The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Fiction & Films

Old 12-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
DaCage
Side-Kick

Default How Marvel can do a good animated universe.

If I was Jeph Loeb, I'd cancel all current programs and reboot the current universe from scratch.

I'd hire writers like Paul Dini and Greg Weisman to map out a bigger universe, a more serious, edgier world. Essentially what Young Justice was or the Timmverse to Marvel. I would start it out with a new TV series, "Astonishing Spider-Man." Focusing on Peter's college life, to the peak of his relationship with Gwen and him struggling as a young adult. More closer to the comics. I'd hire the whole art team who did Young Justice to do it. This artist here did it perfectly: http://spiedyfan.deviantart.com/gallery/27946352

How would you guys continue?

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: How Marvel can do a good animated universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCage View Post
If I was Jeph Loeb, I'd cancel all current programs and reboot the current universe from scratch.

I'd hire writers like Paul Dini and Greg Weisman to map out a bigger universe, a more serious, edgier world. Essentially what Young Justice was or the Timmverse to Marvel. I would start it out with a new TV series, "Astonishing Spider-Man." Focusing on Peter's college life, to the peak of his relationship with Gwen and him struggling as a young adult. More closer to the comics. I'd hire the whole art team who did Young Justice to do it. This artist here did it perfectly: http://spiedyfan.deviantart.com/gallery/27946352

How would you guys continue?
Ok so let's say your cartoon's the first in your animated universe. Use Spider-Man as a vehicle to meet The Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four who all end up getting their own series?

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
DaCage
Side-Kick

Exactly! I'd do Astonishing Spider-Man, and do it as far as season two completes. Afterwards, I know how the universe is. The tone. THEN I can expand by turning Fantastic Four as a series. I'd use different artwork, something a bit different. Phil Noto can animated, I'd even like to see the same animators who did Legend of Korra/Avatar to animated the series.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

It does sort of raise a timing issue.

Who came first? Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-man etc? How long have they been on the scene, etc.

I would construct a flexible time line before anything.

You would also do well to connect some of the villains, to make it seem a bit more plausible.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
DaCage
Side-Kick

SHIELD was always there. I'd make that a major plotline for season 2 to expand it. I'd start it off by Fantastic Four because of the New York connection and go from there to higher guns like Hulk but Spider-Man would be my main focus. I'd like to see a Spider-Man series that matches up to SpectSpidey again.