The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 11-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #26
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker

the stream via twitch is on demand there now in the article its self you can watch through there since it's been made viewable o their past broad cast's. hopefully they put it up on Youtube as well.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-24-2014 at 04:13 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #27
zenith16
Side-Kick

this was also put up tonight

Tracking Treasure with Captain Toad

Shaun catches up with Nintendo's Matt Ryan to find out what players can expect from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

source: EPN.TV

Old 12-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #28
zenith16
Side-Kick

• GI Rating 8.25
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

on Dec 01, 2014 at 09:35 AM

Nintendo got an amazing amount of mileage out of this simple concept, and none of Captain Toad’s 70+ levels feel repetitive or boring.
    ... More

Old 12-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #29
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Good looking reviews. At 40 bucks, I might have to pick this up.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #30
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

The Canadian Amazon is offering a free Amiibo with the purchase of Captain Toad, so I couldn't pass that up. I mean, the game is already a good price, and that just sweetens the deal.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Perfect Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:42 PM   #31
zenith16
Side-Kick

last of the video Reviews

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Review
Is the new Captain Toad game a treasure, or should it hit the track? Vic and Scott let us know in their review.

Vic's Score 8.0/10 ( he enjoyed loved it) & Scott's Score 6.5/ 10 (Fair play it & see if you like it your selves. That's what that always means & remember Scott's a difficult person )

source: EPN.TV & Giant BOMB

Old 12-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #32
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I'm fairly annoyed right now. I pre-ordered this from K-Mart (online), because they had a promotion that allowed you to get $10 of credit for pre-ordering if you signed up for a trial of their Shop Your Way thing (their Prime thingy). Didn't get the game today or yesterday, and it just tells me it's processing on the website, no shipping information or tracking.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #33
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Just got an e-mail that said it was out of stock and on backorder. Had this mother****er pre-ordered since July. Stupid K-Mart, I'm going to cancel it and go somewhere else. They can keep their filthy $10 bonus, that's dirty money to me.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #34
Silvermoth
Avenger

That's annoying.

I can't wait for it to come out here. I'm way more excited for this than smash brothers which is the one everyone seemed to be talking about

Old 01-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #35
Silvermoth
Avenger

Urgh, the wait for this game is killing me! It won't come out here until tomorrow and I'm so ready.

Honestly for me it's 2015's most anticipated game.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #36
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I finally picked this up today. Not played a whole lot, but I've definitely enjoyed it as much as I hope. The first few levels alone are starting to get more elaborate than 3D World, so I have high hopes.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #37
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Bought it today myself. Played for about 10 minutes before my girlfriend decided it looked like the best time ever and took it away. She's been playing almost non-stop ever since.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:07 AM   #38
Silvermoth
Avenger

Finally got it! It's adorable. I love it. I would already happily preorder a sequel

Old 01-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #39
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

I've been contemplating whether to get this game or the Hyrule Warriors game, since I spent too much on Amiibo figures I don't want to buy too many games as well. I wish this has some Amiibo support like Hyrule Warriors so I can make some use out of the figures.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #40
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Captain Toad is going to have amiibo support, they just haven't announced what capacity yet.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #41
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, should be coming sometime this month if I'm not mistaken. Plus, it's $20 cheaper than Hyrule Warriors. I did like HW more than I expected to, but...it's a pretty specific kind of game, honestly.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #42
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Yeah, should be coming sometime this month if I'm not mistaken. Plus, it's $20 cheaper than Hyrule Warriors. I did like HW more than I expected to, but...it's a pretty specific kind of game, honestly.
So you would recommend this game over Hyrule Warriors? Btw, if this game is going to have Amiibo support, then where is the Capt. Toad Amiibo figure?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 01-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #43
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

There isn't an amiibo for Captain Toad, it'll use some other pre-existing figures. Just because a game has amiibo support doesn't mean every character it features will have an amiibo. Case in point, less than half of the characters in both Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8, for instance, actually have amiibo figures.

As far as recommendation goes, I guess the question I'd have to ask is if you ever played Dynasty Warriors (or Samurai Warriors), and what it is that you thought of those games. It's basically just one rather mindless hack 'n slash where you endlessly kill enemies in huge waves. It can be fun, but definitely not for everyone. I would say Captain Toad is a bit more of a safe recommendation. It's a fun, quirky little puzzle game that uses the Gamepad in a lot of fun ways. It's only one player, though, whereas HW is co-op, if that has any bearing on your decision.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #44
Raiden
Wakanda Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
There isn't an amiibo for Captain Toad, it'll use some other pre-existing figures. Just because a game has amiibo support doesn't mean every character it features will have an amiibo. Case in point, less than half of the characters in both Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8, for instance, actually have amiibo figures.

As far as recommendation goes, I guess the question I'd have to ask is if you ever played Dynasty Warriors (or Samurai Warriors), and what it is that you thought of those games. It's basically just one rather mindless hack 'n slash where you endlessly kill enemies in huge waves. It can be fun, but definitely not for everyone. I would say Captain Toad is a bit more of a safe recommendation. It's a fun, quirky little puzzle game that uses the Gamepad in a lot of fun ways. It's only one player, though, whereas HW is co-op, if that has any bearing on your decision.
Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately, I do try to get as many games with multiplayer option as possible since I have more than one kid who wants to play. That doesn't mean I won't get Capt. Toad, but it does factor into my decision-making between these two games.

RIP Vartha
Old 01-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #45
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Then I would give an edge to Hyrule Warriors then, although I would recommend at least watching some videos of it before you buy it. In general, it was received alright, but I think a lot of Zelda fans were sort of caught off guard by the type of game it is.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 PM   #46
zenith16
Side-Kick

Just Played

Digging Deeper with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Captain Toad’s lack of popularity is a puzzle in itself! We take some time to talk it out.
Views: 2,378 | Posted: 01/08/2015

source: GT

Old 03-09-2018, 03:32 AM   #47
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS, Switch
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker coming to Switch and 3DS
Published 10 hours ago. 3 comments.
Quote:
Includes new courses based on Super Mario Odyssey.

Nintendo is bringing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker to Switch and 3DS, the company announced. It will launch on July 13.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which originally launched for Wii U, is coming to Nintendo Switch. The new version includes new miniature courses based on various Kingdoms in the Super Mario Odyssey game. Also, anyone can play with a friend or family member by sharing a pair of Joy-Con controllers. While one player controls Captain Toad, the other can assist with things like turnip cover fire. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker launches for Nintendo Switch on July 13.
A Nintendo 3DS version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which includes stereoscopic 3D visuals and touch-screen controls, also launches on July 13.
Watch the first footage of the new ports below (from 20:34 to 21:38).

View a set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

source: Gematsu

Old 03-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #48
Silvermoth
Avenger

Yaaas Toad is the real MVP. I hope this means he can get a sequel though. Bit sad getting the same game again

Old 05-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #49
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS, Switch
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Switch and 3DS ‘What kind of game is Captain Toad?’ trailer
Published 2 days ago. 13 comments.

Quote:
Find your way to the Power Star.

Nintendo has released a new trailer for the upcoming Switch and 3DS versions of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker titled, “What kind of game is Captain Toad?”
The trailer outlines the following way to play:
  1. Try to get to the Power Star
  2. Rotate the course to discover the way there
  3. Move around platforms to discover the way there
  4. Reach the goal
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker features over 70 courses, including Super Mario Odyssey-themed miniature courses, as well as two-player Joy-Con co-op play. It will launch for Switch and 3DS worldwide on July 13.

Watch the trailer below.

source: Gematsu

Old 06-21-2018, 04:12 AM   #50
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS, Switch
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Switch and 3DS demos now available
Published 17 hours ago. 14 comments.

Quote:
Try out the new ports ahead of their July 13 release.

A demo for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is now available for Switch and 3DS via the Nintendo eShop.

The demo is currently only available in Europe and Japan, but should soon be available on the North American Nintendo eShop as well.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker features over 70 courses, including Super Mario Odyssey-themed miniature courses, as well as two-player Joy-Con co-op play. It will launch for Switch and 3DS worldwide on July 13.

source:Gematsu