Voters: 614. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 11:40 PM   #26
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop33
If you wanna go with a darker, homicidal and psychotic joker, my favorite btw, here's a name that hasn't been mentioned yet...how about Crispin Glover. Before you say no, remember his character in Willard.
I am for having Crispin Glover as The Joker, like you mentioned his role in Willard should convince others that he can play dark and twisted. And he looked really cool in the first Charlie's Angel's movie!

Old 12-26-2004, 12:01 AM   #27
Bishop33
The Ominous Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Techno Bat
I am for having Crispin Glover as The Joker, like you mentioned his role in Willard should convince others that he can play dark and twisted. And he looked really cool in the first Charlie's Angel's movie!
Yeah, like I'll be honest when I saw that pic you posted of the evil Joker his face and name just came to mind. Btw dude, where did you get that pic? It's really badass.

Old 12-26-2004, 04:04 AM   #28
Bishop33
The Ominous Presence

Since this is the official "Joker thread" I figure I'd post this here instead of creating a new one, being that there are so many Joker threads out there already. Hope you don't mind Doc. If anything just ask the mod to move it or whatever.

Anyway, I don't know if you guys already know this or not but I haven't seen a thread about this yet. I got this info. from BOF and its really not that new but I just hadn't been there in a while. I mean I've seen all these threads about who will play the Joker, including us in this thread, but this might turn out to be a mute point after all cause it seems that Nolan and his team already have two actors in mind for the role. This is what the article said...

"Two actors are up for the role of The Joker in BATMAN BEGINS AGAIN. Australians Lachy Hulme (LET'S GET SKASE) and Bruce Spence (ROTK:EE) are rumoured to be stepping into Jack's boots. It's clear that they're going for thin, lanky and spooky, and will probably save on makeup and special effects if The Spence is cast." - BOF

The Spence guy, for those who don't know, is the "Trainman" guy from the Matrix movies. I gotta admit that guy really was spooky and creepy lookin but in a bummish kinda way. I don't know if he's the right guy for the Joker what do you guys think?

Last edited by Bishop33; 12-26-2004 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:22 AM   #29
Farva
Burger Punk!

I know it's not very detailed, but I like the look of the joker in the "arkham asylum" comics. I could see Spence, Hume, (or Glover) making that 'look' with a little special effect.

It may not be popular, but I am for making the character very dark. What I mean is give him the colorful, snazzy suits, and the even the hat. BUT, the camera work, should make him dark, always in the shadows, never giving you a bright, colorful look at him. It is hard to balance "clown" and "evil", but i prefer the "evil" look, with burnt red eyes piercing at you from the shadows. (which,like mentioned before, shows how he is similar to batman/wayne)

Evil eyes in the shadows and a good laugh are all i need for my joker.

www.LawmenRacing.com
Old 12-26-2004, 06:23 PM   #30
American_Hobo
Side-Kick

I think Nolan's Joker should just change his costume a tiny little bit from Nicholson's.

Also if he appears in the movie, I like to see a scene where he goes to Arkham Assylum and meets Harleen Quinzel so we can have Harley Quinn later in the sequels.

Last edited by American_Hobo; 12-26-2004 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:44 PM   #31
David Ford, RPD
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Hobo
I think Nolan's Joker should just change his costume a tiny little bit from Nicholson's.

Also if he appears in the movie, I like to see a scene where he goes to Arkham Assylum and meets Harleen Quinzel so we can have Harley Quinn later in the sequels.
I believe the opposite; if Nolan plans to include the Joker in BB2, then he needs to look different in every way. Younger actor, different makeup techniques, completly different costume. Maybe he should be kept simple and classy with tuxedos, like in the Batman: Harley Quinn cover. Or you could go the mysterious route and have in a trenchcoat, as Ross drew him on the cover of "Mythology".

"There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America."

Old 12-26-2004, 09:15 PM   #32
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Since this is the official "Joker thread" I figure I'd post this here instead of creating a new one, being that there are so many Joker threads out there already. Hope you don't mind Doc. If anything just ask the mod to move it or whatever.

Anyway, I don't know if you guys already know this or not but I haven't seen a thread about this yet. I got this info. from BOF and its really not that new but I just hadn't been there in a while. I mean I've seen all these threads about who will play the Joker, including us in this thread, but this might turn out to be a mute point after all cause it seems that Nolan and his team already have two actors in mind for the role. This is what the article said...

"Two actors are up for the role of The Joker in BATMAN BEGINS AGAIN. Australians Lachy Hulme (LET'S GET SKASE) and Bruce Spence (ROTK:EE) are rumoured to be stepping into Jack's boots. It's clear that they're going for thin, lanky and spooky, and will probably save on makeup and special effects if The Spence is cast." - BOF

The Spence guy, for those who don't know, is the "Trainman" guy from the Matrix movies. I gotta admit that guy really was spooky and creepy lookin but in a bummish kinda way. I don't know if he's the right guy for the Joker what do you guys think?
I highly doubt Bruce Spence will ever be Joker considering he is 60 years old right now. I think they want someone who is younger and closer to Bale's age who can carry on in future films if necessary. Out of all the names I have heard being thrown around I like Lachy Hulme the most.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:45 PM   #33
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, like I'll be honest when I saw that pic you posted of the evil Joker his face and name just came to mind. Btw dude, where did you get that pic? It's really badass.
Google search for Batman Dead End The Joker...

Old 12-27-2004, 11:56 PM   #34
Bishop33
The Ominous Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.p
hey uv all got really great ideas for the joker but i the idea in my heads like this i think they should have the card thing thats been goin around i dunno if its true but id be pretty awesome they got to put alot of thought into this i think they hould luk at alot of the alex ross versions of the joker cuz theyr really dark http://www.alexrossart.com/archives.html i think he should have a suit with like a dark purple suite but with white very small stripes goin vertically and his shoes should be those black ones with the white bits like gangstars wear(iv probably got most of this wrong but im pretty stupid so im sry) and his hair should be a really dark green and slicked back also i think he should have a load of variabale suits but they all tie underneath the same type of suits i agree with the walkin cane turning into a sword but i think he should have that on him for special occasions and hes has to have the fower that spurts acid. i think itd be better if we have a unknown for this sum1 who can really own this guy i mean jack nicholson was great with the character but he lacked sumthin i think the age was a bit off but the performance was great. hes got to be a bit older then batman for sure and a bit smaller but still very tall! i think itd be cool if they went with the idea of him wearin make up to go out and they should have him in the 2nd film but not so main they should have guy pearce as two face as the main then the joker gettin away to be in the third yeah im sry for writin so much but let me no wat u think
Dude no offense, like seriously tho, it seems like you got some good ideas here but its kinda hard to make out what you're saying with all those errors man. Next time proofread a little before you post.

Old 12-28-2004, 12:18 AM   #35
Bishop33
The Ominous Presence

Oh yeah, btw is this the version of the Joker you were speaking of?

Old 12-28-2004, 12:38 AM   #36
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thanks for being the first one to ask about this. I was a bit confused as too what he was trying to get at as well. I checked out the link he provided and had to look around for the Joker.

Old 12-28-2004, 01:38 AM   #37
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:

That picture of the Joker makes me think of Hugo Weaving.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:52 AM   #38
machoINspandex
Side-Kick

Question Re: The Joker

I was curious as to how his face will be if and when he is used in a sequel.

If they are going to try to create a more realistic tone even for the joker will his "look" still be resultant of the tried and tested chemical accident storyline or will his makeup be part of his lunacy. Basically an eveil clown on the inside who shows it on the outside by always wearing clowns makeup thus forgoing the upturned mouth and such.

What do you guys think>

Old 12-28-2004, 11:23 PM   #39
Bishop33
The Ominous Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Techno Bat
Thanks for being the first one to ask about this. I was a bit confused as too what he was trying to get at as well. I checked out the link he provided and had to look around for the Joker.
No problem dude. Thanks for telling me earlier about those Dead end joker pics.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #40
Bishop33
The Ominous Presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.p
k sorry i was in a rush and ill type properly nowi think that jokers rocks but i was referring to the black and white ones he looks really evil. i think he should have dark purple lips with dark slicked back green hair so he would basically look like a guy from the mafia and he should wear gloves dont no why but i think he should
So you're referring to this instead...

Old 12-29-2004, 12:09 AM   #41
Bishop33
The Ominous Presence

I gotta admit he does look pretty badass in that one as a comic, but I really think it's kinda the same thing as the real life one in the other pic. Remember things tend to look more badass in the comics than in real life. On the other hand Technobat's real life version of the Joker looks insane.

Oh yeah, btw, does anybody know who's portraying the Joker in that real life pic of him with Harley? And that brings me to a second question who's portraying Harley in that pic? I dunno about you guys but if Harley is ever introduced in one of these films, I think that's definitely how she should look, tight latex and all.

Last edited by Bishop33; 12-29-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:40 AM   #42
DarkKnightJRK
Side-Kick

I think the representation so far of Joker was in Greyson. The guy who played him not only had the goofy lighthearted side that Joker can portray (like the shots with him and the little girl skipping in some sort of park), and the dark and twisted side as well (shot of him bare-chested with an ax in his hand, him in some sort of revolving chair).

Also relating to the topic, what instances in the comics would you like to see in a sequel featuring Joker?

I like in The Killing Joke while he's basically torturing Gordon with pictures of his bleeding daughter, he's jumping around doing a musical number. That would be great in a sequel. After all, what's one of the last thing the regular audience would expect from a character like that?

The Dark Knight in the "World of Heroes" DC RPG.
The Wolverine in the "Heroes vs. Villians" Marvel RPG.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:17 AM   #43
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight7
I think that the joker should have a bit more crazed look to him. He could wear the purple suit, but not hav it so nice and clean. Maybe more blotchy and infected looking, (this could be the suit that he was wearing wen he fell into the chemicals, and he doesnt always hav to wear it, but in main scenes, so that its his trade mark, or goodluck charm or sumthing). It should be a little bit frayed, and look recked with some nics and scratches, and the colour should be a bit off and not perfectly STRAIGHT PURPLE (since it kinda got bleached in the acid).
So kind of like the Beetlejuice suit.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-29-2004, 05:23 AM   #44
General_Grievous
Side-Kick

I heard that they were maybe going to pick Bruce Spence but is he too old, considering that the Begins film setting is around Year One, Year Two?

Bruce Spence is also in Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars Episode 3.

He looks too old IMO.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #45
Sauron
Side-Kick

I wonder if they would use the "stand up comedian" origin. That was a cool look at him some what.

Batman: "You might be right."
Old 12-29-2004, 04:36 PM   #46
darknight7
Side-Kick

I've re-thought the suit idea. And maybe the tuxedo would be a good way to go, but with purple pin stripes

--dk7

Old 12-29-2004, 04:36 PM   #47
darknight7
Side-Kick

...and i cant forget purple gloves (light purple)...

--dk7

Old 12-29-2004, 06:33 PM   #48
Swordmaster
Big Damn Hero

IMO

ORIGIN:
For lack of a better name, "Jack Napier" is having a one man comedy act. Bruce Wayne is in attendace. He fails miserably. After the show, Bruce offers him some money, which he rudely refuses. Later, he joins a group (not the mob) to provide for his pregnant wife and they rob a place called Monarch Playing Cards. Bats shows up and defeats (not kills) everyone there, except for "Napier". A chase scene involving the batmobile and a motorcycle ends a AXIS CHEMICALS. They fight up on a balcony, Bats not fighting to the extent, knowing this man, and Bats trips "Napier"(accidently) and catches him, ala '89. Instead of being captured by the authorities and being an embarassment to his family, he lets go of Bats' hand and falls into a vat of acid. Batman looks down for a brief moment, and walks away. Right after that, a sickly whit hand pops out. AOut last shot is of stressed out red eyes...

LOOK:

A suit that is bleached purple when "Jack" falls in. A sickly bright yellow flower
that squirts acid. Of course, the bleached white skin, the red lips. Make the green hair a dark green, almost black, but clearly green. His eyes, make them look like he has red eye, wit red pupils. And have him smile not all of the time, just most of it, and have him frown when he is surprised, or even scared.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:27 AM   #49
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:

yeah...and he was in two Mad Max films......i would have liked to have seen him as the Scarecrow, but he would good as Joker. He has the physical look down pat. Can he give the performance of his life though? Other than him i can see, Hulme, Roth or Law as the other contenders.....

Old 12-30-2004, 12:33 AM   #50
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
yeah...and he was in two Mad Max films......i would have liked to have seen him as the Scarecrow, but he would good as Joker. He has the physical look down pat. Can he give the performance of his life though? Other than him i can see, Hulme, Roth or Law as the other contenders.....
Bruce Spence is too old, Jude Law sucks for Joker, and Hulme and Roth I wouldn't mind but I am more with Hulme he has got the perfect Joker face.

Closed Thread