The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 10-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #26
harryoscop
Banned User

Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

I'm not sure I want to think that far ahead.. it's going to be a depressing few years when phase 3 comes to an end and Robert, Chris, Chris, Scarlet and Mark don't want to stick around..

But I think Kang is the most likely.

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #27
NicoSuave
The Cosmic Nightfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
I'm not sure I want to think that far ahead.. it's going to be a depressing few years when phase 3 comes to an end and Robert, Chris, Chris, Scarlet and Mark don't want to stick around..

But I think Kang is the most likely.
I wouldn't count Ruffalo out. I wouldn't count out Scarlett either, but she just had a baby, and by the time Phase 4 comes, that kid is gonna be halfway through elementary school. Mama's probably gonna want more family time by then.

NicoSuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #28
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

There should be a New Avengers team by that point. I'm feeling like Infinity Gauntlet will be the end of the MCU as we know it and transition into a whole new focus in the stories if you will.

By then, either Bucky or Sam will be in the Captain America shoes, Captain Marvel and Black Panther will have just gotten comfortable in their new positions of the MCU, and possibly female Thor as well.

My ideal New Avengers lineup would be

Captain America (Bucky)
Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Vision
Scott Lang Ant Man (if his movie is good)
Female Thor

I'm guessing Scarlet Witch Quicksilver, and Hawkeye will be the cannon fodder to die off in Infinity Gauntlet. Black Widow will either disappear into a new life (finally) or bite the dust as well. Cap's death has been foreshadowed for a while and Chris' contract will be up. Either Bucky or Falcon will be under the mantle by (or after) Infinity Gauntlet. I can totally see female Thor coming into play after Hemsworth's contract is up. I wouldn't mind. I find the concept more intriguing than infuriating. I'm not particularly attached to the Thor lore anyway.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #29
Heretic
Side-Kick

These MEGA events (I can't believe that we live in a world where a regular Avengers movie is NOT the mega event...) are likely meant to reset the universe. Notice I didn't type "reboot." I think that they are meant to establish a new order in the films that can serve as a launching on point for a new era. So...like 9 movies in Phase 3...3 Phases in an Era...and then a new jumping on point WITHOUT an actual reboot.

And if guys like Chris Hemsworth are sick of getting paid millions of dollars and wants to return to the land of Obscurity where Marvel found him, then recast the role when you want to bring Thor back. There's no need to reboot this franchise in any of our lifetimes.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #30
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSuave View Post
Here's an idea: Don't recast them, but instead, have them pass down their mantles. Give the red, white, and blue shield to Sam Wilson, give that Hammer to the mysterious new chick in the comics, and maybe let Rhodey or Pepper take the forefront of the Iron Family. If Cheadle and Paltrow don't want to, then we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

These are comic book movies... HAVE SOME FUN! Be creative with the writing, and find a way to allow it to make sense.
Yeah, that would be terrible. It doesn't work in the comics and it wouldn't in the films. Look at the mountains of complaints whenever it happens in the comics. People want to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc., not knockoffs.

Simply recasting is the right way to go.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #31
NicoSuave
The Cosmic Nightfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Yeah, that would be terrible. It doesn't work in the comics and it wouldn't in the films.
It only sometimes doesn't work in the comics, because the writers aren't willing to commit to the deaths/falls of their heroes. The films are a good way to actually break that trend, and set a new standard, one that DC will be terrified to attempt to match.
Quote:
Look at the mountains of complaints whenever it happens in the comics.
I like to refer to those people as comic book Nazis. Why? Because they're afraid of change, and are desperate to try and preserve the personal world in which they live in at all costs. For them, typing an angry letter is the equivalent of an Auschwitz shower.
Quote:
People want to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc., not knockoffs.

First off, I never mentioned Bruce Banner. Secondly, there were a million people on this forum who said nobody would watch Guardians Of The Galaxy. Do you know what those people ate after they got home from that film?...
Crow... They ate crow. So don't tell me what people want to see.
Thirdly, recasting is NOT the RIGHT WAY to go. It's ONE WAY to go, that you in particular would prefer, whereas I would prefer they put more focus on the character progression of the more newly-introduced characters.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #32
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Secret Invasion, World War Hulk, and The Kang saga are all stories I would like to see. But all that would just be bonus. After Infinity Wars we will have had 21 films and 7 tv shows that all exsisted in the same cinematic universe. Keeping the same actors minus a few exceptions and brought to life adaptations of the comics I read as a kid. Honestly they could stop and I'd be totally fine with it.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #33
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

What if they might drop the 616 MCU and go full Ultimate?

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #34
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

I'm calling it now.

Films

*Gurardians 3
*Black Panther 2
*Captain Marvel 2
*Hulk sequal
*New Avengers (sans Wolverine and Spider-Man)
*Black Widow
*Iron Man IV
*BuckyCap or SammyCap
*InHumans 2
*Ant Man 2
*Dr. Strange 2

Netflix:

Daredevil Series 2 and 3
Luke Cage Series 2
Punisher Series 1
Jessica Jones Series 2
Iron Fist Series 2
Daughters of the Dragon Series 1
Moon Knight Series 1

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #35
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Marvel/Disney don't own the distribution rights to solo Hulk films, Universal still retains them and want a stake in any potential proceeds the films would make. So its very unlikely that we'll see Ruffalo headlining his own film any time soon, Phase IV or otherwise.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #36
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Marvel/Disney don't own the distribution rights to solo Hulk films, Universal still retains them and want a stake in any potential proceeds the films would make. So its very unlikely that we'll see Ruffalo headlining his own film any time soon, Phase IV or otherwise.
Does She Hulk fall into that arrangement?

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #37
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

I'm not exactly sure, I have a feeling that it doesn't though.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #38
NicoSuave
The Cosmic Nightfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by roose bolton View Post
marvel/disney don't own the distribution rights to solo hulk films, universal still retains them and want a stake in any potential proceeds the films would make. So its very unlikely that we'll see ruffalo headlining his own film any time soon, phase iv or otherwise.
damn!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #39
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

My prediction for the full slate is

Thunderbolts: Justice Like Lightning... Hail Hydra (August)
Ghost Rider (October)

Black Widow: Homecoming (February)
Iron Man: Armor Wars (May)
Hulk: Revenge of the Leader (August)
Captain Marvel: War of the Marvels (December)

Captain America: Fallen Son (May)
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Kree-Skrull War (July)
Black Panther: Enemy of the State (September)
Darkhawk (December)

Ant-Man 2
Thor: Journey to Hel (May)
Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme (August)
Eternals (November)

Mighty Avengers: Atlantis Attacks (May)
Inhumans 2 (August)
West Coast Avengers: Kang Dynasty (November)

TV
Agents of Shield
Agent Carter
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Moon Knight (Netflix, may come late in Phase 3)
Punisher's War Journal (Netflix, may come late in Phase 3)
Runaways (ABC Family, may come late in Phase 3)
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Netflix, must come in Phase 4 after a Hulk sequel introduces her)
Blade: The Tomb of Dracula (Netflix, must come in Phase 4 after Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider introduce horror and supernatural stories)

And with the new franchises, Eternals would be a buddy comedy about an offshoot of humanity mistaken for the Greek Gods who need to prove to their creators that life in our solar system is worth saving. Think The World's End meets The Hangover. Darkhawk would be a coming of age movie that would fit into the YA genre that would be a "feel good" movie similar in tone to ET or The Goonies. Ghost Rider would be gruesome splatter horror. Thunderbolts would be an action/comedy about villains who plan on taking over the world by saving it. Black Widow would be a spy thriller with an emphasis on the thriller part.

And with returning films. Iron Man: Armor Wars would be a film about Tony Stark hitting rock bottom, losing his wealth, descending into alcoholism and having his technology stolen and distributed around the world. It's about Zeke Stane's vengeance and how he manages to drive Tony to his absolute lowest point. Also starring Ghost and Spymaster as Zeke's partners and Mandarin as the villain who initially hired Zeke.

Hulk: Revenge of the Leader would introduce Rick Jones and She-Hulk with Rick joining as Hulk's sidekick and She-Hulk transforming after Hulk gives her a blood transfusion when she's injured in Leader's attack on new York. The Grey Hulk persona also appears after Leader captures Hulk and convinces him to show off his evil side that both core personas have been repressing.

Thor: Descent into Hel would be about Thor bargaining with his niece to win back the souls of those who died in Asgard. The catch is that Hela is incredibly bitter about being the only person alive in the realm of the dead and "having to hear everyone's cancer sob story" and the only reason why she's willing to help Thor is because Ymir who was slain to forge the universe from has escaped from Hel and now prowls Niffelheim. It's up to Thor to slay an ancient undead Frost Giant to bring him back to the dead before he unmakes all of Niffelheim including Hel itself which will destroy the souls of all the dead. It would stay purely within the realm of fantasy and wouldn't feature Earth at all.

Black Panther faces off against General Ross on orders from Washington in a modern day war movie while Captain Marvel's therapist tries to kill her in a psychological thriller set in the Marvel U.

Also, Cap dies in the first five minutes of his fourth solo film and it's up to Winter Soldier and Falcon to avenge him in a murder mystery.

And with Phase 5, I can't estimate dates yet but here are some titles

Iron Man: The Future
Hulk: Code Red
Thor: The God Butcher
Captain Marvel: Ascension
Black Widow: Name of the Rose
Captain America: Reborn

And I'd have The Professor show up in Code Red as the fourth core persona, Iron Man would be forced to team up with Zeke Stane to stop Mandarin and Captain America would come back from the dead with a new actor playing him.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #40
Heretic
Side-Kick

I really don't want a She-Hulk movie. Its a drum a bang loudly and often, but I want ZERO copycat characters in these movies or tv shows.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #41
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Actually, most of these film rights are on ten year timers. By 2018, Hulk will have reverted to Marvel so Phase 4 is possible.

And if Spider-Man joins the MCU, I don't think he'll stop getting solo films. It's more likely that Marvel will just make him direct to Netflix so he can join the Heroes for Hire... I mean New Avengers... I mean DEFENDERS with the other street level heroes. There is no way that Marvel will shelve their most popular character.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #42
harryoscop
Banned User

I'm not a big fan of She-Hulk either.

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #43
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Actually, most of these film rights are on ten year timers. By 2018, Hulk will have reverted to Marvel so Phase 4 is possible.

And if Spider-Man joins the MCU, I don't think he'll stop getting solo films. It's more likely that Marvel will just make him direct to Netflix so he can join the Heroes for Hire... I mean New Avengers... I mean DEFENDERS with the other street level heroes. There is no way that Marvel will shelve their most popular character.
I'm not sure it's exactly the same thing, because Universal only owns the distribution rights, whereas Marvel owns the actual film rights to the character. They can, in effect make a Hulk film but they couldn't distribute it through Disney.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #44
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBatman View Post
If fantastic four fails and marvel gets the rights back people like Dr. Doom or even Galactus would be interesting.

Hell the red skull could come back in this universe as well.
Phase 4 has to be The Illuminati related even if it's with a new cast.

WHEN FF fails (and it will) that will free up Reed Richards and intro FF that way.

Also a good way to intro The Sub-Mariner.

That could also lead to World War Hulk and Planet Hulk. Maybe a split the Avengers film to end the phase... "Avengers: World War Hulk part I and part II"

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #45
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Yeah, that would be terrible. It doesn't work in the comics and it wouldn't in the films. Look at the mountains of complaints whenever it happens in the comics. People want to see Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, etc., not knockoffs.

I don't think the general audience wants to see Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Thor if they're suddenly no longer RDJ, Chris Evans and Hemsworth after what's been more than 6 films for some. I think they'd prefer to just have the character leave. (They don't have to die, just stop being an Avenger, that way they could come back under the right circumstances.)

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:21 AM   #46
NicoSuave
The Cosmic Nightfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirstrangefolk View Post
i don't think the general audience wants to see tony stark, steve rogers and thor if they're suddenly no longer rdj, chris evans and hemsworth after what's been more than 6 films for some. I think they'd prefer to just have the character leave. (they don't have to die, just stop being an avenger, that way they could come back under the right circumstances.)
^this guy knows what's up

Old 10-30-2014, 01:45 AM   #47
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I definitely want to see Kang, though I'm not entirely sure he's out of the picture for Phase 3.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:45 AM   #48
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
I'm not a big fan of She-Hulk either.
I think She-Hulk would be better suited to a Netflix show. She-Hulk's most popular comic runs usually involve her wacky adventures as a superpowered Lawyer dealing with other superheroes and villains in the Marvel Universe.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:07 AM   #49
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStrangefolk View Post
I don't think the general audience wants to see Tony Stark, Steve Rogers and Thor if they're suddenly no longer RDJ, Chris Evans and Hemsworth after what's been more than 6 films for some. I think they'd prefer to just have the character leave. (They don't have to die, just stop being an Avenger, that way they could come back under the right circumstances.)
Hemsworth is only 31. Evans is 33. They could easily give them a break for 4-5 years then bring them back for another film.

Even Downey could come back. All the action he has to do is inside a helmet.

Carry on with the other franchises. Thor is ruling Asgard. Cap is making babies with Agent 13. Tony is living on an island with Pepper.

By that time they might even want to cut back the amount of films they do a year anyway.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #50
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Hemsworth is only 31. Evans is 33. They could easily give them a break for 4-5 years then bring them back for another film.

Even Downey could come back. All the action he has to do is inside a helmet.

Carry on with the other franchises. Thor is ruling Asgard. Cap is making babies with Agent 13. Tony is living on an island with Pepper.

By that time they might even want to cut back the amount of films they do a year anyway.
Exactly. Once we have all these other characters we really don't need Iron Man, CA and Thor 4 and 5. Just give them a break and let other heroes be in the spotlight. Someone else could take on the mantle of, say, Cap for a while, but that's optional. I think it would be much more fun to keep Thor on Asgard for a while, have Tony do some stuff for SHIELD or in space, away from the main action and let Cap disappear for a while. Then if at some point, several years later (even 10 years later if needed) the actors still want to play the role and a script can be written for it, let them return. And if not they don't need to come back.

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote