I wouldn’t do that for any other Wells’!). He insisted on treating me to a steak dinner as a thank you. I mean, I usually want to argue about everything when it comes to H.R. but I cannot argue a free filet. No need to twist my arm!

Somehow, H.R. snagged us a reservation at Simon’s Steakhouse – I’ve been trying to get in there for ages! I wonder how he did it… I’m sure it involved him flirting with a hostess in some way, that cheeky devil. I’ve never stepped foot in a restaurant as fancy as Simon’s. Most Ramon family celebrations are spent at home with wine by the dozen and plenty of Mama Ramon’s home-cooked lasagna.

I threw on my finest suit (check me out, James Bond) and had H.R. threw on his Randolf face to keep things in check. We spent the night like kings – chowing down on t-bone, guzzling some Merlot, and topping it off with a double order of chocolate soufflé. It was the dream, man. Ain’t if funny how nice a person can be once you risk your life to save ‘em? Barry totally doesn’t utilize that enough. Maybe I’ll mention it to him to consider next time one of us has to use our panic buttons!

Quote:

Times are stressful as frak. I mean, we got the countdown to Iris’ impending doom, the risk of losing Caitlin to her evil alter-ego Killer Frost, and this weird dude with the touch of death running around making things decay. Can we please have a week where we are not tiptoeing on the brink of disaster?

You’re spiraling, Cisco. Take a deep breath and focus on the positives. Every cloud has a silver lining, right? I guess ours would be Wally making serious progress in his speedster training. He mastered the whole phasing thing and is making Kid Flash a bonafide sensation. Seriously, Kid Flash is more popular than memes here in Central City! I figured it was high time for me and Wally to have a low-key bromance and hit up the town. I mean, we’re both coming into our own as superheroes, after all. It’s the Vibe / Kid Flash crossover event! Vibe and Kid Flash’s Excellent Adventure? Vibe Cassidy and the Flashdance Kid? I’ll work on it. Either way, it was on like Donkey Kong.

Since we’re both not-so-secretly pining for our other-Earth baes, Jesse Quick and Gypsy, we took ourselves off the market and decided to just have fun and not worry about the whole dating game. Wally didn’t strike me as a karaoke type, so I knew the perfect spot for our epic night – Central City’s brand new barcade! We got there and the joint was lit. From vintage video games to a sick DJ pumping tunes, the entire place was one giant party. Wally was all giddy when he overheard a group of girls crushing on Kid Flash, so we totes photo-bombed their selfies. I tore up Skee Ball and Wally brought the moves on Dance Dance Revolution - safe to say that the Vibe and Kid Flash team up could be best described as a fire emoji.

That is until the temperature dropped about 50 degrees. Suddenly everything turned frigid. We could see our breath! Wally and I were both freaking. These days sudden chilly conditions always makes me worry about my homegirl Caitlin. I had to check over my shoulder and make sure she wasn’t lurking anywhere nearby! But we were in the clear – we overheard the manager on the phone complaining that the AC unit had gone haywire. The party was cooling off - people were shivering and sliding to the exit. So I ran over to the AC unit gave it a touch and vibed to see what was wrong. Turns out it needed a new part from a factory in Star City. I gave Wally the deets and he was there and back in a (kid) flash. We helped the manager install it and brought back the heat. The party was saved!

As the night ended, we used our last quarters on some classics arcade games. I got hooked on Donkey Kong and Wally was blown away by my mad skills of taking down that crazy gorilla. If only Grodd’s attacks were as easy to dodge as Donkey Kong’s barrels! I gotta say I’m still stoked he’s out of our hair for good. Now, does any one have change for a dollar? Wally and I are ready for our next barcade team-up!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #153
Mondragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Quote:

Your boy has had a week. I mean, c’mon, multiverse! It all started out with H.R. getting into trouble (I knew that guy was bad news), which then led to this whole fiasco with Gypsy. I can’t say I’m a stranger to being threatened by mysterious women (looking at you, Peek-a-Boo and Golden Glider!), but something about Gypsy was cosmic… beyond any connection or vibe I’ve gotten with any other girl. I was loving that special tingle you get when you find something real, but it all got ruined when Gypsy decided to return to Earth-19.
Snagged from CBR thread. Couldn't find a Gypsy thread so posting here since she's most closely tied to Vibe.

(Don't know if this is a solution, but anyone else wish her TV counterpart had a bit more fun with her costume something with a bit more color and flair )

Last edited by Mondragon; 05-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #154
Mondragon

Love Vibe and how his powers have grown.
Starting "Vibing" just touching objects and getting a sense of their past, where they were, then doing the same with people, somewhat empathetically vibing their presence in the past or future in his mind. To mentally taking them back to revisit a past, future, or alternate timelines.
To actually opening a rift in that time line (alt realities/dimensions), and physically have someone travel through, or jump through himself.
Using it as a vibrating projection-blast weapon.
To al all around using a rift to teleport himself, groups (or objects) from any one place to another.

He really has fantastic powers.

Last edited by Mondragon; 05-26-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote