The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 03-15-2014, 12:34 AM   #26
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Default Re: Her Killer Looks Will Freeze You - The Danielle Panabaker Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
The love triangles are the sole reason I stopped watching Arrow. I wanna give this show a chance but you just know theres going to be love triangles... ugh
Love triangles exist in the comics too, and every other piece of literature. Any comic fan or fan in general that says they do not like love triangles or don't get why they are present either hasn't had many relationships or has been with the same partner forever (which isn't a bad thing). Either way one should know that love, drama, etc. is necessary to show the dichotomy of the crime fighting life and ordinary life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
Her sister Kay was the daughter in No Ordinary Family.

Superhero-ing must run in the family.
Wow, that's weird...but typecasted for superhero roles isn't a bad thing lol.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 03-15-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:29 AM   #27
Six
Beast-mode

But soap opera level love triangles aren't required. I don't see why it needs romance in the first place, but if they're gonna do it they should get actors who actually have chemistry together and writers who know what they're doing.

Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #28
Loki882
Side-Kick

Umm, the comics have soap opera love triangles to, in fact that have a lot of soap opera elements. As for why there needs to be romance, romance is an important and natural part of life. If this were one two-hour movie, then maybe you could get away with no romance. But an ongoing TV show, no you need one. Hell, even shows about Mobsters (Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire), serial killers (Dexter), drug lords (Breaking Bad, Miami Vice), etc all had romance, because it's part of life. To not do it would just be dumb.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #29
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
But soap opera level love triangles aren't required. I don't see why it needs romance in the first place, but if they're gonna do it they should get actors who actually have chemistry together and writers who know what they're doing.
Trust me the romance on Arrow and many other CW shows aren't even close to the soaps....I've tried to watch a few when I was home sick and that acting combined with the cheesy music and cloudy filter just makes for awful television. However, as an aspiring actor I wouldn't turn down a job to be even if on a soap lol.

Plus, if you think about it sex and romance are a definite when you have a show about fighting crime, violence, heroics, etc. As Loki said it's natural for those elements to occur when the characters are engaging in activities that excite the emotions which lead to sex, passion and romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Umm, the comics have soap opera love triangles to, in fact that have a lot of soap opera elements. As for why there needs to be romance, romance is an important and natural part of life. If this were one two-hour movie, then maybe you could get away with no romance. But an ongoing TV show, no you need one. Hell, even shows about Mobsters (Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire), serial killers (Dexter), drug lords (Breaking Bad, Miami Vice), etc all had romance, because it's part of life. To not do it would just be dumb.
Truth!

Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #30
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

I think the Flash mythos so far lends itself well to romantic storylines:

The theme of Terminal Velocity was that your loved one is your constant and the thing that keeps you grounded. This was carried over to the rest of the Flash mythos when they referred to the significant people in your life as "lightning rods" that help you find your way back when you're stuck in the Speed Force.

My fiance enjoys pointing out that the theme of Flashpoint Paradox is to eventually leave your mother behind and choose to be with your wife.

If Killer Frost is to be used as a villain in the show, she'd bring something interesting to the Flash mythos in that she'll crave the Flash as an energy source (like with Firestorm in the comics). In other words, kind of like that clingy ex-gf you can't move on from.

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:48 AM   #31
DaKid
Banned User

Well... I just hope we get Metahuman badass Captain Cold.

DaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #32
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumugats View Post
I think the Flash mythos so far lends itself well to romantic storylines:

The theme of Terminal Velocity was that your loved one is your constant and the thing that keeps you grounded. This was carried over to the rest of the Flash mythos when they referred to the significant people in your life as "lightning rods" that help you find your way back when you're stuck in the Speed Force.

My fiance enjoys pointing out that the theme of Flashpoint Paradox is to eventually leave your mother behind and choose to be with your wife.

If Killer Frost is to be used as a villain in the show, she'd bring something interesting to the Flash mythos in that she'll crave the Flash as an energy source (like with Firestorm in the comics). In other words, kind of like that clingy ex-gf you can't move on from.

Um Was the Flash married in that show? And/or was his relationship with Iris even really an important topic? It's been awhile since I've seen that movie.

Wow your fiance must've really been itching to point that out to you lol. I sure as heck did not take that away from the movie lol.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #33
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Um Was the Flash married in that show? And/or was his relationship with Iris even really an important topic? It's been awhile since I've seen that movie.

Wow your fiance must've really been itching to point that out to you lol. I sure as heck did not take that away from the movie lol.
The relationship with Iris was more subtly approached. She was his one confidante in the original timeline and they made it a point that he lost her in the Flashpoint universe when she was married to another man.

He was also married in Flashpoint Paradox. In fact, the number one "proof" that one of the themes is leaving your mother behind to eventually be with your wife was when his wedding memory with Iris was replaced by a memory of him being at home with his mom.

But I agree with you. I really think my fiance was reaching.

-FRINGE
Old 03-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #34
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Wow...never looked at it that way. Yeah she was reaching lol, but still an insightful observation. I'll make sure not to watch that movie with my girl, though I doubt she will pull that comparison out...then again she never misses a chance to tell me how I would rather be with my mother than her lol.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #35
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I like Danielle as an actress she has always been solid but I'm curious how KillerFrost will play out as a regular. It is exciting thinking about the possibilities because she could be Barry's confidant, lover, and frienenemy.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #36
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Will any characters from The Flash pilot show up in Episode 19?
GUGGENHEIM: Yes. The reason I’ve been holding off on Tweeting the title page for Episode 19 is that 19 is co-written by Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, the team behind The Flash, and I felt like, if I Tweeted that, the jig would be up. Little did I know, the jig would get out itself. But Danielle Panabaker, who plays Caitlin, and Carlos Valdes, who plays Cisco, two members of Star Labs that are part of the regular cast of The Flash, do make an important appearance in Episode 19 of Arrow. This was something that really came about because Barry was in a coma at the end of Episode 9 and that made it impossible for Barry to appear in Episode 19 or 20 of Arrow. He’s gotta stay in a coma until October of next year. But, the idea of bringing in those characters really appealed to us because it allowed us to honor our original intention that we had at the beginning of the year, to do something Flash-related in Episode 19 or 20, without having comatose Barry and paying Grant Gustin a lot of money to sit around with his eyes closed, unconscious for the whole episode. We wrote that episode and it’s really boring. But this episode is really cool and it allows us to further flesh out The Flash universe in Arrow. We get to see their dynamic. They actually shot their scenes for the Arrow episode, contemporaneous with shooting The Flash pilot. Both Episode 19 and The Flash were in production at the exact same time. That isn’t why we did it. That was an added producing/logistical complication. But, it’s just so much fun to see these characters. It’s like previewing Boba Fett in the holiday special. Hopefully, Episode 19 will be a little bit better than the holiday special, but you can see the analogy.

Read more at http://collider.com/marc-guggenheim-...YSrtWAr31sr.99
i'm not sure if he's referring to those two, but it suggests at least a lot of interplay between Vibe and Killer Frost (kind of a given since both of them work at STAR Labs).

I'm guessing she'll kind of be a frenemy/confidante before transitioning into Killer Frost.

-FRINGE
Old 04-04-2014, 01:58 AM   #37
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Screencap by flashfans.org from the promo of next episode of Arrow:

-FRINGE
Old 05-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #38
Heretic
Side-Kick

There aren't a whole lot of women that I find more attractive than her...so this is a definite plus.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #39
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Hey....hey....you guys remember when she was in that Sky High movie? Neheh.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:38 AM   #40
Nathan

I wonder how long she'll be a supporting character, before they turn her into Killer Frost.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #41
luis4u
Side-Kick

luis4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #42
luis4u
Side-Kick

Old 06-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #43
herolee10
No More Miracles

In appearance alone, she looks like she could have portrayed Iris West as well if they had gone with the comic book route.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #44
luis4u
Side-Kick

Old 06-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #45
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

So. . . have they actually confirmed that she will be a villain? Or is it totally possibly that in this world, "Killer Frost" will be heroic, or perhaps a neutral scientist-with-powers?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #46
luis4u
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
So. . . have they actually confirmed that she will be a villain? Or is it totally possibly that in this world, "Killer Frost" will be heroic, or perhaps a neutral scientist-with-powers?
I think she will be a red herring similar too felicity being firestorm step mother

Old 06-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #47
Loki882
Side-Kick

The big difference of course is that comic book Felicity is an extremely minor character in the comics, and Felicity was original meant to be the same in the show (until she got really popular). Caitlin, on the other hand, is a main character on the show living in a city that essentially becomes ground zero for metahuman activity in the world, and she has a close connection to Barry. They're even giving her a "tragic backstory," with her fiancé being killed in the explosion at STAR Labs. They've set it up perfectly. Plus, there's so much potential for drama with one of Barry's best friends becoming a supervillain that I just cannot see them passing up the chance.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #48
luis4u
Side-Kick

Quote:
The big difference of course is that comic book Felicity is an extremely minor character in the comics, and Felicity was original meant to be the same in the show (until she got really popular). Caitlin, on the other hand, is a main character on the show living in a city that essentially becomes ground zero for metahuman activity in the world, and she has a close connection to Barry. They're even giving her a "tragic backstory," with her fiancé being killed in the explosion at STAR Labs. They've set it up perfectly. Plus, there's so much potential for drama with one of Barry's best friends becoming a supervillain that I just cannot see them passing up the chance.
But killer frost is a legacy villain

Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #49
luis4u
Side-Kick

Quote:
But killer frost is a legacy villain. Caitlin is more like an anti hero spoilers from forever evil

Old 07-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #50
Ryder
Side-Kick

Quote:
But killer frost is a legacy villain. Caitlin is more like an anti hero spoilers from forever evil
Anything could happen, that what makes this character interesting.

Anyway the character, Dr Caitlin Snow seems interesting from what I have seen of the Flash show so far, and the actress seems well cast in the role. Really excited to see how the character develops.

Last edited by Ryder; 07-20-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote