Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Aquaman > Aquaman

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #26
superman-mos
Side-Kick

Default Re: The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
I can see him walking in a mom and pop diner, ordering some chowder and paying the waitress with 500 year old Spanish coins that he found at the bottom of the Atlantic.

This all day long. I've always had love for Aquaman but I'm way more excited for this movie than I am for the rest of the DCEU except maybe Justice League. I just feel like James Wan and Jason Mamoa are gonna give us something special with this film. I feel like it will capture that magic that other films have had . Films like Star Wars, Raiders , Jaws , etc . I love Mamoa , just really seems like such a genuine person with a love for life .

Old 02-13-2017, 06:55 AM   #27
paulogonza
Side-Kick

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQcH7LIl...n-by=heard8336
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQbSeq3l...n-by=heard8336

Mera training for aquaman

Old 02-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #28
Micromind
Hope and Optimism Movies

Mera in the making

https://twitter.com/ReelFada/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 02-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #29
sweetre15
Positive Page

Jason Mamoa training for Aquaman:

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/15/jaso...aman-training/

Old 02-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #30
paulogonza
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/ReelFada/status/832300090626826240

Old 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #31
nyyarod
yippee ki-yay mf!

Who would have ever thought that Aquaman would be the most stable WB/DC movie out of the lot?! Praise be.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #32
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Let's not jinx it and James Wan suddenly decides he'd rather do Namor instead because there'd probably be more stability.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #33
nyyarod
yippee ki-yay mf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Let's not jinx it and James Wan suddenly decides he'd rather do Namor instead because there'd probably be more stability.
don't put THAT into the universe!

Old 02-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #34
Doctor Jones
No One

I think with Aquaman, you gotta own the inherent silliness for this character. And I'll be honest, the Batman Brave and the Bold Aquaman is the way they should have gone. This cheerful, boisterous kooky guy. And with BATB, he still was effective and did what he had to do. Making the character more serious and trying harder takes away from him and makes him more boring and ironically less cool. Again, this is why Marvel gets their characters right. Like Ant Man. It's a silly character but they still took the character seriously where they owned it all and he's known as the weirder guy but his weirdness is his appeal.

I mean it. Aquaman could be a break out character if he is like he was in BATB contrasted with the other members of the league.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #35
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I think with Aquaman, you gotta own the inherent silliness for this character. And I'll be honest, the Batman Brave and the Bold Aquaman is the way they should have gone. This cheerful, boisterous kooky guy. And with BATB, he still was effective and did what he had to do. Making the character more serious and trying harder takes away from him and makes him more boring and ironically less cool. Again, this is why Marvel gets their characters right. Like Ant Man. It's a silly character but they still took the character seriously where they owned it all and he's known as the weirder guy but his weirdness is his appeal.

I mean it. Aquaman could be a break out character if he is like he was in BATB contrasted with the other members of the league.
So what's wrong with the Aquaman in the New 52, Rebirth, from Peter David's run OR the version from the Justice League cartoons whom are all interesting and badass takes on the character?

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 02-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #36
nyyarod
yippee ki-yay mf!

We don't even know what he's going to be like all of the time. All we've heard is that he's a reluctant king and we have that clip of him roughing up Bruce in JL.

Why can't he be a mixture of both? He can be serious and regal, but also fun and loud. I personally love the New52 and Rebirth incarnations. If he's anything like that Arthur i'll be happy.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:50 PM   #37
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyarod View Post
We don't even know what he's going to be like all of the time. All we've heard is that he's a reluctant king and we have that clip of him roughing up Bruce in JL.

Why can't he be a mixture of both? He can be serious and regal, but also fun and loud. I personally love the New52 and Rebirth incarnations. If he's anything like that Arthur i'll be happy.
They're consistently decent, but still nothing close to Peter David's version to me.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Ɉ
Old 02-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #38
The Guard
Side-Kick

I get the feeling Aquaman will have more personality than people think.

-Me
Old 02-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #39
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:

In light of this film being set to be Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Romancing the Stone in tone, I'm sure this being a fun type of adventure is a given at this point.

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 02-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #40
nyyarod
yippee ki-yay mf!

Yeah, definitely. People need to believe that they're not going to relegate Arthur to this one dimensional brute just because Momoa is playing him.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #41
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
*whispers* I actually think he might have more personality than the last few runs of his in the comics

Old 02-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #42
Sleiek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Hopefully. He is the leaguer I am least interested in at the moment because he looks like a massive unstoppable bully. lol.

Never really seen Momoa in anything. Hope he proves me wrong.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #43
Sawyer
High King

Don't know if we already knew this, but...
Quote:
James Wan
‏@creepypuppet

Don Burgess. Some upcoming kid I gave a break to on Conjuring 2.
Quote:
Trey
‏@terrance_may

May I ask who the cinematographer is for Aquaman? @creepypuppet

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 02-19-2017, 10:44 PM   #44
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Sawyer, please tell me that sig is real and he actually said that lord ROFL!!

Old 02-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #45
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Sawyer, please tell me that sig is real and he actually said that lord ROFL!!
It's true. Was an interview from a few years back.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 AM   #46
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

On twitter James Wan confirmed that Aqualad will not be in this first Aquaman movie, stating "How about we get Batman established properly first, before we cram in Robin"

Old 02-20-2017, 02:59 AM   #47
Polux
Just some nut

Quote:
Yeah, definitely. People need to believe that they're not going to relegate Arthur to this one dimensional brute just because Momoa is playing him.
Even this. I think people think Momoa and immediately think "Kahl Drogo" (which is fair, is his most famous role) but he has shown range in other things; even in the Conan remake he has plenty scenes when he's quite funny and charming (I was actually surprised, he goes from "softy" to "killing machine" in like half a second) and if you see him in interviews or follow him on instagram, you see that he has a very magnetic personality, he seems like the kinda guy I wanna go and have a beer with.

Snyder also talked once about how the character's interactions benefited from the actors personalities, since apparently the characters personalities are similar to those of the actors playing them, and how Jason's "Jason-ness" shone through during filming.

So if they use that (and I think we will), I think we're in for a ride...

Old 02-20-2017, 04:17 AM   #48
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Momoa's Aquaman is going to be a waveriding rock star. Believe dat!

People think "reluctant King" they automatically think he's got stage fright or something. Nah man, maybe being King is too slow paced for the Aquamomoa!!

Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 AM   #49
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Even this. I think people think Momoa and immediately think "Kahl Drogo" (which is fair, is his most famous role) but he has shown range in other things; even in the Conan remake he has plenty scenes when he's quite funny and charming (I was actually surprised, he goes from "softy" to "killing machine" in like half a second) and if you see him in interviews or follow him on instagram, you see that he has a very magnetic personality, he seems like the kinda guy I wanna go and have a beer with.

Snyder also talked once about how the character's interactions benefited from the actors personalities, since apparently the characters personalities are similar to those of the actors playing them, and how Jason's "Jason-ness" shone through during filming.

So if they use that (and I think we will), I think we're in for a ride...
Yeah his most famous role is this intimidating dude but he seems like such a goofball, he is always smiling in pictures and it seems like he has lots of fun with cast and crew of projects he is working on

Old 02-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #50
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post

Nah. I don't hate that interpretation, but he's too goofy for my tastes.

I think Geoff Johns characterized him well in his run (at least based on what I read). He was a little too stoic, possibly to the point of being generic, but he was likable. Using that Aquaman as a baseline and adding other, more exciting characteristics would go a long way.

And just because Momoa is goofy and charming and funny in real life doesn't mean that his character will be similar, regardless of what Snyder or anyone else says. Cavill and Superman, for example, are more or less two completely different people, and I think I remember Snyder claiming that some of Cavill's more endearing traits would shine through.

Closed Thread