The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #576
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
After debuting as Spectrum (or something else) Monica can take over the CM name as a tribute to her fallen friend.
Yes, but NOT debuting in Captain Marvel 2. It's easy for superhero movies to become overstuffed trash cans by trying to stuff in supporting heroes from decades of comics along with villains to fight.
CM2 with Carol, Ms. Marvel, Spectrum and more than one villain would be as bad as Iron Man 2 at best - worse if Captain Marvel is itself an inferior film to Iron Man. It would also shorten Monica's MCU lifespan, because she'd have already made 1-2 contract appearances before CM3 rather than letting the universe and its contracts breathe.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #577
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Y'all are already talking about replacing a character we haven't even met yet, lol.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #578
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Y'all are already talking about replacing a character we haven't even met yet, lol.
Feige and his team have plans going out to 2024! To not discuss the successor to next year's MCU additions (and their successor, and so on) seems lazy in comparison.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/07...s-future-plans

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #579
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:
Feige and his team have plans going out to 2024! To not discuss the successor to next year's MCU additions (and their successor, and so on) seems lazy in comparison.

I can’t agree, not talking about replacing a character who appears in 2019 is not lazy...if she is popular and well received and the actress is on board, she will be around for at least 10 years...I doubt she will be anywhere needing to be replaced by 2024. And that is even if they indeed decided to replace her.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?

Last edited by Tymminator; 07-11-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #580
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
I can’t agree, talking about replacing a character who appears in 2019 is not lazy...if she is popular and well received and the actress is on board, she will be around for at least 10 years...
The studio burns through a six-film contract relatively quickly.
Brie Larson will be in Captain Marvel & Avengers 4 next year. If CM is a success, we can expect a trilogy with 2022 & 2025 releases. She'll be leading the Avengers in A5. Who knows what other film she'll be part of a team in?
Though more significantly, I'm expecting Chadwick Boseman to break the studio's arm over salary after five non-cameo appearances because Black Panther made so much money. He only consented to sign a five-film contract and has already been in three. I'm wondering if he's reduced to a cameo in A4 to save him for BP2 and A5 or not. If not, he'll already have the studio over a barrel once BP2 wraps. That's why I'm already prepared for his death in BP3. People seem to like Shuri's actress better than him anyway, so it's a win-win.
You can't expect anyone to stick around for 10+ years from now on unless they're very affordable.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #581
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

2024 is less than 6 years away. Downey & Co. are still appearing in Marvel films in 2019. She'll very much still be around in 2024 and beyond, imo.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #582
Tymminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
The studio burns through a six-film contract relatively quickly.
Brie Larson will be in Captain Marvel & Avengers 4 next year. If CM is a success, we can expect a trilogy with 2022 & 2025 releases. She'll be leading the Avengers in A5. Who knows what other film she'll be part of a team in?
Though more significantly, I'm expecting Chadwick Boseman to break the studio's arm over salary after five non-cameo appearances because Black Panther made so much money. He only consented to sign a five-film contract and has already been in three. I'm wondering if he'll be reduced to a cameo to save him for BP2 and A5 or not. If not, he'll already have the studio over a barrel once BP2 wraps. That's why I'm already prepared for his death in BP3. People seem to like Shuri's actress better than him anyway, so it's a win-win.
You can't expect anyone to stick around for 10+ years from now on unless they're very affordable.
Yeah it’s true the movies come out relatively fast, but there was also talk of her being a front and center character...I don’t see them letting a character who is popular, meant to be front and center only stick around for 5 years or so. Plus Brie Larson is young and will probably be in other movies too, especially if they continue a version of the Avengers.

Honestly, I see actors real life ages be a big factor (not the only factor mind you, as they may simply want to call it a day, but a big factor) of how long some characters stick around before retirement/replacement.

(Makes me think of Astro City for some reason)

I DO bet we will see some form of a Shuri Black Panther though, and that could be tight.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?

Last edited by Tymminator; 07-11-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #583
Tymminator

Quote:
2024 is less than 6 years away. Downey & Co. are still appearing in Marvel films in 2019. She'll very much still be around in 2024 and beyond, imo.
Exactly. Also, they were all older than she is now than when they started then. Brie potentially can be around for quite a while.

Last edited by Tymminator; 07-11-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #584
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah it’s true the movies come out relatively fast, but there was also talk of her being a front and center character...I don’t see them letting a character who is popular, meant to be front and center only stick around for 5 years or so. Plus Bree Larson is young and will probably be in other movies too, especially if they continue a version of the Avengers.
2019-2025 is only 2 years less than Chris Evans debuting in 2011 and giving up the shield in 2019. "Being front and center" doesn't have to mean "being Robert Downey Jr"... that's an unsustainable amount of money.

Quote:
Honestly, I see actors real life ages be a big factor (not the only factor mind you, as they may simply want to call it a day, but a big factor) of how long some characters stick around before retirement/replacement.

(Makes me think of Astro City for some reason)

I DO bet we will see some form of a Shuri Black Panther though, and that could be tight.
Oh my gosh, yes, age is a big factor. By Infinity War, Mark Ruffalo looks like a doughy Reed Richards and Don Cheadle looks downright elderly. I won't pick on RDJ since he's known to be leaving forever next year.
And yes, it could. Especially if T'Challa is killed by a worthy enemy like Doctor Doom and she has to go after him.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #585
Tymminator

Quote:
2019-2025 is only 2 years less than Chris Evans debuting in 2011 and giving up the shield in 2019. "Being front and center" doesn't have to mean "being Robert Downey Jr"... that's an unsustainable amount of money.
Yeah, but Evan’s more likely leaving for other interests, and although he’s very prominent, I always took it they meant Brie to be more front and center like Stark was. That said there are still plenty who are on the longer end and are not even front and center, Black Widow and War Machine even if they both die in Avengers 4 lasted 9 years each.

Quote:
Oh my gosh, yes, age is a big factor. By Infinity War, Mark Ruffalo looks like a doughy Reed Richards and Don Cheadle looks downright elderly. I won't pick on RDJ since he's known to be leaving forever next year.
And yes, it could. Especially if T'Challa is killed by a worthy enemy like Doctor Doom and she has to go after him.
I wonder if for Hulk they decide to keep him CG and have him played as a merged Professor Hulk deal, that way they don’t have to deal with his age.

I kinda want to see a She-Hulk some day though

Old 07-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #586
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, but Evan’s more likely leaving for other interests, and although he’s very prominent, I always took it they meant Brie to be more front and center like Stark was.
Well I really hope they've learned their lesson about letting an actor "be front and center like Stark was." If not, Father Mickey's CFO himself will have to intervene.
I don't think people will be making their decision on whether to attend a 2027 MCU film on whether or not Marvel is still paying Brie Larson. Letting actors who demand too much money go won't ruin their cinematic universe.