The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-16-2018, 11:45 PM   #501
DyfeddRex
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Given the latest news, I will revise my ideas.

Spider-Man 2 on July 5, 2019

(2020)
May 1, 2020. - GotGv3

July 31, 2020. Black Widow (A-Force style teamup?)

November 6, 2020. The Eternals

(2021)
May 7, 2021. Spiderman: Graduation

July 30, 2021. Nova

November 5, 2021. Marvel's First Family (for the 60th anniversary of Marvel, They will cut a special side deal, they are geeks like us, and want that celebration.)

(2022)
February 18, 2022. Surfing with the Alien (Silver Surfer Movie with heavy Kirby look and lots of surf/Satriani style music)

May 6, 2022. Capt. Marvel 2

July 29, 2022. Avengers & FF teamup movie

DyfeddRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 AM   #502
Hello2016
Side-Kick

If I just had to throw out a wild guess:
2020: Gaurdians 3 (old and new gaurdians teams combine; introduction of Adam Warlock); Black Widow (can see in a way replacing Captain America franchise just w/more spy/subterfuge; a new female driven movie w/political overtones perhaps infused); Ant Man 3: The Originals (perhaps introduces FF as microverse seems to have replaced negative zone starring classic Pym and Janet from the 60's or 70's)

*Picked Ant-Man as supporting actor recently made comment on film perhaps being fast-tracked, Donald Cumberlach's insistence on equal pay along with recent comments maybe not a Strange 2, and Feigi giving a comment on "strange" sequel ambivalently. Other than that, I think Black Panther 2 may take a while to come together and the Antman crew sort of geared towards knocking another one out sooner rather than later it seems.
If X-Men and/or FF properties appear in 2023 very possible Ant-Man gets nixed in favor or Strange or Eternals as 3rd movie but for now will just leave it.

2021: Dr. Strange Team-Up film (establishing an "Infinity Watch" or "Illuminati" or "Defenders" fallout from Avengers 4); Black Panther 2; Eternals (guest starring Thor; provides basis for history of Marvel Universe)

2022: Captain Marvel 2; Homecoming 3 (Spiderman and Freinds); Fantastic Four (like the thought of First Family having been displaced in time somehow arriving in a time altered present after mysteriously vanishing after a certain event maybe the one in which they got their powers? Can meet up with an aged Pym and Janet whom they once knew.)
*I think I remember reading Kevin Feigi recently having a sit-down to plan-out/discuss movies in far future recently. I'll bet they're trying to figure how to shift the FF and X-Men into production.

2023:Cosmic Property Replacing Gaurdians Franchise; Black Widow 2; Avengers/X-Men: Secret Wars (some eternals, strange's Team, and X-Men all meet)

Above could be totally wrong and am re-thinking the order as I write this. Anyway, I like thinking possibilities outlined below.

Quote:
I posted some ideas in other threads for new movies but here's quick run-down as I see it of movies most likely going to happen based on currently ongoing franchises...

Sequels to Still Fresh Franchises:
Gaurdians 3, Antman/Wasp 3, Dr. Strange 2, Spiderman 2 and 3, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2

Tally Above: 7 Movies

Expired Franchises
Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Avengers (Avengers movie title being tweaked subtly most likely but this franchise continuing is a certainty)

Tally Above: 5 Possibilities

Question: Will there be any direct follow-up? (For example Iron Man 4 starring Robert Downey Jr.) If not, how can each franchise most likely be spun-off into another property or simply re-titled in some fashion?

Reported New Franchises:
Black Widow

Tally Above: 1
*While establishing new franchise, it should be noted this is moreso simply taking a supporting character seen in previous movies and expanding.

Overall, taking into account the 3 categories above (as well as questions posed above as well) too many movies to really develop anything new especially when consider X-Men and FF movies will most likely be added into mix early to mid-2020's.

The question moreso will become what other properties may be used as a vehicle to steer away from an expired franchise while going into something semi-similar but new. This will be Marvel's go-to system I'm guessing.
Update on New Tally (now at 4)
Quote:
*Main Update since end of March seems be Eternals can be added to potential new franchise listing bringing the tally up to 2.

*Adding to this, Kevin Feigi's most recent remarks pertaining to FF and X-Men at Infinity War premiere has brought that into focus somewhat in terms of characters most likely not appearing before 2021 at the earliest even if he's trying to quell expectations somewhat. Due to fact different studio would be creating these movies, this would then bring the tally of potential new franchises up to 4

Last edited by Hello2016; 05-17-2018 at 02:45 AM.
Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:31 AM   #503
Shoppy
Side-Kick

Jimmy Woo appears in Ant-Man And The Wasp and an Eternals movie could introduce us to Marvel Boy...
...that could set us on the way to getting Agents of Atlas which i don't think it would hurt to tweak a little for the MCU...
Gorilla Man could be introduced as having being secretly living in Wakanda for years and known about by M'Baku's tribe.
M-11 could be retconned as originally being created by Howard Stark and turn out to be a HYDRA double agent.
...and adding Namora and Venus opens up the Atlantean and Olympian worlds to the MCU in a way that makes further expansion on those worlds an option rather than a necessity.
3-D-Man could join the team by the end of the movie.
... and as for their main adversary, I'd incorporate elements of the Yellow Claw into the MCU's version of the ACTUAL Mandarin instead of them existing as two separate characters.

Do we know yet what Ghost's civilian identity in Ant-Man And The Wasp is?
I've got a hunch, until there's evidence to the contrary, that she's going to be Rita DeMara, which would leave it open for her to either keep the Ghost identity or become a new Yellowjacket and make the eventual transition, possibly via a Thunderbolts team, to Guardians Of The Galaxy .... we'll see.

As for a Doctor Strange team-up movie ..... I'd like to see that be a Strange film where he teams up with Scarlet Witch and Spider-Man as has happened in the comics.

Last edited by Shoppy; 05-17-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Shoppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #504
MbJ
Side-Kick

From BossLogic.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:45 PM   #505
Hello2016
Side-Kick

Following up on what I mentioned above, I posted this in the Dr. Strange forum pertaining to potential team-based sequel:

Quote:
Dr. Strange's Status Post Avengers 4?:
Team Film: Depending on if a time travel notion is introduced in Avengers 4, I was thinking the sequel to Dr. Strange may utilize Strange to assemble a team of some sorts (just numerous peices of news have read lately make me think a direct solo sequel unlikely IF Marvel tries to fast track Fantastic Four and/or X-Men 2024 or earlier but could be wrong).

Introduction of Multiverse: The notion could be, somehow transfer his consciousness transcending time w/help of Time Infinity Stone into himself existing in another dimension. He does this by going into his past self at key moment in time to split off another reality in which he can exist in similar to what Wolverine did in Days of Future Past only on larger scale (larger scale meaning 1 consciousness shifting across multiple realities not just 1 past point picks like Wolverine did but an orchestrated manipulation of sorts skipping across many).

I suppose while in process of doing this, Strange could gather a team through interactions with key players of the Infinity War telling each to do a certain something at a certain moment of time that will result in a shared alternate reality they can experience Post-Avengers 4 (or in other words, an alternate wing of the Multiverse Strange can inhabit). I suppose the purpose of the team could be an Infinity Watch or Illuminati of some sort.

Limitations?: Only thing I don't like about idea above is makes Strange too omnipotent or immortal. Perhaps some sort of limitations such as needing to reacquire the Time Stone each time does this as well as only be able to do this so many times within certain framework so not seem too omnipotent.
I suppose initial basis for Dr. Strange to try transferring his consciousness backwards could be out of necessity as last ditch effort to escape an untimely demise post-Avengers 4.

I also think the following notion could be explored in the 3rd Ant-Man movie:
Quote:
Some areas of multiverse a Different Dimension all together?: The microverse introduced in Antman some have compared to the Negative Zone. Perhaps if become lost in here, can come back out into a totally different plane of reality consisting of different world all together?

Last edited by Hello2016; 05-19-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:06 AM   #506
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Would you guys want more solo movies in P4 or more team up movies? I for one loved Iron Man in HC and Hulk in Ragnarok.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:15 AM   #507
Hello2016
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Would you guys want more solo movies in P4 or more team up movies? I for one loved Iron Man in HC and Hulk in Ragnarok.
I think a balanced mixture would be nice. Dr. Strange very well could have a solo sequel. I am predicting it as a possibility if 1 of the fresh franchises doesn't receive a direct follow-up, it may likely be Dr. Strange for numerous reasons.

I think some of the solo adventures can still build off other movies indirectly like Antman transitioning into the Fantastic Four franchise for instance (although unlike the Strange sequel notion, this may be reaching even further to think this may happen). This I think can be done with just a minor reference or reveal without too much distraction if need be. Is it always necessary though? I don't think so.

Last edited by Hello2016; 05-19-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:09 AM   #508
WBwins
Side-Kick

Arrow Re: MCU Phase IV!

Gotg3,
Dr Strange2,
Eternals

Widow(Scarlet and Okoye as Supporting cast)
Bp2
Antman 3

CapMarvel2,

Ultimates
(Cap Marvel,Black Panther,Warlock,Sersi and Spiderman form a cosmic team to stop future Invasions before they arrive on Earth.Its not Earhbound like the Avengers)
Spiderman3

FantasticFour(Special appearance by Black Panther,Antman and Dr Strange)

Old 05-20-2018, 04:08 PM   #509
The Batman
The Dark Knight

JUL: The Sensational Spider-Man

MAR: Black Widow
MAY: Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (Guest Star: Thor)
NOV: Dr. Strange 2 (Guest Star: Scarlet Witch)

FEB: Black Panther 2
MAY: Spider-Man: HC 3
JUL: Ant-Man 3

MAR: Captain Marvel 2
MAY: New Avengers
JUL: Eternals

FEB: Nova
MAY: Fantastic Four

Old 05-21-2018, 05:25 AM   #510
Kev4000
Side-Kick

I love that line-up but I doubt it will happen. Marvel will introduce more and more franchises. they will be good for sure but I wanna see more of our heroes that are etablished.

2021 will have a team-movie for sure too in May.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #511
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

So Feige talked a bit about the MCU and its future at #ProducedBy2018 (whatever it is). Someone on Reddit compiled everything he said in a thread, here's the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...feige_said_at/

Quote:
What next after Avengers IW2? Kevin Feige says he is working on:
  • Continuing stories of characters you're familiar with
  • Different incarnations of characters you know
  • Introducing completely new characters you never heard of before (unless ur a comics fan)
  • says agencies are now sending more women directors than men to try for @Marvel movies— going forward he promises “a heck of a lot of them” will be directed by women.
"Different incarnations of characters you know". That's got to mean legacy characters, right?

Abudefduf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #512
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abudefduf View Post

"Different incarnations of characters you know". That's got to mean legacy characters, right?
I assume so.

Kate Bishop let's goooooo!

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #513
Silvermoth
Avenger

Fingers crossed for woman Thor but I think he meant ms marvel

Old 06-10-2018, 05:47 AM   #514
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

But the MCU doesn't have another Ms. Marvel, so technically Kamala will be the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Kate Bishop let's goooooo!
Yeah, I think he was talking about her too. Hawkdude is the most expendable member of the original Avengers, not many people would be upset if he got replaced.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #515
Protar
Side-Kick

I've been saying Hawkeye will die for ages and it hasn't happened yet. I now think they're actually committed to getting audiences to like him. I'm anticipating a big role for him in A4, and with the Black Widow franchise finally taking off, he's a natural fit for the deuteragonist. Maybe if he gets to be the second most important character in a Widow film, he'll actually get enough screen time to be likeable.

Protar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #516
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

I don't want him to die, but I sure would like to eventually see him retire and be replaced by Bishop. The general audience is not as invested in Clint as they are in Cap or Tony, so it will much easier to make them accept another person as Hawkeye.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #517
Protar
Side-Kick

At the same time, there seems to be little point in making Hawkeye a legacy character when the original barely has a fanbase to begin with. Surely, the point of legacy characters is to keep the big names going in some sense or another. However good of a character Kate Bishop is, the general audience won't be excited by a female Hawkeye unless they already think Hawkeye is cool.

So keep Hawkeye around in the Black Widow movies, then Black Widow 2 introduce Kate Bishop, then in the third film, have her step up as the successor to Hawkeye and Black Widow, as the main SHIELD related hero.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:10 PM   #518
Abudefduf
Custom User Title

I get what you're saying, but honesty I don't think it's as complicated as you're making it out to be. If Kate is a good character people will embrace her, regardless of how they feel about Clint.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #519
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
What next after Avengers IW2? Kevin Feige says he is working on:
  • Continuing stories of characters you're familiar with
  • Different incarnations of characters you know
  • Introducing completely new characters you never heard of before (unless ur a comics fan)
  • says agencies are now sending more women directors than men to try for @Marvel movies— going forward he promises “a heck of a lot of them” will be directed by women.
1st one probably includes Black Widow and the characters already set up for sequels.

2nd multiverse maybe. This can also be different take on X-Men and F4.

3rd Eternals I guess and setting up cosmic side once current GOTG group ends. They will probably still introduce characters they way they did BP and Spider-Man.

4th just hire the best director for the film. It is what they have been doing since Cap 2. Even some movies I am meh on(IM2,3, and Thor 2) have some decent part. If a female director shows to be the best for the movie cool, if they are not don't restrict yourself to just one group. Most movies I don't even look at who directed it. I can't recall seeing a MCU movie or any other movie and going to look for past movies from the director or future movies.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #520
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
3rd Eternals I guess and setting up cosmic side once current GOTG group ends. They will probably still introduce characters they way they did BP and Spider-Man.
I never understand what people mean by "setting up cosmic side."
Jack Kirby's Eternals was much more Earth-based than Thor. The Fourth Host of space gods was walking around here the whole time. So does "cosmic" mean something other than "set in outer space"?

MasterCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:46 PM   #521
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
I never understand what people mean by "setting up cosmic side."
Jack Kirby's Eternals was much more Earth-based than Thor. The Fourth Host of space gods was walking around here the whole time. So does "cosmic" mean something other than "set in outer space"?
Well I didn't really link the 2 together.

The 3rd bullet was about bringing in characters that are unknowns. They want to make Eternals so I mentioned them. I then said and the cosmic stuff for when GOTG current group ends. They will no doubt try to have some side characters for GOTG3 that can possibly get their own movies. Maybe Rocket and Groot get a separate group. Rockets has been on the story of being a leader and working as a group.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:02 AM   #522
Protar
Side-Kick

There are groups of Eternals living out in space. Depending on how they streamline the Eternals' lore, it could either be set on earth or on a different planet. I definitely think that Marvel is invested in expanding the cosmic side of the universe. I can almost see it as a cinematic universe within a cinematic universe - over the next decade several franchises will pop up which will cross-over frequently in the same way the Avengers do now. And on rare occasions, the Avengers and Cosmic franchises will crossover.

If they want to give the Avengers films a break after A4, the next big team-up movie could be marvel cosmic. The remaining Guardians, Captain Marvel, Nova, Adam Warlock, Thor, Valkyrie and Sersi teaming up to save the galaxy. That would be a big step towards providing the MCU with longevity, by starting big cross-over events that aren't necessarily Avengers related.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #523
Shoppy
Side-Kick

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 - May 1, 2020
BLACK WIDOW - July 31, 2020
DOCTOR STRANGE 2 - November 6, 2020

THOR 4 - May 7, 2021
ANT-MAN 3 - July 30, 2021
ETERNALS - November 5, 2021

BLACK PANTHER 2 - February 18, 2022
AVENGERS 5 - May 6, 2022
CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 - July 29, 2022

Shoppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #524
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoppy View Post
BLACK PANTHER 2 - February 18, 2022
AVENGERS 5 - May 6, 2022
CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 - July 29, 2022
Disney will be pissed with Coogler if he can't get a sequel to Marvel's highest-grossing solo film out by 2021. When Iron Man was a huge hit, they got a sequel out in two years.
You also forgot Spider-Man 3.3 in 2021.

MasterCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #525
CaptainWagner
Rebellion Kickstarter

Talk about legacy characters has me excited. We know they have plans for Kamala. Kate Bishop and Riri Williams would also be great to get in the MCU.

"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share... I'll never stop fighting. Ever."
- Superman
CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote