The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > iZombie

Old 10-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #76
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Veronica Mars alum Percy Daggs III will guest-star in an episode of The CW's upcoming comic book series iZombie, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively. The role will reunite Daggs and Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas, who co-created iZombie.

Loosely based on the comic book series of the same name, iZombie follows Olivia "Liv" Moore (Rose McIver), a medical resident whose life is changed forever when she attends a party that turns into a zombie feeding frenzy. Daggs will play Sean Taylor, a wealthy genius who lives in Seattle. When he gets a job offer in Silicon Valley, he plans to move his wife Penny and 6-year-old stepdaughter Anna there, but then finds himself in a tough custody battle with Anna's father, Everett. But the problem is seemingly solved when Everett is killed.

iZombie will premiere midseason.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/iZombie-...s-1088373.aspx

Old 12-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #77
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

A familiar face is headed to iZombie — TV veteran Steven Weber, who is set to guest star in “at least” two episodes, as reported by Entertainment Weekly. His role is said to be “a charismatic CEO of an energy drink company.”

Weber is best known for his co-starring role as Brian Hackett on all eight seasons of ’90s NBC sitcom Wings, and also appeared in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Brothers & Sisters, TNT’s Dallas, 2 Broke Girls and the titular The Weber Show among numerous other credits. He’s not a stranger to comic book-based fare — he’s the voice of multiple characters including Norman Osborn on Disney XD’s Ultimate Spider-Man animated series — or working with iZombie executive producer Rob Thomas, having guest-starred on the first season of Party Down.

Slated to debut midseason but without a scheduled premiere date, iZombie is loosely based on the comic book series of the same name by Chris Roberson and Mike Allred, which ran from 2010 to 2012 as part of DC Comics’ Vertigo imprint. Rose McIver stars as freshly turned zombie Olivia “Liv” Moore, who uses her ability to gain insight from eating brains to help solve murders.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...r-guest-stint/

Old 12-07-2014, 02:04 AM   #78
Sawyer
High King

https://twitter.com/EricIGN
Quote:
Eric Goldman
‏@EricIGN

iZombie pilot is really fun. Do you like Veronica Mars? Would you enjoy seeing how she dealt with having to eat brains? Then enjoy!
Quote:
Eric Goldman
‏@EricIGN

And the second episode of #iZombie introduces rad comic book style opening credits!
Quote:
Eric Goldman
‏@EricIGN

Okay, two episodes into #iZombie and I am so on board. This is really fun!
https://twitter.com/LauInLA/status/541500057359351808
Quote:
Laura Prudom
‏@LauInLA

#izombie is one of the weirdest shows I've ever seen, but the pilot's pretty cute. (First JtV, now this? Well done pulling off insanity, CW)

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:49 PM   #79
Sawyer
High King

First Look

Want.

Premieres March 17th at 9, After The Flash

http://tvline.com/2015/01/11/izombie...-book-changes/
Quote:
iZombie: Get Scoop on Brains, Undead Sex, Veronica Mars Comparisons
By Matt Webb Mitovich

Fair-haired, voiceover-happy, crime-solving heroines notwithstanding, The CW’s iZombie shares not too much DNA with one Veronica Mars.

Appearing Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, iZombie EP Rob Thomas — aka he who gave us Veronica Mars — detailed the difference in title characters, saying that while Neptune’s plucky sleuth was “hardened” with a “Raymond Chandler-esque, hard-boiled, cynical world view,” iZombie‘s Liv (played by Once Upon a Time‘s Rose McIver) “is more naturally a softer character” hoping to “return to sweetness and light, things worth living for.”

Living being an ironic choice of word, given that Liv — unlike Veronica — is undead, turned into a zombie during a late-night boat party massacre.

Other topics on tap as iZombie’s cast and EPs held court at TCA:

* Liv’s undead look — everyone around assumes she has suddenly gone Goth — is the result of much hair and make-up experimentation. McIver says one version had her character in a “long blonde wig, wheer i looked like an ’80s rock star.” So why does Liv keep pasty when her undead frenemy Blaine (Alias‘ David Anders) goes in for spray tans? For one, “Liv is out and proud,” Thomas says. But also: “It’s because she will look great on our posters.”

* Thomas acknowledges that he “didn’t hew terribly closer to the source material,” that being the iZombie comic books, which among other things feature a whole “monster universe.” “We only have zombies on the show,” he notes. Meanwhile, making Liv an M.E. toiling in a morgue full of brains (versus the comics’ gravedigger) allows for a Case of the Week format, as “psychic” Liv — who absorbs the memories/skills of those whose brains he consumes — helps a local detective.

* Speaking of Liv’s adopted skill sets, McIver says she’s been “terrified” to see what’s thrown at her next, including, for example, speaking Romanian and wielding kung fu moves: “I get text messages asking, ‘Can you do a cartwheel?'”

* Unlike, say, The Walking Dead, iZombie’s charcters are well aware of zombies and many their pop culture iterations. “If there were a zombie attack, what would you do? I’d watch The Walking Dead,” laughs EP Diane Ruggiero-Wright. (Fun fact: When an iZombie victim doesn’t feed, as Liv does, and thus turns gnarly, the show calls that “a Romero.”)

* The brains eaten on the show are made out of coconut gelatin, which McIver and Anders say tastes fine enough on its own, but not so much when they add other ingredients to make it look bloody, or like Chinese food.

