The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #76
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

There's still a live stream which they will do from E3, it'll just be the three house people who will be on the e3 floor.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #77
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

But it's only Zelda, though, from what I understand

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:34 PM   #78
zenith16
Side-Kick

So they are saying yep.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #79
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

They are awful at promoting their brand and then wonder why no one wants to buy their stuff.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #80
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Really, because they did an amazing job 2 years ago. Splatoon's success says it all.

I believe they said that Zelda is the only thing they will have at E3, not that they are not announcing anything. I'm sure there will be more to the Direct than just Zelda.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #81
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

From what I read there won't be a Direct. Just Treehouse people showing off Zelda. Methinks we'll have a full Nintendo Direct either before or after E3.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #82
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
They are awful at promoting their brand and then wonder why no one wants to buy their stuff.
Eh, Nintendo stuff still sells well on average. It's easy to point the failure of the Wii U, but the software sells of the Wii U, the 3DS, 3DS software sells, and their merchandise show that the Nintendo brand is still relatively strong. The company is still in the black, even with profits overall being down from last year.

Right now I think it's obvious that Nintendo is shifting away from 'core' gaming. Dropping E3 is just another sign of that direction. I think it's less about awful promotion of the brand, and more about shifting promotion and brand recognition to being more casual friendly again. At least, that's what I think is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Really, because they did an amazing job 2 years ago. Splatoon's success says it all.
Yep, absolutely. 4 million+ sales against the low install base of the Wii U was pretty incredible. Nintendo really marketed Splatoon well, probably better than they imagined.

Quote:
I believe they said that Zelda is the only thing they will have at E3, not that they are not announcing anything. I'm sure there will be more to the Direct than just Zelda.
No, it was actually announced yesterday that there will be no E3 Direct. Their E3 will literally be only Zelda. There will be a livestream showcasing the game and a live demo on the floor, but that's it for the actual show.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #83
zenith16
Side-Kick

we'll have to see what they do after right now they just want to concentrate on zelda .

if they have plans for direct it's not now(during the time of E3).

Old 05-05-2016, 09:33 PM   #84
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I mean, we don't have to wait and see. We know, for a fact, that E3 is just going to be Zelda. I mean, yeah, they could have a Direct shortly before or after detailing games and release dates and whatever, but that's not E3. That's before and after E3. There's no ambiguity to it that I can see.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2016, 04:55 AM   #85
zenith16
Side-Kick

I wasn't saying there was. this was put up this morning

Nintendo Will Host A Presentation For Business Partners At E3 2016. May 6, 2016 . 1:00am

Nintendo said that this year they’re mostly going to focus on the new Legend of Zelda game, but they also revealed that they’re hosting a business partners presentation at this year’s E3.

Start a discussion! Read >

Quote:

Nintendo said that this year they’re mostly going to focus on the new Legend of Zelda game, but they also revealed that they’re hosting a business partners presentation at this year’s E3. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

According to the company’s memo, “Nintendo will have an exclusive E3 presentation for our business partners that will showcase key launches and programs through Holiday 2016.”

The presentation will take place on June 13, from 9:00am through 10:00am PT. Since this is a presentation for business partners, we probably won’t hear much about it, but it’s an event that Nintendo has been continuing on from the past.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS & Wii U & Nintendo NX on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 05-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #86
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Legend of Zelda and Sonic the Hedgehog are among the games Thar have been added to the World Video Game Hall of Fame at The National Museum of Play inthe rundown and article below

Battlefield Goes To World War 1!!! - EP Daily Rundown May 6, 2016

383 views 4 hours ago

Also with

The Legend Of Zelda And Sonic The Hedgehog Inducted Into The World Video Game Hall of Fame. May 6, 2016 . 9:30am

Six games have been added to the World Video Game Hall of Fame at The National Museum of Play, and The Legend of Zelda and Sonic the Hedgehog are among them.

38 comments Read >

Quote:

Last year, the World Video Game Hall of Fame was established in 2015 at The National Museum of Play in Rochester, New York. The first inductees were DOOM, Pac-Man, Pong, Super Mario Bros., Tetris, and World of Warcraft. Now, a year later, six more games have been honored and added to the lineup, with The Legend of Zelda and Sonic the Hedgehog leading the charge.

This is the full list of 2016 World Video Game Hall of Fame inductees.
  • Grand Theft Auto III (2001), originally appeared on the PlayStation 2
  • The Legend of Zelda (1986), originally appeared on the Nintendo Entertainment System.
  • The Oregon Trail (1971), originally appeared on the HP 2100 minicomputer.
  • The Sims (2000), originally appeared on PCs.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (1991), originally appeared on the Sega Genesis.
  • Space Invaders (1978), originally appeared in arcades.
These six were among 15 finalists. The nine games that didn’t make it into the World Video Game Hall of Fame this round were Elite, Final Fantasy, John Madden Football, Minecraft, Nürburgring, Pokémon Red and Green, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Street Fighter II, and Tomb Raider.

The National Museum of Play’s video and electronic game collections currently have over 250 arcade games, over 200 handheld electronic games and gaming systems, and an over 35,000 video game collection.

Read more stories about Space Invaders & The Legend of Zelda & Sonic the Hedgehog & World Video Game Hall of Fame on Siliconera.

source:
EPN.tv & Siliconera

Old 05-12-2016, 05:19 AM   #87
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS
Hyrule Warriors: Legends ‘Medli / Master Wind Waker Pack’ DLC trailer

Published 3 mins ago. 0 comments.

Quote:
Free and paid add-ons due out on May 19 in Japan.

Koei Tecmo has released a new trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Legends showing the free Medli downloadable character and paid ‘Master Wind Waker Pack’ add-on.

Both add-ons are due out in Japan on May 19, and late spring 2016” in North America and Europe.

The Master Wind Waker Pack costs $1.99 / £1.79 / €1,99 and includes 16 new “My Fairy” costume pieces and the “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle scenario.

Read more about Hyrule Warriors: Legends upcoming add-ons and Season Pass here.

Watch the trailer below.

Read More

3DS, Clips, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Koei Tecmo, Nintendo, Omega Force, Trailers

source: Gematsu

Old 05-17-2016, 10:02 PM   #88
zenith16
Side-Kick

two articles same place

Legend Of Zelda Is Getting Its Own Trading Cards In Australia. May 17, 2016 . 8:00am

Trading cards based on The Legend of Zelda game series have been announced and will release on June 30th.

13 comments Read >
Quote:

Trading cards based on The Legend of Zelda game series have been announced and will release on June 30th.

However, though the cards were first seen at New York Comic-Con, at the moment, they are only listed and available for preorder on EB Game’s Australian website.

The cards are based on five games from the Legend of Zelda series, including Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and A Link Between Worlds. Each individual pack costs $6 and contains 6 cards and a decal or a tattoo. Additionally, there is also a collector’s box which costs $20 and comes with 4 packs, a poster and one of 3 random pins.

There are 85 different cards in total, including 23 regular foil
and 8 gold foil cards, as well as 12 different decals and 9 tattoos.

Read more stories about The Legend of Zelda on Siliconera.

Also with

Europe’s New My Nintendo Rewards Discounts Wind Waker HD By 20% And More . May 17, 2016 . 8:30am

My Nintendo is now offering new rewards for European users since some other rewards have expired, including which include discounts for Wii U and 3DS titles.

7 comments Read >

Quote:

My Nintendo is now offering new rewards for European users since some other rewards have expired. Here is a full list of the rewards, which include discounts for Wii U and 3DS titles:
  • 20% off Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS) : 250 Platinum Coins (until August 1st)
  • 50% off Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U): 100 Gold Coins (until July 16th)

Read more stories about Nintendo on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Old 05-30-2016, 10:20 PM   #89
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Manga Will Be Localized By VIZ Media. May 30, 2016 . 8:30am

Akira Himekawa, the team behind the other Legend of Zelda manga , recently announced that the Twilight Princess manga would be receiving a localization through VIZ Media.

13 comments Read >

Quote:
Back in February, a Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess manga began releasing in Japan. Akira Himekawa, the team behind the other Legend of Zelda manga adaptations, recently announced that the Twilight Princess manga would be receiving a localization through VIZ Media.

In addition, it will be localized into German courtesy of TOKYOPOP Deutschland.

VIZ Media is also releasing Akira Himekawa’s The Legend of Zelda: Legendary Edition Manga Collection, the first of five omnibus books, this November.

However, as of right now, there is no confirmation of an exact release date for the localization of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess manga.

Read more stories about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Siliconera.

source:
Siliconera

Old 06-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #90
zenith16
Side-Kick

Wii U, 3DS
Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 2016 detailed

Published 8 hours ago. 51 comments.
Quote:

Nintendo has further detailed its Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 broadcast planned for this year’s E3 later this month.

On June 14, starting at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET, Nintendo will host a day of live-streaming gameplay focused its new The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U, followed by the first live gameplay of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.

On June 15, the Nintendo Treehouse stream will showcase upcoming Wii U and 3DS releases, including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Day two will start, however, with a Pokemon GO developer Q&A at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 will be streamed via YouTube, Twitch, and Nintendo’s E3 website.

Read More

3DS, Wii U, E3 2016, Nintendo

source:Gematsu

Old 06-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #91
zenith16
Side-Kick

This being put up in three places

Wii U, 3DS, NX
Nintendo outlines E3 2016-related activities, New Legend of Zelda artwork

Published 13 hours ago. 29 comments.
Quote:
The Legend of Zelda Twitter campaign kicks off.

Nintendo has released a full rundown of the activities it’s planning for E3 2016, starting today with a The Legend of Zelda Twitter campaign for Zelda franchise gifts in Miitomo.

The press release includes a new piece of artwork, attached right, of the new The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U and NX.

Get the full list of activities below.
June 8
  • The Legend of Zelda Twitter campaign for Miitomo in-app gifts: Miitomo users should check @NintendoAmerica on Twitter today for a special tweet kicking off a collaboration between the mobile app and the Legend of Zelda franchise. If the tweet gets a combined 10,000 retweets worldwide, Nintendo will issue a “Link’s new hair wig” as an in-app gift to all users of Nintendo’s Miitomo mobile app. If it gets 20,000 combined retweets, Nintendo will give all Miitomo users a “Link wig” in the Miitomo app.
June 14
  • More of The Legend of Zelda in Miitomo: Miitomo will continue its celebration of The Legend of Zelda with a themed Miitomo Drop game that will give players the chance to win TheLegend of Zelda-themed in-app gear for their Mii character. Players will also be able to use Miitomo coins in Miitomo to purchase The Legend of Zelda collaboration items. An additional The Legend of Zelda collaboration gift will be available on the My Nintendo website, and players can exchange their My Nintendo Platinum Points for this item.
  • Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 1: Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 trade show begins at 9 a.m. PT, with an introduction by Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime and the world’s first look at live gameplay of The Legend of Zeldagame for the Wii U console. Viewers can also catch the first live gameplay of the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. Watch Nintendo Treehouse: Live via Nintendo’s channels onYouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com.
  • Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or athttp://e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at http://e3.nintendo.com.
June 15
  • Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 2: Starting at 10 a.m. PT, the Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming will showcase upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, including Monster Hunter Generations from Capcom, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A. Watch all of Nintendo’s action from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com.

Read More

3DS, NX, Wii U, E3 2016, Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda Wii U

Old 06-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #92
Soapy
Side-Kick

Old 06-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #93
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

That's really beautiful

Old 06-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #94
zenith16
Side-Kick

here are the details
Wii U, NX
New The Legend of Zelda artwork leaked by Amazon
Published 8 hours ago. 57 comments.

Quote:
New artwork for the upcoming The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U and NX have leaked via Amazon.

The artwork was spotted by Cartridge Games.

A full reveal of the new Zelda game is planned for Tuesday, June 14 at 9:00 a.m. PDT / 12 p.m. EDT. Find our full E3 schedule here.

Read More

NX, Wii U, Amazon, E3 2016, Leaks, Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda Wii U

Old 06-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #95
Travesty
Side-Kick

Just like Might No.9, I'm getting less and less excited for this game.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:37 PM   #96
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Why? We don't know much about it do we?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:28 AM   #97
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Why? We don't know much about it do we?
we don't, it may be cause of the delays it's self and it similar to mighty no.9 to him cause of that and look's like they ether don't know what they're doing ato him anymore or they are fooling around in creating the game. . don't worry about it too much. and lets just see what they have to show us.

May be what they show may change his mind and maybe with won't. they're his feelings. he'll sort them out when they show us stuff if he's still interested he'll let us all know. same if he's not.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:04 AM   #98
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I was just wondering if some info was released that was specifically off putting and I missed it. I can see the delays disrupting any kind of hype momentum, but I'd get a Zelda game no matter when it comes out.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #99
Zant
Side-Kick

I am glad this game is non linear in nature and has a full blown overworld like Ocarina and Twilight Princess (The best Zelda games Imo). Don't like gimmicks like the boring sailing and flying on that silly thing from Wind Waker and Skyword.

I don't even have a WiiU and I'm not interested in the NX, but still excited for the reveal. this week.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #100
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Wind Waker and Skyward Sword are actually my faves in the genre (of course also Ocarina). I'm excited for more info too. Seems like forever since this game has been on my radar, without much info.

Closed Thread