The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #51
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

It might even be nice to see how they react with the new team. Will they be referred to as oldtimers past their best? While Ironman tells them the Avengers were doing this long before the others were in spandex.

Get Spidey back and he could be a proper fanboy. Growing up with the Avengers saving the world.
It could add a layer of realism that the comics never really had. Yes everyone does get old. They change. They get married. They have families.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #52
CaptainWagner
Rebellion Kickstarter

Thor can stay in Asgard, conducting kingly duties. Tony can die or settle down with Pepper running his privatized SHIELD replacement. Steve can either die or go into politics, passing the mantle of Cap to either Bucky or Falcon. There's no need to recast, just move on.

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #53
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Kill off the Avengers

Moon Knight

Nova

Blade

Punisher

Continue with Inhumans

Blade • X-MenSpider-ManBlade 2X-Men 2HULKSpider-Man 2Iron ManX-Men First ClassThorCaptain America: The First AvengerThe Amazing Spider-ManThe WolverineX-Men Days of Future PastGuardians of the GalaxyDEADPOOL • LOGAN
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #54
NicoSuave
The Cosmic Nightfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwagner View Post
thor can stay in asgard, conducting kingly duties. Tony can die or settle down with pepper running his privatized shield replacement. Steve can either die or go into politics, passing the mantle of cap to either bucky or falcon. There's no need to recast, just move on.
^this guy gets it!^

NicoSuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #55
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Mmmm... not only is recasting not likely to be necessary for another ten years, due to the actors' interest in the MCU, but even if it was, another actor as Cap is still going to be a bigger draw than, say, another actor as Ghost Rider, or another actor as Blade.

Remember, RDJ after being so 'out' and 'hesitant' has signed on for more time in the MCU, starting with Civil War. The idea of him transitioning into more of an elder statesman Tony isn't exactly far flung, provided the right back end deals.

While rumors did exist of Evans wanting out by the end of his contract to direct, in response to those, during the entire TWS press circuit he continually emphasized that he'd want to play Cap indefinitely. That's a long time. And further, it shows how important this project is to him, that he'd cut out all other acting, but not the MCU.

Hemsworth has given zero signs he's going anywhere. If he doesn't get any solo films, Ruffalo is still under contract until Avengers 6! And while we don't know Scarlett's numbers, when a baby starts going to school is when stay at home mothers get back into working full time (because now the kid is gone most of the working day, see how that works?). And while we don't have any official statement from her, to say that playing Widow is in her best interest professionally is an immense understatement.

So not only will these actors still be around, but even if they weren't... the appeal of the characters is still great as is. I like Darkhark, sure, but between the buzz that comes with recasting and the buzz that these characters already have by being awesome, there's no way Darkhawk can come close to, I dunno, Armie Hammer as Thor in terms of getting public interest. Will it be as anticipated as another Hemsworth as Thor? No, but will it be more anticipated than the same actor as a character they haven't heard of? No, not really. This is not to say that a Guardians of the Galaxy can't outperform a Cap movie, it clearly can, but if you actually get down to people like Midnight Sons, that have been seen before, that fresh and new adventure appeal doesn't really happen. Plus because these characters are part of a larger franchise, it's a little bit like the recasting of Rachel Dawes or Clarice Sterling. You're not recasting The Avengers, just some of them.

I do think RDJ Will take a reduced role in Phase IV. I don't think he'll have a solo movie, I think he'll end up being the Nick Fury, basically, appearing a bit of everywhere. It's possible the Cap and Thor franchises will 'rest' and just have cameos like RDJ. I don't think we'll get to 'legacy' for a while. I think there'll be a new guard in Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and the like in a New Avengers style core team, but I wouldn't expect the billion dollar franchises to get phased out in the next ten years.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #56
CaptainWagner
Rebellion Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Mmmm... not only is recasting not likely to be necessary for another ten years, due to the actors' interest in the MCU, but even if it was, another actor as Cap is still going to be a bigger draw than, say, another actor as Ghost Rider, or another actor as Blade.

So not only will these actors still be around, but even if they weren't... the appeal of the characters is still great as is. I like Darkhark, sure, but between the buzz that comes with recasting and the buzz that these characters already have by being awesome, there's no way Darkhawk can come close to, I dunno, Armie Hammer as Thor in terms of getting public interest. Will it be as anticipated as another Hemsworth as Thor? No, but will it be more anticipated than the same actor as a character they haven't heard of? No, not really. This is not to say that a Guardians of the Galaxy can't outperform a Cap movie, it clearly can, but if you actually get down to people like Midnight Sons, that have been seen before, that fresh and new adventure appeal doesn't really happen. Plus because these characters are part of a larger franchise, it's a little bit like the recasting of Rachel Dawes or Clarice Sterling. You're not recasting The Avengers, just some of them.

I do think RDJ Will take a reduced role in Phase IV. I don't think he'll have a solo movie, I think he'll end up being the Nick Fury, basically, appearing a bit of everywhere. It's possible the Cap and Thor franchises will 'rest' and just have cameos like RDJ. I don't think we'll get to 'legacy' for a while. I think there'll be a new guard in Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and the like in a New Avengers style core team, but I wouldn't expect the billion dollar franchises to get phased out in the next ten years.
But if Ant-man and Co. become billion dollar franchises, which is quite likely if they're received nearly as well as GOTG. That movie made more in its debut than Cap and Thor's sequels. I don't think money will be an issue.

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #57
venom892
Coming Home

I'm hoping for a mini phase with Dr. Strange 2, Ghost Rider, Blade and perhaps another film that leads to the Midnight Sons where all the supernatural characters have to team up to take down Mephisto.

venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #58
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Never too early!

Thinking of potential plot lines across the board...

Iron Man 4 is basically already setup. All Hail the King certainly opened up for the penultimate villain and Age of Ultron/Civil War/Infinity War could certainly setup for his demon in a bottle phase. Would make sense after all these years of hardship.

Guardians 3 is a shoe-in. After the sequel makes a billion dollars in its new May slot, its a guarantee we'll see these cosmic fellows again in time. Not to mention all the great stories. Kang, Korvac, Moondragon, etc.

Black Panther 2 I mean, come on... when has marvel been in the business of one-hit wonders? This movie will sell, I'd bet on it. And its no doubt got sequel potential.

Doctor Strange 2 see above. Baron Mordo will undoubtedly be the villy of Strange 1, but they'll save Dormammu for a later installment to be sure.

Captain America, Thor, Inhumans and Captain Marvel all certainly have additional sequel potential. I'm sure Paul Rudd's got quite the beefy contract and they won't want to waste him.

Planet Hulk and Namor would be crowd pleasers. West Coast Avengers, Widowmaker, Heroes for Hire. There's a lot of money to be made off of us poor saps.

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #59
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Never too early!

Thinking of potential plot lines across the board...

Iron Man 4 is basically already setup. All Hail the King certainly opened up for the penultimate villain and Age of Ultron/Civil War/Infinity War could certainly setup for his demon in a bottle phase. Would make sense after all these years of hardship.

Guardians 3 is a shoe-in. After the sequel makes a billion dollars in its new May slot, its a guarantee we'll see these cosmic fellows again in time. Not to mention all the great stories. Kang, Korvac, Moondragon, etc.

Black Panther 2 I mean, come on... when has marvel been in the business of one-hit wonders? This movie will sell, I'd bet on it. And its no doubt got sequel potential.

Doctor Strange 2 see above. Baron Mordo will undoubtedly be the villy of Strange 1, but they'll save Dormammu for a later installment to be sure.

Captain America, Thor, Inhumans and Captain Marvel all certainly have additional sequel potential. I'm sure Paul Rudd's got quite the beefy contract and they won't want to waste him.

Planet Hulk and Namor would be crowd pleasers. West Coast Avengers, Widowmaker, Heroes for Hire. There's a lot of money to be made off of us poor saps.
Honestly, I'd do things a bit differently. I'd set up Doctor Strange fighting both Mordo and Dormammu. Doctor Strange 2 would feature Shuma Gorath or Chthon.

I'd still pass on Planet Hulk. That movie shouldn't be made until we've already seen The Professor persona. I'd also introduce Joe Fixit as another persona first. Have Leader bring out Hulk's evil side and watch as even Joe Fixit finds Leader insane while introducing She-Hulk as a cameo who gets all of one scene with lines in it and then gets injured and doesn't show up again until after the credits and Rick Jones and Marlo Chandler as innocents caught up in Leader's schemes. Hulk 3 would be Code Red with General Ross becoming the Red Hulk, after Hulk not only marries his daughter but goes rogue with a band of international vigilantes seeking to save the world with science called Pantheon. Amadeus Cho would debut here and join Bruce, Betty, Rick and Marlo as the Pantheon's leaders. Hulk 4 would be Fall of the Pantheon where corruption from within causes Hulk to have to disband Pantheon and naturally, all of the Pantheon soldiers mutiny. Betty dies in Avengers 6 which combined with Pantheon's misdeeds going public, causes Iron Man to launch the Hulk into space. Hulk 5 can be Planet Hulk which will lead to Avengers: World War Hulk. I say this as somebody who likes Hulk's supporting cast on Earth and wants to see those relationships develop before everything goes wrong. Planet Hulk should be a film that starts with Hulk at his lowest point with Fall of the Pantheon being a tragedy and then Betty dying when Hulk fights alongside the Avengers. I want a really somber, haunting feel to the beginning of Planet Hulk, a second act that's mostly Hulk struggling and suffering as an enslaved gladiator and then an ending where Hulk dethrones the Red King and leads the Sakaaran army to Earth for revenge on Iron Man.

Guardians 2 will probably be about Adam Warlock, The Magus and the Universal Church of Truth since Adam Warlock is needed for Infinity War. For Guardians 3, I'd probably do something with Kree Skrull War or Celestial Madonna, possibly Korvac but I'd rather see Korvac fight the Inhumans.

Iron Man 3 was about Mandarin. I'd still have the character feature in the film but I'd honestly do Armor Wars and make Zeke Stane the villain who wants to avenge his father as the new Iron Monger. Spymaster and Ghost would also be present. Tony would still become an alcoholic without using Namor or Justin Hammer. I'd make Iron Man 5 have the new actor playing Stark deal with Mandarin and have to team up with Zeke Stane in an adaption of the last three arcs of Matt Fraction's run just so the bad guy from 4 and the bigger threat being teased in the same film can give Iron Man 5 a sense of continuity despite the recast. And Ultimo would be thrown in there because Mandarin needs to use him as a weapon. Iron Man 6 would be have either Living Laser or Madame Masque as the big bad.

Also, I'd make Armor Wars the last film to feature Downey as Iron Man. Have it be his big goodbye before the role gets recast.

And here's how I'd plot out the future of the Avengers

Phase 4
Mighty Avengers: Atlantis Attacks (Namor)
West Coast Avengers: Kang Dynasty (Kang)

Phase 5
West Coast Avengers: Evolutionary War (High Evolutionary)
Mighty Avengers: Siege (Justin Hammer or if the rights reverted, Green Goblin)

Phase 6
Mighty Avengers: Taking AIM (MODOK, Monica Rappacini and Super Adaptoid)
West Coast Avengers: The Gatherers (Proctor)

Phase 7
West Coast Avengers: World War Hulk (Hulk)
Mighty Avengers: Nefaria Protocols (Zemo and the Thunderbolts at first, later Count Nefaria)

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #60
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Dasher, I like a lot of your ideas, but I think I'd go with "New Avengers" over "Avengers West Coast" as the title.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #61
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Dasher, I like a lot of your ideas, but I think I'd go with "New Avengers" over "Avengers West Coast" as the title.
Except the New Avengers have been renamed Defenders while Hulk and Doctor Strange have jumped ship to Avengers. I feel like West Coast Avengers would be Iron Man's team while Captain America would take the New York team and in the comics, the official Avengers team for New York State is Mighty Avengers. Everyone else shifts between teams.

But thanks for liking my ideas.

Also, I'd set up sequels for Guardians, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Captain America and Thor like this and then cap them off with Avengers

Phase 4

Iron Man: Armor Wars (Ezekiel Stane on orders from Mandarin leaks the blueprints to Tony's armor onto the internet while bankrupting Stark Industries with the help of Ghost and Spymaster while Tony battles alcoholism.)

Hulk: Revenge of the Leader (Leader has escaped SHIELD custody and now seeks to build an army of Gamma Beasts to take over the world including Madman, Half-Life and Flux. Rick Jones and Marlo Chandler team up with Hulk. The Joe Fixit Persona comes about and Jen Walters becomes She-Hulk.)

Captain America: Fallen Son (Crossbones, Doctor Faustus and Sinthia Schmidt as villains. Cap dies in the first five minutes and Winter Soldier and Falcon set off to uncover the conspiracy.)

Thor: Descent Into Hel (Hela and Ymir as villains. Thor defeats Ymir but Hela won't free the souls of Asgard's dead, nor will she even release Captain America, leaving Thor with no reward for his efforts.)

Black Panther: Rebellion (Killmonger and Man-Ape stage a terror campaign against Wakanda over violations of the rights of indigenous people)

Captain Marvel: War of the Marvels (Moonstone would be the villain who usurps Carol's identity)

Guardians of the Galaxy: Celestial Madonna (Mantis and Moondragon join the Guardians)

Inhumans: The Korvac Saga (If you don't know this story, you fail)

Doctor Strange: Sorceror Supreme (Doctor Strange is hired as a paranormal investigator to look into a strange Satanic cult who worship Shuma Gorath and may be guilty of human sacrifice. What Strange encounters is the most horrifying aspects of humanity along with the most depraved of cosmic horrors)

Thunderbolts: Justice Like Lightning!... Hail Hydra; A secret HYDRA plot is afoot led by Baron Helmut Zemo who seeks to avenge his father's death at the hands of either Nick Fury or Peggy Carter of SHIELD and the way he's going to accomplish HYDRA's world domination is through public relations! Watch as he assembles Ghost, Taskmaster, Sentry, Blizzard, Moonstone and Songbird into a team dedicated to saving the world better than the Avengers ever could. The catch is that the Tunderbolts are fighting Leviathan, the same HYDRA splinter faction that allied itself with the Soviet Bloc during the Cold War that Zemo's father founded!)

Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze makes a pact with a demon and finds himself possessed by a fallen angel that demands the blood of sinners and wants to track down a serial killer called Scarecrow. Blaze doens't want blood on his hands but Zarathos overtakes Blaze as his dominant persona.)

Mighty Avengers: Atlantis Attacks (Namor attempts to avenge the pollution of the world's oceans by flooding Wakanda. Captain America - Now James Barnes - and Black Panther need to stop Namor before he causes any more damage.)

West Coast Avengers: Kang Dynasty (Kang manages to take over the world. Iron Man needs to dethrone him. The catch is that after defeating Kang, he's created a present where Justin Hammer is the Director of SHIELD!)

Phase 5

Captain America: Reborn (Crossbones and Sinthia Schmidt are the villains yet again after the defeat of Doctor Faustus and National Force. This time around, The Grand Director has stepped up to the plate as Captain America and the army has recreated the super soldier serum and used it on John Walker to be the new Captain America. The original frozen corpse of Steve Rogers from which the Cap we knew was cloned from is about to fall into the Grand Director's hands and he's ready to christen himself the true Captain America just as he was back in the 1950s. Worse yet, the man calling the shots for US Agent is Justin Hammer who's taken control of SHIELD. Steve is cloned yet again from his mummified corpse but with all his memories of his past life intact.)

Iron Man: World's Most Wanted (Justin Hammer deems Tony Stark a threat to national security and demands that Tony Stark become a prisoner of SHIELD to construct weapons for them. Tony refuses and a bounty hunter named Whitney Frost with a crush on Tony is scarred in Tony's battle with SHIELD and becomes a crazed, lovesick stalker who not only wants to imprison Tony but believe that he'll love her if she only kills Pepper. The film ends with Iron man surrendering and allowing the West Coast Avengers to operate under SHIELD supervision which was precisely the world he was fighting for in Civil War, he just wasn't fighting for a world where Justin Hammer was his boss.)

Doctor Strange: Book of Chthon (Doctor Strange learns of a tone of immensely powerful black magick which cannot be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. The question is, can Doctor Strange learn and use the secrets contained within or will Chthon's dark powers use him?)

Hulk: Code Red (General Ross becomes the Red Hulk after Justin Hammer demands that Hulk be apprehended. Hulk instead forms a group of armored vigilantes dedicated to justice to fight by his side named Pantheon while Red Hulk forms the Gamma Corps. Hulk marries Betty at the beginning of the film in a double marriage while Marlo and Rick also tie the knot. Amadeus Cho joins the cast as well. Hulk becomes The Professor as his default personality and will probably not change forms much in the future.)

Ghost Rider: Rose of Hell (After Zarathos and Blaze have made peace with one another, Mephisto's son Blackheard doesn't feel that there was enough of a bargain made on Blaze's part and demands that Blaze suffer as per the terms of the pact he made. Blackheart murder's Blaze's girlfriend and turns her into the undead Black Rose.)

Thunderbolts: Dark Avengers (The Thunderbolts have managed to infiltrate SHIELD... except they were invited to replace the Avengers by Justin Hammer. Things have just gotten awkward where the Thunderbolts have now managed to get their revenge without raising a finger despite being HYDRA agents!)

Thor: The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill. (Thor sets off across space and does battle with Ego, The Living Planet. It's mostly about Beta Ray Bill becoming a worthy successor and Ego would just be a plot device with limited screen time.)

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Kree-Skrull War (If you don't know this story, you fail at life.)

Captain Marvel: Call of the Sentry (Carol gained the power of a binary star system from her future self while fighting Kang but can she handle a man with the power of one million exploding suns who Justin Hammer calls upon to replace her within the Avengers?)

Black Panther: Enemy of the State (Red Hulk leads the United States Army on an invasion of Wakanda based on orders from Justin Hammer. Black Panther's own adopted brother betrays him.)

Inhumans 3 (something with Maelstrom)

West Coast Avengers: Evolutionary War (The High Evolutionary seeks to uplift humanity after Thanos' terrigen mists only did so for a fragment of the pupulation. The catch is that a world where everyone has super powers leads to a world where everybody is a walking weapon of mass destruction!)

Mighty Avengers: Seige (Asgard has returned. The problem is that it's returned over Earth and Justin Hammer wants to raid it. Baron Zemo shows his true colors and betrays everyone, including burning the last surviving photographs of Captain America with Peggy Carter in SHIELD headquarters. Captain America has reassembled the Mighty Avengers, the West Coast Avengers rebel against SHIELD, The Thunderbolts have taken their revenge on everyone and Odin declares war on Earth with Thor forced to choose sides. It ends with Asgard and Earth at peace. Justin Hammer in custody, the Thunderbolts as outlaws and Tony Stark as Director of SHIELD.

Phase 6

Captain Marvel: Ascension (Ghazi Rashid gains control of a world destroying super weapon)

Guardians of the Galaxy/Inhumans: War of Kings (If Marvel doesn't have rights to the Shi'Ar by this point, I'll be astounded)

Iron Man: The Future (The Mandarin's vengeance is complete. With the power of a dead celestial to release Extremis across the Earth, Iron Man must join forces with Zeke Stane to break out of the laboratories of Prometheus Corporation before Mandarin's plan to "improve" humanity kills billions. Can Tony stop Project Ultimo while being forced to work on it and can he and Zeke put aside their differences before killing each other?)

Captain America: No Escape. (Zemo may be a fugitive but he has one last trick up his sleeve. The Winter Soldier was once his father's personal assassin from back when and now Winter Soldier is put on trial in Russia for assassinating Nikita Khrushchev while working for Leviathan on orders from Heinrich Zemo during the 1960s.

Thunderbolts: Community Service (Iron Man appoints Luke Cage and Hawkeye to lead the Thunderbolts but not if Baron Zemo has anything to say about it. Will Zemo allow Loki's Wrecking Crew to go on a road trip of mayhem and destruction just to ally himself with HYDRA once again or will have prove that he's at his heart a hero?)

Ghost Rider: Avenging Angel (Zadkiel, the angel of freedom and mercy leads a second rebellion of angels against YHWH and takes the throne of heaven, casting out all angels loyal to the LORD. Ghost Rider isn't allowed back into heaven despite Lucifer and Samyaza being forgiven. Now with a demon-infested heaven and an empty hell, Ghost Rider needs to put things back the way they were so he can work towards his redemption as the angel of vengeance.)

Hulk: Fall of the Pantheon (Pantheon rebels when Hulk finds out that several of his own men are guilty of war crimes, Betty sacrifices herself to stop Hulk's soldiers, Rick Jones becomes the A-Bomb and Hulk is now blamed for all of Pantheon's crimes.)

Thor: The God Butcher (Gorr is angry at Asgard's resurrection as he seeks to destroy all immortal beings. Thor may have to team up with Dormammu to stop him.)

West Coast Avengers: The Gatherers (When a mysterious man known as Proctor invades our world to flee from an interdemensional bounty hunter called Magdalene, the Avengers must decide who's the real threat and learn that Proctor is actually the potential future of one of their own members. When they don't know if they can trust Magdalene's word that Proctor is evil, can they even trust Black Knight anymore?)

Mighty Avengers: Taking AIM (Monica Rappacini's science experiment goes incredibly wrong when her test subject usurps control of AIM and begins producing Super Adaptoids which have the power to copy any super power they come in contact with.)

Phase 7

Hulk: Planet Hulk (Iron Man shoots Hulk into space after blaming him for Pantheon's misdeeds. Hulk becomes an enslaved Gladiator and works his way up to becoming emperor of the Sakaarans)

Iron Man: The Inevitable (Arthur Parks is a brilliant scientist working for Tony Stark who finds himself building a harness that allows him to transform himself into a pure energy state. The catch is that a test goes wrong and Tony inadvertently transformers Parks permanently. Whereas Tony sees a man he needs to keep imprisoned to help him, Spymaster sees a weapon he can sell to the highest bidder. Can tony save parks before Spymaster unleashes a terrifying living weapon upon the Earth?)

Mighty Avengers/Thunderbolts: The Nefaria Protocols (Zemo's vengeance on Captain America is complete... except for the Extremis-powered crime boss who's working with Iron Man's ex-stalker/his daughter to unleash a highly addictive and lethal narcotic onto the market. Captain America and Zemo must completely bury the hatchet and learn to becomes true allies or else Count Nefaria will conquer the world. The catch is that Zemo already deployed an assassin named Bravo to kill Steve. This is the part where Zemo must truly earn his redemption and swear off world domination or become the irredeemable villain he always borders on being.)

West Coast Avengers: World War Hulk (Hulk returns with the Sakaaran army to get revenge on Iron Man and conquer all of Earth. Tony plans on fighting off an alien invasion that he's in part responsible for by lying to his team that Hulk sent himself into space and is nothing more an an insane conqueror. Hulk also owes Iron man a rematch from Age of Ultron.)

And none of these phases are complete. This is just what I want to see.

Last edited by Dasher10; 10-30-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #62
kguillou
Side-Kick

I think Marvel's got two options for Phase four and beyond. Either 1) scale back a bit after going so big and epic in Phase 3 and focus on "smaller" characters like Dr. Strange, Panther, Ghost Rider, The Defenders, Blade etc. Or 2) go even BIGGER than phase 3 and find a way to get THE FANTASTIC FOUR from Fox and focus on Dr. Doom, The Skrulls and GALACTUS.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:24 AM   #63
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Except the New Avengers have been renamed Defenders while Hulk and Doctor Strange have jumped ship to Avengers. I feel like West Coast Avengers would be Iron Man's team while Captain America would take the New York team and in the comics, the official Avengers team for New York State is Mighty Avengers. Everyone else shifts between teams.
The New Avengers changing their name to Defenders proves that names can be used for whatever reason. I think the title "New Avengers" is far more marketable than Avengers: West Coast, which sounds like a spin-off. Keep in mind you're talking to someone who can't stand the New Avengers comic book concept (which was Bendis abandoning everything about the classic team and populating it with his pet favorite heroes and villains) but the name itself is definitely more marketable.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:41 AM   #64
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

What movie do you guys think will be the first non-sequel of phase 4?

Old 10-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #65
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

Quote:
I don't know honestly. I can't really think of what heroes could be introduced in their own films after phase 3. I think the biggest one would be Nova. They also still have a script for Runaways. Distribution rights for Namor are apparently still at Universal. And then there are characters like Ghost Rider and Punisher, I don't know what Marvel will do with them.

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #66
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Probably Black Widow. I would say Hulk, Namor or Spider-Man, but the rights issues and the sharing of profits therein. I think the next 'new' character to solo a film will be She Hulk. Possibly Nova, but I forsee him being rolled in deeply into GotG instead.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #67
Avid Avenger
Side-Kick

Phase IV

Avengers: Infinity War Pt II

Guardians of the Galaxy: Nova

Dr Strange: Sorcerer Supreme

Black Panther: The Man-Ape

The Fantastic Four

Captain Marvel 2

Namor: Rise of Atlantis

Inhumans: The Mad King

Avengers: Secret Invasion

PHASE V

Spider-Man: The Sinister Six

The Illuminati

The Fantastic Four: the Latvia Dictator

Captain America: Fallen Son

All I have so far

Avid Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #68
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Can't see them making a solo Black Widow film. She has no powers so it will be basically a standard spy thriller with lots of action. Not saying that it wouldn't make a good film, just that it wouldn't excite people that much. Not enough sci fi/fantasy to it.

Old 10-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #69
Loki882
Side-Kick

GOTG 3: War of Kings.

Captain Marvel: Moonstone.

Inhumans: The Unspoken.

Black Widow: The Longest Winter.

Doctor Strange: The Dark Dimension.

Black Panther: The Savage Hunt.

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.

Marvel's Blade.

Last edited by Loki882; 10-31-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #70
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Can't see them making a solo Black Widow film. She has no powers so it will be basically a standard spy thriller with lots of action. Not saying that it wouldn't make a good film, just that it wouldn't excite people that much. Not enough sci fi/fantasy to it.
Yeah, just like they didn't go to see TWS despite it not having a lot of that stuff, oh wait they did. Just like they never go to see Bond or Bourne movies, oh wait they do. Just like they never went to see the grounded and gritty Nolan Batman films, oh wait they did.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #71
Silvermoth
Avenger

Ha, I was just coming in to post a thread like this. I was about to ask if there are any major sustainable characters left that could make their own franchises? So many people have come up with good ideas already I see.

I would probably make a runaways and moon knight movie and a she hulk and white tiger tv series that lead into the joining the new defenders

Old 10-31-2014, 05:20 PM   #72
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yeah, just like they didn't go to see TWS despite it not having a lot of that stuff, oh wait they did. Just like they never go to see Bond or Bourne movies, oh wait they do. Just like they never went to see the grounded and gritty Nolan Batman films, oh wait they did.
Captain America and Batman are 2 of the most famous superheroes. Who have something extremely special about them.

Bond is a franchise that has been built over the last 40 years.

Yes it could be another Bourne. But so could any other action film. Black Widow wouldn't make it anymore special. The only thing that would make it special is the Marvel logo.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #73
meanmc
Side-Kick

I do not think that we see phase 4 without Thor, Iron Man or Captain America solo movies!!!

As i did understand, Thor 3 will bring Thor to a new "level" - so they will do a Thor 4 in the next phase! (for sure)

Passing the shield of Captain America to Bucky or Falcon - i prefer Bucky - would be a good idea, but i do not think that a movie without the original Cap will be good at the box office. Therefore, this movie will maybe start with Bucky, but will end with the real one with the shield
(But i think, maybe we will see this already in Avergers 3 Part1 - Bucky taking Caps shield after Cap 3 and Cap returning in Avengers 3 Part 2)

Not bringing back Iron Man for a solo movie would also be wasted money!!

Therefore, all 3 will have a solo movie in phase 4 - or, at least they will have 2 (Thor and Captain America) and one crossover with Iron Man!

For Hulk - they said, that it is unlikely to see a solo movie soon, as there are some problems with the rights!
But maybe there is a possibility to do a Hulk/Iron Man movie?!

As they start some new franchises, there is a good chance to see some sequels too. And i am sure, they already planning some...
But just to rely on the new faces will not be their move. It is a nice idea, but in the end this has to work also at the box office.
And the numbers can easily go down, if you do not remember your "big names"...

They will probably do 9 movies in phase 4...

For sure:
Inhumans 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Avengers 4
Thor 4
Captain America 4
Iron Man 4

the other ones
Dr. Strange 2 (good bet)
Black Panther 2 (also a good bet)

The 9. movie will be either Hulk, a crossover movie, a new face or a sequel to Ms Marvel or Ant-Man - depending on their success!

I do not think, that we see more than one new franchise in phase 4 - they already have to many new faces in phase 3. The audience first has to get used to them (in phase 4)!
And, as great as some ideas sound, i think some are difficult to justify a 200 Mio Dollar movie...

Last edited by meanmc; 11-06-2014 at 03:44 PM.
meanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #74
ctriis
Side-Kick

I think you make some good points, meanmc, but I do believe they will kill off either Tony Stark or Steve Rogers by the end of Phase 3. Possibly both. They might still make solo Cap and/or Iron Man movies, but now with Bucky/Falcon taking over as Cap and/or Rhodes taking over as Iron Man. Alternatively they may do another new character's solo movie instead of either in Phase 4.

Personally I'd like to see these in Phase 4:
1. Inhumans 2
2. Guardians of the Galaxy 3
3. Avengers 4
4. Captain America 4 (with Bucky as the new Cap)
5. Black Panther 2
6. Namor The Submariner
7. Planet Hulk
8-9. If it's possible Marvel might get the rights to Spider-Man and FF by then I'd like to see them both in either solo movies or some ensemble film(s) leading into Secret Wars as a part of Phase 5.

ctriis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #75
meanmc
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctriis View Post
I think you make some good points, meanmc, but I do believe they will kill off either Tony Stark or Steve Rogers by the end of Phase 3. Possibly both. They might still make solo Cap and/or Iron Man movies, but now with Bucky/Falcon taking over as Cap and/or Rhodes taking over as Iron Man.
Thanks...

Killing Steve Rogers - hmm, could be, of course! Especially if you remember, that Sebastian Stan seems to have a "longtime" contract. (Was it 9 movies? Is there so much to do for the Winter Soldier? Or does it really mean, that he will take over the shield?)
It would be an interesting idea, but i am not sure, if that will work at the box office...

Personally i still like to see Steve Rogers with the shield. But i like the idea killing Steve Rogers at the end of Captain America 3, and bringing him back later.
The only problem i have with that is - there is no movie for this scenario. And that would mean, Bucky would be in both Avengers 3 movies as Captain America! Could work... of course!
But i do not think, that it will happen - Steve Rogers will be back by Avengers 3 Part 2, latest. And that would ruin the whole thing in my eyes. Therefore i do not buy this at all...
And i am thinking - how do they do this? And, why they do not have a different (movie) schedule for this "problem?
Or will Thor bring Rogers back after Ragnarok

Falcon as Captain America - i do not see this! He will be established as permanent sidekick in Captain America 3, and they may think about an evolution for him thereafter. But i do not think, that he will get the shield.
That sounds nice in comics, but in the theater i do not believe that this will work - only, if at the end (of the movie) Steve Rogers will take over, AND plays a big part in the movie too. But if - why they want to change the Captain America "player"?
Because of a good story? Okay... for (longtime) replacement - i do not think so...

I see neither Bucky, nor Falcon for one whole movie with the shield - but, just my guess...

Kicking out Tony Stark (RJD) will not happen - no way!
I do not think that Rhodes can "lead a movie", and for sure no Iron Man movie!
But, also just my opinion - we will see what happens...

Last edited by meanmc; 11-06-2014 at 07:10 PM.
meanmc is offline   Reply With Quote