* And yes, iZombie’s undead do have sex — Blaine, in fact, has a lot -- though such pleasure comes with a price. “Zombiism night be sexually transmitted,” Ruggerio-Wright shares. How to solve that problem? In Episode 5, Liv will get a “gentleman caller” who’s also a zombie. As such, Thomas cheers, “Her long national nightmare might end!”

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #80
O'Haire
Awesome

Been binge watching Veronica Mars all week. First time seeing it. Looking forward to this even more now.

O'Haire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #81
Daltonio
Avi Arad's Sidekick

I'm not too familiar with the source material, but the footage they released today has me even more interested in this show. The CW has been knocking it out of the park lately, so I'll definitely be giving this one a watch. Can't wait for the premiere.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #82
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

This looks fun. I'm in.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #83
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltonio View Post
I'm not too familiar with the source material, but the footage they released today has me even more interested in this show. The CW has been knocking it out of the park lately, so I'll definitely be giving this one a watch. Can't wait for the premiere.
It's probably better that way since it deviates so much from the source material.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #84
Daltonio
Avi Arad's Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
It's probably better that way since it deviates so much from the source material.
Ah gotcha, didn't realize there were major differences. If I enjoy the show enough, I'll have to go back and read it too.

Old 01-12-2015, 01:06 AM   #85
Sawyer
High King

I'm here more for the show being created by the minds behind Veronica Mars than I am to see an adaptation of the comic. I mean, I would really like to get around to reading the comic, but I love VM.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-12-2015, 05:46 AM   #86
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Normally I'm not into zombies, but I may check this out since it's based on the comic book series. Also from the promo posters, the female lead looks like a zombie version of Smallville Supergirl.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:34 AM   #87
kane9321
oakland's finest

cant wait to see this

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #88
kane9321
oakland's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis4u View Post
yes...

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
kane9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #89
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

It seems like they don't want to embrace the full mythos of iZombie, maybe they will in the future. But it would've been fun to have a big monster mash, ghosts/werewolves/vampires

Old 01-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #90
Urich Leeds
Side-Kick

I'm really excited for this series. I'm not familar with the source material, but Rose McIver is one of my favorite actresses, so it has my attention on that front. And it being a DC/Vertigo property doesn't hurt either.

Urich Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #91
Urich Leeds
Side-Kick

Edit.

Urich Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #92
famicommander
Side-Kick

I'm psyched that they're giving it Flash as a lead in.

With almost all of CW's other shows getting renewed, it looks like it'll be iZombie fighting the M
Messengers for renewal. Considering they fed Messengers to the Friday night death slot, as long as iZombie doesn't totally bomb we should be safe.

I want all these DC/Marvel comics shows to do well so we'll get more of them. I can't stand SHIELD or Carter but I still root for them, and I dig Constantine even though it's all but cancelled already.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:40 PM   #93
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

This really looks like Tru Calling 2.0. Not necessarily a bad thing.

TheComicbookKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #94
THUNDERSTRIKE
NIGHT CREATURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
This really looks like Tru Calling 2.0. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Tru Calling with Eliza Dushku was GREAT... I miss that show... it also had Zach Galifinakis as a regular...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #95
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Is this the same actress from Masters of Sex? If so, I'm in.

Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #96
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

yes it is.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #97
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
It seems like they don't want to embrace the full mythos of iZombie, maybe they will in the future. But it would've been fun to have a big monster mash, ghosts/werewolves/vampires
I can kind of get why they're going for a more streamlined mythology to start with. They want to play with the audience's idea of a zombie show, rather than have the audience think they're getting some sort of zombie/ghost/were-terrier iteration of Being Human.

That said, if they can find a way to layer that stuff in, I'm all for it. The trailer shows both zombie characters unaware that there was anyone else out there like them, so there's no reason to believe ghosts, shapeshifters, etc. can't exist in that world. That could make for a good ending to the first season finale. Surprise both the character and the audience.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #98
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I can kind of get why they're going for a more streamlined mythology to start with. They want to play with the audience's idea of a zombie show, rather than have the audience think they're getting some sort of zombie/ghost/were-terrier iteration of Being Human.

That said, if they can find a way to layer that stuff in, I'm all for it. The trailer shows both zombie characters unaware that there was anyone else out there like them, so there's no reason to believe ghosts, shapeshifters, etc. can't exist in that world. That could make for a good ending to the first season finale. Surprise both the character and the audience.
That's exactly what I thought as well, especially because of that scene alone. I'm sure there's a very good chance some of that stuff will come in down the road, and a modus operandi for most new shows these days are not to overload the shows at the beginning so as not to try and scare viewers away by having them try to take too much in, so that's likely what they're doing here.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #99
Sawyer
High King

I hope it gets the chance to go past it's first season. I hope having The Flash as a lead-in is as beneficial for this show as Arrow was for The 100 last season.

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #100
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I hope it gets the chance to go past it's first season. I hope having The Flash as a lead-in is as beneficial for this show as Arrow was for The 100 last season.
Given that Reign and Jane the Virgin got renewed as Fall shows averaging a 0.46 and a 0.43 respectively, iZombie will probably survive as long as it's over a .4 average. Expectations should be much lower in the Spring, it's a Warner owned property, and they gave it the best lead in they could because they believe in it. It just has to stay ahead of The Messengers and it should get renewed; I could honestly see it being in the .5-.7 range which would make it a hit by CW standards.