The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

Old 06-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #226
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

Default Re: Thanks from Larry Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Brain
Hey guys. Larry sent me these pics last night. I didn't get a chance to post them until now

Batman2005, here's your proof.

BTW, Larry is a genuinely nice guy. You don't find that often in Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
Does it disgust anyone that when we were being born, our penises were technically in our mother's vaginas? Isn't that disgusting?
Alonsovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:04 PM   #227
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibeke_T
So Larry is there anything, in particular, on your mind regarding this film?

And thanks for stopping by the Hype
no. only how rough i might look, as i haven't seen it yet. meaning, i was dealing with the death of my best friend while making the movie (he was killed in iraq), and i was in a real bad way. but as one of you recently told me, it helped me look like a man worn down by the town, the corruption, etc. so, that's about it. just my vanity. ha. no, seriously, i jst wanted it to be well received, that's all. did you like it? LH

LarryHolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #228
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos
Mr. Holden. It's been really great being able to read your responses. I enjoyed you in Batman, and will definately pay a closer look the next time I see it.

Anyways, I was wondering if you would like to read over a script for a film I'm working on this summer (nothing, big, heck I'm still in high school) but yeah, it's just a 20 page word doc. So if you'd be interested I'll send it over. I would really be interested in know what you think and any comments you have. Thanks a lot!
thanks! absolutely. my agent's address is somewhere on this thread. find it and send it. my pleasure. just be patient with me, okay, as i get a fair amount of stuff to look at. especially this past month because of BB. but hell yeah, send it on. best, LH

Old 06-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #229
adamonkey

Larry, since it's really you, a few questions please:

1) Have you ever shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die?

2) When's the last time you cried?

3) Batman Begins is to the awesomeness as Rush is to ________.

4) Is it true that in Hollywood friends are only enemies who don't have the guts to kill you?

5) If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Invisibility, right?

6) What do you think of that batman begins review on readmag.com?

7) Describe yourself in a 17-syllable haiku.

Thanks!!

Old 06-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #230
vibeke_T
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsovich

holy larry holden!!!!

vibeke_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #231
Clerk
You Look Plump Today

Hey Larry, I havnt read the rest of this thread, so I dont know if you already touched on this so if you have you can just skip over this. Some guy came on the Hype a few years back claiming his wife was friends with yours or something of that matter. He was talking about how you were getting the part and what not of Finch (this was the first time anyone heard about the Finch character). It was funny because no one believed him. His posts weren't too frequent, they were like a report of such. One day he came on saying you found out he was telling us about your part and he said he was "dead meat" and we never heard from him again. Was this guy for real or just some nut?

Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #232
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corleone
I have to say this is true class. That you would take the time to post on here. It's nice to see someone take the time to do this. Especially coming into these forums considering we can all be a little critical on these films. But everyone involved with this film truely hit one out of the ballpark. Certainly one cool cat yourself. Thanks again.
damn, al, you're here, too? ha. yeah, i was a bit nervous as to what the response was gonna, especially when a few folks started questioning if i was really who i am, etc. but everybody's been so cool. it's been a real treat. honestly. i'm speaking with the chairmen and women of the board. without you guys, we don't work. so, thanks. back at ya. all the best, LH

Old 06-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #233
vibeke_T
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryHolden
no. only how rough i might look, as i haven't seen it yet. meaning, i was dealing with the death of my best friend while making the movie (he was killed in iraq), and i was in a real bad way. but as one of you recently told me, it helped me look like a man worn down by the town, the corruption, etc. so, that's about it. just my vanity. ha. no, seriously, i jst wanted it to be well received, that's all. did you like it? LH
I absolutely loved it! I felt like a kid at Christmas it was amazing.

And I'm sorry about your friend

vibeke_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:09 PM   #234
Angry Sentinel
Side-Kick

You do realize the only reason I was questioning you was because you seem too nice to be a Hollywood actor.

Good job, on that, good to know there are some real people left in that town!

EDIT

And sorry to hear of your loss, we learn to heal, but we should always keep the scars.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:17 PM   #235
Detective Flass
Banned User

Hey Larry! Did Batman-On-Film.com actually have an impact on some of the casting in Batman Begins?

Detective Flass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:17 PM   #236
Detective Flass
Banned User

Sorry about your loss.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #237
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamonkey
Larry, since it's really you, a few questions please:

1) Have you ever shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die?

2) When's the last time you cried?

3) Batman Begins is to the awesomeness as Rush is to ________.

4) Is it true that in Hollywood friends are only enemies who don't have the guts to kill you?

5) If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Invisibility, right?

6) What do you think of that batman begins review on readmag.com?

7) Describe yourself in a 17-syllable haiku.

Thanks!!
1. Yeah, and he was wearing black. But I made him my b#$ch first. Ha.
2. A few days ago. My best friend was killed in Iraq, and sometimes it gets the best of me still. Be two years on 30 July.
3. Hmmm... not sure how to answer that one... But hey, listen Neil Peart (spelling?) and Geddy Lee... and I forgot the other guy. Wow. Like I told you last night, I used to listen to Farewell To Kings every day when I was a kid. Even wrote a letter to Rolling Stone complaining about their lack of exposure for the group. Then, because I felt like I wanted to REALLY hear what these maniacs were doing, I started smoking pot so I could get in between the instruments, if that makes any sense. And if you have ever been stoned, it will. Ha.
4. Ha. Pretty damn good, that. I would say that is pretty much true, 90% of the time. yeah.
5. Man, I just don't want to die. I hope God just keeps me alive. So, immortality. Ponce De Leon (spelling) kind of action. And hell yeah, I would love to be invisible!
6. Haven't read it. Sorry.
7. Man, you're something else. Good stuff. Thanks.

LH

Old 06-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #238
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Flass
Hey Larry! Did Batman-On-Film.com actually have an impact on some of the casting in Batman Begins?
Wow. I wouldn't know that, really. Sorry. LH

Old 06-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #239
Detective Flass
Banned User

Eh, it's no problem.

I'm just happy to have someone in the film to be on the boards.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #240
The Only Woj
Side-Kick

Quote:
oh. sorry. never seen those. LH
dont worry, you're certainly not missing anything

The Only Woj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #241
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Sentinel
You do realize the only reason I was questioning you was because you seem too nice to be a Hollywood actor.

Good job, on that, good to know there are some real people left in that town!

EDIT

And sorry to hear of your loss, we learn to heal, but we should always keep the scars.
Thanks. Much appreciated. And I don't mind the questioning. Most folks in that town are jerks or jerkettes. Thanks. LH

Old 06-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #242
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibeke_T
I absolutely loved it! I felt like a kid at Christmas it was amazing.

And I'm sorry about your friend
thanks so much. seriously. best, LH

Old 06-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #243
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clerk
Hey Larry, I havnt read the rest of this thread, so I dont know if you already touched on this so if you have you can just skip over this. Some guy came on the Hype a few years back claiming his wife was friends with yours or something of that matter. He was talking about how you were getting the part and what not of Finch (this was the first time anyone heard about the Finch character). It was funny because no one believed him. His posts weren't too frequent, they were like a report of such. One day he came on saying you found out he was telling us about your part and he said he was "dead meat" and we never heard from him again. Was this guy for real or just some nut?
he's an ex-employee of mine. tries to use my alias all the time. mac sledge. which is robert duvall's name in tender mercies. i'm not going to say his real name, because that would only make him happy, but he was fired for using my computer in my office without permission (he was snooping). and other things. an ungrateful punk. i did hear he was ragging on me or something, but that's . we used to be tight, but he got weird and wasn't happy being behind the scenes. or something like that. screw him. if he shows up again here, somebody let me know. thanks. LH

Old 06-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #244
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

I have a little question. What kind of director is Chris Nolan? The kind of director that says to the actors how to say the lines or the kind of director that leaves them improvise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
Does it disgust anyone that when we were being born, our penises were technically in our mother's vaginas? Isn't that disgusting?
Alonsovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #245
Detective Flass
Banned User

What was it like to work everyday of filming with the likes of Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Michael Cain, and all the other talented actors?

And many people on the boards have said in real life that Christian Bale, how can I put it nicely.....can be an ******* sometimes. Is it true?

Old 06-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #246
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Alright all, I'm off to the movie. I will try and check in tomorrow, though, and maybe send somebody a pic (if people are still wondering if it's really me). But I've been on this computer long enough the last two days to last a lifetime. ha. my two finger tyoing is taking it's toll. hope everybody has a great day, and stay in touch, whether or not i'm back soon or not. and thank you all so much. this has been a blast. thanks. best always, larry holden.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #247
raybia
Signing off

Larry, I was wondering how long have you know Christopher Nolan? I know you were born in Belfast so it seems there is a big UK connection with people he chooses to work with? I think its time for Nolan to use you in a starring role.

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #248
adamonkey

Thanks LH! Followup question, if I may - where did you get such beautiful, expressive blue-gray eyes?

And followup to that - so how 'bout them Mets...

Old 06-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #249
Artos
Side-Kick

Quote:
thanks! absolutely. my agent's address is somewhere on this thread. find it and send it. my pleasure. just be patient with me, okay, as i get a fair amount of stuff to look at. especially this past month because of BB. but hell yeah, send it on. best, LH
Thank you very much. I'll send it out as soon as I can. Do you have some tips or ideas for someone who's trying to 'break into the business' or whatever? I'm hoping to become a director one day with some rather good (I hope) ideas and just my own idea of how to make a good movie. Is there any advice you can offer? Much appriciated. Thanks again!

Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #250
Detective Flass
Banned User

Thanks Mr. Holden!