The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 12-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #101
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Default Re: Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

On a whim I picked up Chibi-Robo Zip Lash and I'm having a surprisingly good time with it. Isn't a ground breaking game, but it's pretty fun regardless.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #102
zenith16
Side-Kick

Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei To Release Worldwide On April 19. December 16, 2015 . 7:45am

According to the publishers, the Nintendo 3DS strategy game will also release digitally for Europe and Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan, and South Korea) on April 19,

2016 for a worldwide release.

Quote:

Aksys Games announced last month that they’re bringing Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei to North America, and they’ve recently followed up on Twitter revealing that it’s going to be a worldwide release.

According to the publishers, the Nintendo 3DS strategy game will also release digitally for Europe and Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan, and South Korea) on April 19, 2016 for a worldwide release.

Read more stories about Langrisser Re: Incarnation Tensei & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:47 AM   #103
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS
Ace Attorney 6 adds Athena Cykes
Published 2 days ago. 26 comments.

Quote:
Dual Destinies' analytical psychologist joins sequel.

Athena Cykes from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies will be a returning character in Ace Attorney 6, Capcom announced at Jump Festa 2016.

Analytical psychology is her strong suit and brings a breath of fresh air to the courtroom.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 6 is due out for 3DS in Japan in 2016. A western release is also planned.

Read More

3DS, Capcom, Jump Festa 2016, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 6

source: Gematsu

Old 12-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #104
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

So, I thinking of pulling the trigger and getting the New 3DS XL, but I still don't know how much I need it. I like the bigger screen, and I've heard that the 3D aspect works much better, whereas with the original one I have, I always play with 3D off.

My mom said she would split the cost with me for it as a Christmas gift, so I'd basically be getting it for $100 out of my own pocket ... but I guess I just need that little extra push in one direction or the other. I haven't put too much time into the games I have just yet, so I have those to look forward to, but at the same time, I almost feel like the 3DS life cycle is coming to a close.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #105
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I almost feel like the 3DS life cycle is coming to a close.
Nope, this just came out 10 days ago.

Quote:
Nintendo won't be abandoning its current line of handhelds anytime soon. According to executive VP of sales and marketing Scott Moffitt, "Nintendo 3DS is here to stay."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/...s-here-to-stay

Old 12-22-2015, 10:42 PM   #106
zenith16
Side-Kick

Watch A Full Hour Of Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Gameplay. December 22, 2015 . 8:00am

Those still waiting to get their hands on the game in North America can check out this hour-long gameplay video featuring a bit of the story,

exploration, and battles.
Quote:

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam released in Japan and Europe back at the start of December, but those wanting to play the game in North America still have about a month left to wait to get their hands on it.

In the meantime, you can check out this hour-long video from GameXplain as they play through a bit of the game’s story, explore its various environments, and get caught up in a few battles.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam will release in North America for the Nintendo 3DS on January 22nd, 2016.

Read more stories about Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:29 PM   #107
zenith16
Side-Kick

North America’s Last National StreetPass Weekend of 2015 Begins Christmas Eve. December 23, 2015 . 8:30am

2015′s last Nintendo 3DS StreetPass Weekend will run until January 4, 2016.
Quote:

Over holidays, Nintendo tends to announce National StreetPass Weekends. This means people passing Nintendo Zones on their way from point A to point B can have a chance of getting additional StreetPasses for their Nintendo 3DS. The last one for 2015 happens to begin tomorrow, on December 24.
This holiday National StreetPass Weekend will last almost two weeks. The twelve day event will run until January 4. People who stop by any Nintendo Zone, which includes McDonald’s restaurants, Best Buys, Home Depot, and essentially any AT&T hot spot location will receive six North American StreetPasses from other folks who happened to pass by the relays.

Make sure you check your Nintendo 3DS’ Mii Plaza after passing any Nintendo Zone. There are Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Puzzle Swap pictures to complete.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS & StreetPass on Siliconera.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #108
Travesty
Side-Kick

Shovel Knight is on sale for $10. I just bought it, and it looks really good in 3D.

Resident Evil is on sale too, but which one is the good version on 3DS?

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #109
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Shovel Knight is on sale for $10. I just bought it, and it looks really good in 3D.

Resident Evil is on sale too, but which one is the good version on 3DS?
Resident Evil Revelations is the better of the two that are on sale right now. All Mercenaries 3D is is the Mercenaries mode from the Console games. That's it. Revelations is a full blown RE game.

I myself bought Mercenaries 3D and Street Fighter IV with a $10 eshop card I got for Xmas. Pretty groovy being able to just pop in and play some SF or RE wherever.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #110
Travesty
Side-Kick

SF was my first game I bought when I got my 3DS on launch. It was the best launch game, IMO.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:56 PM   #111
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

It's great to have on the go. Wished I'd bought it sooner. That Capcom sale is amazing though. So much great stuff on sale, along with all those other non-Capcom sales going on.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:43 PM   #112
Travesty
Side-Kick

Oh, and I just picked up Revelations for $5. These sales are pretty good.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:56 PM   #113
zenith16
Side-Kick

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Website Offers A Closer Look At Villainous Quips. December 31, 2015 . 11:00am

The new Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam website shows off screenshots and another gameplay trailer.
Quote:

The Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam website has opened ahead of the game’s January launch. While only a placeholder at the moment, the preliminary page offers new screenshots, an embedded video showing some battles and minigames, and additional information about the game. The video and screenshots both introduce some additional elements of Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam players will experience. For example, New Super Mario Bros. Us Nabbit makes his Mario RPG debut in this installment, with players tasked with catching him in some events. There is also a dancing minigame, where players must keep time with the giant, papercraft Mario to power-up and unleash attacks against larger than average enemies. It also gives a taste of the series’ returning humor, with some clever comments from both Bowsers and a goomba.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is both a successor to Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It will come to the Nintendo 3DS on January 22. It is immediately available in both Japan and Europe.

Read more stories about Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #114
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS
Medabots: Girls’ Mission announced for 3DS
Published 12 hours ago. 54 comments.

Quote:
New Medabots game due out on March 10 in Japan.
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Medabots: Girls’ Mission for 3DS.

Due out on March 10 in Japan for 5,800 yen, the game will ship in Kabuto and Kuwagata versions. Each version has a different girl protagonist and different girls that appear in the game. Character design is being handled by Sai Izumi, and Medabot design by Rin Horuma.

Girls’ Mission is an action game featuring over 20 girls and 100 Medabots. It depicts a battle-based drama where players aim to win the “Artemis Cup” Medabot tournament. Battles are two-on-two team-based fights, and whichever team causes the other’s robots to cease functioning wins. You’ll control your robots with actions linked to the A, B, X, and Y buttons. You can increase the level of friendship between the girl and her buddy Medabot as you battle, which will strengthen the Medabot as that level rises.

Through local correspondence, you can have team battles with a maximum of four people, and you can also control your buddy Medabot from the story mode. Through internet correspondence, you can participate in one-versus-one friend battles and random battles.

Players can freely interchange their robots’ head, arms, and legs parts. Each part has its own skills and characteristics. You’ll earn parts and points by winning battles. Points are used to increase the abilities of your robot.
Thanks, Re: Zaregoto, Games Talk.

Also with

Etrian Odyssey V Is In Its Final Stage Of Development. January 4, 2016 . 4:45am

We haven’t heard much about Etrian Odyssey V since its teaser trailer but in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, Atlus’ producer and director Shigeo Komori shares a bit more on its current state.

Quote:

We haven’t heard much about Etrian Odyssey V since its teaser trailer but in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, Atlus’ producer and director Shigeo Komori shares a bit more on its current state. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Komori shared a brief comment on the game in an end-of-year interview with a variety of developers, where he mentions that Etrian Odyssey V just got into its final stage of development. He says that information on the game is still light and that it’ll likely be a little while longer until they can reveal more.

Etrian Odyssey V is currently in development. A release date or platform have yet to be revealed.

Read more stories about Atlus & Etrian Odyssey V on Siliconera.
Lastly

Monster Hunter X Gets Kirimi-chan Collaboration, Star Fox, Zelda, And Metroid Tomorrow. January 4, 2016 . 1:30am

Capcom shared a look at the latest collaboration events for Monster Hunter X with a look at Sanrio’s salmon fillet mascot Kirimi-chan,
and release dates for Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid’s events.

Quote:

Monster Hunter X got its recently collaboration event with the Sanrio salmon fillet mascot Kirimi-chan, and the official website also revealed the release dates for the upcoming collaborations with Star Fox and Metroid.

For starters, the Kirimi-chan collaboration release on New Year’s Day and will be available until February 14, 2016. The event titled “Sanrio: Save the Fish!” will get you a Palico armor set along with a Guild Card background and title.

Players will get to score a Star Fox background, “Arwing,” “Landmaster,” and “ Hired Flying Corps” title. It’ll also include a a Fox Palico, along with a Palico Skill called “Landmaster Skill.”

Old 01-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #115
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:

The Legend of Zelda is also getting a piece of the collaboration action with its own background along with an “Item Get” pose for the guild card. It’ll come with titles of “Tri-Force,” “Zelda,” “Heart Container,” “Legend,” and “Rupee,” as well as a “Zelda” Palico.

Last but not least, is the Metroid collaboration event. This one includes a Metroid background and “Beam Shot” pose for the guild card. It includes the following titles of “Metro,” “Roid,” “Living Organism,” “Powered,” and “Planet,” along with a Samus Palico.

The three collaboration events will begin on January 5, 2016 and will be available via download at 7-Eleven stores in Japan. The event will carry on through February 9, 2016.

Monster Hunter X is currently available in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Monster Hunter X & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Gematsu & Siliconera

Old 01-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #116
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS
First look at Medabots: Girls Mission
Published 12 hours ago. 29 comments.
Quote:
Kabuto Ver. and Kuwagata Ver. star different protagonists.

Famitsu has gone up with its debut online preview of Medabots: Girls Mission, Rocket Company’s newly announced 3DS game.

Medabots: Girls Mission depicts a battle drama where players will compete to win the “Artemis Cup” Medabots tournament. Over 20 girls will appear in the game.

The game will ship in two versions. Kabuto Ver. follows a story set in the Joyou Agricultural High School, while Kuwagata Ver. follows a story set in Teikou High School. Each version stars a different protagonist—a girl from its respective high school—plus a Medabot.

Robattles are two-on-two team matches. Your Medabots’ abilities are linked to the A, B, X, and Y buttons, and you can win against the other team by destroying their robots’ heads or causing them cease function.

The Medabot you fight alongside is known as your “Buddy,” and while you can’t control him, his abilities will increase each time you battle.
Medabots: Girls Mission is due out for 3DS on March 10 in Japan.

Read More

3DS, Fami-shots, Famitsu, Medabots: Girls' Mission, Rocket Company
Also with

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Gets A North American Launch Trailer. January 6, 2016 . 9:30am

Nintendo has released a new launch trailer for the game, giving us a brief look at a few of the title’s puzzle elements as well as battles.

Quote:

Nintendo has released a new launch trailer for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, even though the game doesn’t officially release in North America for another few weeks. In the video we get a brief look at a few of the game’s puzzle elements as well as a couple battles.

Here’s a look at the trailer.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam will release in North America for the Nintendo 3DS on January 22nd.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam on Siliconera.
source: Gematsu& Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 01-06-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:12 PM   #117
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Deals on Refurb 2DS ($60) and New 3DS XL ($175). January 7, 2016 . 11:30am

Nintendo is offloading refurbished 2DS for only $60, while GameStop ships off New 3DS XL (including Hyrule Gold Edition) for $175.

Quote:

New Year, new deals. Out with the old in with the new, as they say. Or in this case.. both the New 3DS XL and decisively older 2DS are on sale this month from different retailers. Over at Nintendo, they’re offering refurbished units of Nintendo 2DS for only $60. Both the blue and red models are available and these are Nintendo factory refurbished units that comes with a full year of warranty.

For the New 3DS XL, GameStop has all models on sale at $175, including their exclusive Hyrule Gold Edition which they appear to still have plenty in stock (these didn’t exactly fly off the shelf like the Majora’s Mask edition New 3DS XL). Grabbing any of these New 3DS XL at GameStop online will unfortunately subject you to shipping and handling, but you can avoid the charge by ordering online and picking up in store (provided you have a GameStop nearby). Amazon is also price matching the deal for the Black/Red version of the handheld, though the Hyrule Gold Edition is of course missing in action at the giant online retailer.

While we’re on the subject of ancient shipping fee (in an era of free shipping), if you grab the 2DS deals from Nintendo Shop, you’ll be subjected to a $5 shipping and handling fee. If however you buy from Nintendo’s eBay store, you’ll get free shipping. To this strange discrepancy we can only shrug.

Game deals brought to you by the crew at Dealzon. Disclaimer: sales from certain retailer help support Siliconera.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo 2DS on Siliconera.
Also with

Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan Gets A New Video Clip. January 8, 2016 . 7:30am

Bandai Namco has released a new commercial for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS title, giving us a small glimpse at its gameplay.
Quote:

Bandai Namco has released a new commercial for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS title, Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan, giving us a small glimpse at its gameplay. You can check out the official video below.

In the game, players take on the role of a class 3-E student and will have a range of school activities to take part in, including many Koro-sensei assassination attempts.

Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan will release in Japan on March 24th, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Assassination Classroom: Assassin Training Plan on Siliconera.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-08-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #118
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I don't know how known it was, but I'm reading that the Special Edition of Fates has both games on a single cart. That really annoys me, because I know they could've just released it as a single game now.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #119
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Splitting up Fates definitely feels like a cash grab. My only beef with the all in one cartridge is I wanted to have both box arts on me shelf. Still, the Special Edition comes with enough rad stuff to make up for it.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #120
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Nintendo is releasing a new 3DS bundle that includes both Pokemon Red & Blue, and has a custom Charizard/Blastoise cover plate, in honor of the game's 20th anniversary.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/north-a...bundle-for-the

Old 01-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #121
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Pretty tempted to get that. I've been looking at buying a smaller New 3DS anyway.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #122
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

It's also worth mentioning that it's the smaller New 3DS model.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #123
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I was excited at first until I noticed it wasn't the XL. I'm still on the fence of whether or not I'll get the XL at some point, but regardless, I already have FireRed and LeafGreen so I don't know how much I'd need these versions of the game.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:23 PM   #124
zenith16
Side-Kick

video show case.

source: GI

Old 01-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #125
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS
Medabots: Girls Mission rated CERO C in Japan
Published 18 hours ago. 32 comments.
Quote:

The first black-box Medabots game.

Recently announced 3DS Medabots game Medabots: Girls Mission was given a CERO C rating in Japan, an update to the game’s official website reveals. That means it’s for players ages 15 and up.
This is notable as previous Medabots titles have had a CERO A rating for all ages, up until the recent Medabots 9 received a CERO B rating for ages 12 and up.

The rating also means that Medabots: Girls Mission will come packaged in a black box, which Nintendo mandates for all games rated CERO C and up as an indicator of a “mature” title.

Medabots: Girls Mission is a different take on the series, offering an all-girls cast and different protagonists based on which version of the game you buy (Kabuto Ver. or Kuwagata Ver.). It’s due out in Japan on March 10. Read more here.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Read More

3DS, Box Art, Japan, Medabots: Girls' Mission, Rocket Company

also with

3DS
Dragon Ball: Project Fusion RPG announced for 3DS [Update]
Published 11 hours ago. 108 comments.

Quote:
Goku and Broly fuse in new 3DS game.

Bandai Namco is working on a new Dragon Ball RPG for 3DS called Dragon Ball: Project Fusion, the latest issue of V Jump reveals. It’s due out in Japan in 2016 for an unannounced price.

Little information about the game has leaked, other than that it promises entirely new enjoyment and features a fusion between Goku and Broly. We’re assuming, given the title, that fusions will be a core part of the game.

Thanks, 2ch.

Update 9:45 p.m.: Another scan has surfaced, via Hachima Kikou:

Read More

3DS, Bandai Namco, Dragon Ball: Project Fusion, Game Announce, Jump, RPG, Scans
source: Gematsu