The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Old 04-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #76
igoogol
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - - Part 11

Siren X and Citizan Cold...probably troll baits...dang it...have to watch this ep after all...

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #77
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

If it is Siren-X I cant even fully get into the character since she is an EXACT replica of E2 Siren. Hair, outfit, villainous.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #78
Cider Man
New User - Level 0

Has anything interesting happened recently? Haven't watched the last 3-4 episodes because of how bad this series has been. The constant mood swings, followed by someone going to talk to said moody individual could not be more boring, emotionless and predictable.

The Barry and Iris relationship makes me want to be sick

Cider Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #79
Travesty
Side-Kick

Nothing crazy, except that Devoe took over Ralph's body, which I can only hope that means he'll die at the end of the season.

Last edited by Travesty; 04-19-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:28 PM   #80
The Shape
In the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cider Man View Post
Has anything interesting happened recently? Haven't watched the last 3-4 episodes because of how bad this series has been. The constant mood swings, followed by someone going to talk to said moody individual could not be more boring, emotionless and predictable.

The Barry and [REDACTED] relationship makes me want to be sick
Corrected your post for you. You are not allowed to speak [OBJECT PRONOUN] name in this thread.

Welcome to the Hype.

Old 04-19-2018, 09:39 PM   #81
Travesty
Side-Kick

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #82
KevTravels
Side-Kick

I really like Ralph. I had no idea he'd be a regular all season though.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:44 PM   #83
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Then probably forgotten and rarely mentioned next season like Draco Malfoy.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #84
mqg96
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Guys...what happened to this show? During summer last year, it was all this talk about sort of returning to its roots, and its lightness. And they went TOO overboard with the lightness with Ralph. I’ve been scoping the pages and it looks like a lot feel the same. I thought one of the season’s best episodes was 403 with Kilgore. The humor was spot on despite Flash’s suit turning into a raft. 415 Flashtime was great but I even forgot about how that episode came to a resolve.

I’m gonna say it—the best thing about this season, is that gorgeous suit. That still doesn’t have a ring. Ugh.

Like some here, I’ve definitely had thoughts about dropping it on Tuesday nights but I’ll probably ride the rest of the season out, see how it goes. Like a lot of you, I thought they lost the frightening appeal to The Thinker by losing Sandilands and replacing him with D-level actors. Christ, WTH happened there? #endrant

P.S. Around halfway through the season, I was telling myself—this is better than Season 3. But now we’re almost at the end and I think it’s safe to say this is the worst season yet. Truly.
Nailed it. Season 1 was a light season that was really good. Season 2 was a dark season that was really good. Season 3 was a dark season that was really bad. Now season 4 is a light season that's gone really bad. A show having a light tone or a dark tone does not determine the outcome of how well a season is gonna go, it's about the writers and the execution of the plot. The Flash is suffering exactly what Arrow went through a couple years back. Both shows were solid its first 2 seasons.

mqg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #85
mqg96
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Man this team is stupid, they never learn.
Brain dead. Like has Barry not learned anything from the past? For example, that Invincible episode where he was overconfident and too complacent right before Zoom killed his father, or the fact that he barely escaped Savitar due to H.R. Wells making a sacrifice?

mqg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #86
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Man, I just remembered about the (grand)daughter of Barry and Iris. We've seen her twice, I think. She just gonna show up in the season finale or something?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:31 AM   #87
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
I think he's part of the unspoken formula to get Arrowverse viewers invested in supporting characters by building them up on them on the most popular show, then using them on the other shows. I could easily see Ralph on LoT, or maybe even Supergirl.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:05 AM   #88
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Venom View Post
I think he's part of the unspoken formula to get Arrowverse viewers invested in supporting characters by building them up on them on the most popular show, then using them on the other shows. I could easily see Ralph on LoT, or maybe even Supergirl.
No to having him on Supergirl. Why would he fit in there? Why ruin that show too with him?

If they want to use him, then put him on LoT or keep him on Flash.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:04 AM   #89
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

I am not buying that Ralph is gone. His character is not a minor character in the comics. So as long as his body is still being used by Devoe...I say Ralph will be back.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #90
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Man, I just remembered about the (grand)daughter of Barry and Iris. We've seen her twice, I think. She just gonna show up in the season finale or something?
I (think) episode 20 is supposed to be about her. I read something about it on Instagram earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
I am not buying that Ralph is gone. His character is not a minor character in the comics. So as long as his body is still being used by Devoe...I say Ralph will be back.
One would think (or hope?) that the consciousness of all De Voe's victim somehow remain alive within his subconscious; he has their memories at least? Assuming Team Flash kept the bodies on ice, it's possible they could all make a return, although with De Voe now in possession of Ralph's body, it certainly seems like he'd be the most likely candidate to be saved.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:15 AM   #91
divan
Side-Kick

I'm someone who thought the show's decline actually started with the second season. I thought the first season was not only damn fine television, but also one better live-action superhero stories out there (including other shows AND movies).

And yet even at the start of the second season everything just felt so... unengaging. Characters stopped trying. The plot felt less focused and the different subplots seemed to go their own way each, instead of mixing and converging almost constantly like in the first season. The Earth-2 concept was used very unimaginatively, both in story and design (I mean, Earth-2 is literally Earth-1 with After Effects holograms and a bad color filter). The "twist" with Zoom was a more convoluted, plae imitation of Thawne... It was just a mess all around, if you ask me.

And I was thinking, as much as I enjoy Legends of Tomorrow nowadays, it's really vampirized a lot of this show. Losing the Rogues was the first big mistake, imo, the first season, you had the Reverse Flash as the main opponent, but Snart seemed to, slowly but unstoppably, be becoming one of the Flash's more unpredictable villains. And if they wanted to go the redeeming route with him, imagine how much better it'd had been to keep that story for The Flash - For example, having him team up with the Flash to stop Zoom and dying in the process instead of ********ting a time wraith plot device. Same for the third season. One problem with Savitar's reveal is that he was literally the only villain (and no, Alchemy doesn't count because he was doing exactly what Savitar wanted and was a brainwashed character, so there's no conflict between them and all the conflict between Team Flash and Alchemy is a conflict they're having with Savitar) so he got old fast. Really fast. Imagine having a Post-Flashpoint Reverse Flash running around as a secondary villain - They could have given him the same storyline he had on LoT (fleeing from the Black Racer and trying to prevent his own erasure, though obviously without the Spear of Destiny or that much time travel) or they could have told us Flashpoint spared him from being erased (they ******** time travel anyway) and, as a living paradox, he's free to haunt Barry as much as he wants.

Dunno, just some thoughts...

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #92
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
No to having him on Supergirl. Why would he fit in there? Why ruin that show too with him?
He would fit the tone perfectly, and he would be more interesting than Bor-El.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #93
Speed Force
There was an idea...

Rewatching season 1 and in episode 7 Wells/Thawne mentions Ralph Dibny among those who died the night of the Particle Accelerator....

Speed Force is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #94
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

lol that's funny. We'll just chalk it up to that being Ralph Dibny sr.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #95
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
Rewatching season 1 and in episode 7 Wells/Thawne mentions Ralph Dibny among those who died the night of the Particle Accelerator....
Well what happened in season 1 isn't necessarily what is the same reality now. Barry created Flashpoint. Ralph Dibney could easily be alive now after Barry changed the timeline.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #96
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

A quick mention would have been nice. If you use that kind of fanservice to set up future stories, it would be nice to acknowledge them later, otherwise why bother? Is it too much trouble to just keep a list of names in the writers' room?

VIDEO: Just how old are the X-Men in the movies? A Mathematical Analysis
DawnWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:08 PM   #97
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Are they going to force some Cecile story soon? I didn't watch Run Iris but she hasn't appeared in about 3 episodes.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #98
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Don't care for the Granddaughter or future relative girl. Think she will be annoying and we will get a lot of Iris trying to be a mother moments. More BArry training stuff.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #99
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Don't care for the Granddaughter or future relative girl. Think she will be annoying and we will get a lot of Iris trying to be a mother moments. More BArry training stuff.
She's managed to come back in time, and has managed to avoid detection. I don't think she'll need much training - if any.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #100
Speed Force
There was an idea...

Season 4 finale is supposed to set up next seasons big bad. I'm assuming Godspeed

Speed Force is online now   Reply With Quote