The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 11-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #101
Doctor Jones
No One

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

edit.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #102
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't think Yojimbo has a very good soundtrack. It's a great movie, however.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #103
CB Fan
The Watcher

Deadpool was a good fun movie not a great one. I’m very tired of hearing it get called great (which I only hear from people on this forum). Now what was great was the unique and awesome marketing and promo the film got but that’s not an unpopular opinion.

Last edited by CB Fan; 11-16-2017 at 04:15 PM.
CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #104
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

I don't like Denzel Washington as an actor. I don't know a single performance of him where he doesn't chew the scenery.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #105
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

Maybe not unpopular but Zodiac is in the same league if not better than All The President's Men.

gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #106
Samuron
Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
I don't like Denzel Washington as an actor. I don't know a single performance of him where he doesn't chew the scenery.
I agree somewhat, but it worked in Much Ado About Nothing.

Samuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:21 PM   #107
DyeLorean
will return

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynplaine View Post
Maybe not unpopular but Zodiac is in the same league if not better than All The President's Men.
I haven't see All The President's Men as many times as Zodiac, but what I absolutely love about Zodiac (and why I keep revisiting over and over again) is that it has no ending. The mystery is still there. There's an ending to the film, but not to the story. I find that fascinating, is like I want to try to unravel everything again, knowing that we don't know makes it all just more sinister.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #108
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

The Incredibles is the most overrated superhero movie of all time. It’s really not even a superhero movie; it’s a parody of one.

I have no interest in seeing the sequel.

Deck Rickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #109
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck Rickard View Post
The Incredibles is the most overrated superhero movie of all time. It’s really not even a superhero movie; it’s a parody of one.

I have no interest in seeing the sequel.
Funny enough, I think the first half of the Incredibles is the best superhero movie ever, while the second half suffers from "action over character."

A sequel can learn from the tonal inconsistencies of the first Incredibles movie and create a better-focused narrative. I don't think it will, though.

I think Emperor's New Groove is one of the most satisfying motion pictures crafted. Sure it's your standard "reverse the curse/rival buddy movie" but some of its gags are brilliantly executed, while the character dynamics are enjoyable enough to enjoy the whole ride. "This story's about me, NOT him!"

My only nitpick is that the animation feels like it's not trying to have that "Disney lushness."

I don't mind a cartoonier style (WB's The Iron Giant pulled that off really well), it just has a very boxy and streamlined look that I don't like.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #110
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I miss having newer animated 2D hand drawn -with some supplementary CGI- animated movies as theatrical releases.

YOUTUBE
I ship Reek and one of the DSs of the Hype

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #111
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

I don’t really care for James McAvoy.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #112
shauner111
Side-Kick

The only performance I like from McAvoy is Split.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #113
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I miss having newer animated 2D hand drawn -with some supplementary CGI- animated movies as theatrical releases.
I hope that's not unpopular. I think the combination of really detailed traditional artwork and paintings with CGI lighting and VFX made The Prince of Egypt really stunning and immersive.

I feel like 2D will have to have an absolute smash hit in order to bring "in house" animation back to theaters, and I don't really think any mainstream companies are really ready to take the risk.

2D animation (1937-2004)

^ Yeah, I know showing a Disney film is almost "cheating" but keep in mind, this is over 70 years old.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #114
Herofan
Side-Kick

I like Bio-Dome.

Herofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #115
Herofan
Side-Kick

And I very much like Beverly Hills Ninja, I don't get why that film is pretty ignored and alternately derided.

Herofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #116
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofan View Post
And I very much like Beverly Hills Ninja, I don't get why that film is pretty ignored and alternately derided.
I love Beverly Hills Ninja, but also because I love everything with Chris Farley. Sad we never got to see his Fatty Arbuckle biopic with Peter Weir. I like when comedians explore darker roles.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #117
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I feel like 2D will have to have an absolute smash hit in order to bring "in house" animation back to theaters, and I don't really think any mainstream companies are really ready to take the risk.
We're still waiting on the hoopla of Paperman. Thought for sure Zootopia was going to be the first. Tartakovsky, on the other hand, has already perfected the transition even if the CGI doesn't look cell-shaded.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #118
LaughterLives
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofan View Post
I like Bio-Dome.
I friggen love Bio-Dome! Its a perfectly enjoyable flick.

LaughterLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:43 AM   #119
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

I prefer hand-drawn animation too. Gives me a different feeling. Like every frame counts. Also leaves more room for imagination. I also love lines.

But there are also really cool hybrids like Paperman.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #120
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Totally.

(Btw, Dirty Dancing is pure crap)

Old 11-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #121
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but Ben Affleck is a great Batman and a great Bruce Wayne. Also on a related note, JL is a pretty enjoyable film, especially considering all the troubles it went through.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #122
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

Wesley Snipes deserves a renaissance. Whether he goes the "Taken" route which seems appropriate or does something else, it's time for for the Snipesnaissance

Old 11-29-2017, 09:38 PM   #123
LaughterLives
Banned User

up until recently, I think that was a very popular opinion about Affleck.
But even now, it still seems to be pretty popular.

It's unpopular to think he sux!

Old 11-29-2017, 09:39 PM   #124
LaughterLives
Banned User

Quote:
Wesley Snipes deserves a renaissance. Whether he goes the "Taken" route which seems appropriate or does something else, it's time for for the Snipesnaissance
He should play the new Two-Face!

Old 11-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #125
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but Ben Affleck is a great Batman and a great Bruce Wayne. Also on a related note, JL is a pretty enjoyable film, especially considering all the troubles it went through.
I enjoyed Justice League too. Not as good as Wonder Woman (which is almost as good as Superman: The Movie), but a hundred times better than Dawn of Injustice. The worst thing about Justice League is Superman's mouth. "Superman? Does the S stand for "stroke"?"