The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

Old 06-18-2005, 04:30 PM   #251
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thanks from Larry Holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Flass
What was it like to work everyday of filming with the likes of Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Michael Cain, and all the other talented actors?

And many people on the boards have said in real life that Christian Bale, how can I put it nicely.....can be an ******* sometimes. Is it true?
just saw this, sorry. okay, quickly, it was a deram. everybody was cool, no drama. and christian was and is a prince. he was so intently focused on his job that pehaps whoever sad that stuff about him felt that way because he was quiet. he was there to do you guys proud, and you could tell he wasn't concerned with anything but that. and how can anybody not love him for that. he and chris and the rest just cared so much. it was obvious that they were going to swing for the fence. and it sounds like it cleared the breen monster, as it were (for you red sox fans). but everybody was cool. and cillian and richard brake were especially cool, especially seeing how we didn't knwo each other at all. those two have far more brighter futures as actors than i ever will. studs. hope that answered it. best, LH

LarryHolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:30 PM   #252
McGourgh
Side-Kick

Thank you for your time, enjoy the movie

McGourgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:32 PM   #253
Detective Flass
Banned User

Thanks for answering my question have a great time!

Detective Flass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #254
raybia
Signing off

By the way Larry, are you related to actress Laurie Holden? The one who played on the X-Files? If so, please have her use her connections with Cris Carter to get you a role on the next X-Files movie! Its your destiny to work with (or against) Mulder and Scully!! I really enjoy your work and much success behind the camera but please don't stop acting.

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #255
bweurk
Side-Kick

Good to see that Internet allow people from different countries and different environments to communicate... frenchs, americans, englishs, italians, spanishs...students, workers, artists, actors, etc... everybody is equal here, and we can communicate with people we would have never meet without the world wide web...

Welcome here mister Holden

bweurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #256
adamonkey

Yeah, it's a goddamn utopia. Now get back to work and make me my 30-cent sneakers.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #257
bweurk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamonkey
Yeah, it's a goddamn utopia. Now get back to work and make me my 30-cent sneakers.
can't get back to work.. it's midnight in france

bweurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:03 AM   #258
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryHolden
C. Lee. Hey, just answered your email. Up fighting insomnia, no pun intended. Those pics are on the way. Thanks for posting them. Best, Larry Holden
Hey man.....thanks for sending them. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get them up first...but I was called away for an unexpected family event (my brother and his family came in from out of state unexpectantly)...but we greatly appreciate you taking the time to talk with us. That is very nice and cool of you. Again, many of us are very delighted with the new Batman picture...and applaud you for your work on it, and the other fine films you have done. The best to you and yours in the future.

....oh, and the pic you sent of you and Carrie Ann-Moss was nice too.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:20 AM   #259
The Watchman
Balls McGee

Hey Larry, appreciate you stopping in, it's the kind of thing I'd imagine myself doing if I ever attained some amount of celebrity, very cool Great work on begins, the supporting cast was fantastic, Nolan delivered on so many levels, everyone associated with this production deserves endless praise.

I just blue myself
The Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #260
Superman4ever
Side-Kick

Quote:
i know, i know... the big boys would be better, right? sorry.... best, larry holden.
You are the man, and we ALL appreciate your visit!

Great job on "Batman Begins" and thank you SO much for posting, and caring about your fans......we all appreciate it!

I'm one happy camper...

Superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:37 AM   #261
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman4ever
I'm one happy camper...
ROCK'n and ROLL'n!!!

DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:57 AM   #262
Knightsaber Priss
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Hello. I just registered because I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have written me (via imdb.com, I guess) the past couple of days saying you enjoyed the movie, etc. Chris Nolan and the gang are the ones to truly thank, of course, as I just played a very small part; but I'm honored and blown away that any of you would take the time to actually get in touch, and I thought this would be the most efficient way to reach everybody. Again, thank you so much. Sincerely, Larry Holden
Well, anyone who was able to at least orchestrate the resurrection of Batman in some way deserves my praise and my respect.

"I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." Frodo Baggins - Fellowship of the Rings

I have changed. Things that I once wanted are now but a distant memory forever cloaked in the shadows of the twilight of the past.
Knightsaber Priss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 01:59 AM   #263
Superman4ever
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh
ROCK'n and ROLL'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000
Well, anyone who was able to at least orchestrate the resurrection of Batman in some way deserves my praise and my respect.
Exactly...

Larry your "rockness" is off the chart!

Superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:54 AM   #264
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybia
By the way Larry, are you related to actress Laurie Holden? The one who played on the X-Files? If so, please have her use her connections with Cris Carter to get you a role on the next X-Files movie! Its your destiny to work with (or against) Mulder and Scully!! I really enjoy your work and much success behind the camera but please don't stop acting.
Hey there. No, I'm not related to Laurie, but know of her. X files... I remember auditioning for Mulder way way back, and they brought me back a few times - but ultimately they got the right man for the job, I think. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Means a lot, seriously. Okay, well, I'm going to answer anybody I haven't yet, make one last post with contact info, and then probably vanish for awhile (I'm directing a film right now, if you can believe that, but we had to take a good-sized break because one of the actors became very ill suddenly and is in the hospital). Thanks again. Best, Larry Holden

Old 06-19-2005, 09:56 AM   #265
Dark Vigilante
Side-Kick

Quote:
and it sounds like it cleared the breen monster, as it were (for you red sox fans)
I love you.

Dark Vigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:57 AM   #266
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweurk
Good to see that Internet allow people from different countries and different environments to communicate... frenchs, americans, englishs, italians, spanishs...students, workers, artists, actors, etc... everybody is equal here, and we can communicate with people we would have never meet without the world wide web...

Welcome here mister Holden
Thanks. Well put. It's hard to believe I had never sent an email until five years ago (my wife showed me because she was heading off to Norway at the time). But you're right, obviously - it's pretty amazing, especially to this old man. Thanks again. This has been fun. Best always, Larry Holden

Old 06-19-2005, 09:59 AM   #267
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Vigilante
I love you.
Ha. Sorry I mispelled "green." I'm a horrible two-finger-using typer. Haven't been to Mass since 86, when I travelled in to see my Celtics win their last championship. Give my best to one great state. Best, Larry Holden.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:01 AM   #268
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman
Hey Larry, appreciate you stopping in, it's the kind of thing I'd imagine myself doing if I ever attained some amount of celebrity, very cool Great work on begins, the supporting cast was fantastic, Nolan delivered on so many levels, everyone associated with this production deserves endless praise.
Thanks so much. Really. It's been a blast. All the best, Larry Holden.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:01 AM   #269
Dark Vigilante
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ha. Sorry I mispelled "green." I'm a horrible two-finger-using typer. Haven't been to Mass since 86, when I travelled in to see my Celtics win their last championship. Give my best to one great state. Best, Larry Holden.
Good man, Larry, good man. And thanks for stopping by. It's great to see the actors interact with the fans.

Dark Vigilante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:02 AM   #270
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000
Thanks so much. (you guys have been so cool to me that I have to keep saying that - thank you thank you thank you). All the best, Larry Holden.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #271
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks so much. (you guys have been so cool to me that I have to keep saying that - thank you thank you thank you). All the best, Larry Holden.
FORGOT TO SAY THAT I USED TO HAVE THE COOLEST GODZILLA MODEL AS A KID. IT WAS HUGE AND STURDY AS HELL (GREAT FOR FILMING), AND I WAS THE ENVY OF ALL MY LITTLE FRIENDS. TAKES ME WAY BACK... PROBABLY LONG BEFORE YOU WERE BORN... BUT IT'S A VERY SPECIAL MEMORY. LH

Old 06-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #272
Bat Brain
Side-Kick

Guy Pearce for Harvey Dent. Yes or No?

Bat Brain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:14 AM   #273
ROBOCOP CPU001

whoa i missed this...

well larry just wanted to say hi..

How did you find this place? do Bale and nolan know about it?

all the best dude..well done!

Old 06-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #274
TheBeastWithin
Side-Kick

Larry, loved the movie and great job man! I really am sorry you had to get one in the back trying to do your job as an honest man in Gotham.

TheBeastWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #275
Detective Flass
Banned User

Hey Larry! Which Batman villains would you like to see in Batman 2 & 3 if there will be sequels?

Detective Flass is offline   Reply With Quote