The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 11-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #76
ajpro
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Don't you think there will be too many superheroes to give each one a single movie? I mean Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Strange, Ant-man, Hulk, Panther, Capt. Marvel, everyone with their supporting cast and lets not forget Inhumans and GOTG. They will either drop half of them (and make lots of fans angry), or phase 4 will continue for 5 years with 3 movies every year (and oversaturation of market will happen much sooner). Or they can slow down a bit, make, say, 2 movies a year, but make it an Avengers-level events shuffling characters for each movie. And add some team-ups. Kinda like:

- World War Hulk
- Runaways
- Annihilation
- Thunderbolts
- Secret Invasion
- Dark Reign

ajpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #77
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

I'm still so mindblown by the Phase 3 news that thinking of phase 4 just seems preposterous
seriously, can we enjoy what we're getting before going nuts thinking about the future
P4 won't be till the 2020's guys... the 20-friggin-20's! Don't rush life.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #78
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

I just had a crazy thought: Do you think there's any chance of Marvel Studios producing a film based around a completely new and original character in the future? With all the creativity swirling around that department you'd think they've bounced some pretty interesting ideas off each other. They could reverse the process: release a movie with a new Marvel super hero and support it with a new comic line.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #79
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Yeah but they'd get backlash from every fan of a character who hasn't gotten a movie yet if they put out an original first.

Not that that really matters to a movie studio, but just imagine how pissed a Nova fan would be if, idk, SpanxMan got a movie before their favey, lol

Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #80
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by drod1985 View Post
I just had a crazy thought: Do you think there's any chance of Marvel Studios producing a film based around a completely new and original character in the future? With all the creativity swirling around that department you'd think they've bounced some pretty interesting ideas off each other. They could reverse the process: release a movie with a new Marvel super hero and support it with a new comic line.
Yes, I think that's bound to happen eventually.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:29 AM   #81
meanmc
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpro View Post
Don't you think there will be too many superheroes to give each one a single movie? I mean Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Strange, Ant-man, Hulk, Panther, Capt. Marvel, everyone with their supporting cast and lets not forget Inhumans and GOTG. They will either drop half of them (and make lots of fans angry), or phase 4 will continue for 5 years with 3 movies every year (and oversaturation of market will happen much sooner). Or they can slow down a bit, make, say, 2 movies a year, but make it an Avengers-level events shuffling characters for each movie. And add some team-ups.
We will see - i think they will react on that, what phase 3 will bring. If all works fine, they will continue with 3 movies (expand it even to 4?).
If something does not work, maybe they will limit these characters to "team-up"-movies!?
I think we will see many characters in Captain America 3 - i expact a similar movie for phase 4...

As i see no Ant-Man 2 in phase 3, you see, they do not automatically bring a sequel! As some characters will indeed be (only) in team-up movies or in the next Avenger movie!

I think (of course ), my posted list of movies is a very good guess. I am really sure, that we will see most of the mentioned movies (if phase 3 works in total)!

But you are right. They have to find their limit soon. I do not think that it is possible to bring new faces (in solo movies) "every year"!
Not, because that would not work, but because there are already so many new faces and characters...

Therefore, phase 3 is a big test for the MCU! Maybe they even go a little bit too far with that?!
Or it just works for phase 3, but will be difficult for phase 4...

But i think, they will have a big schedule for phase 4 anyway!

For me it is quite obvious, that the MCU must still be build around heroes like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk and The Avengers!
That are the most popular heroes - and everybody knows that. There are still so many possibilities for them - i think it would be a big failure, to limit these characters in the future to "team-up"-movies...

Last edited by meanmc; 11-08-2014 at 05:42 AM.
meanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:36 AM   #82
meanmc
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just had a crazy thought: Do you think there's any chance of Marvel Studios producing a film based around a completely new and original character in the future?
I was thinking about the same, the last few days - and it looks like a great idea.
But on the other hand, it would be very risky.
But, if they have a new character in the pipeline, they easily could test him in a "team-up" movie! Why not... it is almost logical, that something like this will come!

But i do not see any solo-movie soon! They have enough to "do" with the existing characters!

meanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #83
MbJ
Side-Kick

I had a feeling that as the international box office becomes more and more important, they might be tempted to try and create some international heroes.

The thing that gave me the notion was an article about them publishing an exclusive Avengers story in South Korea featuring a new Korean superoine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah but they'd get backlash from every fan of a character who hasn't gotten a movie yet if they put out an original first.

Not that that really matters to a movie studio, but just imagine how pissed a Nova fan would be if, idk, SpanxMan got a movie before their favey, lol
Is that really a factor at this point? I think we've shown by now the general mass audience is much more important to the success of a movie than the hardcore fans.

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #84
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

Have the beyonder bring heroes and villians from all realities ($tudios). For the ultimate good vs evil battle.

Marvel: Secret Wars I-III (5 Billion at the box office)

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #85
Lord
All Mighty

I think Phase IV should end with World War Hulk, then the end game in Phase V or VI would be either Kang or Secret Invasion.

Secret Invasion would be tricky to pull off, you'dd need a better plot than the one in the comics.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #86
fixxxer
...goes to 11

Themes I would like to see in Phase 4:

* An MCU Fantastic Four movie building up Doom and his rise to leader of Latveria.
* On the supernatural side, a Ghost Rider/Blade team-up, Moon Knight on Netflix, a Dr. Strange sequel, culminating in a Midnight Sons movie.
* GOTG taking on an Annihilation / Annihilation: Conquest adaptation.
* Avengers 4: Galactus Hungers.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:55 AM   #87
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Phase 5 will most likely end with a big reboot event, very Crisis-esque, followed by "Ultimate Iron Man I"

I'm guessing the Secret Wars event next year might give us some indications.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #88
Shoppy
Side-Kick

This would do for PHASE !V for me ....

late 2019 - THUNDERBOLTS

May 2020 - IRON MAN 4
July 2020 - ANT MAN 2
Nov 2020 - PLANET HULK

May 2021 - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3
July 2021 - SECRET AVENGERS
Nov 2021 - DOCTOR STRANGE 2

May 2022 - AVENGERS: WORLD WAR HULK

Shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #89
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I'm hoping for a mini phase with Dr. Strange 2, Ghost Rider, Blade and perhaps another film that leads to the Midnight Sons where all the supernatural characters have to team up to take down Mephisto.
This is the dream people!

Old 11-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #90
biglite351
Side-Kick

Marvel Zombies... /thread

biglite351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:23 AM   #91
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I'm still so mindblown by the Phase 3 news that thinking of phase 4 just seems preposterous
seriously, can we enjoy what we're getting before going nuts thinking about the future
P4 won't be till the 2020's guys... the 20-friggin-20's! Don't rush life.
It might start in 2019 unless Marvel is only releasing 1 film in 2019.
Anyway, I would like to see solo films for Namor, She-Hulk and Spider-Woman.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:38 AM   #92
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpro View Post
Don't you think there will be too many superheroes to give each one a single movie? I mean Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Strange, Ant-man, Hulk, Panther, Capt. Marvel, everyone with their supporting cast and lets not forget Inhumans and GOTG. They will either drop half of them (and make lots of fans angry), or phase 4 will continue for 5 years with 3 movies every year (and oversaturation of market will happen much sooner). Or they can slow down a bit, make, say, 2 movies a year, but make it an Avengers-level events shuffling characters for each movie. And add some team-ups.
I think you're overstating the problem just a wee bit. Hulk's lack of a movie has to do with the nature of the character vs the nature of superhero films, so no worries there, and if RDJ is staying on as supporting-character-Tony-Stark then there's not going to be a new Iron Man film per se.

You're also on the right track that some of these characters can be collapsed. War of Kings/Annihilation can be GotG and Inhumans together. Throw in Captain Marvel in there too, y'know?

So in the end, you really have, like 10 movies over four years. Two years at two films, two at three films. Cap, Thor, Strange, Ant-Man, Panther, Captain Marvel, 2 Cosmic movies, a new property and Avengers.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #93
Lord
All Mighty

Whenever Marvel gets the Fantastic Four rights back, they need to give Galactus his entire Phase, some of the best cinematic villains have their oun iconic henchmen, the heralds of Galactus could serve as extreme hype.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #94
MbJ
Side-Kick

I also want to see Shang-Chi in Phase IV.

MbJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #95
Lord
All Mighty

My suggestion for Phase IV:

2019 - Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle/ Planet Hulk (Would be a nod to 2008, which had the MCU opening with an Iron Man and Hulk movie)
2020 - The Runaways/ Guardians of the Galaxy 3/ Black Panther 2
2021 - Captain Marvel 2/ Black Widow & Hawkeye/ Nova
2022 - Avengers: World War Hulk

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #96
WBwins
Side-Kick

2019 - Dr strange 2 / Planet Hulk
2020 - Blade / Guardians of the Galaxy 3/ Black Panther 2
2021 - Captain Marvel 2 / Inhumans 2
2022 - Avengers:World war hulk /Namor

Thor,Cap and Ironman are sidelined for now

Last edited by WBwins; 11-21-2014 at 02:51 AM.
WBwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #97
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

As long as we see Kang in phase 4, I'll be happy with whatever.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #98
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
As long as we see Kang in phase 4, I'll be happy with whatever.
Kang would definitely kindle my interest in Phase 4.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #99
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think you're overstating the problem just a wee bit. Hulk's lack of a movie has to do with the nature of the character vs the nature of superhero films, so no worries there, and if RDJ is staying on as supporting-character-Tony-Stark then there's not going to be a new Iron Man film per se.

You're also on the right track that some of these characters can be collapsed. War of Kings/Annihilation can be GotG and Inhumans together. Throw in Captain Marvel in there too, y'know?

So in the end, you really have, like 10 movies over four years. Two years at two films, two at three films. Cap, Thor, Strange, Ant-Man, Panther, Captain Marvel, 2 Cosmic movies, a new property and Avengers.
Actually Hulk's lack of movie is because Disney doesn't own the distribution rights to the character's solo franchise.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:37 AM   #100
ralphuniverse
Side-Kick

G'day,

I have been thinking about this too. They already have 50% of such a character in the MCU. Melinda Qiaolian May , The Cavalry. Consider. She has a super hero name, a costume and she is the only one that can use the Asgardian Berserker staff. Admittedly there are limits on her use which is why I said she is only 50% a superhero, but she used in to destroy a house in one episode. But imagine she has an adventure with an Asgardian like Lady Sif or even Thor. They find her a worthy person so tune the staff to her nervous system so she can safely at full capacity.

I'm not saying she deserves her own movie but she would be worthy of super hero status and would be a good supporting character.

ta

Ralph

Quote:

ralphuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote