The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > iZombie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #101
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,793
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

JtV likely got renewed because of its buzz. It would be insane to get rid of the only show on their network to get a Golden Globe. Reign is probably big overseas, so there is more at play that saved them. If they didn't have those things, they probably would've gotten canceled so iZombie still needs to perform.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:36 PM   #102
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly
 
Black Narcissus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Black Hogwarts
Posts: 25,584
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
yes it is.
That scene with the whiskey. Hnnng.

Anyway, this premise sounds like a lot of fun.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
my momma said my daddy's name was black narcissus

Last edited by Black Narcissus; 01-12-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #103
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,850
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
"Does iZombie share the universe [with Flash and Arrow]?" Pedowitz muses. "We're not sure about that yet."
http://www.adweek.com/news/televisio...eserves-162281

This is the first time I've seen anyone official at DC/CW talk about iZombie possibly being in the Flash/Arrow universe. I had always assumed the shows were definitely NOT in the same universe, so even discussing the possibility in public is a plus for me.

I think they should do it. They don't have to actually cross over (especially not right away) but it could only help iZombie if Flash and Arrow are connected to it. There's probably no story reason for iZombie to do it but there's not much in Flash or Arrow that makes it impossible for iZombie to talk place in its world.

__________________
Arrowverse watching order
famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #104
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,684
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

I think it would be pretty fantastic for the show to cross over. Especially if there are "supernatural" elements that seep into Arrow.

__________________
Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #105
Snow Queen
4AF
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11,212
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

I hope they don't. If you asked me a year ago maybe I'd be more open but not anymore.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #106
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,793
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

It shouldn't and doesn't need to be connected. Not everything that comes from DC or their imprint needs to be connected.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #107
Sawyer
High King
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 98,053
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Yeah, this being connected to either of those shows is kind of unnecessary to me.

__________________
https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/statu...05636392116224
Quote:
Eric Heisserer
@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #108
THUNDERSTRIKE
NIGHT CREATURE
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: floating in a sea of Green Grass and High Tides
Posts: 9,286
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
I hope they don't. If you asked me a year ago maybe I'd be more open but not anymore.
I agree with Snowy... no crossover at all with Flash and Arrow whatsoever...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #109
terry78
I don't die, fool
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 77,502
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Hell, the other networks like to crossover all the time and make it a big ****ing deal. That's their goal.

__________________
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses. - Henry Ford
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #110
Guts
Gul
 
Guts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Terok Nor
Posts: 19,579
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Arrow and Flash are DC and iZombie is Vertigo. Also David Anders was already on an episode of Arrow.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booze Bolton View Post
yo. i rarely get all thangintatical.. but win i read people in xman and deadpolo thread it makes me wonder wha gundamental reason human spices exist
Guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #111
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,850
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

I don't see any downsides to putting iZombie in the Arrowverse.

Like I said, you don't actually have to have characters crossover. I think, especially in iZombie's first season, doing so would overshadow what they're doing on the newer show.

But I can't think of a reason not to put them in-universe. Being from two separate imprints makes it unlikely many characters would have a reason to show up in both places, so one creative team wouldn't be stepping on the toes of the other.

Just minor things like references to Flash/Arrow characters or locations in conversations, TV/radio broadcasts, newspapers, etc could really increase iZombie's profile.

I think they should do anything they can within reason to avoid another Constantine. The more comic book shows that fail, the fewer we will see. iZombie dying could affect the fate of future planned shows like DMZ, Scalped, Lucifer, Global Frequency, etc.

__________________
Arrowverse watching order

Last edited by famicommander; 01-14-2015 at 05:04 PM.
famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #112
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,850
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
Arrow and Flash are DC and iZombie is Vertigo. Also David Anders was already on an episode of Arrow.
Warner owns DC and Vertigo... being from two separate imprints is a meaningless distinction when it comes to TV/movie adaptations.

And nobody would care too much about Anders showing up twice. Most probably wouldn't even notice.

__________________
Arrowverse watching order
famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #113
Guts
Gul
 
Guts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Terok Nor
Posts: 19,579
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Warner owns DC and Vertigo... being from two separate imprints is a meaningless distinction when it comes to TV/movie adaptations.

And nobody would care too much about Anders showing up twice. Most probably wouldn't even notice.
I know that Warner Bros owns DC and Vertigo and the only Vertigo series that I can think of at the top of my head that also take place in the DC universe is Doom Patrol, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and Sandman. If your going to have a crossover with something supernatural from a vertigo series into the same universe with the Arrow and the Flash, then it might as well be one of those three. They can just let iZombie be it's own thing.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booze Bolton View Post
yo. i rarely get all thangintatical.. but win i read people in xman and deadpolo thread it makes me wonder wha gundamental reason human spices exist
Guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #114
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,850
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
I know that Warner Bros owns DC and Vertigo and the only Vertigo series that I can think of at the top of my head that also take place in the DC universe is Doom Patrol, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, and Sandman. If your going to have a crossover with something supernatural from a vertigo series into the same universe with the Arrow and the Flash, then it might as well be one of those three. They can just let iZombie be it's own thing.
Again, I'm not seeing a compelling reason NOT to do it.

It could really help iZombie without hurting the other shows in any way at all.

They don't have to stick to how it is done in the comics. This TV adaptation is already taking tons of liberties with the source material; it's way too late to start being "faithful" now.

__________________
Arrowverse watching order
famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #115
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 15,355
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
Also David Anders was already on an episode of Arrow.
Arrow beat the **** out of Singh before he was giving Flash orders.

__________________
2011: "This movie sucked because of executive meddling."

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:18 PM   #116
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 25,782
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Seems like a more comedic Tru Calling.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #117
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 20,793
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Again, I'm not seeing a compelling reason NOT to do it.

It could really help iZombie without hurting the other shows in any way at all.

They don't have to stick to how it is done in the comics. This TV adaptation is already taking tons of liberties with the source material; it's way too late to start being "faithful" now.
Just saying "Oh! iZombie is in the same universe!" is not going to help anything if there is never a cross over. And not everything needs to be connected.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #118
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,850
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Just saying "Oh! iZombie is in the same universe!" is not going to help anything if there is never a cross over. And not everything needs to be connected.
I think it would absolutely help. It gives people who watch Flash a reason to check out a new show, which will air directly after Flash. It would get people talking about it on social media, in the news, in conversation, on fan sites, etc.

And once iZombie is established, they could do a crossover down the line. The Flash crossover episode of Arrow was the highest rates episode of Arrow ever.

And again, nobody has provided a reason why they shouldn't be in the same universe. There are no downsides. Just because "they don't need to" doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

__________________
Arrowverse watching order
famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #119
Mr.Bananagraber
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bluth Banana Stand
Posts: 82
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Eh, I'm indifferent either way but I really don't see any need to link this show with Arrow/Flash.

Mr.Bananagraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #120
Jason Kane
Side-Kick
 
Jason Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,872
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Just saying "Oh! iZombie is in the same universe!" is not going to help anything if there is never a cross over. And not everything needs to be connected.
Thank you. Homeboy doesn't get it at all

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:32 PM   #121
Jason Kane
Side-Kick
 
Jason Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,872
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
I think it would absolutely help. It gives people who watch Flash a reason to check out a new show, which will air directly after Flash. It would get people talking about it on social media, in the news, in conversation, on fan sites, etc.

And once iZombie is established, they could do a crossover down the line. The Flash crossover episode of Arrow was the highest rates episode of Arrow ever.

And again, nobody has provided a reason why they shouldn't be in the same universe. There are no downsides. Just because "they don't need to" doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
Thank the gods you're not a network executive

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #122
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,616
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bananagraber View Post
Eh, I'm indifferent either way but I really don't see any need to link this show with Arrow/Flash.
Same here.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #123
THUNDERSTRIKE
NIGHT CREATURE
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: floating in a sea of Green Grass and High Tides
Posts: 9,286
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kane View Post
Thank the gods you're not a network executive
thank you for that...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #124
famicommander
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,850
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kane View Post
Thank the gods you're not a network executive
Ah, if it isn't captain "doesn't present a positive argument".

How's that been going for you?

It seems like the only thing you do is state the way you want things to be, and never offer any evidence or arguments to support your position. And when someone says something you don't like, you just post cheap pot shots and plug your ears.

__________________
Arrowverse watching order
famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #125
Mr_336
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Braxiatel Collection
Posts: 521
Default Re: Rob Thomas to bring iZombie to the CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Ah, if it isn't captain "doesn't present a positive argument".

How's that been going for you?

It seems like the only thing you do is state the way you want things to be, and never offer any evidence or arguments to support your position. And when someone says something you don't like, you just post cheap pot shots and plug your ears.
Simmer down slick. You're no better than he is

Mr_336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.