The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #351
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I thought you were going to swap it for your S which had an issue?
yes. that's the plan.

it's just that I'm not going to preorder it.

when I'm ready to swap my S and upgrade, I'll see if the regular edition is in stock at the store and then exchange my S for it.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #352
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yes. that's the plan.

it's just that I'm not going to preorder it.

when I'm ready to swap my S and upgrade, I'll see if the regular edition is in stock at the store and then exchange my S for it.
Yes, makes sense. Hope that one finally works out for you!

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #353
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yes, makes sense. Hope that one finally works out for you!
hope so......lol.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #354
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Might get Battlefront 2 to test on it if it comes out at a similar time.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #355
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Might get Battlefront 2 to test on it if it comes out at a similar time.
is that the Star Wars game?

I'll be interested to see the differences.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #356
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
is that the Star Wars game?

I'll be interested to see the differences.
Yes, the Battlefield-like game by DICE/

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #357
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yes, the Battlefield-like game by DICE/
ah, ok.

that game's not really on my radar.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #358
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
ah, ok.

that game's not really on my radar.
I'm not surprised if the first one didn't interest you but this one will have a campaign. I want to try a totally new AAA game on the X.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #359
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I'm not surprised if the first one didn't interest you but this one will have a campaign. I want to try a totally new AAA game on the X.
oh yeah. I'm glad this one has a campaign. but from what I've seen, the story and protag don't really interest me.

It's great it has a female lead, but I don't really have much interest playing as a member of the Empire, especially since the protag isn't force sensitive ( as far as I know ).

If it were like the Force Unleashed game, where you play as a Dark side force user who redeems him or herself, then I'd be more interested.

but as of now, not really. If I hear great things about the campaign, then I might give it a look if it goes on sale and after I've cleared out some of my backlog.....lol.

now, I can only wait for a Bioware KOTOR style SW RPG.......THAT'S the SW game I really want.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #360
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
oh yeah. I'm glad this one has a campaign. but from what I've seen, the story and protag don't really interest me.

It's great it has a female lead, but I don't really have much interest playing as a member of the Empire, especially since the protag isn't force sensitive ( as far as I know ).

If it were like the Force Unleashed game, where you play as a Dark side force user who redeems him or herself, then I'd be more interested.

but as of now, not really. If I hear great things about the campaign, then I might give it a look if it goes on sale and after I've cleared out some of my backlog.....lol.

now, I can only wait for a Bioware KOTOR style SW RPG.......THAT'S the SW game I really want.
Gotya. I've never played that so would welcome a new game in that line.

Any plans on what you'd try out first on the X then? After all these demo videos RotTR feels like a must lol.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #361
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Gotya. I've never played that so would welcome a new game in that line.

Any plans on what you'd try out first on the X then? After all these demo videos RotTR feels like a must lol.
I'm hoping the KOTOR games are added to BC asap once OG Xbox joins BC.

But I still want a new Bioware SW RPG. It doesn't have to be tied to KOTOR ( and probably not since the SW EU has largely been phased out since the Disney buyout ). But just imagine something with Mass Effect visuals but set in the SW universe.

As for what I'll try first on the X, it depends on when I make the upgrade.

I'll probably try Diablo 3 or RoTR, since Diablo 3 is also supposed to be X enhanced. But I do want to play the 1st TR game before I get into ROTR, so I'm going to start on that this weekend.

There's also GOW 4 and Forza Horizon 3 which I have digitally, and those are X enhanced, so I'll probably try them out too. Also Killer Instinct.

For a new game, probably Forza 7 I guess? If I play Shadow of War, again, I want to hold off until I play the 1st game. And I'm waiting to see if Shadow of Mordor gets X enhanced, since it got Pro enhanced.

I would have tried Crackdown 3 had it been released with the X - that was my original plan.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #362
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I'm hoping the KOTOR games are added to BC asap once OG Xbox joins BC.

But I still want a new Bioware SW RPG. It doesn't have to be tied to KOTOR ( and probably not since the SW EU has largely been phased out since the Disney buyout ). But just imagine something with Mass Effect visuals but set in the SW universe.

As for what I'll try first on the X, it depends on when I make the upgrade.

I'll probably try Diablo 3 or RoTR, since Diablo 3 is also supposed to be X enhanced. But I do want to play the 1st TR game before I get into ROTR, so I'm going to start on that this weekend.

For a new game, probably Forza 7 I guess? If I play Shadow of War, again, I want to hold off until I play the 1st game. And I'm waiting to see if Shadow of Mordor gets X enhanced, since it got Pro enhanced.

I would have tried Crackdown 3 had it been released with the X - that was my original plan.
Oh yes I didn't think of the BC for KOTOR. SW with ME visuals would be amazing. Oh yes Forza 7 too. Crackdown I'll be giving a miss though.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #363
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

oh, and I did my little ROTR test on the Pro, to see if it matched up with those comparison vids.

And for the most part, I say it does.

Now, I'll say it looks better actually playing the game on the Pro on my 4K tv than watching it on a YouTube vid.

but, I tried to pay attention to and pause when it came to the points in the comparison vid. And if you look at the detail differences, you can tell that the X version does look a bit sharper, clearer, and more detailed than the Pro.

Now, the caveat of course, is that you have to stop and really pay attention to notice the detail differences. In reality, in normal course of play, will you really be able to spot the differences? Maybe, maybe not.

But the differences are there and are noticeable. And once you see the sharper, clearer, more detailed X version, it's hard to "unsee" it and the Pro version looks blurrier, less sharp, less detailed. So now when I'm looking at the Pro version, I'm picking out more flaws.....lol.

And ironically, this is pretty much the same way I felt when I did my Pro vs S tests a few weeks back. The Pro looked a bit sharper, clearer, with more detail and when you switch to the S version, it looks like someone applied a "blur" filter to it and everything looks less sharp and less clear and less detailed. And again, once you see the difference, it's hard to unsee it.

And now, compared to the X, it's like there's a blur filter over the Pro version making everything less sharp and less clear.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #364
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Yeah, side by side comparisons really show the difference while reasonably significant differences can go unnoticed when you have no direct point of reference.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #365
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Oh yes I didn't think of the BC for KOTOR. SW with ME visuals would be amazing. Oh yes Forza 7 too. Crackdown I'll be giving a miss though.
The one thing I'm still waiting on Crackdown is to see if there is indeed a character creator system.

if you're forced to play as a set protag ( or choose amongst set protags ), then I may lose interest in the game.

when possible, I prefer to create my own characters, especially in open world, sandbox type games.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #366
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah, side by side comparisons really show the difference while reasonably significant differences can go unnoticed when you have no direct point of reference.
true.

and that's kind of the tough sell for the Pro and the X.

you really have to research and check out side by side comparisons to see if you can notice a difference.

but if you're just in the store, with no frame of reference, it's harder to conceptualize or visualize just how much a difference the extra power can make.

ideally, there should be "demo displays" at the stores that show off side by side comparisons, similar to how they show HDR vs non-HDR content sometimes.

but I have yet to see any of that for these game consoles.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #367
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
true.

and that's kind of the tough sell for the Pro and the X.

you really have to research and check out side by side comparisons to see if you can notice a difference.

but if you're just in the store, with no frame of reference, it's harder to conceptualize or visualize just how much a difference the extra power can make.

ideally, there should be "demo displays" at the stores that show off side by side comparisons, similar to how they show HDR vs non-HDR content sometimes.

but I have yet to see any of that for these game consoles.
I guess it wouldn't have happened in the past as we haven't had significant mid gen console refreshes before. Would be a good way to sell by showing against the older console version for sure.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:06 PM   #368
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I guess it wouldn't have happened in the past as we haven't had significant mid gen console refreshes before. Would be a good way to sell by showing against the older console version for sure.
yeah, we are in uncharted territory here.

from a retailer perspective, you're not going to openly display how 1 model is superior/inferior to another model, or one brand is superior/inferior to another brand, when you want to sell all models and all brands.

likewise, from the brand perspective, it's kind of hard to openly display how the latest model is superior to the cheaper model when you still want to sell that cheaper model.....lol.

so, yeah, it's kind of a tough position for both the retailer and the console maker's perspective. different than if we were moving to a whole new generation.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #369
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
yeah, we are in uncharted territory here.

from a retailer perspective, you're not going to openly display how 1 model is superior/inferior to another model, or one brand is superior/inferior to another brand, when you want to sell all models and all brands.

likewise, from the brand perspective, it's kind of hard to openly display how the latest model is superior to the cheaper model when you still want to sell that cheaper model.....lol.

so, yeah, it's kind of a tough position for both the retailer and the console maker's perspective. different than if we were moving to a whole new generation.
The inferior model, as in the S, would have the advantage of cheaper price. When you go to an electronics store you have all the models of TVs on display from a particular manufacturer and can directly compare them all. You decide on price vs your budget and the differences you can see and the differences in their specs or whatever else you care about. I think it would be similar to that.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:22 PM   #370
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The inferior model, as in the S, would have the advantage of cheaper price. When you go to an electronics store you have all the models of TVs on display from a particular manufacturer and can directly compare them all. You decide on price vs your budget and the differences you can see and the differences in their specs or whatever else you care about. I think it would be similar to that.
yes.

but unlike shopping for a TV, where you have multiple models and brands hooked up and on display for you to visually compare, you don't really have that in the gaming department.

For example, you don't have an S hooked up to a screen, and then the X hooked up to a different screen so you can compare them side by side. Or a Pro hooked up nearby with a slim PS4 also hooked up.

at most, you'll just have one console for each brand hooked up to a screen. And so far, I've yet to see the Pro or S hooked up for display.

at least that's how it is in the stores I've visited in my town.

maybe it's a different case in bigger stores in bigger cities or in different countries.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #371
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Yes, I'm saying they should do it in this case (and that it hasn't been necessary in the past before these mid gen console refreshes).

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 08:56 PM   #372
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yes, I'm saying they should do it in this case (and that it hasn't been necessary in the past before these mid gen console refreshes).
I agree.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-25-2017, 11:21 PM   #373
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

oh, and some other games I've been wanting to try are Quantum Break and Recore.

Since both are getting X enhanced, with Recore getting a Definitive Edition ( next week! ), I'm holding off on both until I get an X.

so, I do have a list of games I want to play on the X, and a growing Holiday shopping list!

I'm sure there will some good deals and sales on those games during the holidays, plus on other older games I'm interested in.

got to make up for lost time and my many false starts with the Xbox. meow!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 03:31 AM   #374
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 117,653
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
oh, and some other games I've been wanting to try are Quantum Break and Recore.

Since both are getting X enhanced, with Recore getting a Definitive Edition ( next week! ), I'm holding off on both until I get an X.

so, I do have a list of games I want to play on the X, and a growing Holiday shopping list!

I'm sure there will some good deals and sales on those games during the holidays, plus on other older games I'm interested in.

got to make up for lost time and my many false starts with the Xbox. meow!
Yeah should be deals on those. I forget, which games are specifically getting X-enhanced? Is it like BC where they have to do it individually and have a list that they continually update?

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 149,172 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 08-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #375
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah should be deals on those. I forget, which games are specifically getting X-enhanced? Is it like BC where they have to do it individually and have a list that they continually update?
it's like BC where it's done on a game by game basis.

and here's the current list straight from Major Nelson's site.

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-x-enhanced/

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.