Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 06-30-2018, 04:41 PM   #251
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
Oh ok. That's a shame but understandable..Wonder if Amell, Gustin, Melissa
and other main cast members will just take this easy route.....I remember some main cast members of Smallville bailing at some point.
To be fair, being the lead on a CW series isn't a huge statement about your versatility as an actor. The smart thing to do is build your fanbase with your tv series and appearing in films on the side (either aimed at your fan demo or playing against type).

Unfortunately, most get very few opportunities. Gustin seems a decent actor. Hope he can escape the typecasting. Being The Flash for 10 years will build up his $$$, but it's hard after. Look at Tom Welling. Though for him, he was just a model who fell into the job.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #252
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
If he did, he should have been trying to be cast in those roles 2-3 years ago. Dude is getting older and losing his opportunity to be known as anything other than "CW superhero" ala Stephen Amell. Benoist (at least) seems to be getting some varied roles.
Grant doesn’t seem to be actively seeking out other parts like Melissa. Grant is a fine actor and singer but he doesn’t have Broadway producers calling to figure out how he can fit in staring in their show during summer break. Melissa is IMO the strongest lead acting wise on CW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
I definitely get the impression that Benoist is keen to stretch herself as a performer.
She certainly is activity seeking out roles different from Supergirl. Patriots Day, Waco, Sun Dogs (which is on Netflix), Lowriders. Not to mention she’s staring as Carole King on Broadway to rave reviews. Her run in Beautiful-The Carole King Musical is sold out, at least some her new Broadway fans will follow her to TV. Of all the Arrowverse leads she’s the one who won’t have a bit of trouble finding work when Supergirl eventually ends.

Last edited by Brierrose; 07-04-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Brierrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:05 AM   #253
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierrose View Post
Grant doesn’t seem to be actively seeking out other parts like Melissa. Grant is a fine actor and singer but he doesn’t have Broadway producers calling to figure out how he can fit in staring in their show during summer break. Melissa is IMO the strongest lead acting wise on CW.

She certainly is activity seeking out roles different from Supergirl. Patriots Day, Waco, Sun Dogs (which is on Netflix), Lowriders. Not to mention she’s staring as Carole King on Broadway to rave reviews. Her run in Beautiful-The Carole King Musical is sold out, at least some her new Broadway fans will follow her to TV. Of all the Arrowverse leads she’s the one who won’t have a bit of trouble finding work when Supergirl eventually ends.
Very Very smart on her part. Diversifying her resume. It'll keep her getting jobs once Supergirl ends in a few years.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #254
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brierrose View Post

I've thought for a while now that if Supergirl ever appears in the DCEU I think Benoist could play her and hold her own opposite Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot. Not that I think they would cast her for the big-screen version of the character, but if they did I could actually see her making it work.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite

Last edited by Milk Tray Guy; 07-05-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #255
NotGoodAtNames

A comment I made in the 4x23 page made me realize something. Now I've said before I don't like the team aspect and it still sands. While I'm thinking about it, Barry and Iris have suffered the most from having a team on the show.

We know why Barry suffers- he's severely nerfed, gets dumb down, and has scientists explaining to him HIS own power. Okay, we know this.

Here's how I think Iris suffers from the show having a team.

We know this show is Barry's story, but the female lead should have her own story right? Iris could have had that with her journalism. However, we couldn't get that.

AJK is the one who was all for the team. I swear that man did an interview and talked about he wanted the team aspect to be like Buffy. Honestly, you can tell he clearly care more about the non-flash comic book characters than the actual ones.

Iris fans were promised a journalism story back in season 2. Clearly that didn't happen. This was the first season where Iris was in Star Labs majority of the time. I like Iris, but I want a journalism story for her. Season 2-3, besides Barry being dumbed down, I notice how much the team aspect was hurting her character. Whomever was in charge (AJK) clearly liked writing the team more.

Then came season 4. While I'm glad her being leader gave her more agency, I wanted her journalism story. I know the show has a budget, but boy was this the season that the team hurt her the most. They literally got rid of her own set-CCPN. Just got rid of it. We didn't even see it not once. Iris lost her own set just to accommodate Star Labs/team flash. Hell, Candice didn't even know if Iris was a journalist for most of the season. Its just ugh....

I have no confidence going into season 5. I know they said they're doing pair offs, but the team is still there. Barry will continue to be told what to do. I want to have faith for Iris journalism, but I'm just not confident.

NotGoodAtNames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:03 AM   #256
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

91 days away from the premiere. Yes, I'm counting.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:46 AM   #257
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Venom View Post
91 days away from the premiere. Yes, I'm counting.
But Season 5 is going to be ****e!

I suppose, for a change, the season will open with Barry being present without previous season consequences. Barry wont be a recluse, there wont be no new timelines, and he wont be missing. He'll be there in high spirits (though admittedly, confused having just met his daughter).

I do wonder whether there's going to be a time jump between the end of S4 and the beginning of S5 too; six months or so? They're going to have to detail the whole Nora Allen II stuff. I wonder whether [some of it] will be in the flashback sense.

I'm further intrigued as to whether Nora II will be in the crossover, and the reaction Ollie, Diggle, Kara (and co) will have to meeting Barry's future daughter.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:31 PM   #258
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Look at Noras modified suit

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-16-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote