The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 11-11-2015, 02:21 PM   #76
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Default Re: Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Sounds pretty solid.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:37 PM   #77
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
So with Target's B2G1 free sale, I was thinking of getting Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, A Link Between Worlds, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

After taking advantage of their wishlist discount and a registry discount, the total would be $65, so just a little under $22 per game. How does that sound?

I know Nintendo games rarely go this low, even a couple of the best 3DS games based on what I've heard people say about Zelda and Fire Emblem.
That's a solid deal for those three, especially Fire Emblem and Zelda. Those are still going used at Gamestop for a minimum $25.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #78
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I ended up pulling the trigger, mainly because Fire Emblem was listed as not available online, but it was available for pick up at my store. So I figured it was now or never. I think I'm pretty much set for the time being.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:53 AM   #79
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Puzzle & Dragons Game Revealed For Nintendo 3DS. November 11, 2015 . 4:15am

We previously got Puzzle & Dragons Z and Super Mario Bros. Edition for Nintendo 3DS, and it’s recently been revealed that another 3DS title is in development.

Quote:

We previously got Puzzle & Dragons Z and Super Mario Bros. Edition for Nintendo 3DS, and the latest issue of CoroCoro Comic reveals that the series is getting another title for 3DS. [Thanks, Hachima.]

While details remain light for the time being, the new title reveal is shown on the cover of the latest issue of the magazine. We’ll have more details on it once more information becomes available.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Puzzle & Dragons on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #80
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

BTW Spidey, not sure if you saw this, but if you're interested in expanding your 3DS library here's a solid list.

http://kotaku.com/the-12-best-games-on-the-3ds-5878903

Old 11-12-2015, 12:36 PM   #81
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
BTW Spidey, not sure if you saw this, but if you're interested in expanding your 3DS library here's a solid list.

http://kotaku.com/the-12-best-games-on-the-3ds-5878903
Sweet, thanks! Animal Crossing is a game I've heard a lot about and always felt like I should try one out, and I never played the original Luigi's Mansion, so Dark Light could be a good option. And if I ever try out Majora's Mask, I'm going to need some strategy guide help or something because I tried to play it years ago on console and felt completely lost for some reason. I guess I just didn't understand the concept all that well back then. I also really enjoy Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi games, so I'm also going to keep those in mind for the future.

I gotta say though, after spending the last 5 years as a console only gamer, I got very used to trophies and stuff, so it's been very hard to go back and replay an old game, or play a Nintendo game just for the sake of the experience. I miss it, but at the same time, there's something about being "rewarded" for an action that's just so addicting.

Last edited by SpideyVille; 11-12-2015 at 12:40 PM.
SpideyVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #82
Travesty
Side-Kick

Then do the in-game challenges. Like for the Mario games, it's finding all the stars, or for Mario Kart, it's getting perfect 3-star races, etc.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #83
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Getting three stars in each cup in Mario Kart consumed my soul for so long.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 PM   #84
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Pokemon Blue/Green, Red and Yellow were announced for the 3DS VC via the Direct today. First time a mainline Pokemon game has been announced for any of the VC services. They are going to use the WiFi of the 3DS in place of the cable for trading and battling.

Seems Japan is even getting boxed releases lol:

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #85
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I'm cool with digital VC releases. I can play classic Pokemon anywhere I go now. Zero complaints. Also got the release date for, essentially, three Fire Emblem games. I'm definitely getting that special edition of FE Fates. This Direct was more awesome than their E3 by miles.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #86
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds...edition/126782

Mega Man Legacy Edition CE for 3DS will come with a Gold Mega Man amiibo.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #87
Travesty
Side-Kick

Wait, I thought that game was coming out in Dec, but that link says Feb.

Bahhh.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #88
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I don't know, all of the physical releases are slated for February at Gamestop's website.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2015, 03:37 AM   #89
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS
Monster Hunter X Star Fox collaboration announced
Published 8 hours ago. 9 comments.

Quote:
"Tigrex Variant" monster unveiled.

Capcom has announced a Star Fox collaboration for Monster Hunter X in the form of a costume and weapon for your Felyne Palico.

You’ll be able to get the outfit via 7-Eleven’s 7SPOT Wi-Fi.

Additionally, Capcom announced the “Tigrex Variant,” a new variant of Tigrex monsters set to appear in Monster Hunter X.

Monster Hunter X is due out for 3DS in Japan on November 28.
Watch the Star Fox collaboration trailer below.

Read More

3DS, Capcom, Clips, Monster Hunter X, Trailers

Also with

3DS
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam release date set
Published 10 hours ago. 3 comments.
Quote:
Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario meet in December (or January).

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam will launch for 3DS in Japan on December 3, in Europe on December 4, and in North America on January 22, 2016, Nintendo announced.

The E3 2015-announced game sees the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario series meet in an RPG crossover. Using compatible amiibo, players can create a corresponding character card in the game, which has powerful effects during battle.

Watch a new trailer below.

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Clips, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Nintendo, Release Dates, Screenshots, Trailers

source: Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 11-13-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #90
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Videos Show Off Story And Amiibo Functionality. November 18, 2015 . 8:30am

The two latest videos give us a look at the upcoming game’s story,
as well as how amiibos will function with it.

Quote:

Nintendo has recently released two new Japanese videos for the Nintendo 3DS title Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. Here’s a look at the first video, which mainly focuses on the game’s story.

In Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, the worlds of the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series become intertwined, and it’s up to Mario and Luigi to work with Paper Mario to set things right again. The video shows us a little of the game’s story, including both Bowser and Paper Bowser kidnapping their respective universe’s Princess Peach. The game will combine various elements from both series during your quest to rescue the princess.

The second video released by Nintendo is a short example of how amiibos can be used to help you out during battles.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam will release for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on December 3rd, 2015, in Europe on December 4th, in Australia on December 10th, and North America on January 22nd, 2016.

Read more stories about Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Also with

Pearl White New Nintendo 3DS XL To Release For North America In December. November 18, 2015 . 7:30am

The Pearl White New Nintendo 3DS XL is up for pre-order,

and will be available in the US in December for $239.99 via Play-Asia.
Quote:

Play-Asia has announced that the Pearl White New Nintendo 3DS XL, originally a Japanese exclusive, will be available in the US in December, 2015. The system is already available for pre-order and costs $239.99.

Here are details from Play-Asia:
A Pearl White version of the New Nintendo 3DS XL will be releasing with full NTSC U/C compatibility early December, 2015. The Pearl White color design has currently only been announced in Asia & Japan, with no word of a domestic US release.
Read more stories about New Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Last edited by zenith16; 11-18-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #91
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

What are the odds we get a Paper Mario amiibo? I'd give my left leg for a cool Paper Mario amiibo.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:50 PM   #92
Travesty
Side-Kick

Ha, I thought you were done with Amiibos?

Old 11-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #93
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Ha, I thought you were done with Amiibos?
They got their hooks back into me once they started releasing them in a decent number. I'm not buying them all anymore. I only buy the ones I really, really dig. My collection's is much, much smaller.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #94
Travesty
Side-Kick

I still only have three, and the only new one I want, is Shovel Knight.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:01 PM   #95
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I've got:
Fox
Shulk
Ganondorf
Mega Man
Link
Olimar
Ike
Wario
Bowser Jr
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo
Greninja
Charizard
8 bit Mario classic

I've got Falco on pre-order and will get it on Saturday. Collection is much smaller, but still decent.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #96
zenith16
Side-Kick

Monster Hunter X Won’t Feature Monster Subspecies. November 23, 2015 . 6:30am

Capcom explained that the reason is because they want to add more variety of regular monsters, rather than adding more monster subspecies, instead.
Quote:

Monster Hunter X brings a variety of new gameplay elements with Hunting Styles, Hunting Arts, and even lets you play as a Felyne. It will, however, not have any subspecies, as revealed in the latest issue of Nintendo Dream. [Thanks, Game Memo, via Hachima.]

The information comes from an interview in the magazine, where the developers said “it depends on what exactly you consider a subspecies,” but for example, monsters listed as “Rathalos Subspecies” and other “subspecies” won’t make an appearance in the game.

Capcom explained that the reason is because they want to add more variety of regular monsters, rather than adding more monster subspecies, instead.

Monster Hunter X will release for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan on November 28th, 2015.

Read more stories about Monster Hunter X & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
Also with

Style Savvy 3 Videos Show Off Its amiibo Unlockables And More. November 23, 2015 . 9:30am

Style Savvy 3 recently had its European release and two new videos have surfaced showing off its gameplay and various amiibo unlockables.

Quote:

Style Savvy 3 (titled New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward in Europe) recently had its European release and two new videos have surfaced showing off its gameplay and various amiibo unlockables.

First off, here’s a look at 2 hours of footage from the game.

The video shows off a lot of the game’s story and gameplay, as well as the clients you can shop for and the items you can buy as you run your boutique.

The second video gives us a look at the different in-game items unlocked via amiibos, including Mario’s recognizable hat, a scarf inspired by The Legend of Zelda’s Sheik, and many more.

Style Savvy 3 is now available for Nintendo 3DS in Europe. However, a North American localization has yet to be announced.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Style Savvy 3 on Siliconera.
lastly

220 views 9 hours ago
EP Daily’s 2015 Holiday Shopping Guide Part 1 – Nintendo Guide
It's that time of year again! If you need some tips about what to get your loved ones this holiday season,
our resident Santa Clauses Vic, Scott, and Marissa are bringing you a five-part holiday shopping guide all week long! To kick things off,

Here's the full show below

EP Daily Full Show – November 23, 2015

Today on EP Daily, we examine the microtransactions of Forza Motorsport 6 in the Rundown;
we get you into the Christmas spirit with the first instalment of our Holiday Shopping Guide series;
we hit the court for a review of Mario

source:Siliconera & EPN.tv

Old 11-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #97
zenith16
Side-Kick

National StreetPass Weekend Being Held Over Thanksgiving. November 24, 2015 . 12:30pm

A Nintendo National StreetPass Weekend will be held over Thanksgiving and Black Friday for Nintendo 3DS owners.

Quote:

Nintendo has announced a National StreetPass Weekend that will begin November 26. Between those dates, people who visit participating Nintendo Zones with their Nintendo 3DS can pick up StreetPasses from other users across the country who have also visited said zones.

The National StreetPass Weekend coincides with Thanksgiving and Black Friday, as well as two SpotPass events for Nintendo games. People who connect to the internet in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer can design a home for Felyne, from the Monster Hunter series. Pokemon X, Y, Alpha Sapphire, and Omega Ruby owners can also acquire a Hoopa by choosing the Mystery Gift option in-game when at a Nintendo Zone to acquire the legendary Pokemon Hoopa.

This Nintendo National StreetPass Weekend will end on Sunday, November 29.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

next up

PS Vita, 3DS, PlayStation 4, PC
Retro City Rampage sequel Shakedown Hawaii announced
Published 7 hours ago. 10 comments.

Quote:
Play it at PlayStation Experience in early December.

Retro City Rampage developer Vblank Entertainment has announced Shakedown Hawaii, a new open world adventure coming to PlayStation 4, PS Vita, 3DS, and PC via Steam.

Whereas Retro City Rampage was set in the 8-bit era, Shakdown Hawaii is set in the 16-bit era, and features destructible environments and powerful weapons. It’s set some 30 years after the events of Retro City Rampage and follows the player as he comes out of early retirement to rebuild his neglected corporate empire.

Shakedown Hawaii will be playable at PlayStation Experience in San Francisco from December 5 to 6.

Watch the debut trailer below.

View the first screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, PC, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Clips, Game Announce, Screenshots, Shakedown Hawaii, Trailers, Vblank Entertainment

Also with

3DS
Monster Hunter X Ushio and Tora collaboration announced
Published 14 hours ago. 9 comments.
Quote:
The X in Monster Hunter X is for collaboration.

The Monster Hunter X collaborations continue. Monster Hunter X has an Ushio and Tora collaboration for a special “Beast Spear” Insect Glaive.
When the Beast Spear is equipped, Tora becomes your Kinsect and your hair grows super long like Ushio’s.

You’ll be able to obtain the Insect Glaive via a quest launching January 27.
If you missed it, Monster Hunter X will also have collaborations with Yu-Gi-Oh, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, and Macross.

Monster Hunter X is due out for 3DS in Japan on November 28.
Thanks, Monhan Matome.

source: Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 11-24-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #98
zenith16
Side-Kick

Medabots 9 Trailer Highlights Its Story, Characters, And Medabots. November 25, 2015 . 2:45am

Medabots 9′s latest trailer gives us a look at its world you’ll get to explore,
along with some story parts and character introductions.
We also get to see the two new partner Medabots in Zipper and Souen.

Quote:

Medabots 9: Kabuto and Kuwagata is the latest installment of Rocket Company’s Robot collecting, battling,
and customizing series, and the company released the latest trailer for the game.

The story revolves around the protagonist named Tenma Wakakoma,
who isn’t the most experienced when it comes to Medabots, but he gets enrolled into an elite academy,
where he’ll face some unwanted attention.

He joins the Exploration Club, which isn’t regarded too well within the school,
but it’s where he’ll meet some new friends and Medabots that will join his journey in solving the mystery that awaits.

The trailer shows the series main Medabots in Metabee and Rokusho,
but in Medabots 9 you’ll have the choice between two new partners of the shooter-type Medabot Zipper and the ninja-like melee Medabot Souen.

You can check out our earlier report to read up on the other characters that are shown in the video, such as Tenma’s friend Kunigiku, the pretty girl Mio, and others.

Medabots 9 will release in Japan on December 24, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Medabots 9 & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #99
zenith16
Side-Kick

Latest Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Trailer Gives “Just the Fax”. December 8, 2015 . 8:30am

The new trailer gives us a quick glimpse at the game’s plot, as well as the various ways Mario, Luigi, and Paper Mario can team up to defeat enemies and overcome obstacles.

Quote:

Although Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam released in Europe last week, those wanting to play the game in North America will still have to wait until January to get their hands on it. In the meantime, Nintendo has released a brand new trailer titled “Just the Fax.”

The new trailer gives us a quick glimpse at the game’s plot, as well as the various ways Mario, Luigi, and Paper Mario can team up to defeat enemies and overcome obstacles. We even get a look at how amiibos can be used to help create special Character Cards in the game.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam will release for the Nintendo 3DS in North America on January 22nd, 2016.

Read more stories about Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera
Also with

Medabots 9 Trailer Shows Off Its New “Robattle” Action. December 9, 2015 . 4:00am

Medabots 9′s latest trailer gives us a look at the latest Robattle action, which includes some new features that will be introduced in the newest installment of the series.

Quote:

Medabots 9’
s latest trailer gives us a look at the latest Robattle action, which includes some new features that will be introduced in the newest installment of the series.

The video starts out with a Robattle explanation, on how it’s done through 3v3 battles with the winner being decided after one takes out the rival’s leader Medabot. The trick is that you won’t know which one of the three Medabots are the leaders, so there are some strategic elements behind the party setups.

Leader Medabots have access to special sub-skills that can turn the tides in a battle, but keep in mind that these do “expose” which ones are your leader units. For example, the main Medabot unit Souen from the Kuwagata version has an ability that hits all parts of the enemy. Meanwhile, Zipper from the Kabuto version has the super useful aiming ability, which allows him to aim for specific parts.

While it may be risky to use these sub-skills, it can come in handy when you want to finish the fight, or if the opponent already discovers your leader. There are various other sub-skills as well.

After winning a Robattle, you’ll get to pick three parts from the opponent to keep. You can also collect parts via local connectivity and StreetPass.

Finally, Medabots 9 adds a whole new dimension to the Robattle with the new “Trance Parts.” You can exchange any part of a Medabot once per battle to a Trance Part, which can be used to bring in some extra damage or support when needed.

Medabots 9 will release in Japan on December 24, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Medabots 9 & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-11-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #100
zenith16
Side-Kick

another one of those games that's had an anime come up to the west next to the seven deadly sin's. And head to the west

3DS
Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan announced for 3DS
Published 13 hours ago. 9 comments.
Quote:
Due out in Japan on March 24

Bandai Namco has announced Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan for 3DS. It will launch in Japan on March 24 for 5,700 yen and first-print copies will include four 3DS themes and an in-game item.

In Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan, players become students of Class 3-E, and will spend their time in school from entrance to graduation while attending school events, trying to kill Koro-sensei, and taking tests. Players can train with Nagisa Shiota, take on missions with Karma Akabane, and enjoy communication among classmates.

Visit the official website here. View the first few screenshots at the gallery
. visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Screenshots, Bandai Namco, Game Announce, Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan

source: Gematsu