The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Which of the Big Three do you think should get their fourquel?
Iron Man 4 8.70%
Captain America 10 21.74%
Thor 28 60.87%
None of them should get a fourquel 4 8.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #26
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which of the Big Three do you think should get their fourquel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
But who will get? That's easy: Thor. Hemsworth wants to do more, Evans doesn't, and Downey probably doesn't but he likes all that money.
Yeah, about that... they very well might be willing to keep paying him a rate of more than $1 million a minute of screen time if Black Panther hadn't just outgrossed the Iron Man films and Homecoming.
Sorry, Robert. You're out.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #27
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

I'd like to see another Cap film, but I think it'll be Thor.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #28
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Hmm, this is a tough one. All nine films - all three films per character - were positively received with 8/9 being “certified fresh”, and all met expectations or overperformed at the box office with each film making more than the previous.

All three deserve a fourth, and eventually, I’m sure they will get one. The third films in particular in all three were met with huge critical praise and box office with bread crumbs to what a fourth could be. I’d say I’d prioritize Thor since he’s always had the better comics of the three and there is so much left three movies could never tackle (Bill, Enchatress, Karnilla, Hercules, Mangog, Balder, Broxton etc.)

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:07 PM   #29
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
All three deserve a fourth, and eventually, I’m sure they will get one. The third films in particular in all three were met with huge critical praise and box office with bread crumbs to what a fourth could be. I’d say I’d prioritize Thor since he’s always had the better comics of the three and there is so much left three movies could never tackle (Bill, Enchatress, Karnilla, Hercules, Mangog, Balder, Broxton etc.)
I get the feeling that Feige and/or Markus and McFeely feel that Captain America has a poor rogue's gallery. Remember the fake-out when they announced his threequel as "Serpent Society" and then revealed it was about fighting Iron Man?
Definitely Thor first, because Hemsworth is eager and as you say there's much left to tackle. After him, I dunno... it depends on whether they'd rather pit Sebastian Stan against the Serpents or bite the bullet and cast another Tony Stark.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:20 AM   #30
honestbharani
Side-Kick

Why not have the big 3 in a movie together as a sort of a last hurrah? It could be called Thor 4 if they feel the Iron Man and Cap trilogies wound up their individual stories well enough but it will be fun to just see the 3 of them fight bad guys together.

honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:26 AM   #31
Kuwolski
g r u n t - m a n

I could easilly see Thor going on for multiple films and he's just hitting his stride. Potential is truly great with him. Cap is my favorite, but I got bad feelings for A4.

Kuwolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:42 AM   #32
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Iron Man, I wanna see the Mandarin done right.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:51 AM   #33
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
Why not have the big 3 in a movie together as a sort of a last hurrah? It could be called Thor 4 if they feel the Iron Man and Cap trilogies wound up their individual stories well enough but it will be fun to just see the 3 of them fight bad guys together.
I believe they have that coming already... Avengers 4!

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:01 AM   #34
Panacea
Side-Kick

Thor, but hopefully not with Taika at the helm.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:14 AM   #35
pixen
Side-Kick

I think it’s all guest appearances in other films for anyone who makes it out of A4 (from the first 3).

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:06 AM   #36
honestbharani
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
I believe they have that coming already... Avengers 4!
Lol. but I want only this trio for the most part. The other heroes can be benched for one movie..

honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #37
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Thor easy give him a chance to hit a billion in a solo

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:10 AM   #38
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Thor for sure.
The character is firing on all cylinders now and the Thor comics are so rich with content that it would be a waste not to capitalize on that. Bring back Taika Waititi, Korg, Miek, Valkyrie, Hela... I would love to see a old and scared King Thor going against Galactus and Silver Surfer.

HammerDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #39
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Got to be Thor for me, of what I know about the characters there is a lot more they can explore in Thor’s universe compared to the others.

Plus Hemsworth wants to come back which helps.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #40
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Iron Man.

Mandarin, the real Mandarin needs to be done right
The Ten Rings storyline was never properly ended
Robert Downey Jr deserves to go out on his own terms, in his proper movie. He more than deserves it over anyone else.

And the real Mandarin needs to be done right!

Old 07-03-2018, 10:50 AM   #41
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Problem is, Disney could actually lose money on an Iron Man 4 if the villain is a comics-accurate Mandarin. The Chinese government wouldn't let it in, and Downey would demand a salary of at least $80 million (he demanded $15 for 8 minutes of screen time in Homecoming and $40 million to play Captain America's villain in Civil War.)

Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #42
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
Problem is, Disney could actually lose money on an Iron Man 4 if the villain is a comics-accurate Mandarin. The Chinese government wouldn't let it in, and Downey would demand a salary of at least $80 million (he demanded $15 for 8 minutes of screen time in Homecoming and $40 million to play Captain America's villain in Civil War.)
Are the movie villains ever truly comic accurate? Was the Red Skull a full on Nazi? The Ten Rings are depicted to be from the middle east made up from various countries.

Have Mandarin as the main bad, ambiguous as to where he's from, Asian origins, yes, but he is bi-racial, if they want to bring it up. Have him paired up, with Justin Hammer (or the Hammer girls) and Ezekiel Stane. Have Tony working with the Chinese government, like he's done in the comics, (see The Dragon Seed Saga).

Mandarin isn't a problem, especially if they look at the books written by the Knaufs and Matt Fraction.

Money isn't a problem for Disney and them making another billion plus dollars.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #43
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I am a Captain America guy, so a 4th Evans Cap film would be what I would be most interested in. I would say Cap 1st, Thor 2nd, Iron Man 3rd.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #44
Flash525
Side-Kick

The Captain America films have got significantly better as they've progressed. The three Ironman films, well to be totally honest, none of them came off as amazing; I've always thought Tony Stark/Robert Downey Jr plays well with others. The three Ironman films are (to me) mediocre. Thor 1 & 2 were quite dire, and the romance between Thor and Jane just felt flat! Ragnarok however was superb, and is easily one of my favourite Marvel films.

Thus, my vote goes to Thor. He certainly seems like he has the most fun in the role, especially lately, and he doesn't ask for the extortionate prices that RDJ does to portray the character. Chris Evans has indicated on many occasions that he'd like to get into directing rather than acting (though equally has stated he's content with the Steve Rogers role for as long as Marvel want him).

The thing is, all of these characters work well with others; Rogers with Sam & Bucky, Stark with Rhodes, Thor with Hulk, Valkyrie & Korg. If we do get a fourquel for any of these characters, it shouldn't just be about them, but rather an ensemble (of sorts).

A sequel to Civil War for argument sake should heavily feature Sam & Bucky, maybe even Natasha if she makes it out of the Infinity War sequel. A sequel to Ironman 3 needs to be the Mandarin, but shouldn't just be Stark and Rhodes - you're going to need more supporting characters (though I can't think who). Thor should be able to resonate with Valkyrie and Korg if Hulk isn't along for the ride again. Thor has a brother in Baldur too(?) that they could introduce if they wanted..

Old 07-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #45
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
And he probably added well more than $15 million and $40 million to their profits (especially in the latter film), so I think he's justified.

The China thing is a real concern though.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #46
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
And he probably added well more than $15 million and $40 million to their profits (especially in the latter film), so I think he's justified.
Fair enough.
OTOH, MCU Spider-Man probably needs Tony dead to reach his full potential. Like I said, Homecoming actually made less than any Raimi Spider-Man despite 10 years of inflation.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #47
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fair enough.
OTOH, MCU Spider-Man probably needs Tony dead to reach his full potential. Like I said, Homecoming actually made less than any Raimi Spider-Man despite 10 years of inflation.
It is actually the second-highest grossing Spider-Man film. SM3 is first with $890 million and HC is right behind it with $880 million. It had a big jump from the $709 million TASM2 had. Given that the series was a noticeable downward slide, it is quite impressive that HC managed to reverse that as successfully as it did.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #48
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
It is actually the second-highest grossing Spider-Man film. SM3 is first with $890 million and HC is right behind it with $880 million. It had a big jump from the $709 million TASM2 had. Given that the series was a noticeable downward slide, it is quite impressive that HC managed to reverse that as successfully as it did.
Oh, I see from boxofficemojo.com that Raimi's better Spider-Man films actually made less, because there was a massive spike in foreign percentage between 2 & 3. I stand corrected.
On the inflation-adjusted list, which is domestic-only, Spider-Man is the #4 superhero film after Avengers 1 & 3 and Black Panther.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:24 PM   #49
Iron_Stark
That's a one-off

Quote:
I get the feeling that Feige and/or Markus and McFeely feel that Captain America has a poor rogue's gallery. Remember the fake-out when they announced his threequel as "Serpent Society" and then revealed it was about fighting Iron Man?
Definitely Thor first, because Hemsworth is eager and as you say there's much left to tackle. After him, I dunno... it depends on whether they'd rather pit Sebastian Stan against the Serpents or bite the bullet and cast another Tony Stark.
Why would they need to cast another Tony? RDJ has one or two more in him. He has a blast with the character, look at his socia media. He gets truck loads of money doing them, all the movies he's been in as the character have been successful. And it's not like it's as physical as a Rambo movie or something.

His final movie needs to be in his own movie, not with other characters. He needs to go out on top, not with the final movie in his trilogy being divisive. He needs to end the Mandarin/Ten Rings storyline. He more than deserves it at this point.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #50
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
I'd like to see another Cap film, but I think it'll be Thor.
Came here to say this. A Thor 4 would be great tho too. Beta Ray Bill baby!!

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote