The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Aquaman > Aquaman

Old 10-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Default The Official Aquaman-ip Thread!

Please post your art here!

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Default Re: The Official Aquaman-ip Thread!

Here is my revised version of the manip I posted in the BvS thread...I did some adjusting of the skinsuit a bit. I could understand the comments that the other suit was too busy with texture and all that. Maybe this is better. I'm up for any suggestions!

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Here is my revised version of the manip I posted in the BvS thread...I did some adjusting of the skinsuit a bit. I could understand the comments that the other suit was too busy with texture and all that. Maybe this is better. I'm up for any suggestions!

I would prefer it to be more shiny.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:

I would prefer it to be more shiny

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:

Needs a belt and some details on the collar and the outer edge of the gloves. it looks sorta weird atm.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

By AxellSierra

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer

Last edited by John-An; 03-08-2015 at 07:57 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:48 AM   #7
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Fan art by Darren Tibbles:

http://daztibbles.deviantart.com/art/Aquaman-521779101

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Now THAT is Aquaman.

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
The funny thing about this image is when I saw it, I thought "what an ugly little Namor-like character, surely fromgame of thrones mythology or something."
Then I read the name "Aquaman"... and I thought it was a joke. the only common thing with any form of Aquaman I've ever seen is the trident... ...

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #10
Vonter-Voman
Side-Punch

I changed the yellow to red and did some other changes

Original by Lukas Schneider

I never thought it would be possible to make Black Manta look cool in live action without changing too much of his design. Something like this would be awesome.

Vonter-Voman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:11 AM   #11
Willi Berg
Matrix Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonter-Voman View Post
I changed the yellow to red and did some other changes

I like it. It looks more hi-tech.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #12
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

I really like it as well. Though does it make sense for a character to look this hi-tech?
Especially given more crude and primitive aesthetic of Atlanteans, as it can be seen with Momoa's costume.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #13
Vonter-Voman
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerWolf View Post
I really like it as well. Though does it make sense for a character to look this hi-tech?
Especially given more crude and primitive aesthetic of Atlanteans, as it can be seen with Momoa's costume.
Yes, it makes sense for him. It's an armor he uses, that gives him enhanced strenght and durability. Plus he can shoot beams with his eyes. He has lots of technologic stuff that he desenvolved.

After all he's just a man, but can fight against Aquaman. (EDIT: Actually he was a bit enhanced by a serum... but the armor enhances it even more. I don't know if this is still true in the current continuity.)

I mean, he doesn't need to be exactly like this. He could have less red lights over his body too. But it doesn't look too much hi-tech to me.

Last edited by Vonter-Voman; 08-02-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #14
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Yes, it makes sense for him. It's an armor he uses, that gives him enhanced strenght and durability. Plus he can shoot beams with his eyes. He has lots of technologic stuff that he desenvolved.

After all he's just a man, but can fight against Aquaman. (EDIT: Actually he was a bit enhanced by a serum... but the armor enhances it even more. I don't know if this is still true in the current continuity.)

I mean, he doesn't need to be exactly like this. He could have less red lights over his body too. But it doesn't look too much hi-tech to me.
Ah, so I take it he is not Atlantean, or his technology comes from different place? Sorry, I am not well-versed when it comes to Aquaman mythos.

If that's the case and him having advanced technology would make sense in the films, I wouldn't something like this at all. I like the look.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
Old 08-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #15
Vonter-Voman
Side-Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerWolf View Post
Ah, so I take it he is not Atlantean, or his technology comes from different place? Sorry, I am not well-versed when it comes to Aquaman mythos.

If that's the case and him having advanced technology would make sense in the films, I wouldn't something like this at all. I like the look.
No, he isn't Atlantean. In the current version, IIRC, he was a pirate/mercenary that was hired by Orm to kill Arthur. He wasn't able to kill Arthur, but because of the fight, Tom Curry had a heart attack and died. Arthur blamed Black Manta and hunted him trying to kill him. He located his boat, but in his blind rage he actually killed Manta's father, and Manta shortly arrived and saw this. Then he promised revenge.

Before that, Manta never really had a reason to hate Aquaman so much, but he did. He's like Aquaman's Professor Zoom

Old 08-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #16
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
No, he isn't Atlantean. In the current version, IIRC, he was a pirate/mercenary that was hired by Orm to kill Arthur. He wasn't able to kill Arthur, but because of the fight, Tom Curry had a heart attack and died. Arthur blamed Black Manta and hunted him trying to kill him. He located his boat, but in his blind rage he actually killed Manta's father, and Manta shortly arrived and saw this. Then he promised revenge.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Before that, Manta never really had a reason to hate Aquaman so much, but he did. He's like Aquaman's Professor Zoom

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
Old 08-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #17
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

He also killed Aquaman's son. Evil, vicious bastard.

Jake Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #18
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

Quote:

Quote:

Actually it was a Dr. who wanted to prove Atlanteans existed and hired Manta to take a sample of blood from Arthur.

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #19
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

BMCAABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #20
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Old 09-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Old 09-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #22
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Old 09-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #23
BMCAABY
Side-Kick

Old 09-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #24
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
Old 10-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #25
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