The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 07-02-2018, 01:44 AM   #926
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvtLeeTDK View Post
Just rewatched Rocky and don't really like it.

Outstanding moments here and there but overall the film lacks climax, it's a bit boring if you ask me. And it's not even Sylvester Stallone's best performance. He is far superior in Creed.
Lacks a climax? How so?

And I can't agree about Sly in Creed. He's fine, and it's certainly some of his better work but better than what he delivered in Rocky? I can't even begin to see that.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:22 AM   #927
LvtLeeTDK
Side-Kick

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Lacks a climax? How so?

And I can't agree about Sly in Creed. He's fine, and it's certainly some of his better work but better than what he delivered in Rocky? I can't even begin to see that.
The final boxing sequence is too rushed IMO. It's not done enough. The ending with him calling for Adrian is quite good though.
-----------------------------
Yeah. I notice carefully his facial expression in Rocky and it's kind of Ben Affleck-esque. Some good moments (his monologue with Micky and Adrian) but other than that, not so memorable. I've seen people ranking Stallone's performance as an all time great while IMO, it's a decent performance.

And yes I think he's better in Creed. The 2 scenes where he was diagnosed with Cancer and telling Donnie the truth is heartbreaking.

LvtLeeTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:00 AM   #928
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
THANK YOU <3
It isn't even Jackmans best performance in that part. Patrick Stewart and X23 steal the show though, the rest of it is just James Mangold trying to make an almost 20 year old franchise that died ages ago into pretentious Oscar bait. It's a comic book film thats ashamed it's based on a comic book. James Mangold is talented but THE WOLVERINE is way better, more entertaining and actually feels/looks like a comic book.
I actually found X-23 annoying. I also love the joke on comics cause it's so true.

YOUTUBE
I ship Reek and one of the DSs of the Hype

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #929
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
The Disaster Artist was good, but not amazing.

Dave Franco didn't really convince me as Greg.
I loved The Disaster Artist, but that said, Dave Franco was clearly miscast and not good in it. The movie surrounding him is great, and I love it despite the main character of the movie being uninteresting and poorly portrayed.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:32 AM   #930
LvtLeeTDK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
it is just James Mangold trying to make an almost 20 year old franchise that died ages ago into pretentious Oscar bait. .
It did succeed though. Getting a screenplay nomination, which The Dark Knight, with a 10x better script, couldn't even do

Old 07-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #931
DOBSON10
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

I wouldn't have minded if TDK got best picture. But...socially ranked higher than Lord of the Rings and the Godfather? Seriously?
Wait, The Dark Knight doesn't deserve to be considered the greatest movie of all-time but those cheesy Lord of the Rings movies do? Can't agree with that one, TDK might not belong in that conversation but LOR definitely has no business in that conversation.

Favorite Marvel Superhero's:
1. Wolverine 2. Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 4. Deadpool 5. Punisher
DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #932
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Seems to me as I'm the only one who didn't hate Dave as Greg, I actually liked him in the role.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #933
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBSON10 View Post
Wait, The Dark Knight doesn't deserve to be considered the greatest movie of all-time but those cheesy Lord of the Rings movies do? Can't agree with that one, TDK might not belong in that conversation but LOR definitely has no business in that conversation.
Neither of them do.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #934
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Seems to me as I'm the only one who didn't hate Dave as Greg, I actually liked him in the role.
Yeah, I actually really liked him. I personally don't care how close he acted to the real Greg; it's not like he really had to be. Greg isn't a human cartoon like Tommy Wiseau.

My only complaint was that obviously fake beard Dave had through about 75% of the movie.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #935
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck Rickard View Post
Yeah, I actually really liked him.

YOUTUBE

Old 07-03-2018, 06:07 PM   #936
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Shape of Water was good, not great. Some of the characters felt flat. The music and style are really good, though.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #937
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBSON10 View Post

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:23 AM   #938
CJ
MAGA 2020

Eh. I'd say both those films are of equal quality. Honestly I never had the patience to sit through all three LOTR films (Saw most of ROTK and pieces of the first two) but I admire the scope and grandeur.

I used to really enjoy The Dark Knight, but I find it rather bleak & depressing now.

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #939
LvtLeeTDK
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
I used to really enjoy The Dark Knight, but I find it rather bleak & depressing now.
same here, also find it ridicilously fast-paced.
Still one of the best movie ever, though.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:40 PM   #940
Sawyer
High King

Three viewings deep and I really don't see the problem folks had with the Tarkin CG in Rogue One. Aside from any issues one might have with "resurrecting" a long-dead actor, I thought it looked perfectly fine. Leia was the sketchier-looking of the two.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #941
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

I actually felt the opposite way but neither CGI character bothered me.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #942
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I think with Lea you see her for a short period of time, but Tarkaan had the disadvantage of being seen extendedly. To me, it's a suspend disbelief sort of thing, I'm sure for most people it's fine.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #943
the last son
Side-Kick

Liked southpaw Bette than creed and warrior. I thought the last two were just average. Southpaw had a lot more heart to me.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #944
Jenocide
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Three viewings deep and I really don't see the problem folks had with the Tarkin CG in Rogue One. Aside from any issues one might have with "resurrecting" a long-dead actor, I thought it looked perfectly fine. Leia was the sketchier-looking of the two.
He definitely didn't look...right, but not to the point where it was an issue. At least not for me.

Leia looked alright. As another poster said, she was in one quick shot. First time I saw Rogue One, it was just another novelty. Second time I saw it, was the day after Carrie Fisher died. That's when it freaked me out. Whole theater gasped.

Jenocide is online now   Reply With Quote