The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #301
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Marvel doesn't own the rights to the Skrulls? I figured that would be the most logical option (Skrulls invasion) for Phase 4.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #302
samsnee
Side-Kick

I feel like Marvel needs to start going "smaller", i.e. more personal. Like how they did with Ant-man and hopefully Spider-man. You look at a movie like Civil War, and you have to wonder how can you really top that? How many times can you save the world/universe?

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #303
BeserkerHilf
Side-Kick

That's the beauty of it. Spoilers for Civil War: They go from saving the world from Ultron to
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the misdirect of Zemo's plan of hijacking five Winter Soldier experiments to topple the world over covering up that he actually just wants to bring Tony, Steve, and Bucky to an isolated location to destroy The Avengers from within.

It's a huge world-traversing story, but it's still a smaller story.

The Stack Podcast - A Pop-Culture Junkies podcast not limited to comics.
BeserkerHilf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:55 AM   #304
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I feel like Marvel needs to start going "smaller", i.e. more personal. Like how they did with Ant-man and hopefully Spider-man. You look at a movie like Civil War, and you have to wonder how can you really top that? How many times can you save the world/universe?
I think they've managed a pretty good balance so far, but I agree, and I think they constantly have to remember to pull things back.

When I was watching Dark World, I couldn't help thinking: "This isn't what I want in a Thor movie. I want to see him on Earth - a God among men. I don't care about Asgard, I don't know the rules, the visuals are too much etc."

Then Winter Soldier came out and worked great.

Comic books work because they have a certain simplicity - Here's the good guy, here's the bad guy, they fight, good guy wins, yay!

They have to find ways to keep things interesting, but the answer shouldn't always be bigger, louder, more spectacular, more action. In fact, I'd argue that trying to do too much, particularly toward the climax, is one of the biggest problems with films that don't work well.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #305
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
When I was watching Dark World, I couldn't help thinking: "This isn't what I want in a Thor movie. I want to see him on Earth - a God among men. I don't care about Asgard, I don't know the rules, the visuals are too much etc."
That's pretty funny. I know I and many other people couldn't help thinking "This isn't what I want in a Thor movie. I want to see him on Asgard. A hero in a mysterious world of Gods and monsters. I don't care about Jane or Darcy, this is all boring stuff I see all the time, I want to see alien landscapes and Jack Kirby weirdness etc."

I guess different people have different tastes.

I really felt like Jane was a walking mcguffin devoid of personality, Darcy and her intern really weren't funny. I cringed when everyone was tossing items in the portal/space distortion thingy and the guy lost the car keys. All the while we barely saw anything of the nine realms, and Malekith's entire motivation was taken out of the movie. Thor on earth to learn about humility and to be this God among men is fine for the origin story, but after that I'd really appreciate to see more along the lines of the scene where Thor, Loki, Sif and the Warriors Three went to Jotunheim, with strange beasts, real displays of Mjolnir's power, cool visuals like the bifrost and elements of the mythology like Odin arriving on Sleipnir. I want it to be a real Journey into Mystery.

To each their own, I guess.

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:25 PM   #306
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Marvel doesn't own the rights to the Skrulls? I figured that would be the most logical option (Skrulls invasion) for Phase 4.
They are packaged with Fantastic Four apparently.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #307
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
They are packaged with Fantastic Four apparently.
That's a shame. With about everyone established by the time Phase 4 comes around, I feel like a Skrull invasion storyline could really work well on screen. The who's who aspect would have been talking for a while.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:41 PM   #308
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

I hope Fox makes a deal around F4 and XMen.

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #309
MbJ
Side-Kick

Doctor Strange prelude hints at two possible Phase 4 additions.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #310
Lord
All Mighty

Considering Marvel's known problem with villains, the idea of the next few phases being more about villains assembling could be an interesting way to fix that. Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man will probably not be limited by trilogies, while Black Panther and Doctor Stranger will probably get sequels, therefore, Phase IV doesn't realy need to worry as much about introducing new heroes.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #311
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Considering Marvel's known problem with villains, the idea of the next few phases being more about villains assembling could be an interesting way to fix that. Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man will probably not be limited by trilogies, while Black Panther and Doctor Stranger will probably get sequels, therefore, Phase IV doesn't realy need to worry as much about introducing new heroes.
Except for the addition of the F4...and developing Doom to be the screen's single greatest villain...EVER!!!!

Old 08-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #312
Lord
All Mighty

The F4 are coming back to Marvel? Not sure i can trust those rumors.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #313
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
The F4 are coming back to Marvel? Not sure i can trust those rumors.
It's just wishful thinking....most of us assume/hope the F4 will be back at Marvel by phase 4

Old 08-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #314
MbJ
Side-Kick

People on here also assumed it'd be announced at Comic Con and we saw how that worked out...

Still thinking Runaways is likely.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #315
NHawk19
insert witty comment

bump

At the conclusion of IFW Marvel will have capped with the biggest single crossover ever. Do we think they'll build towards something else like Thanos in the future or stick with New Introductions, Team ups and cross-overs with no readily apparent Big Bad?

I'm guessing Phase 4 will not provide a big bad. They'll calm down some and try to re-build starting in Phase 5. If they even continue to use a "Phase" system.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #316
Lord
All Mighty

Even though i agree with scaling back, i frankly hope they don't drop the "Phases" system. To me, that has the risk of going the way the bond series went after it dealt completely with the Blofeld storyline, in which they made one-shot stories that mostly were more of the same we had seen before, but without a slowly building storyline in the background to help keep interest during the worse films.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 03-22-2017, 02:28 PM   #317
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Someone predict the Phase IV villains!

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #318
MbJ
Side-Kick

Gorr the God Butcher.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #319
NHawk19
insert witty comment

I'm game. So we start with the question of what will Phase IV be. Typically there are 6 movies per phase. Having no idea what the plan is after IFW These are my pics for movies and guesses.

Guessing at this point they'll be

GOTG3 - I have no idea. Could be anything. Though it would be the place to establish a few larger items for the universe to branch out towards.
SM 2 - I'd love to see KingPin, Controlling Norman Osborn, and Kurt Conners at least mentioned. If the netflix shows are ever going to tie in this would be the place. The Sony situation will make it difficult.
BP 2 - I don't know this world enough to even guess.
DrS 2 - If he hasn't already after IFW he'll definitely catch the attention of some more prominent & powerful magical entities. I'd say introduce the Vishanti, and maybe check in on Mordo.
CM 2 - No idea who her first movie villain is but if she heads back out to space how about Brood Queen, and Chthon.
(New Intro) Not even sure who to guess here I know many want FF4 but I doubt it. If it's FF4 you have to get Doom or Namor in there. This is a wild card spot though so it could be anything from Squirrel Girl to S.W.O.R.D.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:34 PM   #320
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHawk19 View Post
bump

At the conclusion of IFW Marvel will have capped with the biggest single crossover ever. Do we think they'll build towards something else like Thanos in the future or stick with New Introductions, Team ups and cross-overs with no readily apparent Big Bad?

I'm guessing Phase 4 will not provide a big bad. They'll calm down some and try to re-build starting in Phase 5. If they even continue to use a "Phase" system.
I don't want any tease. I'd much rather it end with everything coming full circle. It'll be a fresh start from there on out.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #321
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
The Skrulls are shared-rights with specific characters (like the Super-Skrull and Paibok) going to Fox.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #322
venom892
Coming Home

Kang is the only Big Bad who can compare to Thanos level, Although maybe they can bring in Beyonder.

venom892 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #323
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
Kang is the only Big Bad who can compare to Thanos level, Although maybe they can bring in Beyonder.
Dormammu is another one

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #324
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I want to see She Hulk,Spider Woman and Nova in phase four headlining their own films. Then Hercules, Black Knight and Swordsman to join the Avengers.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #325
MbJ
Side-Kick

You really don't need Black Knight and Swordsman since they both kind of bring the same thing to the team.