The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #501
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel united View Post
Fishburne wants to be Galactus. I think he would be a good fit.- I wanted him for Galactus back in 2007
With a bit of reverberation, yeah I could see that. Err, hear that.

Big Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #502
WeaponXCII
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bang View Post
Slightly earlier, potentially. Considering this could have gone all the way to next summer, I think we'll take it.

WeaponXCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #503
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Slightly earlier, potentially. Considering this could have gone all the way to next summer, I think we'll take it.
And after the Vote, Feige will know he has it. He may not be able to do anything official until it closes, but he can start writing in ink the plans he has probably already penciled in.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #504
KBX
Side-Kick

Quote:
“This makes it more unlikely that Comcast could get a deal through the regulatory process,” and media analyst Laura Martin of Needham & Co. “And makes it more likely that shareholders will vote to close the Disney deal, which is both financially higher now, and with greater certainty of closing.” Disney and Fox have scheduled shareholder votes on the merger for July 27.Another respected media analyst, Michael Nathanson, all but declared Comcast out of the running.

“Given the absence of a follow-up Comcast bid for Fox, the approval from the DOJ and the breaking news that the DOJ is appealing Judge Leon’s approval of the AT&T-Time Warner merger, we would think that there is a high degree of likelihood that Disney will acquire Fox,” Nathanson wrote.
https://deadline.com/2018/07/doj-app...er-1202425687/

Old 07-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #505
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
And after the Vote, Feige will know he has it. He may not be able to do anything official until it closes, but he can start writing in ink the plans he has probably already penciled in.
If the deal closes in time then even if they can’t explicitly show Fox Marvel characters given that the phase 3 movies have been shot already imagine a Latvareia name drop in any of the Marvel movies released next year?

Last edited by Detective Conan; 07-12-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Detective Conan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #506
Marvel united
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Conan View Post
If the deal closes in time then even if they can’t explicitly show Fox Marvel characters given that the phase 3 movies have been shot already but imagine a Latvareia name drop in any of the Marvel movies released next year?
Post credits. Mutant Easter eggs

Old 07-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #507
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Yep. At this point, there is far, far too much uncertainty to accept any offers from Comcast now.

The shareholders are going to take the sure bet.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #508
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

If the deal closes by Christmas, they could attach any after credits scenes they want to any of the 2019 films.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:05 PM   #509
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
We already have them. Their names are Henry, Janet and Hope.
I'm hoping Scott and Hope get married, then you can add him and Cassie.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #510
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Quote:
If the deal closes by Christmas, they could attach any after credits scenes they want to any of the 2019 films.
Best part is, they can make them without casting any of the characters either. They can name them out right, show a 4 logo, etc. So many options. The hype around the MCU would then become stratospheric.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #511
Marvel united
Avenger

Quote:
Best part is, they can make them without casting any of the characters either. They can name them out right, show a 4 logo, etc. So many options. The hype around the MCU would then become stratospheric.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #512
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Yeah, how about just a low angle shot of European castle? Or a shot of a rocket on a launch pad?

Old 07-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #513
MasterCat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I'm hoping Scott and Hope get married, then you can add him and Cassie.
That's my hope too. Cassie ought to be family by the time she's a costumed superhero.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #514
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
I’m so hyped i could puke

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #515
Boom
I got nothin'

So when this deal finally happens, I take it this thread will close and new Fantastic Four and X-Men threads will be opened up?

Old 07-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #516
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
I’m so hyped i could puke

Old 07-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #517
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
So when this deal finally happens, I take it this thread will close and new Fantastic Four and X-Men threads will be opened up?
This thread should never close. We can have FF and X-Men threads but this should stay open. It's historical.

