The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #251
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

I don't think it will get a higher rating especially with the Friday timeslot.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #252
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

The question is what the expectations on Friday would be and whether they would take into account delayed numbers.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #253
psylockolussus
Fierce User

We'll see though. Aos already got enough episodes for syndication, and the ratings for this season will probably get lower as it is the case every time a new season of it premieres. If ABC gets a handful of new well performing shows (The Good Doctor premiered very well last Monday), I don't see the need to keep Aos for a sixth season and I doubt this is the kind of type of show that be done in cheap. Unless ABC has another bad season and they couldn't cancel every poor performing show then it would survive again. But honestly, ABC Marvel is not just living up to the success of the films, IMO keep it out of its misery along with the Inhumans.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #254
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

TV trailer is a bit spoilery for the first two episodes, but I thought it was probably the best made yet:

Old 09-29-2017, 02:19 AM   #255
zenith16
Side-Kick

can't belive this too so long for space to put up on their you tube channel of all places . thiswas during the time of SDCC

Space.ca Presents: Inhumans – Anson Mount Interviews Serinda Swan

18 views10 hours ago

Also with

Space Presents: Inhumans – Serinda Swan Interviews Anson Mount

33 views15 hours ago

source: Space channel youtube channel

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:25 AM   #256
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
TV trailer is a bit spoilery for the first two episodes, but I thought it was probably the best made yet:

Things would be very different if this is the first thing we saw from the show. Then again people might've ended up disappointed anyway. But this is a good trailer.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #257
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

It is, it's just a little too spoilery.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #258
eon001
Side-Kick

Ok it's just as bad as I thought it would be, but it's not worse. Pretty much met my expectations perfectly.

And I actually really like the cast, despite the horrible dialogue I think there doing there best with the material they have.

They seem to have the right ideas regarding the mythology, but there's not enough budget or time to fully realize them.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #259
just one thing
Side-Kick

i liked it. the look on miles face when he was lost on the island.

unfair social, economic and political system. people pissed off. a silver tongue promises the sun moon and stars or in this case a planet and takes power

black bolt wanted to take in inhuman refugees from earth, maximus was set against it.

hmm seen all this recently.

of course the hero's are the overthrown, is it aimed at people who feel uncomfortable at the political mood changing from trump to brexit

I am not american but this type of story telling on tv, no where else in the english speaking world uses tv drama to hold a mirror up. so keep it up and see where we are in 8 weeks.

just one thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:37 PM   #260
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon001 View Post
They seem to have the right ideas regarding the mythology, but there's not enough budget or time to fully realize them.
While I quite liked it, I completely agree with this.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:13 AM   #261
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

This show was quite laughable. Medusa getting her head shaved as a typical Scott Buck cost cutting method to skimp on the budget so that he doesn't have to show her using her powers for likely the rest of the season. Unless the later episodes are set years in the future, she's unlikely to grow it back to a useable length at all. Even the length it was probably took years.

And Triton getting possibly killed off in the opening scene so that Buck doesn't need to use him again. And Gorgon wearing boots half the time. And Lockjaw being put to sleep.

And Blackbolt really does look like the confused smiley with his permanently downturned mouth

Old 10-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #262
just one thing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
This show was quite laughable. Medusa getting her head shaved as a typical Scott Buck cost cutting method to skimp on the budget so that he doesn't have to show her using her powers for likely the rest of the season. Unless the later episodes are set years in the future, she's unlikely to grow it back to a useable length at all. Even the length it was probably took years.

And Triton getting possibly killed off in the opening scene so that Buck doesn't need to use him again. And Gorgon wearing boots half the time. And Lockjaw being put to sleep.

And Blackbolt really does look like the confused smiley with his permanently downturned mouth
though triton possibly getting killed took gorgon off the chess board by going to search for him and paved the way for the coup. hat tip to story telling perhaps?

blackbolt isn't in a mel gibson film range for using facial expressions to carry a scene but its not as poor as permanently downturned mouth. the scene with his parents conveyed his power, his demenour someone who lives with such an experience.

agree the manner in which medusa got depowered was to easy but lockjaw needed to be neutralized foe where the story is at. what need to be seperated, what harm being on earth if you could come and go as you please with such a creature.

just one thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #263
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Wouldn't mind the buzzcut if there was some cooler vfx uses of her hair (the best one is when she's nekkid) prior to OR I cared about the character enough to get emotional for this slow-mo sad score scene.

Gorgon wore boots on Earth for obvious reasons.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #264
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by just one thing View Post
though triton possibly getting killed took gorgon off the chess board by going to search for him and paved the way for the coup. hat tip to story telling perhaps?

blackbolt isn't in a mel gibson film range for using facial expressions to carry a scene but its not as poor as permanently downturned mouth. the scene with his parents conveyed his power, his demenour someone who lives with such an experience.

agree the manner in which medusa got depowered was to easy but lockjaw needed to be neutralized foe where the story is at. what need to be seperated, what harm being on earth if you could come and go as you please with such a creature.
The scene with Blackbolt's parents wasn't even Anson Mount though, so there wouldn't be a permanently downturned mouth, because it wasn't him playing that scene. It's Mount, not Blackbolt the character, who looks like the confused smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Wouldn't mind the buzzcut if there was some cooler vfx uses of her hair (the best one is when she's nekkid) prior to OR I cared about the character enough to get emotional for this slow-mo sad score scene.

Gorgon wore boots on Earth for obvious reasons.
Nude Medusa looked hot, but I agree with you if she had other uses of her hair and perhaps if she got the buzz cut much later in the series, it would've been more acceptable. But to have it right in the first episode seems like just a cop out to not have to use any effects or show any powers.

It's like if Scott Buck somehow got to make a Spider-Man film and he decided to make it about one where he's completely lost his powers, doesn't have access to his webshooters and has no costume, and this happens early on in the film too.

Or a Hulk film where Banner gets cured in the first 20 minutes after a minor Hulk out, so that he never has to appear as the Hulk for the rest of the film. Isn't that highly convenient for Scott Buck.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:10 PM   #265
Darkraid
Side-Kick

Quote:
The scene with Blackbolt's parents wasn't even Anson Mount though, so there wouldn't be a permanently downturned mouth, because it wasn't him playing that scene. It's Mount, not Blackbolt the character, who looks like the confused smiley.

Nude Medusa looked hot, but I agree with you if she had other uses of her hair and perhaps if she got the buzz cut much later in the series, it would've been more acceptable. But to have it right in the first episode seems like just a cop out to not have to use any effects or show any powers.

It's like if Scott Buck somehow got to make a Spider-Man film and he decided to make it about one where he's completely lost his powers, doesn't have access to his webshooters and has no costume, and this happens early on in the film too.

Or a Hulk film where Banner gets cured in the first 20 minutes after a minor Hulk out, so that he never has to appear as the Hulk for the rest of the film. Isn't that highly convenient for Scott Buck.
This is why we need a new showrunner!

He did this to skip the Kun Lun stuff in Iron Fist too. Just show 2 glowy eyes for Shao Lao.

Darkraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #266
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

One way to retcon these Inhumans out of existence is to say they were just Framework versions from AOS which were a product of someone's mind and that the real Inhumans exist out there somewhere.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #267
Best
Side-Kicker

I just can't believe this is supposed to be the MCU's moon. What in the actual... I mean jesus.

Buck couldn't even make the entrance to K'un-Lun look good. Can't believe studios keep leaving these massive budgets in his hands.

Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #268
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

IMO, AoS does action way better, with this show they use slow motion during regular fights which just makes it look worse, and music is used often at the wrong times. Lots of putzy stuff like that drags it down, on top of its other story-problems. New show runner STAT.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?

Last edited by Tymminator; 10-01-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:03 AM   #269
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:

LOL, you only listed SOME of the things that were wrong with this crappy show.

The INHUMANS TV series is proof why certain superhero property's are better suited for animation than live action when they are being adapted for TV. This series should have been an animated TV series, NOT a crappy low budget generic looking live action TV series.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:08 AM   #270
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkraid View Post
This is why we need a new showrunner!

He did this to skip the Kun Lun stuff in Iron Fist too. Just show 2 glowy eyes for Shao Lao.
I know that I'm in the minority, but I liked IRON FIST. IMO, the person who needs to be fired is Loeb. He's the head of Marvel TV, so he is the one who is ultimately responsible for this travesty of a TV series.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:21 AM   #271
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
I know that I'm in the minority, but I liked IRON FIST. IMO, the person who needs to be fired is Loeb. He's the head of Marvel TV, so he is the one who is ultimately responsible for this travesty of a TV series.
Except Perlmutter was the guy who forced Loeb to make the show and Buck is the guy who oversaw day to day operations.

If Loeb is the guy who gets canned over this, that means that Buck is still doing Inhumans and Perlmutter is still around to make irrational decisions. And whoever is replacing Loeb may do a worse job and we'll see Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and AOS all go downhill under somebody new. I like Loeb, he does a good job.

Perlmutter is going to retire any day now since he's 74 so there's no reason to let him go. Buck is the guy who needs to lose his job.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #272
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
So get rid of Loeb but keep Scott Buck on this and Iron Fist? Yeah that will work out well.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:55 AM   #273
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Except Perlmutter was the guy who forced Loeb to make the show and Buck is the guy who oversaw day to day operations.

If Loeb is the guy who gets canned over this, that means that Buck is still doing Inhumans and Perlmutter is still around to make irrational decisions. And whoever is replacing Loeb may do a worse job and we'll see Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and AOS all go downhill under somebody new. I like Loeb, he does a good job.

Perlmutter is going to retire any day now since he's 74 so there's no reason to let him go. Buck is the guy who needs to lose his job.
Quote:
So get rid of Loeb but keep Scott Buck on this and Iron Fist? Yeah that will work out well.
You guys forget that Loeb was the one who caused once successful shows like HEROES and LOST to crash and burn once he came aboard. Loeb was also responsible for canceling AVENGERS EARTHS MIGHTIEST HEROES and giving us the crappy AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and the other crappy synergy driven dumbed down Marvel cartoons that followed (the new Spidey cartoon, is surprisingly good though). I would say that the Marvel Netflix shows are good despite Loeb's involvement. And yes, Ike also shares a lot of the blame for these terrible creative decisions, but theire's nothing that can be done about him and we will just have to wait until he retires. I also wouldn't shed a tear if Buck is also fired.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:49 AM   #274
eon001
Side-Kick

Quote:
You guys forget that Loeb was the one who caused once successful shows like HEROES and LOST to crash and burn once he came aboard. Loeb was also responsible for canceling AVENGERS EARTHS MIGHTIEST HEROES and giving us the crappy AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and the other crappy synergy driven dumbed down Marvel cartoons that followed (the new Spidey cartoon, is surprisingly good though). I would say that the Marvel Netflix shows are good despite Loeb's involvement. And yes, Ike also shares a lot of the blame for these terrible creative decisions, but theire's nothing that can be done about him and we will just have to wait until he retires. I also wouldn't shed a tear if Buck is also fired.
Was just about to defend Loeb due to his work with the Netflix shows, but that's some pretty damning evidence. I guess he's hit and miss, whereas Buck is just miss, miss and miss. Punisher looks like it will put Loeb back in our good graces though.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:46 AM   #275
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would say that the Marvel Netflix shows are good despite Loeb's involvement.
How do you know it isn't just that those two other shows are bad despite Loeb's involvement? I mean, I can't say I know one way or the other, but the argument works in either direction.