The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Misc. Comics

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #926
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Jesus joined up in #101. Good call, Spoons. I hope he survives the next big bad; he's almost certainly going to be Rick's new best bud/confidante, much like Tyrese and Abraham were before, and dudes in that position don't have a great track record when a new baddie shows up.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #927
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Paul or "Jesus" is a dirty traitor for the Saviors. I'd bet money on it.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #928
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Hadn't thought of that. I could see it, though. We don't really know how he joined up with the Hill's people, and he seems a hell of a lot more capable than any of their other members.

I kind of hope he's just another refugee from a rougher group like Rick's, though. That would be cool, especially if he winds up being the sole survivor of that group and can teach Rick some lesson about leading such a group.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #929
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

I've been thinking he's a plant as well. Going around, scouting other towns to connect with the Hill to give Negan even more food to threaten off people.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #930
herakles
Side-Kick

Watch Jesus IS Nagen!??

Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #931
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

That would be hilarious if he turned out to be a shapeshifter and that flash-forward joke strip from #50 turns out to be the real future of TWD. Robot hand!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #932
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

I just hope that Andrea survives or Lilly Caul (the girl from the video game and the one that shot Lori and the Governor) shows up again in the comic book. I would love to see her and Rick meet and talk.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #933
JJJ's Ulcer

So what'd everyone think of #102? I liked the twist at the end (but I still don't trust "Jesus").

Old 09-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #934
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I liked it, especially Rick reminiscing about
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Glenn's death. What he said was spot-on: Glenn's death wasn't like Abraham's or Tyreese's or almost anyone else's because he managed to keep himself relatively clean even after the apocalypse. He was never cruel, he was always willing to put the group's needs ahead of his own--in a lot of ways, he was very much the best of the group we've followed for most of the series. Losing him is like having what little innocence the group had left ripped away. Rick's noting that in this issue was much appreciated. It went a long way toward reducing the "cheap shock" feel of Glenn's death in #100 to me.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #935
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I've only dabbled in the comic, but with them being over 100 now, are there any trades of TWD by chance?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #936
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I've only dabbled in the comic, but with them being over 100 now, are there any trades of TWD by chance?
There's a trade for every 6 issues. A hardcover for every 12 issues. An omnibus for every 24 issues. And a Compendium for every 48 issues.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #937
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
There's a trade for every 6 issues. A hardcover for every 12 issues. An omnibus for every 24 issues. And a Compendium for every 48 issues.
Thanks. I'll look into it.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #938
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

I'd suggest the HCs. Book 8 came out this month, and they are oversized, look great, and have all the covers plus some bonuses.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #939
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

I think the book is going to be very obvious in its direction with Negan (at least to me this is obvious)
Negan is arrogant, that is his downfall and I liked his scene with Carl. Took it as foreshadowing. Negan is sadistic and thinks Rick's group is soft. Carl isn't. Carl is going to kill EVERYONE in Negan's group in a far more brutal way. Rick and his group will be disgusted at how Carl is now every bit as dangerous. Negan won't expect it either. His arrogance will allow Carl to get close enough. I bet Carl pulls a Kick-Ass.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #940
GammaAzazel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
I think the book is going to be very obvious in its direction with Negan (at least to me this is obvious)
Negan is arrogant, that is his downfall and I liked his scene with Carl. Took it as foreshadowing. Negan is sadistic and thinks Rick's group is soft. Carl isn't. Carl is going to kill EVERYONE in Negan's group in a far more brutal way. Rick and his group will be disgusted at how Carl is now every bit as dangerous. Negan won't expect it either. His arrogance will allow Carl to get close enough. I bet Carl pulls a Kick-Ass.
Can't tell if you're serious or not. XD

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Carl IS the one who takes out Negan but I don't think it will be in that sense. More like Carl is taken by Negan, ends up killing the guards who's watching him, then is watched by Negan in some way. Iunno. I'd rather see something worse happen to Negan. Something just....totally uncalled for and not seen coming.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #941
JJJ's Ulcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Carl is like 8. He's a badass kid. But he can't take out 200 armed men. That'd be a bit too crazy and unrealistic, even for this book.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #942
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Ok the first letter form the letters page at the end of issue 102 may have been the funniest thing I've read in a looooong time

Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #943
Poeman
Banned User

Someone move this to the Walking Dead FORUM!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #944
Poeman
Banned User

btw i caught up to the comics this past weekend.

issue 100...what the eff man

Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #945
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

I feel terribly hipster, but I think I'm starting to loath WD just because of how popular the TV show is.

All anyone talks about at work is "did you see what happened on Walking Dead last night?", "what do you think will happen next week?", "isn't it so shocking and suspenseful?"

No. You know what was shocking and suspenseful? The actual ****ing comic book. And now it's jumped the shark. So instead of watching a show that - while good - isn't nearly as good as the comics, why don't you try actually reading someone inventive and cutting edge like the newest indie comics out there instead of staring at a TV watching shows that don't even come close to the inventiveness, explosiveness and originality of some of the really good comics of the world?!

...and I'm done.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #946
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I feel terribly hipster, but I think I'm starting to loath WD just because of how popular the TV show is.

All anyone talks about at work is "did you see what happened on Walking Dead last night?", "what do you think will happen next week?", "isn't it so shocking and suspenseful?"

No. You know what was shocking and suspenseful? The actual ****ing comic book. And now it's jumped the shark. So instead of watching a show that - while good - isn't nearly as good as the comics, why don't you try actually reading someone inventive and cutting edge like the newest indie comics out there instead of staring at a TV watching shows that don't even come close to the inventiveness, explosiveness and originality of some of the really good comics of the world?!

...and I'm done.
I'm actually having an issue similar to that. I saw the first season of TWD before reading the comics, and loved it. Once it was over, I bought Compendium 1, and every trade avilable up to that point. I've kept up with the whole series from that point on. Problem is, I really miss that feeling of the first season where I didn't know what might be coming, instead opting to b***h and moan when things don't go with how the comics did it. And I kinda hate myself for it.

The comics are better, its a fact, but I admit if I hadn't read them, I probably would have been just like everyone else. Hell, it may have made the search for Sophia somewhat suspenseful if I hadn't complained all the way through about how far off and uninteresting it was from the comics. Still, nothing I can do now but try to enjoy the rid ein both media.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #947
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

I like the fact that the book and show are on divergent paths. Instead of saying "Well this should happen!" I find myself constantly asking "What's gonna happen now?!" and I love it. And I still get that feeling from the book.

Wish I could do that with other franchises.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #948
T'Jai
eclectic threadkiller

From Day one ( and I told Kirkman this to his face lol) I've been saying the TV show should have followed a different group... that would have stopped All fanboy whining (mine included)

more of the same + on FaceBook
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #949
PaleRider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guhndoi View Post
Has anyone here read the "The Walking Dead" comics from 1989?

I just came across this blog from 2010, where the guy says AMC is adapting it for TV, lol. But I never knew there had been a comic about zombies called "The Walking Dead" before, it's in black and white too. It sounds really silly.

http://frightzone.blogspot.com.au/20...dead-with.html
I have, and it is really cool. It is NOTHING like Kirkmans WD, it is very similar to Dead World. Fans of Evil Ernie would like it too. When I first started hearing people talk about WD in 2005 I was shocked cause I thought they were talking about the 89' one.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #950
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

The tv show still holds its own suspense and surprise for me. Looking at the plot lines every episode I easily see that things are only following the comic a little bit. They take the base of how things happened in the comic and sort of flip it on its head. Just look at this season with the Governor. It's been far different from the comic. It's inevitable that I'm going to compare the comic to the show, but I am glad that they do different things on the show so that I'm not seeing a panel-to-scene rehash of what I've already read.