And if we really want to keep it open there's still the Spider-Man rights.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #518
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
This thread closing will be bittersweet. It’s clearly one of the better threads on the hype but a new F4 sub forum opening up would be such a victory for everyone involved in this thread. Especially Willie

Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #519
Detective Conan
Side-Kick

Quote:
The deal closing by that time would be like the best Christmas present ever.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #520
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Yep. At this point, there is far, far too much uncertainty to accept any offers from Comcast now.

This bit was particularly relevant:

Quote:
Another respected media analyst, Michael Nathanson, all but declared Comcast out of the running.

“Given the absence of a follow-up Comcast bid for Fox, the approval from the DOJ and the breaking news that the DOJ is appealing Judge Leon’s approval of the AT&T-Time Warner merger, we would think that there is a high degree of likelihood that Disney will acquire Fox,” Nathanson wrote.
Looks like everything is stacked against Comcast and in Disney's favour. Is there anything Comcast can do now?

Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #521
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
What should happen is, this thread should be pinned to the top of the new Fantastic four forum and it should never be locked.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #522
Big Bang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
This bit was particularly relevant:

Looks like everything is stacked against Comcast and in Disney's favour. Is there anything Comcast can do now?
Not really.

Right now I expect for Comcast to make some announcement about how valuable Sky is and that they will focus on them.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #523
ADollarADay
Side-Kick

Quote:

This is the truth 100%.

I was talking to a couple of friends who have way more shares than me and still haven't cast their vote. We all concur that it will be hard for CMCSA to come up with anything worthy for smart investors.

With AT&T acting like idiots and doing a 180 on what they said during trial (within 60 days of closing lol) and the DOJ appealing the T/TWX decision then it'll give us a lot of uncertainties for CMCSA bid.

Roberts is in a top spot, he can come in at 90B and still be balked at simply because Disney already got approved and it'll close by the end of the year. There's no guarantee CMCSA will close the deal. I feel empathy for Roberts right now. There's literally nothing he can do. In those situations I go to the gym and hit the weights hard. Or go hit the bags or spar with people. High level execs like him probably do coke and have prostitutes out. That's probably what he's doing now.

Iger and Disney are now 100% guaranteed to not raise their bid. They have DOJ approval, a 6 month+ headstart, backing from the Fox sport and biggest shareholders, and appeal from DOJ on T/TWX. If Fox tries to back out of the Disney deal and try to ask for more money, DIS will take the 1.5B. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Smart money is taking the 71B. Good for DIS investors as it doesn't dilute as much as the previous offer and long term debt and balance sheet can be fixed in a few years with higher cash flow and good management. Good for FOX investors as they get more money/stock. Bad for Comcast. Bad for Disney fans who want immediate results (i.e. new theme park lands everywhere today).

Quote:
If the July 27th vote goes as expected, Feige and friends can plan and shoot an alternate post credit scene or two. In the unlikely scenario the deal takes longer than expected (i.e. still not approved by the time A4 comes out), then they can just release another post credit scene. Low risk, high reward.

Like I said, unless some unforeseen thing happens this deal will close by Xmas and people here will get a nice Xmas present. First round is on you Willie.

Quote:
No. Disney and Marvel will still need the outstanding rights that Comcast owns and Spider-Man. The former can possibly be coming soon after Disney closes the deal with Fox, so Hulk/Namor movie rights + theme park rights in Orlando and Spiderman in Japan may soon be all Disney (or on the way, the theme park rights would be phased out, I'm certain).

Disney would then focus on getting Spidey 100% back in house. That's the outstanding item this thread would focus on IMO.

ADollarADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #524
Zarex
Side-Kick

Kabletown is still coming out of the deal pretty well. They are the frontrunner to get Sky and will probably be able to pick up RSNs in key markets once Disney divests. And assuming AT&T stays intact Roberts may be able to close another deal with the financing he lined up.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:05 PM   #525
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!

Quote:
"When" the deal closes, I've got a present for you....and believe me, it's better than that champagne cork in the eye we both laughed about when the deal was announced.

www.cloudvistas.com
InCali is online now   Reply With Quote