The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Fight Club

Old 01-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #151
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion

Default Re: Who Would Really Win?

The guy's mentally flaccid and continues to be so arrogant, it's just insane.

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions

"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:24 AM   #152
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Well he thinks Frank Castle is a deeper, more complex character than Wade Wilson so...

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #153
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
Well he thinks Frank Castle is a deeper, more complex character than Wade Wilson so...
...he's Jeph Loeb.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #154
Ace of Knaves
Banned User

Perhaps. That does seem like a logical explanation.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #155
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
Ah the beloved defense of fools and the simple minded; if you disagree with them then you must not know much about the subject. How quaint. You couldn't find a pair of knockers at a strip club and following those same mental failures you couldn't make a valid point in this debate so you opt out with this online cowardice utilized by so many other weak minded individuals before you.

THIS is why most people use the name DACMAN when referring to the pinnacle of fanboy idiocy in any avenue of comics or otherwise. Your fanaticism has transcended comics as a whole.

Congrats, your self-destructing brain cells have made you famous.
Ha ha ha!

Bravo good sir!

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #156
Chunin
Rob Leifield > Stan Lee

If it wer Rulk then he'd dust Superman.

1.) Eminem 2.) The Eagles 3.) George Strait 4.) The Rolling Stones 5.) Michael Jackson
Chunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #157
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunin View Post
If it wer Rulk then he'd dust Superman.
No, no he wouldn't.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #158
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion04 View Post
Hulk vs Superman

We've seen the lame crossovers, but in a real battle, on earth, and no kryptonite involved, who takes the cake?

Green Genes against the current Supes.

I say it could go either way, but my money is on Hulk.

Cuz "The Madder Hulk gets, the Stronger Hulk gets."

Superman has his heat vision/energy, but I've seen the Hulk regenerate all of his flesh within a matter of minutes, just after he had it fried from his bones. Not sayin' Superman can penetrate Hulk's skin, but IF he can.

Gimme some feedback, peeps.

Is it a fight or a pushing contest?

In sheer pushing force the Hulk’s strength should be able to eventually exceed that of Superman.

If it is a fight, my money is on Superman.

It is possible for either one to be knocked unconscious.

The biggest difference, and IMHO the common denominator is speed.

In the fight the Hulk may as well be standing still as a statue.

Superman has SUPER- SPEED.

He is not quite as fast as the Flash, but he is still one of the fastest characters in the DC universe, and can go much faster than the speed of sound.

The hulk may get stronger, and heal faster, and he may even get somewhat faster as he gets angrier too, but primarily he gets stronger.

So far as I know the rate of Hulks speed increase is no-where close to his strength increases.

The fight would have to go on several days for the hulk to even get 10x faster than he usually is, because again, he mostly gets stronger, the speed increase is far less.

So for all intents an purposes, the Hulk, even at 10x his normal speed would be still moving so slow compared to Superman that the Hulk may as well be a green statue.

All Superman has to do is hit the hulk at full force, at his top speed, which would be impossible for the hulk to block. KO – winner Superman.

Now if you take the Speed away from Superman, then they Hulk would eventually overpower him.

In a test of strength the Hulk also would eventually win.

SuperMike335!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #159
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post

Superman today is far superior in power compared to the Superman who battled Doomsday. He works at a much higher level than Hulk, his recent feats prove that.
Doomsday also has Super Speed, that the Hulk, while very fast, does not have Super Speed.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #160
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post

He is not quite as fast as the Flash, but he is still one of the fastest characters in the DC universe, and can go much faster than the speed of sound.

In a test of strength the Hulk also would eventually win.
Superman CAN fly fast then Flash can run.

Superman has moved planets, atomized words by punching someone, shattered the boundaries of space and time in a fight, held black holes, and moved Warworld. If that isn't a test of strength that would out do the Hulk I don't what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
Doomsday also has Super Speed, that the Hulk, while very fast, does not have Super Speed.
Yes, this is true, but what does that have to do with the topic?

Last edited by Alex Logan; 02-21-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #161
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Logan View Post
Superman CAN fly fast then Flash can run.

Superman has moved planets, atomized words by punching someone, shattered the boundaries of space and time in a fight, held black holes, and moved Warworld. If that isn't a test of strength that would out do the Hulk I don't what is.

Yes, this is true, but what does that have to do with the topic?
Did not realize that. I thought he could only get 99% as fast as the Flash, the Flash still having the edge. He can get to 100% flying? I did not know that.

