The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 05-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #51
Joe Von Zombie
Back in college

Default Re: The Official Metroid Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Nonetheless, Nintendo has done their best since to pretend the Metroid Prime games never happened. Comments about timelines that drop them, etc. Maybe its just the Metroid division that hates Retro, I don't know.
Nintendo doesn't particularly care about the IP, that's the issue. They arguably haven't since the release of Fusion.

Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #52
zenith16
Side-Kick

Good to see this make come back. they keapt their promise . Got two articles

Switch
Metroid Prime 4 announced for Switch
Published 5 hours ago. 109 comments.

Quote:
"Now in development."

Metroid Prime 4 is in development for Switch, Nintendo announced during its E3 2017 spotlight showcase.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Nintendo:
Metroid Prime 4 (Working Title) is in Development for Nintendo Switch
A new game in the critically-acclaimed Metroid Prime series is currently in development for the Nintendo Switch system. “Metroid Prime 4 (Working Title) returns to the first-person adventure roots of the original Metroid Prime game and introduces a new storyline that ties together the events of the Metroid Prime universe and takes the storyline in new directions,” according to series producer Kensuke Tanaba. Tanabe is leading the project together with a talented new development team, and they are hard at work bringing the action, isolation, and exploration of the Metroid Prime universe to life on Nintendo Switch.
Features
  • Metroid Prime 4 (Working Title) returns to the first-person adventure roots of the original Metroid Prime game and introduces a new storyline that ties together the events of the Metroid Prime universe and takes the storyline in new directions.
  • The Project is being led by series producer Kensuke Tanaba and a talented new development team. Together, they are hard at work bringing the action, isolation, and exploration of the Metroid Prime universe to life on Nintendo Switch.
Watch the announcement teaser below.

Read More

Switch,Clips,E3 2017,FPS,Game Announce,Metroid Prime 4,Nintendo,Shooter,Trailers[

Also with

3DS
Metroid: Samus Returns announced for 3DS
Published 4 hours ago. 95 comments.

Quote:
A reimagining of the Game Boy classic Metroid II: Return of Samus.

Nintendo announced Metroid: Samus Returns for 3DS during its E3 2017 Treehouse live stream.

It is developed by MercurySteam and will launch on September 15.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Nintendo:
A Classic Metroid Adventure Returns, Rebuilt from the Ground U p!
Brave the hostile terrain of an alien planet teeming with vicious life forms as legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran. Her mission? Terminate the Metroid menace in this masterful reimagining of her 1991 Game Boy adventure. Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities that are sure to help her face the deadly surprises that await. This intense, side-scrolling action platformer is a great entry point into the Metroid franchise and perfect for returning fans as well, and it’s available only on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Features
  • This intense, side-scrolling action platformer has been completely remade with engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric color palette.
  • Classic Metroid II: Return of Samus gameplay is joined by a wealth of new content, including a set of brand new abilities that utilizes a mysterious energy resource called “Aeion,” a powerful melee counterattack, and 360-degree Free Aim Mode.
  • There are plenty of secrets to find—and if you uncover enough of them, you may even star to unravel the mystery of Planet SR388’s past.
  • Two new amiibo figures—Samus Aran and Metroid—will be released a set alongside the game. This game is also compatible with the Zero Suit Samus and Samus amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series. Functionality details will be revealed at a later date.
  • While supplies last, fans will be able to purchase a special edition of the game, which includes a physical copy of the game, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, and a reversible title-sheet insert for the game case.
Watch the announcement trailer below.

View the first screenshots, artwork, and final box art at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Clips, E3 2017, Game Announce, MercurySteam, Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo, Screenshots, Trailers

source: Gematsu

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #53
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I seriously have no clue why they haven't given us a new 2D version with updated graphics on the 3DS? It seems like such a no-brainer.
lol, and after all these years, this finally came to fruition.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #54
Joe Von Zombie
Back in college

Thank you for making me eat my words Nintendo.

Joe Von Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #55
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS
35 minutes of Metroid: Samus Returns gameplay
Published 1 hour ago. 5 comments.

Quote:
An extended look at the Metroid II reimagining.

Following its announcement earlier today, Nintendo debuted 35 minutes of gameplay from Metroid: Samus Returns during its E3 2017 Treehouse live stream.

The MercurySteam-developed game is a reimagining of Metroid II: Return of Samus featuring a “wealth” of new content, including a set of new abilities, a powerful melee counterattack, and a 360-degree “Free Aim Mode.”

Metroid: Samus Returns will launch for 3DS on September 15.
Watch the footage below. (Footage begins at 10:25, ends at 45:05.)

Read More

3DS,Clips,E3 2017,Gameplay,MercurySteam,Metroid: Samus Returns,Nintendo

source:
Gematsu

Old 06-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #56
Solidus
Knights of Ren

Finally!!!! I am so excited! Even though Prime is probably years off, I'm still glad to hear about it. It's been 10 years since the last one.

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #57
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

That was the second weakest announcement of a big game ever (Console Pokemon is #1), and I don't really care. Because its awesome. But still funny as hell.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #58
Solidus
Knights of Ren

Yeah it was really not much of anything but just to confirm they are working on Prime 4 had me smiling from ear to ear.

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #59
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That was the second weakest announcement of a big game ever (Console Pokemon is #1), and I don't really care. Because its awesome. But still funny as hell.
Saw a funny quote.

"Still going to see it before the RE 2 remaster."

Do have the urge to pick up the Metroid Prime Trilogy on the e-shop.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #60
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

A title card and that's it. No information. Ha. It will be released at some point I guess.

AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:55 AM   #61
zenith16
Side-Kick

E3 2017: Reggie Fils-Aime Explains Early Reveal of Metroid Prime 4

Thursday, June 15th, 2017
The Nintendo of America President explains the surprise, but still early, reveal.Read more

Quote:
Thursday, June 15th, 2017

Without a doubt the biggest surprise of Nintendo’s E3 Spotlight was the reveal of Metroid Prime 4 for Nintendo Switch. While details are scarce fans were not only ecstatic to see return of the series on consoles, but also relieved the series had not been permanently shelved. Needless to say, most everyone is happy, but some were curious why Nintendo revealed the project relatively early, since more recent game reveals from the company are usually accompanied with gameplay. IGN asked Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime about the current state of events.
For certain games, games that will be in development for, let’s call it a decent amount of time, like Metroid Prime 4 — also, given that it’s a franchise that we know people have been very eager to get some news — that’s when, fine, we’ll share it. We’ll share it early. Others, we want to hold closer in and reveal it when the gameplay is going to be available. It literally is game by game, title by title, how we make that decision.
It’s not surprising given the unbelievably negative reaction to the spin-off title Metroid Prime: Federation Force. With the announcement of both this upcoming Switch title, Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS and brand new Metroid and Samus amiibo, the series is back in a much more positive spotlight.
SOURCE

source: Operation Rainfall

Old 06-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #62
OcStat
Side-Kick

So I bought a Switch on day one. Caught some flack from my friends for being an early adopter..."Bro why you gonna buy a console for one game?" I said, well first off that game is Legend of Zelda so get outta here, and second, I'm waiting for Metroid Prime. "Ahhaha don't hold your breath".

Had some other things come up, and a huge backlog, so unfortunately I had never even opened the Switch, and sold it about a month ago. I was a little apprehensive about it, a little bummed, but told myself "Better to finish this PS3/PS4 backlog, and give the console your full attention. And plus more games will be out by then. I'll rebuy one when they release Metroid!"

When I saw this bare-bones trailer, the music and sound effects alone had my grinning like an idiot. I am very excited for this game.

Not as excited for Samus Returns, but I have the GameBoy virtual console title on my wishlist and will most likely check it out.

It is kind of amazing how I've bought several Nintendo consoles for specific games or a select few titles. They really are that good. I've been on and off the Nintendo train more times than I can count but they always find a way to bring me back in.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #63
zenith16
Side-Kick

Metroid: Samus Returns Devs On The Likelihood Of A 2D Metroid Game For The Switch. June 16, 2017 . 8:00am

Metroid producer Yoshio Sakamoto discussed the inspiration behind the game’s art style as well as if there is any possibility of a 2D Metroid coming to the Nintendo Switch.

35 comments Read >

Quote:

Earlier this week during E3, Nintendo revealed Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS. Metroid producer Yoshio Sakamoto has sat down with Gamespot to talk a little bit about the game. Sakamoto touched on a variety of topics, including the inspiration behind the game’s art style, if he had ever thought of ideas for a 2D Metroid 3DS game, and if there is any possibility of a 2D Metroid coming to the Nintendo Switch.

First off, Sakamoto addressed the game’s art style with the following:
“For myself, my answer would be, of course, we wanted to incorporate a lot of varied animation. We wanted to make it look as good as we could and we thought really the polygonal art style was much more suited toward what we wanted to be the look of the game.
I think another merit of using polygons was that, because the games in 3D, we wanted to be able to look at things from a variety of different angles and we wanted to create what we think are these very dramatic and cool cut scenes.”

Next, when asked if he ever had any ideas for creating a 2D Metroid game on the Nintendo 3DS, Sakamoto said this:
“I always thought that the use of the two screens, one for gameplay and one for sort of a submenu or map screen was a really special feature of both the DS and the 3DS.
By the time we were ready to start development on this project, the 3DS was the platform, so it came out originally intended for the 3DS. Not just because of the timing, but we also were like, wow, this 3D feature is something we really want to use.
There’s something else the DS couldn’t do, the incorporation of an analog stick allowed us to incorporate the free aim mechanic.”

Finally, Sakamoto commented on the likelihood that fans would ever see a 2D Metroid come to the Nintendo Switch:
“We are always, always thinking about ways that we can excite the fans of the series and come up with stuff that they will want to see and play, and we love that challenge, but there’s nothing we can discuss in terms of Switch at this point. Yeah, we’ll discuss it. (laughs)”

You can read the full interview here.

Read more stories about Metroid: Samus Returns & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 06-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #64
zenith16
Side-Kick

It's bit obvious. But that's all there is for now

Quote:
Yes!!!

During the Nintendo Spotlight presentation for E3 2017, it was revealed that Nintendo was working on a Pokemon RPG and bringing back Metroid with Metroid Prime 4, both for the Nintendo Switch. Neither game came with many details, but luckily, post-event interviews have shed some light on the upcoming projects.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed to Bloomberg that the upcoming Pokemon game for Nintendo Switch will be a "traditional find, battle, train type experience." This suggests that we will indeed be seeing a game modeled after the handheld games we have come to love!
As for Metroid Prime 4, the game will be "a first-person adventure."

We will likely be waiting a long while before we see more information detailing these games, but that's OK. Our excitement will be steadfast!
IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
METROIDNINTENDO SWITCHPOKEMON

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 06-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #65
zenith16
Side-Kick

• NEWSNintendo clarifies Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon RPG, Yoshi and Kirby on Nintendo Switch as a '2018 and beyond' release Yesterday at 11:03 am

Yesterday, an interview with Nintendo of America corporate communications director Charlie Scibetta..
    Read more

• Quote:
    There it is. The crushing clarification

• Yesterday, an interview with Nintendo of America corporate communications director Charlie Scibetta revealed that Metroid Prime 4, the Pokemon RPG, Yoshi, and Kirby will be releasing in 2018. Unfortunately, that interview has been amended to include a clarification that pushes the games back.
    According to a newly added note, Nintendo clarified that Scibetta meant “2018 and beyond” when speaking on Metroid Prime 4, the Pokemon RPG, Yoshi, and Kirby.
    The current working title for Kirby is Kirby 2018, which suggests that this game might make the 2018 cut. The Yoshi game also came with a 2018 release window in the view. Unfortunately, neither Pokemon nor Metroid Prime 4 came with a release window.
    It's possible all of these titles will be shifted to a later date or see a staggered release with one game releasing per quarter.
Quote:
IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
NINTENDO SWITCH

Old 06-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #66
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I really don't understand why they didn't make Return of Samus crossgen between Switch and 3DS. I can't imagine it would have been that difficult. I mean, I am still getting it and I'm still glad the franchise is finally back, but it's like Nintendo just couldn't do it without ****ing up something.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:38 PM   #67
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I really don't understand why they didn't make Return of Samus crossgen between Switch and 3DS. I can't imagine it would have been that difficult. I mean, I am still getting it and I'm still glad the franchise is finally back, but it's like Nintendo just couldn't do it without ****ing up something.
ooh. A Switch version would have been nice!!

Old 06-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #68
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Because making only on the 3DS they can get away with lower resolution.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #69
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Quote:

Old 06-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #70
Soapy
Side-Kick

Get the **** outta here hating on WE DO IT!

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #71
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post

Well, at least he is enthusiastic. Also got a shirt made and everything.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:26 PM   #72
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Prime 4 is still going to come out before it.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:57 AM   #73
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Because making only on the 3DS they can get away with lower resolution.
Nah, Metroid fans are starved as hell. No one would complain if the Switch version was just a lazily uprezzed version of the 3DS version.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #74
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS
Castlevania Producer: Season 2 written, Assassin's Creed adaptation to be "dope"; Wishful thinking dark Metroid anime Today at 1:27 pm

Netflix recently debuted their adaptation of Konami's Castlevania and it was such a success, it was greenlit...Read more

Old 07-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #75
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Keep that guy away from Metroid.