The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

Post The Official Rogue/Anna X3 Thread

Since Anna Paquin is the only cast member who hasn't said anything on her status on X3 and Rogue having a intersting role in the movie, I thought it would be appropriate to make an official thread concerning everyone's favorite southern belle. Post you thoughts/ News on Paquin returing to X3 as well as Rogue's role and anything in between.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
Lisea
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Rogue/Anna X3 Thread

I think there's been at least three of these.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
Almighty Pejo
Side-Kick

I think, due to the fact that there is never any news regarding Anna and Rogue, all the threads made for her fade away. Plus, so few people realize there's a "search" function and you can go back through pages on the forums to look for older threads.

At any rate, I just hope she has a touch more attitude and a bit less damsel this time around. It was improved upon slightly from X-Men to X2, so it should further continue. Now, I certainly don't want her wearing butt floss and a tied off shirt, flying around, throwing boulders and tanks and going all "Sugah, ah wanna' go to the fish fry! What in tarnation are y'all doin' in heeuh? Grits!" and stuff. Although, saying tarnation just once might be a good thing.

Because you and I are one.

"I'm always Jean. And I'm always the Phoenix."
Old 06-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #4
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

no i searched and all i found was rogue and iceman roles in x3 so i think its appropriate right now

Old 06-24-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejo
"Sugah, ah wanna' go to the fish fry! What in tarnation are y'all doin' in heeuh? Grits!"
LOL

I remember laughing my ear off when I would watch the 90s cartoon when I was younger. Rogue had some of the funniest and wackiest dialogue, next to Storm whenever she got going. I wouldn't mind if Anna played the character with a little more sass, but let's be honest-- no teenager today, no matter how Southern, talks like Rogue used to in that cartoon (and sometimes in the comics, years back). I think Britney Spears' country-fried self is proof of that.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

"What in the world?!"

I think Rogue said that like, every other episode!

I'd kill to hear it in X3 haha

Old 06-25-2005, 05:54 AM   #7
Avalanche
Side-Kick

Quote:
At any rate, I just hope she has a touch more attitude and a bit less damsel this time around. It was improved upon slightly from X-Men to X2, so it should further continue. Now, I certainly don't want her wearing butt floss and a tied off shirt, flying around, throwing boulders and tanks and going all "Sugah, ah wanna' go to the fish fry! What in tarnation are y'all doin' in heeuh? Grits!" and stuff. Although, saying tarnation just once might be a good thing.
She could do with a little more sass. I understand why they made her character as it is in the films. They're following the early years. The years were Rogue is only getting to grips with who she is as a person. Hopefully in X3 she'll be a little more confident in herself, though to be honest, the whole Bobby/Kitty storyline sounds as though it would hurt her confidence more.

Old 06-25-2005, 06:15 AM   #8
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche
She could do with a little more sass. I understand why they made her character as it is in the films. They're following the early years. The years were Rogue is only getting to grips with who she is as a person. Hopefully in X3 she'll be a little more confident in herself, though to be honest, the whole Bobby/Kitty storyline sounds as though it would hurt her confidence more.
Or, it could piss her off, hence she starts hanging around the Brotherhood.

While in the Brotherhood, she might find some "not so great" influences to start hanging around with, like them damn Cajun scoundrels that are always causing trouble. Them Cajuns would be a pretty bad influence on her, and could very well give her a bit more sass.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #9
ljr
Side-Kick

That's what i'm thinking,in x-3 your going to see a more pissed off and kick ass rogue,she'll want to work off her frustrations somehow.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Im hoping she will be stronger and could carry heavy things like cars and trucks.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 06-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #11
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

*Groan*

It's the same old thing on every forum I go to...

Sure she isn't the flying, invulnerable, OTT, southern twanged Rogue from the 90's but then go look at Ultimate Rogue. Or X-Men Evolution Rogue...

Anna does a perfect job of portraying an entirely NEW version of Rogue. It's time people started accepting that the movies are only BASED on the stories and characters from the comics

I also think that Anna is perfeclty attractive, despite a lot of people on several forums bashing her looks.

Old 06-25-2005, 04:19 PM   #12
The Schwab
Banned User

I love Anna. Anna Anna Anna. I want to Marry her. She goes out with a loser. She goes out with that Tray from the OC. GRR.

Old 06-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #13
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalMadman
*Groan*

Sure she isn't the flying, invulnerable, OTT, southern twanged Rogue from the 90's but then go look at Ultimate Rogue. Or X-Men Evolution Rogue...

Anna does a perfect job of portraying an entirely NEW version of Rogue. It's time people started accepting that the movies are only BASED on the stories and characters from the comics

I also think that Anna is perfeclty attractive, despite a lot of people on several forums bashing her looks.
I agree.
Anna is definately growing up well.

Old 06-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #14
spark627
Side-Kick

i recently saw her in after ashley, an off broadway show, and she looks gorgeous. she has lost all baby fat and looks amazing. i think she is great as rogue and i think this time around we will see more of the rogue we know and love.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:32 PM   #15
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark627
i recently saw her in after ashley, an off broadway show, and she looks gorgeous. she has lost all baby fat and looks amazing. i think she is great as rogue and i think this time around we will see more of the rogue we know and love.

Wait... shes in After Ashley? You know how many times I pass bye that, EVERY day! My school even gave out free tickets one day and I declined. *****!!

Old 06-25-2005, 11:38 PM   #16
spark627
Side-Kick

yep she was, its over now. it was a good show

Old 06-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #17
Fray Ok
Ms. Chievous

Quote:
I think, due to the fact that there is never any news regarding Anna and Rogue, all the threads made for her fade away. Plus, so few people realize there's a "search" function and you can go back through pages on the forums to look for older threads.

lol.I think youve become my favorite poster.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:03 AM   #18
Fray Ok
Ms. Chievous

Quote:
*Groan*

I'd prefer to see something similar to evolution Rogue.Angry,detached,bold,and confident in her use of powers.It's not as if RogueAnna is absorbing their memories as well.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:10 AM   #19
the a1ant
Awesome

Old 06-26-2005, 12:30 AM   #20
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

wow. she looks great...

rogue and iceman better still be full fledged team members in X3...

Old 06-26-2005, 01:24 AM   #21
Almighty Pejo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fray Ok
lol.I think youve become my favorite poster.
LOL Glad to hear it!

Because you and I are one.

"I'm always Jean. And I'm always the Phoenix."
Old 06-26-2005, 03:28 AM   #22
moonstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay
Or, it could piss her off, hence she starts hanging around the Brotherhood.

While in the Brotherhood, she might find some "not so great" influences to start hanging around with, like them damn Cajun scoundrels that are always causing trouble. Them Cajuns would be a pretty bad influence on her, and could very well give her a bit more sass.
Well i hope she explores the powers of the dark side - joins the brotherhood -steals powers from Ms. Marvel (aka Carol Danvers)who'd be played in a cameo by Gwyeth Paltrow. hangs out with an older hottie Remy ( Oliver Martinez or Jonathan Reyes Meyers please)and starts talkin'bout how she really needs some southern fried chicken.

This would be funny as hell and I'm sure will send Bobby's horny butt in the other direction -toward shadowcat who I hope gets played by Emmy Rossum or Rachel Bilson. This will be much more interesting than having all the teens be wannab hero dogooders...Nuff said!

Good Luck Brett your gonna need it!

Old 06-26-2005, 04:26 AM   #23
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstar
Well i hope she explores the powers of the dark side - joins the brotherhood -steals powers from Ms. Marvel (aka Carol Danvers)who'd be played in a cameo by Gwyeth Paltrow. hangs out with an older hottie Remy ( Oliver Martinez or Jonathan Reyes Meyers please)and starts talkin'bout how she really needs some southern fried chicken.

This would be funny as hell and I'm sure will send Bobby's horny butt in the other direction -toward shadowcat who I hope gets played by Emmy Rossum or Rachel Bilson. This will be much more interesting than having all the teens be wannab hero dogooders...Nuff said!

Good Luck Brett your gonna need it!
*starts to say something*

*stops himself*

Old 06-26-2005, 06:26 AM   #24
Avalanche
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even X-Men Evolution Rogue has a good deal more to her though. Now, I'm not desperate to see Rogue flying around and such, but I would like to see her a touch more offensive. More in touch with her powers. In Evolution she used them in a much more offensive manner, and I'd like to see that in X3.

The problem is, movie Rogue appears to need to hold onto her 'victim' if she is to use their power. This limits the usefulness of stealing an opponent's power if you're right next to them.

Last edited by Avalanche; 06-27-2005 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #25
NocturnalMadman
Side-Kick

Yeah I know what you mean, it's unbelievable how long she held onto pyro when putting out his flames yet he wasn't even particularly weakened afterwards where as Wolverine was knocked flat out cold and nearly killed...

Same thing when she kissed Iceman, it just shocked him wheras "Cody" (or whatever they called her boyfriend in the first movie, it wasn't Cody, who knows why...talk about not doing your research!) was put into a coma...

Closed Thread