I was told by a Hulk fan once that he too has held a force equal to that of a black hole. I cannot verify that however. I figured since Hulk seems to have an infinite upward capacity for strength, eventually he could "out lift" Superman. That is different than a fight however.

The reason I pointed out that Doomsday has SuperSpeed, and the Hulk does not, is that it is easy for people to assume that Doomsday, a "Hulk like creature" killed Superman, they may bring up Doomsday into the argument. I Wanted to shoot that one down, as in terms of speed Doomsday and the Hulk do not compare.

Anyway, I think that in a fight, the speed of Superman is the elephant in the room.

Does not matter how MAD Hulk gets, his top speed may as well be standing still. Sure he will be strong, damned strongest stationary object Superman has ever had a fight with.

Force is also strength x speed. One full speed punch at full strength from Superman, and the Hulk is KO. Bruce Banner will wake up with a headache.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #162
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Hulk could beat Superman's ass and kill him in just a man-e-mano beatdown.

However, if Superman was fighting Hulk in Space, Hulk would lose. Superman is faster and smarter and can stay powered in space. Hulk apparently can withstand space, but his durability there isn't really known. I'm giving Superman the advantage.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #163
A.Cho.P.o.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy Bulge Sun View Post
Hulk could beat Superman's ass and kill him in just a man-e-mano beatdown.

However, if Superman was fighting Hulk in Space, Hulk would lose. Superman is faster and smarter and can stay powered in space. Hulk apparently can withstand space, but his durability there isn't really known. I'm giving Superman the advantage.
Doesn't the Hulk end up adapting to every environment? If he's stuck fighting in space he'd probably grow space gills or something...

Wouldn't it end up as a stalemate if Superman went super-speed on the Hulk? The hits would probably toss the Hulk from one end of the country to another but won't it end up just making him angrier? The Hulk would win if the hits don't knock him out right away cause he'd end up healing faster and get a strength boost...Oh and which version of the Hulk are we talking about? World War Hulk made the hulk pretty rigged...

A.Cho.P.o.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #164
PemLam
I'll be the judge of that

Doesn't matter which Hulk he's fighting. Until he adapts to the point where he can fly, obtains super speed at Supe's level or spits Kryptonite, he'll lose.

PemLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #165
A.Cho.P.o.P.

The major problem with this match-up is that DC gave Superman the ability to pull superpowers out of his ass and Marvel only gave the Hulk super-strength to match Superman's...I vote Supes since it's actually hard to imagine the Hulk doing anything against someone flying at light-speed or something while being just as strong. Has there been any match ups between the Sentry and Superman?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #166
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion

Ugh, this thread.....

And yes, Sentry / Superman bouts have been done but Sentry hate always ensures the same outcome.

The Baltimore Ravens:

Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #167
A.Cho.P.o.P.

I kinda expected Superman to lose them to the Sentry since The Sentry has the power of like 10 million exploding suns or something while Superman is powered by 1...That and Superman thinks wearing glasses makes him unrecognizable..

Old 07-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #168
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Superman wins in 1.37 seconds.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #169
A.Cho.P.o.P.

That sure is slow for a guy who can fly at lightspeed...

Old 07-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #170
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

God, this thread just won't DIE!!!

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #171
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion

Yeah, I know.

It's just like that case of Herpes you were telling me about....

The Baltimore Ravens:

Old 12-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #172
ripse
Spider-Man_Blue

Hulk & Superman if my opinion is have same strong, but speed & intelligence Superman have it, so the winner is Superman...can't doubt it

ripse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #173
Steamteck
Side-Kick

These sorts of threads always make me like both characters less.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #174
harryoscop
OsCorp CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by co2 View Post
I usually don't get into these discussions...because there is nothing geekier..but hey, I'm already on a comic book internet message board....I'm at geek level:red already.
Anyone has the potential to beat anyone in my opinion. There are lots of factors involved beyond strength. It could simply be a case of luck or even the mental state someone is in which can come down to what they had for breakfast that morning.
As far as strength potential...I'd say Hulk has that over the post-crisis Supes. He even has a more ruthless attitude....but beyond that Supes really has the edge with all of his other powers. Given that, if forced to bet, I would have to go with the Man of Tomorrow. But Hulk does have a decent shot of winning. If Doom'sday can do it then Hulk can for sure.
But the real answer is "anyone the writer wants to".
I'm from the future Man of steel will come out in 2013 making Superman badass and losing the undies, and it will be the start of a DCCU!

Legends will collide 2016

Cap returns 2016
harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote